Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Law & Order' opens an L.A. office
Topic Started: Apr 13 2010, 02:09 PM (571 Views)
Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Report: 'Law & Order' opens an L.A. office
By Rick Porter

"Law & Order" may be going bicoastal in the fall.

NBC has reportedly picked up 13 episodes of a West Coast version of the show to air next season. Deadline.com says the network picked up 13 episodes of "Law & Order: Los Angeles" for the fall, where it will join "Law & Order: SVU" and very possibly the "L&O" mothership, which the site says is looking "pretty good" to return for a 21st season.

NBC isn't commenting on the report.

Blake Masters, who created the Showtime series "Brotherhood," is on board as a writer for "Lola," as "Law & Order" creator Dick Wolf has been calling the new show. There's no word on a cast yet.

NBC Entertainment president Angela Bromstad said in January that she had talked with Wolf about developing an L.A.-based extension of the brand. Since then, though, there's been little public chatter about the new version, even through the frenzy of pilot casting season.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

I really don't know why. Not one of those current L&Os is really all that successful.. This is such an overload.
Edited by Manny, Apr 13 2010, 04:43 PM.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I agree Manny. I'm sure this will be DOA just like Law and Order: Trial by Jury

Mason
Member Avatar

This franchise is like a hydra. You cut off one head, three more pop up.

Daytime
Member Avatar

I love SVU, the others I don't care for, but SVU Rocks!

I flove my Benson and Stabler! :)

Alin89
Member Avatar

im happy there will be an L.A version
Edited by Alin89, Apr 13 2010, 08:52 PM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I'm sort of surprised that there's still talk of this! I read a rumor in the special L&O edition of TVGuide! I figured with the flagship show's status in question and CI being moved to USA, there was no way that another spin-off would fly!

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

No. Just no.

KMan101
Member Avatar

They're probably hoping for a replacement for L&O, but I don't see it working.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I must be one of the few who actually liked L&O: Trial By Jury...

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Rhi
Apr 13 2010, 10:09 PM
I liked the two episodes I actually got to see! Jerry Orbach as Lenny Briscoe was always one of my favorites!

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

I'm surprised they could afford this, isn't that the reason why L&O:CI had so many issues.

Natalia
Member Avatar

Rhi
Apr 13 2010, 10:09 PM
I loved it to I like all the Law&Order series I don't know if Law&Order:UK is aired in the US but that's a great show as well and there were rumours of a French version once if that was aired here I would watch it.Law&Order series are very populair in European countries such as The Netherlands,Italy and France.

into_the_skyline
Member Avatar

Trial By Jury actually did well in the ratings on Friday, but NBC was doing better and very cocky then. Of course none of it's replacements have gotten even half the ratings it got. I think NBC owed it to Wolf and the L&O brand which made them so much money, to give that show a better shot.

I really hate that NBC (or USA) never had the balls to air L&O: UK. They actually made quite the effort to make it similar to a US show and it is VERY VERY good.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I think that was back during their post-Friends "plan". To cancel well performing but not blockbuster shows and revamp the network. (Providence was another) Yeah ... worked out well didnt it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply