Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Missy Reeves first airs June 9th...
Topic Started: Apr 9 2010, 12:18 AM (6,261 Views)
LastLicks
Member Avatar

esp13
Apr 16 2010, 05:18 PM
LastLicks
Apr 14 2010, 01:58 AM
billyjill
Apr 14 2010, 01:37 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

1] Well, S/K went off to the cabin for a while. But their OTR story was the previous year. Just recently brushed up on my S/K, so hopefully I'm not off ...

The OTR storyline for S&K was actually two years prior to the Harper escape storyline. The Harper escape storyline took place after S&K's wedding and honeymoon. Victor and Jack helped Harper escape (although it was never really explained why Victor wanted to help). Harper was shot during the escape (by Steve who was working undercover to foil the plot after Jo tipped him off about it after she overheard Jack talking about it). Victor's men kidnapped Kayla to treat Harper's gunshot wound with the intend of "disposing" of her afterwards. Jack freaked when he learned Kayla was involved, but was unwilling to stop things to save her (actually really well played by MA). Steve figured out what was going on and where and ultimately rescued Kayla. Steve tried to get Jo to tell the cops that she overheard Jack planning the escape but she refused to turn in her baby boy. Jack basically got off scott free. But, there were some great Steve, Kayla, Jack scenes in the aftermath of the foiled escape attempt.
There were two breakout attempts. OTR was in 1987, I believe, right? The Victor/Jack breaking Harper out of jail stuff I was referring to was in 1988. Neither had anything to do with the 1990 breakout.
Edited by LastLicks, Apr 16 2010, 09:50 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

LastLicks
Apr 16 2010, 09:49 PM
esp13
Apr 16 2010, 05:18 PM
LastLicks
Apr 14 2010, 01:58 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
The OTR storyline for S&K was actually two years prior to the Harper escape storyline. The Harper escape storyline took place after S&K's wedding and honeymoon. Victor and Jack helped Harper escape (although it was never really explained why Victor wanted to help). Harper was shot during the escape (by Steve who was working undercover to foil the plot after Jo tipped him off about it after she overheard Jack talking about it). Victor's men kidnapped Kayla to treat Harper's gunshot wound with the intend of "disposing" of her afterwards. Jack freaked when he learned Kayla was involved, but was unwilling to stop things to save her (actually really well played by MA). Steve figured out what was going on and where and ultimately rescued Kayla. Steve tried to get Jo to tell the cops that she overheard Jack planning the escape but she refused to turn in her baby boy. Jack basically got off scott free. But, there were some great Steve, Kayla, Jack scenes in the aftermath of the foiled escape attempt.
There were two breakout attempts. OTR was in 1987, I believe, right? The Victor/Jack breaking Harper out of jail stuff I was referring to was in 1988. Neither had anything to do with the 1990 breakout.
Yeah, I got my year wrong for the Victor/Jack attempt to breakout Harper. I had 1989 in my mind for some reason when I wrote my post, but it was 1988. Sorry about that.

yandy

Do you have a link to Missy's Face book page please - and thanks for the info about her return.

meaculpa

IIRC, when MIssy left Days, TPTB were falling all over themselves to get her to stay. She chose to not renew her contract because she and hubby were building their new home (around Nashville, I think?)

I wonder if they're still that eager to have her come back permanently?

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Here is her facebook page.

I think it'd be a reasonable guess that time tempered the eagerness, but any interest she might show would at least merit some serious attention on Corday's part. They're always going on about Days' budget, and I think MR is a good compromise on the familiar face/sizable paycheck front, but technically money and airtime is still an issue. They did somewhat recently get rid of DH, DH, SN, MBE and TP, after all.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

IMissAremid
Apr 14 2010, 02:24 AM
Fwiw, I thought the last few articles that Bryan was interviewed in made it sound like he was not wanting to stay at DOOL and was wanting to move on to other things because he felt like he was not being used the way he could be there (and he was probably right).

But not wanting to come back at the moment of bitter feelings about not having your contract renewed is one thing and never being willing to come back ever when it's been a while since you had a paycheck or maybe the hard feelings have subsided over time is another thing.
True...in his last SOD article Bryan states that he wouldn't return to Days. That if Days ever wanted Lucas on the canvas again he wouldn't return to the roll and they'd need to recast. To me, I think he was genuinely fed up with being given non-Lucas storylines (he always wanted that) and he wasn't happy being shipped off canvas temporarily twice in 2 years and let's face it Lucas hadn't been written well in a very, very long time. Those interviews came out right around xmas at the time he was let go and maybe he really didn't want his character to be subjected to more crappy writing, or he truly wanted to do other projects. But heck, it's been months and maybe at this time he is reconsidering and if Days offers he might bite...who knows. I'm dying to see him stay, I would love for him to be around again on a more permanent basis.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I can't say I blame Dattilo. He and Renee Jones were treated like crap for a few years and were great troopers about it. Leaving then returning, etc.

Dattilo has also played the role since 1993 (left in 2001 but returned in 2002), so it's been 16/17 years of playing the same role. I'm sure he's also ready for a change.

I can't really see a need for the character at this point, he's been so marginalized and ignored and wasted that it's time for a break.

I'm sure Melissa Reeves would return but I can't see them building a story around her, honestly. The only story I could see would be Frankie's return. Jenn clings to him because Jack's never around and we have yet another go-around. Sorry, that ship has sailed.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Missy tweeted last night that she's back taping again today. She first taped on Friday, April 9th and we know from pics she was at the studio last week too. I'd guess she is probably the one actress out of all the returns who will have the most appearances. Corday mentioned most stars would be there for one to a few episodes. I think we may see Jen around for 5-10 episodes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply