Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soapnet Q&A with Molly Burnett
Topic Started: Apr 7 2010, 03:03 PM (1,241 Views)
Ellie

http://sn.soapnet.go.com/news/article/molly-burnett-qa

Molly Burnett Q&A
April 6, 2010

We must admit: It took a while for Molly Burnett's character on Days of our Lives -- the often lovelorn and usually bad-choice-making Melanie Layton -- to grow on us. But we kinda love her now, even though she's married to one guy (Philip Kiriakis) and wrestling with feelings for another (Nathan Horton). It's tough being young and attractive in Salem, are we right?

Anyhoo, we recently had the chance to ask Molly some questions -- not just about the show and her character, but also about her everyday life. Read on for her fun answers!

So who do you think Melanie really, truly loves: Nathan or Philip? And why?
Molly: "You're tricky ... I can't answer that! The viewers have to try and figure it out."

If YOU controlled the universe, who would you like to Melanie with? (You don't have to limit to Nathan or Philip.)
"Hmm ... no more back and forth. Let Melanie be happy with someone. Even if that's Chad -- or, you know ... Robert Downey Jr."

What's it like working with Crystal Chappell (Carly)?
"Amazing! She's so talented ... but you knew that already!"

Oh, we do. But what's Melanie's problem with Carly?
"She gave her away! Look at what happened to Mel because of it. That's all Melanie can understand right now because she's so angry."

Melanie's softened, relatively speaking, from the bad girl she was when she first came to the show. How's it been to play that evolution?
"I've worked hard on it. Finding moments for Melanie to be vulnerable ... but she's tough, and I'd never want her to lose that."

So do you have a preference? Badass Melanie, or more mature Melanie?
"Badass Melanie! Obviously."

Of all the relationships Melanie has with people on the show -- romantic, rival, friendship, familial -- what's your favorite one to play?
"That's the best part about being Melanie. All of her relationships are so drastic and different; romantic with Philip, rivalry with Stephanie, friends with Brady and Arianna, familial with Maggie and Carly and now Daniel ... I don't have a favorite because I love them all, but I do miss Max!"

Who amongst the Days cast would you like to work with, that you don't often get the chance to?
"Hmm ... Lauren Koslow, Joe Mascolo, and perhaps Casey [Deidrick, Molly's real-life boyfriend]..."

What do you like to do in your spare time?
"Go see movies, and decorate my townhouse."

What TV shows are you addicted to? (Days doesn't count!)
"GLEE -- and Vampire Diaries!"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

thanks Ellie!

I'd be more than happy to see Melanie working with Chad exclusively in the teen scene where she belongs.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

I LOVE Molly Burnett! Love Vampire Diaries and LOVE Robert Downie Jr.!!

I like her choices of whom to work more with, I would add James Scott to the list. ;)

TFP!
Edited by Kiren, Apr 7 2010, 03:20 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Apr 7 2010, 03:03 PM
Of all the relationships Melanie has with people on the show -- romantic, rival, friendship, familial -- what's your favorite one to play?
"That's the best part about being Melanie. All of her relationships are so drastic and different; romantic with Philip, rivalry with Stephanie, friends with Brady and Arianna, familial with Maggie and Carly and now Daniel ... I don't have a favorite because I love them all, but I do miss Max!"
What a telling question and way to point out that Melanie is ridiculously over-important to the canvas. Does any other character have both family and romantic relationships as front-burner as Melanie at the moment? My life would be so much easier if I could see in this twit whatever it is that TPTB see.

Thanks for posting!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'll have to say: this interview was a little easier to read than the other one! Kinda a slap, though, that she doesn't mention Mark Whatsis in the relationships.
Yeah, let Melanie and Chad have their way with each other. Although, it might be interesting to see Badass Melanie and Badass Sami get into each other's orbits. They could screech each other's eyes out!

OliveAnn

As much as MB likes Melanie as bad, I hope she stays on the good side. A bad Melanie reminds me of a HS Queen Bee: you know, a girl who has nothing better to do in her life than be a witch and she's so bad at it it's laughable. The only time I found her tolerable was around last Summer, when Melanie was re-evaluating her life, getting into nursing school, finding joy in helping people, having a shot at a first proper relationship in her life etc. There was less drama, ergo less schreeching and crying.

Alligato
Member Avatar

So does Molly want to work with Casey because she thinks that she belongs in the teen scene or does she want to work with Casey because he is her boyfriend in real life?
She is really trying to pimp Casey here.

I can't stand to watch Melanie any more. So tired of every character being involved in her story. Not a fan.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Paxton
Apr 7 2010, 03:50 PM
Ellie
Apr 7 2010, 03:03 PM
What a telling question and way to point out that Melanie is ridiculously over-important to the canvas. Does any other character have both family and romantic relationships as front-burner as Melanie at the moment? My life would be so much easier if I could see in this twit whatever it is that TPTB see.

Thanks for posting!
That's what I was thinking when I read that - and I notice that she managed to leave Nathan off of that list. What a surprise. :eyeroll:

Quote:

So who do you think Melanie really, truly loves: Nathan or Philip? And why?
Molly: "You're tricky ... I can't answer that! The viewers have to try and figure it out."

We already have figured it out. Molly seems to be the only one who doesn't know which guy Melanie truly loves.

Edited by Sariah, Apr 7 2010, 05:10 PM.

Bradyclan

I miss Max too. Sometimes, I wonder how things would have played out if he were around. Would Dan and Carly still be her parents?...

Anyways, what a mess.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply