Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:A Closer Look: Hope; April 20th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Apr 8 2010, 01:37 PM (10,819 Views)
cassie1013

specialcases
Apr 12 2010, 09:43 PM
AlisonLou
Apr 12 2010, 09:32 PM

Soaps are supposed to be fun and about romance not multiple brain injuries and people running around being total whackjobs! This stuff doesn't belong on soaps.
I'm wondering if one of the writers at Days has gone Psychotic!
This Hope sl sounds Psychotic and for someone to then put it in a soap it makes me wonder if the writer is a bit loony themselves!
you haven't been watching Days very long, have you? :ermm:
Second that LoL!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AlisonLou

I find nothing happy about Days right now. The stuff that's airing is depressing! No one's happy! And the viewers have finally ahd enough! The latest ratings show it!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

AlisonLou
I'm sick of the head stuff too! And I hate that the writers are playing head games with us!
We shouldn't have to be guessing everything with this sl. Soaps are supposed to be a pleaseure to watch and a stress reliever! They are not supposed to be causing people stress and anger!
I shouldn't have to study a soap for signs or try to work out whats going on.
Soaps are supposed to be fun and about romance not multiple brain injuries and people running around being total whackjobs! This stuff doesn't belong on soaps.
This Hope sl sounds Psychotic and for someone to then put it in a soap it makes me wonder if the writer is a bit loony themselves!
The storyline is just starting, so it is a bit too early to say that we are going to have to keep guessing or that it sounds psychotic. I think it could be interesting and like that it isn't just about fighting over a man for once.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I'm wondering now since the D.A has already said that it was Rafe that attacked him, if they will investigate him for Justin's mugging. Maybe that's the reason why he goes to the Heart. If that's it, he'll start investigating these muggings and discover that it's Hope. Rafe will tell Bo about this and the Hope storyline will become the Bo and Hope storyline. Carly and Daniel will work on her medically and become closer and Bo will be a support to her and they will get back together. Ok, that's what I think may happen!!
Edited by talbab1994, Apr 12 2010, 10:00 PM.

Cupcake06

Angie79
Apr 12 2010, 09:54 PM
AlisonLou
I'm sick of the head stuff too! And I hate that the writers are playing head games with us!
We shouldn't have to be guessing everything with this sl. Soaps are supposed to be a pleaseure to watch and a stress reliever! They are not supposed to be causing people stress and anger!
The storyline is just starting, so it is a bit too early to say that we are going to have to keep guessing or that it sounds psychotic. I think it could be interesting and like that it isn't just about fighting over a man for once.
Agreed.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

AlisonLou
Apr 12 2010, 09:46 PM
Since the stuff from 92 aired. And everytime they did a story like this it barely helped the ratings! Days used to be about romance in the 80's now it's not. I've seen that stuff and it's good!
There were just as many psychos/killers/rapists/etc in the 80's too. You said you looked at the 80's stuff. Did you not see Marlena getting raped or Kayla? What about the Salem Strangler or the Riverfront Knifer? How about 80's Stefano and Andre?

Romance is important but it alone doesn't bring in the ratings. Good stories do and those are very much subjective in many people's eyes anyway. Marlena possessed, Carly buried alive, and the Salem Serial Killer (up until Melaswen) all brought in great ratings for Days so psychos/killer/setc can bring in the ratings.

AlisonLou

talbab1994
Apr 12 2010, 10:00 PM
I'm wondering now since the D.A has already said that it was Rafe that attacked him, if they will investigate him for Justin's mugging. Maybe that's the reason why he goes to the Heart. If that's it, he'll start investigating these muggings and discover that it's Hope. Rafe will tell Bo about this and the Hope storyline will become the Bo and Hope storyline. Carly and Daniel will work on her medically and become closer and Bo will be a support to her and they will get back together. Ok, that's what I think may happen!!
I hope this is what happens. But with these writers who knows? Ciara's going to be stealing at school so I wonder if she is the one doing the stealing and Hope's the one hitting people on their heads!
Spoiler: click to toggle

He probably knows what's wrong with Hope and using it to his advantage!
I just hope he doesn't take advantage of her in bed! I so hope they don't go there though!
I think he will get found out and Rafe and Bo will nail him for the baby stuff as well!
Shane can't get here soon enough for me!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Apr 12 2010, 08:53 PM
Now, I'm also sick of head injuries and headaches and brain garbage affecting the behaviors of the characters.
amen. amen. amen.

I am looking forward to this storyline and I pray that it isn't ott campy and that it plays for longer than a week and that whatever Hope's malady, it isn't solved easily by popping a few pills.

AlisonLou

The stuff with Hope looks like it is just going to get worse!

I just read a spoiler

Spoiler: click to toggle

I seriously hope they are not going there with Hope and Justin.
I really hope they don't do this to Hope's character!
If they go full steam ahead with this pairing I think that will be it for me.
And first Bo going out of town and now Justin?
The Days ratings are just going to get worse!
I was actually loving Justin and Adrienne. Can't belive the writers would do this.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

AlisonLou
"Head games" WHY did you say that? LOL
And I agree with you, and still maintain that it's NOT a crime, nor something to pyschoanalyze if someone just happened to forget something that happened a month or so ago on a show. Now, they COULD bring it back as a flashback,and that would work.
But yeah, these head injuries are so..............blech.
There are other ways to bring Hope into her own without causing blood clots, contusions, concussions, lesions, or whatever. Shoot, I'd rather find out that Vivian was slowly giving her mind-altering drugs than another head injury.
Now, we add JUSTIN to the mix who got boinked on the head. Stop the insanity!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

specialcases
AlisonLou

Actually, I have on and off, and that doesn't make it right. Through all the writers and EP changes, you'd think ONE lousy person would get a little creative.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

AlisonLou
Apr 12 2010, 09:50 PM
I find nothing happy about Days right now. The stuff that's airing is depressing! No one's happy! And the viewers have finally ahd enough! The latest ratings show it!
We need an infusion of humor. Let's stick Brady in the shower with.......T!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Apr 13 2010, 06:00 AM
specialcases
AlisonLou

Actually, I have on and off, and that doesn't make it right. Through all the writers and EP changes, you'd think ONE lousy person would get a little creative.
Yeah but some fans that whine about the violence are the same fans that praise the overrated 80s. That's when most of those stories really started! If they miss a classic soap it's the 60s and 70s they should be raving about.

AlisonLou

I think this Hope sl will be overshadowed but the Alice tribute and the returning vets. Everyone's going to be so hyped up about the vets returning that this sl may fail to make an impact. If this sl doesn't include Bo then I fail to see how this sl will stand out when all these vets are returning. With the Alice tribute happening now was really not the time to be doing a Hope sl especially if she is going to be going around whacking people on the head. To do the Alice tribute right Hope needs to be sane!
Hopefully Jen will talk some sense into Hope when she returns!
Then again if Hope's turned into a full blown nutter by then who knows!
I'd actually like this Hope sl to be like the Bo sl when he was sick! Who was behind that sl? Was it Ed Scott? or was it Dena?
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 13 2010, 10:08 PM.

Fryday
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Apr 13 2010, 09:34 PM
I think this Hope sl will be overshadowed but the Alice tribute and the returning vets. Everyone's going to be so hyped up about the vets returning that this sl may fail to make an impact. If this sl doesn't include Bo then I fail to see how this sl will stand out when all these vets are returning. With the Alice tribute happening now was really not the time to be doing a Hope sl especially if she is going to be going around whacking people on the head. To do the Alice tribute right Hope needs to be sane!
Hopefully Jen will talk some sense into Hope when she returns!
Then again if Hope's turned into a full blown nutter by then who knows!
I disagree. I think it's the perfect time to give Hope a big storyline. Lapsed viewers are going to be tuning back in for Alice's tribute. They need a big storyline amongst the main cast to be running simultaneous, so that you can hook viewers to stick around, after the Alice stuff is over.

They did a wonderful job of this, during Mickey's death, by interweaving Carly's storyline into it. If I hadn't already been watching, I know that confrontation scene between Carly and Hope at Mickey's wake would have been enough to reel me back in. I feel like that's why they carried a lot those rating gains into sweeps.

Unfortunately, while Carly's storyline was peaking, I don't think they did as good a job of transitioning Sami, EJ, Rafe and Nicole back into being the A storyline again and we've seen major ratings drops since then.

Of course the caveat to this working out is Hope's storyline can't suck.

DOOL1965

JMO, I think that the way that they mixed Bo and carly having nasty monkey sex sl during Mickey's death sl was tacky and disrespectful. John Clarke is an outstanding actor and his character Mickey had been with the show from the beginning. Mickey's death sl deserved the upmost respect and should have been the main focus. CC is a mediocre actress and her character as the pathetic carly should not have been mixed into the sl. carly sleeping with Bo and then going over to Maggie's and showing no remorse during this time was distasteful. If CC and her character carly so good, why can't she stand on her own and why does she always play the homewrecker?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply