Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:A Closer Look: Hope; April 20th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Apr 8 2010, 01:37 PM (10,830 Views)
AlisonLou

dc cubs
Apr 11 2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks to tallab1994 who noted this in the weekly discussion thread. There is a pic of Abe in the hospital with Lexie at his side in the Soaptown Loose Lips section. No idea on the timeframe for this to happen.

http://www.soaptownusa.com/Loose.html

Could Abe be the third person to get attacked after the DA and Justin? I'm definitely thinking Hope will be behind the attacks. The question is how will this be explained. Will it be a split personality? Is Hope having blackouts and not remembering what she is doing?
Thanks! Not another person hit on the head. Now it's becoming ridiculous! Is the whole damn town going to be hit on the head and under Viv's or an alive Lawrence's evil spell? And then Bo rides into town and lifts the spell and busts Viv and an alive Lawrence?

I think Shane and Bo are going to be the ones to uncover the truth! the question is what will happen to Hope once the truth comes out! And what about Ciara?

This sounds like Passions supernatural crap!
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 11 2010, 10:09 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I honestly don't know why Abe is in the hospital or even if he gets whacked. The picture looked interesting simply because he's part of law enforcement (OK, so he's the Mayor but he still does Police work-- only in Salem!! ) I remember reading a long time ago that Hope will have some sort of medical problem and this will be her storyline. I hope they give this storyline some justice. I really have to wonder if PR's "vacation" was not only budget but also gearing up for this storyline too. I'm hoping for something interesting here.

leela46
Member Avatar

I kind of like the idea of Hope with a split personality going around Salem smashing people over the head. I hope this is way the story is going to go, but please NO Princess Gina. That is one of my all time most hated storylines. KA did a fine job, it's just that I hated the very idea of Salemites running around with brainchips in their heads and the whole thing got so convoluted it was hard to remember who was trying to be who.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AlisonLou

I agree! I hated the Gina sl too! I hated the thought of Hope not being Hope. I didn't like that there was hardly any scenes between her and Bo. I didn't know who Gina was so I couldn't get into the story. It was all so made up and not very realistic!

Livie

I loved the Princess Gina stuff since I always liked Hope playing the darker character. I rewound and played a hundred times her love scenes with John "under the sea".

AlisonLou

After reading that article again it sounds like Days is being very badly managed. First Peter doesn't know what's going on with his character and has to improvise by having Bo look different(midlife crisis) and now Kristian doesn't seem to get what her characters story is about either. This is bad. If Kristian doesn't understand Hope's story or what's going on with Hope then how are the viewers supposed to understand?
All we have right now is questions with no answers. Seems like it's the same for the actors!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

AlisonLou
Apr 12 2010, 12:50 AM
After reading that article again it sounds like Days is being very badly managed. First Peter doesn't know what's going on with his character and has to improvise by having Bo look different(midlife crisis) and now Kristian doesn't seem to get what her characters story is about either. This is bad. If Kristian doesn't understand Hope's story or what's going on with Hope then how are the viewers supposed to understand?
All we have right now is questions with no answers. Seems like it's the same for the actors!
I would definitely have to agree with you there.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Apr 11 2010, 03:39 PM

If people can't remember back that far, they have bigger concerns then a TV show :laugh: .

Phoenix, I didn't remember that til it was brought up. Are you insinuating something? Maybe it's because I have more important things to do than dwell on a little detail that imitates a lot of what happens in soaps? Not everyone has a photographic memory when it comes to rehashing something on a TV show. Maybe if they do, THEY have a bigger problem. :lol: right back atcha.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Apr 12 2010, 05:46 AM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Apr 12 2010, 05:44 AM
AlisonLou
Apr 12 2010, 12:50 AM
I would definitely have to agree with you there.
Make it three who agree. It feels like very few actors have a grasp on where their characters are going or why they are behaving in their current manners. It brings to mind that interview with Molly where she questioned why Mel was being so horrible to Carly and Tomlin leaned over and told her why. Seems like a poor way to manage a group of talent.
Edited by mer4santo, Apr 12 2010, 11:57 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Apr 12 2010, 05:46 AM
PhoenixRising05

If people can't remember back that far, they have bigger concerns then a TV show :laugh: .

Phoenix, I didn't remember that til it was brought up. Are you insinuating something? Maybe it's because I have more important things to do than dwell on a little detail that imitates a lot of what happens in soaps? Not everyone has a photographic memory when it comes to rehashing something on a TV show. Maybe if they do, THEY have a bigger problem. :lol: right back atcha.
LOL I was just teasing with the "bigger problems" comment so no need to get so defensive. However, I do stand by my point. Anyone who is watching a show regularly should remember something that happened a mere month or two ago, whether they get alot on their mind or not. We all have alot on our mind and I really wasn't picking on anyone. I was just responding to your point that some may have problems remembering the whole crate thing. Hell, the whole crate thing was a pretty big deal as it happened during the whole Philip/Melanie/Vivian/Carly sweeps event so I would think all of that would be pretty well remembered. It wasn't some small moment that could easily get lost in the shuffle or something that happened way back last summer.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 12 2010, 12:25 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 12 2010, 12:24 PM
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05

LOL I was just teasing with the "bigger problems" comment so no need to get so defensive. However, I do stand by my point. Anyone who is watching a show regularly should remember something that happened a mere month or two ago, whether they get alot on their mind or not. We all have alot on our mind and I really wasn't picking on anyone. I was just responding to your point that some may have problems remembering the whole crate thing. Hell, the whole crate thing was a pretty big deal as it happened during the whole Philip/Melanie/Vivian/Carly sweeps event so I would think all of that would be pretty well remembered. It wasn't some small moment that could easily get lost in the shuffle or something that happened way back last summer.
I think even if some don't remember it, once it is actually brought back up as being a possible cause it would be kind of an "aha" moment. Especially, if it was only a couple of months ago. If it were a couple of years ago...that might be pushing it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Apr 12 2010, 12:26 PM
PhoenixRising05
ladyofthelake

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
I think even if some don't remember it, once it is actually brought back up as being a possible cause it would be kind of an "aha" moment. Especially, if it was only a couple of months ago. If it were a couple of years ago...that might be pushing it.
Exactly. I'm sure if that incident is what started this, the viewers will be reminded of it anyway.

sungrey

A small moment, done correctly, would have tons and tons of impact. Edge of Night used to be famous for this; a small clue or a seemingly throwaway scene would have impact months down the road at the end of a mystery. If Hope is experiencing problems based on the crates falling on top of her, hey... bring it on. If it's a good story I'll take it.

Still want Bo and Hope together in the end (and judging by the ratings not moving, I may not be the only one... lol), but I'm having fun watching the result on the screen. I also am thinking it might be time for a regime change, but that's just me. I know, I sound confused. :)

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

AlisonLou
Apr 11 2010, 10:08 PM
dc cubs
Apr 11 2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks to tallab1994 who noted this in the weekly discussion thread. There is a pic of Abe in the hospital with Lexie at his side in the Soaptown Loose Lips section. No idea on the timeframe for this to happen.

http://www.soaptownusa.com/Loose.html

Could Abe be the third person to get attacked after the DA and Justin? I'm definitely thinking Hope will be behind the attacks. The question is how will this be explained. Will it be a split personality? Is Hope having blackouts and not remembering what she is doing?
Thanks! Not another person hit on the head. Now it's becoming ridiculous! Is the whole damn town going to be hit on the head and under Viv's or an alive Lawrence's evil spell? And then Bo rides into town and lifts the spell and busts Viv and an alive Lawrence?

I think Shane and Bo are going to be the ones to uncover the truth! the question is what will happen to Hope once the truth comes out! And what about Ciara?

This sounds like Passions supernatural crap!
1)DA
2)Justin
3)Abe
4)EJ(by Hope)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05

Sorry, my friend, but I'm not the only one who forgot. Maybe my priorities are different? :shrug:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Apr 12 2010, 07:52 PM
PhoenixRising05
ladyofthelake

Sorry, my friend, but I'm not the only one who forgot. Maybe my priorities are different? :shrug:
You make it sound like a crime that you (and a few others) forgot. It's rare that something can so easily be forgotten but it's not like it's a sin LOL.

As lysie said, they will probably remind the audience of it anyway, especially since people can be known to watch sparingly at times. No big deal.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Apr 12 2010, 07:53 PM
ladyofthelake
Apr 12 2010, 07:52 PM
PhoenixRising05

You make it sound like a crime that you (and a few others) forgot. It's rare that something can so easily be forgotten but it's not like it's a sin LOL.

As lysie said, they will probably remind the audience of it anyway, especially since people can be known to watch sparingly at times. No big deal.
No, but your wording bothered me. Whatever. I'm just stating how I feel. But THANK GOD the headache is there to remind that Hope is one in a line of MANY soap characters who got bonked on the head. Hallelujah, AMEN! I hope for my sake it turns out to be a brain tumor and not a result of those damn Stryofoam squares they called boxes. If I recall correctly. Hmmmmmm.

Now, I'm also sick of head injuries and headaches and brain garbage affecting the behaviors of the characters.

AlisonLou

I'm sick of the head stuff too! And I hate that the writers are playing head games with us!
We shouldn't have to be guessing everything with this sl. Soaps are supposed to be a pleaseure to watch and a stress reliever! They are not supposed to be causing people stress and anger!
I shouldn't have to study a soap for signs or try to work out whats going on.
Soaps are supposed to be fun and about romance not multiple brain injuries and people running around being total whackjobs! This stuff doesn't belong on soaps.
I'm wondering if one of the writers at Days has gone Psychotic!
This Hope sl sounds Psychotic and for someone to then put it in a soap it makes me wonder if the writer is a bit loony themselves!

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

AlisonLou
Apr 12 2010, 09:32 PM

Soaps are supposed to be fun and about romance not multiple brain injuries and people running around being total whackjobs! This stuff doesn't belong on soaps.
I'm wondering if one of the writers at Days has gone Psychotic!
This Hope sl sounds Psychotic and for someone to then put it in a soap it makes me wonder if the writer is a bit loony themselves!
you haven't been watching Days very long, have you? :ermm:

AlisonLou

Since the stuff from 92 aired. And everytime they did a story like this it barely helped the ratings! Days used to be about romance in the 80's now it's not. I've seen that stuff and it's good!
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 12 2010, 09:47 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply