Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:A Closer Look: Hope; April 20th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Apr 8 2010, 01:37 PM (10,868 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

Hope has it out with Carly over Bo and then confronts Adrienne about Justin.

Carly drops by with a gift Bo forgot to give Ciara and has a run-in with Hope. Kristian says, “Carly just goes after Hope. She reprimands her and talks down to her. It’s ‘Bo this’ and ‘Bo that’. She brings up Ciara and why Bo doesn’t get to see her. Hope is like, ‘Maybe I don’t want my daughter in the presence of a murderer. Maybe I’m trying to protect her.’ Because Carly did kill a man in cold blood. Then she put everyone else’s life in danger by bringing that into Bo and Hope’s home. Carly wasn’t thinking of anything but her own hide.”

Carly refuses to apologize for being with Bo. Hope says she is over this and wants to be left alone. “She really is beaten down. She can’t even get the strength to fight Carly,” says Kristian.

Carly leaves and Hope is distraught and had to lie down. She has a terrible headache and is trying to deal with work, Bo being gone, and she also finds out about Kimberly needing a bone marrow transplant. It’s a lot to deal with.

Meanwhile, Justin is hurt in a scuffle and that causes both Hope and Adrienne to reexamine their feelings for him. Kristian says, “Hope realizes she really cares for Justin…that maybe it’s a little more than she thought. She also admires how wonderful he is with Ciara. The three of them together – that relationship is very easy. But is Hope in love with Justin? No. She loves him as a friend, but it’s not a romance.”

Later, Carly persuades Adrienne to give Justin a second chance. Adrienne then runs into Hope, who admits bringing her back to Salem was a mistake. Has Hope decided that she wants Justin for herself? Kristian says, “That’s the big red herring. You don’t really know. That question is left unanswered. You’re left wondering, ‘What’s the next scene?’ It could go either way. Maybe Hope’s just playing Adrienne – trying to get her to realize her true feelings for Justin.”

Kristian was asked what the response she has been getting about her marital mess with Bo. She says, “What I’m getting is, ‘What happened to Bo? How could he just forget everything and turn his back on his wife and their family?’ Yes, Hope moved out, but she was just taking some time away. The way Bo looks at Hope sometimes, now, is like he’s disgusted with her. It’s as if Bo doesn’t value her, their family or the history they have.”

SOW says, “The questionable part of the whole relationship is that Carly’s relationship with Bo is being depicted as on par with Hope’s, which is never was. Wouldn’t you agree?” Kristian says, “It’s like this full-on, unbelievable love, and its being played to the hilt. Where did it come from? And Hope’s being treated so horrendously. I don’t know why she would ever take Bo back.”

Kristian talks about her big storyline that is coming up, “It’s definitely challenging and unpredictable. I didn’t know if what Hope’s going to be experiencing took place in real life. I’ve been asking a lot of people questions about it.”

It will be the first “all Hope” story since Princess Gina. Is she anxious about carrying such a heavy load? Kristian says, “I’m anxious whether it’s a big story or not. I always want my performance to be as believable and creative and different and heartfelt as it possibly can be. I aways try to add as many colors as I can to Hope, so the audience gets the full flavor of what she’s experiencing.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Apr 8 2010, 01:37 PM
SOW says, “The questionable part of the whole relationship is that Carly’s relationship with Bo is being depicted as on par with Hope’s, which is never was. Wouldn’t you agree?” Kristian says, “It’s like this full-on, unbelievable love, and its being played to the hilt. Where did it come from? And Hope’s being treated so horrendously. I don’t know why she would ever take Bo back.”

LOL, wow! That's a confrontational quote, and yeah, I do have to agree, Kristian, even though I'm not even a Bo and Hope fan.

Thanks for posting!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Quote:

Thats what I'm wondering as well? But, my investment in this part of Hope's story is little to none, but sad that the actors dont know either?
Quote:

Kristian talks about her big storyline that is coming up, “It’s definitely challenging and unpredictable. I didn’t know if what Hope’s going to be experiencing took place in real life. I’ve been asking a lot of people questions about it.”

And probably getting no answers? I wish she would tease us with..
Spoiler: click to toggle

Thanks for posting!

lysie
Member Avatar

Angie79
Hope is like, ‘Maybe I don’t want my daughter in the presence of a murderer. Maybe I’m trying to protect her.’ Because Carly did kill a man in cold blood.
They're going to need to stop playing it this way while having Hope and Ciara living with Vivian and Victor. It's pissing me off.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Put Melanie and Philip with Victor and get Hope in with Maggie already.

4thWall

That interviewer stirred up so much shit! Kristian took the bait, but I think she was well aware. Love here honesty, but I can only imagine the drama this is going to cause. And the crazy Bope stans are going to feel validated and as though they have Kristian's support. I'm just going to watch the fireworks.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Angie79
It will be the first “all Hope” story since Princess Gina. Is she anxious about carrying such a heavy load? Kristian says, “I’m anxious whether it’s a big story or not. I always want my performance to be as believable and creative and different and heartfelt as it possibly can be. I aways try to add as many colors as I can to Hope, so the audience gets the full flavor of what she’s experiencing.”
I love how the actors are just as cautious as the rest of us whether a few scenes they get more often than normal means they're actually getting a big storyline or not. :lol:

lysie
Member Avatar

So wait...they didn't even tell us what the story is that's ALL Hope's? Why even ask?

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

This is a scary thought, an interesting story line-- for Hope of all people.... nah, couldn't be.
Edited by crookedhalo, Apr 8 2010, 03:09 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I look forward to the stuff that is coming.

I disagree complete with Kristian on the Bo/Carly stuff (out of nowhere, go watch the stuff in the early 90's...just because Days never mentioned Carly doesn't mean their relationship wasn't as impactful as his and Hope's, which is more longstanding and historic but I digress) but she's entitled and I think she's just responding to fan concerns too. Anyway, I will just leave it at that.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Oh my gosh...so many issues. :soapbox:

Quote:

Carly wasn’t thinking of anything but her own hide.”

What the hell ever. How many times did we hear Carly flat out refuse to stay with Bo or to get him involved because she was concerned with the safety of him and his daughter? It was like a broken record for awhile there.

Quote:

Yes, Hope moved out, but she was just taking some time away. The way Bo looks at Hope sometimes, now, is like he’s disgusted with her. It’s as if Bo doesn’t value her, their family or the history they have.”

Hope wouldn't even talk to him or give him a valid reason for taking his child other than she didn't like the way he handled the kidnapping. I call bullshit on this. Yes, Bo is being a tool now but Hope was just being vindictive and petty at first. She wouldn't talk to him, hear him out, or even acknowledge whether or not their marriage was over. Bo is a tool at the moment, but Hope started this downward spiral.

Quote:

And Hope’s being treated so horrendously. I don’t know why she would ever take Bo back.”

Hope treated Bo horrendously. She always has these little bitch fits and expects him to be waiting on her. She's such a little princess. :P

I don't particularly care for Bo, Hope, or Carly but there are so many things in this interview that jumped out at me. Maybe it's because my first memories involve Bo and Carly, so I've never bought the "You're the only woman I've ever loved, Fancy Face" line they always wrote...but I think Bo and Carly had a pretty great relationship when Hope was dead.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Apr 8 2010, 03:12 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 8 2010, 03:09 PM

I disagree complete with Kristian on the Bo/Carly stuff (out of nowhere, go watch the stuff in the early 90's...just because Days never mentioned Carly doesn't mean their relationship wasn't as impactful as his and Hope's, which is more longstanding and historic but I digress) but she's entitled and I think she's just responding to fan concerns too. Anyway, I will just leave it at that.
She and Peter have both referenced this and I'm starting to wonder if there's going to be something storyline related to come up later. I don't know what, but I find it odd that they would both basically call out the writing (I mean...KA praised MELASWEN). That being said, I agree with you.
Edited by lysie, Apr 8 2010, 03:12 PM.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Sounds good!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Apr 8 2010, 03:11 PM
PhoenixRising05

She and Peter have both referenced this and I'm starting to wonder if there's going to be something storyline related to come up later. I don't know what, but I find it odd that they would both basically call out the writing (I mean...KA praised MELASWEN). That being said, I agree with you.
I don't mind calling out the writing. I may disagree with her and Peter on how Hope is being treated and how Bo and Carly came back together but I understand their point. What I take issue with is Kristian's other points referring to Bo and Carly's relationship. She demeaned the hell out of it. Carly was really the only other person Bo came close to ever loving the way he loved Hope. Their relationship had a major impact only in different ways. It was a grown up romance. She brought him back to life, in a sense. It reeks of her not knowing enough about the background. I'm beginning to wonder if Peter has forgotten alot of it too. Remember when CC first came back? He actually thought he was around for the Buried Alive story. That was RKK.

I just don't like the way they both seem to be devaluing the relationship and I also hate how Kristian goes on and on about how Carly was some aggressive home wrecker. She kept telling Bo to go back to his family or stay away for his family's sake. I'm not a fan of either couple and I get KA defending her character but you can't defend your character and forget about the other perspective and what actually happened. This was a really rough interview on her part.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 8 2010, 03:17 PM
lysie
PhoenixRising05

I don't mind calling out the writing. I may disagree with her and Peter on how Hope is being treated and how Bo and Carly came back together but I understand their point. What I take issue with is Kristian's other points referring to Bo and Carly's relationship. She demeaned the hell out of it. Carly was really the only other person Bo came close to ever loving the way he loved Hope. Their relationship had a major impact only in different ways. It was a grown up romance. She brought him back to life, in a sense. It reeks of her not knowing enough about the background. I'm beginning to wonder if Peter has forgotten alot of it too. Remember when CC first came back? He actually thought he was around for the Buried Alive story. That was RKK.

I just don't like the way they both seem to be devaluing the relationship and I also hate how Kristian goes on and on about how Carly was some aggressive home wrecker. She kept telling Bo to go back to his family or stay away for his family's sake. I'm not a fan of either couple and I get KA defending her character but you can't defend your character and forget about the other perspective and what actually happened. This was a really rough interview on her part.
No, I saw what you meant, and I agree. That's not what I was talking about, though. I'm starting to wonder if they're talking about it like that for a reason (aside from their own opinions) that might be storyline related.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Apr 8 2010, 03:25 PM
PhoenixRising05
lysie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

No, I saw what you meant, and I agree. That's not what I was talking about, though. I'm starting to wonder if they're talking about it like that for a reason (aside from their own opinions) that might be storyline related.
Hmm...could be.

Those two have never been ones to talk so bluntly about story in a negative way and, as you noted, they've been part of much worse in the way of stories before. It does make you wonder why this story of all stories is the one that has them speaking out when it's so out of character for them.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

Hope is like, ‘Maybe I don’t want my daughter in the presence of a murderer. Maybe I’m trying to protect her.’ Because Carly did kill a man in cold blood.
What a flimsy excuse. If Hope is really trying to protect her daughter, why the hell does she have her living under the same roof as Victor and Vivian? The murder count of those two is exponentially larger than that of Carly's.
Quote:

Carly put everyone else’s life in danger by bringing that into Bo and Hope’s home. Carly wasn’t thinking of anything but her own hide.
Not true. How many times did Carly pack her bags and try to leave town only to have Bo stop her?
Quote:

Has Hope decided that she wants Justin for herself? Kristian says, “That’s the big red herring. You don’t really know. That question is left unanswered. You’re left wondering."
Not really. Kristian kinda spoiled it in this very interview by saying Hope only has feelings of friendship for Justin.
Quote:

“[Carly and Bo are being written as] this full-on, unbelievable love, and its being played to the hilt. Where did it come from?"
Clearly Kristian didn't keep up with the show after Hope was "killed" in that vat of acid, LoL.

Thanks Angie!

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 8 2010, 03:27 PM
lysie
PhoenixRising05

Hmm...could be.

Those two have never been ones to talk so bluntly about story in a negative way and, as you noted, they've been part of much worse in the way of stories before. It does make you wonder why this story of all stories is the one that has them speaking out when it's so out of character for them.
If it is storyline related, it sounds like it will continue in the path of ignoring Carly's history. I almost get the sense from both of them that there's a hint in there that there really is a "reason" Bo is "different."

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
I think they're just fans of the Bo and Hope pairing. For so many years, Peter and Kristian have been the safe, mainstay couple of the show, and I'm sure they got comfortable in that role... so for that to suddenly change is probably a little jarring as it flies in the face of everything that's been written in the last 15+ years about Hope being the "one and only true love" of Bo's.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Apr 8 2010, 03:31 PM
PhoenixRising05
lysie

Hmm...could be.

If it is storyline related, it sounds like it will continue in the path of ignoring Carly's history. I almost get the sense from both of them that there's a hint in there that there really is a "reason" Bo is "different."
Could be. I know Peter suggested a "midlife crisis" and went about changing his look to go along with that but maybe it's more. I hope not. The thing I like most about this story is it's real and there is no "out there" reasoning as to why it happened. Bo and Hope had major issues, Bo was vulnerable, Carly returned and so did all the feelings and memories of her and Bo, they grew closer, and then they had sex and reunited. There was no excuses. It happened and they owned up to it, like adults in the real world. It was such an un-Days-like story but it made sense and that is why I enjoy it.

Kenny hit the nail right on the head though with his post. I mean, at least Peter's recent quotes made sense, even if I didn't agree. Kristian was all over the place in this interview.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply