Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW:Phillip learns about Nathan & Melanie; April 20th issues; article summaries
Topic Started: Apr 7 2010, 01:33 AM (3,880 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

SOD:Phillip Learns About Nathan & Melanie

While arguing with Melanie, Stephanie brings up the letter and the fact that Melanie was willing to call of the wedding to Phillip. Phillip overhears. Melanie sees him there and tries to figure out if he heard anything. He did, but plays it off like he didn't. Molly says, "She feels so awful. That's the only redeeming part to this whole thing, is that Melanie hates that she feels this way."

Stephanie leaves and Melanie admits to Phillip that they were fighting because she had unresolved feelings for Nathan, but she doesn't anymore. He then gives her a chance to tell the whole truth. "He's kind of fishing to see if she will come clean and she doesn't right away because she's so ashamed of how she feels. But she does assure him that she loves him and Nathan doesn't matter to her," says Molly.

Later, Phillip hears Melanie tell Nathan that she loves her husband. Molly says, "She really does love Phillip. If Stephanie wasn't reminding her of everything and Nathan wasn't asking her about the letter, she would just be with Phillip and be happy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOW:Phillip Realizes Melanie Still Wants Nathan

Phillip walks in on an argument between Melanie and Stephanie and finds out that Melanie reached out to Nathan before the wedding ceremony and that she almost called it off.

Jay says, “Phillip is feeling hurt, angry and disillusioned.” He overhears Stephanie confront Melanie about the letter, but her purposely pretends that he didn’t hear anything. “He’s consciously not confronting Melanie about it. Phillip’s trying to come to terms with what he’s heard. He’s thinking before he’s acting,” says Jay.

Alone, Melanie confesses part of the reason she and Stephanie were arguing. She says she had conflicted feelings about Nathan, but she assures Phillip that it’s no longer the case. Jay says, “Phillip wants to believe her. But he’s a realist…stuff happens. I think deep down, he knows the feelings aren’t gone.”

Melanie neglects to fess up about the letter. Instead she insists she only loves Philip. They end up making love, but is Phillip really buying her devoted wife act? Jay says, “No, but he’s trying to. He really loves Melanie and wants to believe her.”

Afterward, Phillip gives Melanie another chance to come clean about her feelings for Nathan. “He wants answers,” notes Jay. “He’s covertly trying to pull an admission out of Melanie.”

But she won’t bite, which annoys Philip. “Phillip knows Melanie is lying. He’s trying to get her to tell him the truth on her own, rather than forcing it out,” says Jay.

Later, Phillip confides his doubts to Chloe. “He’s hurt, and Chloe is there for him a way that his wife isn’t right now, “ explains Jay, noting that Phillip tells Chloe he won’t know if Melanie truly is over Nathan until he witnesses her reaction the next time she seems him.

Phillip gets to do that when he sees Nathan and Melanie freeze when they run into one another. “It is the moment that he knows the truth,” says Jay. “Phillip can tell that there’s still something there, even if Melanie isn’t admitting to it. At that moment, he’s hurt. Phillip doesn’t really let his guard down or let people in, but he has with Melanie. So it hurts that much more.”

But then Phillip watches as Melanie declares her love for him to Nathan. “Phillip loves Melanie with all his heart. He wants to believe what she’s saying, but actions speak louder than words, “ says Jay.

And there might be more actions ahead, when Melanie and Nathan are devastated by the death of a patient and drawn together.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

"She feels so awful. That's the only redeeming part to this whole thing, is that Melanie hates that she feels this way."

Huh?

Anyway, now that you know the truth, run Phillip run!

Nicole Walker

Oh please. Somebody get this rugrat away from Phillip! I can't believe they stuck him with a teeny booper.

Cupcake06

Jesus. End it.

Nicole Walker

Even Jesus can't save us from this nightmare. I can't believe that this show is revolving around this red headed whiny twit.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Apr 7 2010, 01:56 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds good, although a part of me is surprised they have Philip finding out about this so early on. Curious to see where it goes from here.

Thanks Angie. Awesome that you were able to post this early!

MelOz
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Apr 7 2010, 01:42 AM
Oh please. Somebody get this rugrat away from Phillip! I can't believe they stuck him with a teeny booper.
word!

Meanwhile...she STILL lies and plays down the truth...even when she knows he probably overheard something.
I can't wait for the emancipation of Philip.
No one truly in loves writes a love letter to another man of wedding day declaring they will 'call it off' if that person admits their feelings for them.
How can anyone fan wank that truth?

Mollys answer is a bit immature 'oh if stephanie wasn't reminding her of nathan"
Um no honey...Melanie is daydreaming about nate all on her own.
I may not be a stephanie fan but none of this is her fault.
Mel made her own bed...now she can lie in it....on her own away from philip :P
Edited by MelOz, Apr 7 2010, 02:41 AM.

LadyM
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
I second this!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

If anyone needs a campaign and some pizza, it's Philip. Free Philip!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

MelOz
Apr 7 2010, 02:30 AM
Nicole Dimera
word!

Meanwhile...she STILL lies and plays down the truth...even when she knows he probably overheard something.
No one truly in loves writes a love letter to another man of wedding day declaring they will 'call it off' if that person admits their feelings for them.

Seriously. The destruction of Philip continues apace (and here I thought there was nothing left of him to destroy) if he knows Melanie lied and that she was writing a love letter to someone else on her wedding day to him and doesn't call a divorce lawyer right away. Doesn't he realize he married a child? I'm barely watching the show any more anyway so I may just have to check spoilers and come back when this nightmare of a marriage is over.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

TINA222
Member Avatar

Maybe this will bring old Phillip back. he needs to start acting more like his father and not let this child push him around. its embarassing. Shove her off a cliff Phillip! A really high cliff!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

This sucks.

Philip needs to be out of Melanie's orbit once and for all.

Come on Tomlin, bring back Shawn and Belle. :)

libra67

Ok, so now even Molly blames Stephanie/Nathan for Melanie's crap...lol

Molly should be grounded from interviews.

I hope this marriage does not last as long Luloe did.

Daytime
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Apr 7 2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:

"She feels so awful. That's the only redeeming part to this whole thing, is that Melanie hates that she feels this way."

Huh?

Anyway, now that you know the truth, run Phillip run!
My thoughts exactly!

I hope we get the old Philip back after this. I hate this watered down version of Philip.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Can they please, please, please interview somebody besides Molly Burnett for these stories? The crap that comes out of her mouth makes zero sense. Stephanie and Nathan aren't forcing Melanie to have fantasies about Nathan! And if Melanie's so upset by their behavior, then she shouldn't have written a letter on the day of her wedding to another man!

Again, despite what Molly Burnett thinks, the show is writing Mate as the rooting couple. Philip is the obstacle and the interloper, not the other way around. If Melanie were truly free from Nathan, if she were really over him and moving on with Philip, there would be no story. The story is she's married to someone, he's involved with someone else, but they really love each other.

And, by the way, she wouldn't be kissing Nathan if she didn't still have feelings for him. So she's lying to Philip about the letter, and she's lying to him about her true feelings for Nathan.

I want this craptastic storyline to end NOW. Let Carly and Vivian find another way to be at each other's throats - it no longer needs to involve Philip. (They have Daniel, Victor's godson, so that keeps Victor with a dog in the fight.)

Free Philip!

MelOz
Member Avatar

Sariah
Apr 7 2010, 09:34 AM
Can they please, please, please interview somebody besides Molly Burnett for these stories? The crap that comes out of her mouth makes zero sense. Stephanie and Nathan aren't forcing Melanie to have fantasies about Nathan! And if Melanie's so upset by their behavior, then she shouldn't have written a letter on the day of her wedding to another man!

Again, despite what Molly Burnett thinks, the show is writing Mate as the rooting couple. Philip is the obstacle and the interloper, not the other way around. If Melanie were truly free from Nathan, if she were really over him and moving on with Philip, there would be no story. The story is she's married to someone, he's involved with someone else, but they really love each other.

And, by the way, she wouldn't be kissing Nathan if she didn't still have feelings for him. So she's lying to Philip about the letter, and she's lying to him about her true feelings for Nathan.

I want this craptastic storyline to end NOW. Let Carly and Vivian find another way to be at each other's throats - it no longer needs to involve Philip. (They have Daniel, Victor's godson, so that keeps Victor with a dog in the fight.)

Free Philip!
Great post sariah!

I have to agree on all accounts.

And Philip has been a prop in this the whole time...if he weren't jays screen time would match Mollys instead of being considerably less.
They would also be interviewing Jay, heck even Mark about this SL...but they never do...it's always about Melanie and Mollys view about it all.

I'd actually have liked to read Jay and marks views.
Perhaps they would have been a little more in touch with whats playing on screen.
Edited by MelOz, Apr 7 2010, 10:46 AM.

MelOz
Member Avatar

Paxton
Apr 7 2010, 08:04 AM
MelOz
Apr 7 2010, 02:30 AM
Nicole Dimera
word!

Seriously. The destruction of Philip continues apace (and here I thought there was nothing left of him to destroy) if he knows Melanie lied and that she was writing a love letter to someone else on her wedding day to him and doesn't call a divorce lawyer right away. Doesn't he realize he married a child? I'm barely watching the show any more anyway so I may just have to check spoilers and come back when this nightmare of a marriage is over.

Thanks for posting, Angie!
I'm watching for Jay and Nadia/phloe interaction and Nicole/Ari these days. That's about it.

I am hoping Chloe will end up taking that
Spoiler: click to toggle

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

They really need to break up Phillip and Melanie pronto. I'm ready for a Phillip and Chloe affair and reunion.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Angie79
Apr 7 2010, 01:33 AM
Molly says, "She really does love Phillip. If Stephanie wasn't reminding her of everything and Nathan wasn't asking her about the letter, she would just be with Phillip and be happy.
the fuck? is she for real? LOL

bring on phloe! god, i thought i'd never say that.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Apr 7 2010, 11:37 AM.

BillieD
Member Avatar

I wish MB would watch the show and realize what's actually playing onscreen before she gives these idiotic interviews.
Can it BE more obvious that she wants Phelanie? Lookie sweetums, the writing is currently supporting Mate and Philip is just a prop.
I agree that Philip needs to be free of this mess and his child-bride.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply