Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: Michael Nouri Cast as Erica's New Love Interest; Courtesy of TV Guide Magazine
Topic Started: Apr 8 2010, 12:58 PM (1,853 Views)
dc cubs
Member Avatar

Michael Nouri is Erica's New Catch on All My Children
by Michael Logan April 08, 2010 01:52 PM EST

Posted Image

La Lucci lucks out! That casting call to find a hot new man for All My Children’s Erica Kane has ended in spectacular fashion: ABC gave the job to Michael Nouri. The show biz vet hits the air May 24 as rugged mountaineer Caleb McGraw. Alas, Caleb and Erica won’t meet cute—a sabotaged plane carrying the Pine Valley diva will plow into his wilderness home and completely destroy it.

Nouri co-starred in the Sandra Bullock smash The Proposal and in recent years has done a slew of recurring roles in primetime hits, including Damages, NCIS, Brothers & Sisters, Army Wives and The O.C. And he’s no stranger to daytime soaps—Nouri got an early career break on Search for Tomorrow and appeared on The Young and the Restless five years ago. This is a contract role, so look for reclusive Caleb and high-maintenance Erica to get very serious—that is, after he stops being pissed off at her for ruining his life. By the way, my spies on the set tell me this casting has Susan Lucci over the moon! Look for an interview with Nouri in an upcoming issue of TV Guide Magazine.

Source: TV Guide Magazine
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I think Nouri and Andrew Masset (Larry Welch, DAYS) could almost pass off as twin brothers.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I like Erica and Jackson together..... :-/

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh, Steve Kaslo, how nicely you've aged. Dear Liza would be so happy. If you hadn't died, of course.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kirk
Apr 8 2010, 01:03 PM
I think Nouri and Andrew Masset (Larry Welch, DAYS) could almost pass off as twin brothers.
I thought the same thing reading the article thinking where's the Larry Welch credit. :lol:

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

I guess we all know what this means....

ERICA AND RYAN ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

LOL they've been over for quite some time now, Ryan's all "Greenlee, Greenlee, Greenlee" now with poor Madison as a afterthought.

I don't know how I feel about this. It seems as if whenever a new team of writers come aboard, there's always a "new" man for Erica hoopla, but soon fizzles out.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

¤ Rhi ¤
Apr 8 2010, 01:06 PM
I like Erica and Jackson together..... :-/
I do too. They've always had that spark.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I thought that is why they brought Jackson back :blink:

KMan101
Member Avatar

It's going to be a triangle ... supposedly. Which means Jack will be ignored again while Erica has her new plaything. Something will screw it up and her and Jack will be back together again for the billionth time.

BC2.0
Member Avatar
Jester

MichaelGL
Apr 8 2010, 03:12 PM
LOL they've been over for quite some time now, Ryan's all "Greenlee, Greenlee, Greenlee" now with poor Madison as a afterthought.
But this just confirms it in my mind. I've been irrationally worried that they'll bring them back together.

~bl~
Member Avatar

I was wondering whom they would hire for Erica's latest love interest. At least Nouri has been in soaps before, but I was hoping for someone who was a "daytimer"...

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I think Erica and Jackson will end up together in the end eventually, for sure. But the show wants to throw in someone else to mix things up a bit. AMC would not just put Erica with this new guy, and keep them together forever. Erica and Jackson will be the endgame.
Edited by AllmyDaysatGh, Apr 8 2010, 05:49 PM.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

He's a sexy looking older man.

83leesy1
Member Avatar

I like Erica with Jack as well, but I haven't been a fan of Erica for a while. I love Jackson and thinks he deserves to be loved by Erica as much as he loves her. I'm tired of him being her safe choice or backup plan. It is time for Erica to mature. Some of the reasons I loved her 20 years ago is why I am not sure about her today. After all she has been through, one would think Erica would be the go to person for love advice. Sadly, she still hasn't figured it out. The new actor is handsome and I hope this storyline is interesting to watch.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Q Steph
Apr 8 2010, 05:59 PM
He's a sexy looking older man.

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

Jack and Erica are a wonderful couple, but after too many continuous months of WEDDED bliss, they, like most other soap couples, become BORING and CONTRIVED!!! They need tension, slings and arrows to keep things interesting, and a NEW man will do just that. I just hope that the writers develop this character well, and that this actor has good chemistry with Susan Lucci. If he doesn't, it won't work!!! I applaud them for writing a NEW character for Erica to be with. It makes little sense for men to come RUNNING back into Erica's orbit considering how carelessly she seems to discard them on a whim. This probably explains whey most of her ex-husbands have had the good sense not to come back for a round 2.........

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply