Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sophia Bush joins ABC comedy pilot; One Tree Hill actress securing new work
Topic Started: Apr 13 2010, 10:35 PM (637 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Sophia Bush joins ABC comedy pilot
'Southern Discomfort' role in second position to 'One Tree Hill'

"One Tree Hill" co-star Sophia Bush has been cast in ABC's family comedy pilot "Southern Discomfort."

Bush will play the role of Haley, a recent Harvard graduate who returns to her Texas hometown to reunite with her old boyfriend. Her parents on the show are played by Don Johnson and Mary Steenburgen. Bush is repped by UTA, Joan Green Management and attorney Jamie Mandelbaum.

The multicamera comedy from Sony Pictures TV, Tantamount and ABC Studios is about a father whose grown kids move back in with him. Andy Cadiff, repped by UTA and Luber/Roklin, is directing.

The deal has Bush in second position to her role on "One Tree Hill," meaning the CW series still has first dibs on the actress for next season.

It's still unclear if "One Tree Hill" will get a pickup; the veteran drama and the CW's freshman series "Life Unexpected" are considered to be vying for a single spot on the network's schedule next season.

source: THR.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh, God....I'm gonna go get my cross and garlic prepared for when Nosferatu arrives.

Alin89
Member Avatar

oth is going to be dead with her

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

She really needs to get off that show.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Drew
Apr 13 2010, 11:32 PM
That show really needs to get off the air already!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

I'm happy for her! I've always enjoyed SB and it's clear that OTH hasn't been what it used to be since season four.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Mateo
Apr 14 2010, 01:01 AM
I'm happy for her! I've always enjoyed SB and it's clear that OTH hasn't been what it used to be since season four.
Three. Brucas should have been the endgame ....

Season 4 was fucking abysmal. Clean teans, Laguna losers, Elisabeth Harnois .... nuff said.
Edited by Drew, Apr 14 2010, 02:50 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Rhi
Apr 13 2010, 11:54 PM
Drew
Apr 13 2010, 11:32 PM
That show really needs to get off the air already!
This is true.

But she's comitting career suicide staying on that show. Of the three remaining original "teen" cast members (or any of them actually), she's the only one thats been able to translate her OTH success into outside success (that didnt involve a prison sentence). She needs to get her ass out there while she's still hot and can nab those roles that will get herself a bigger name.
Edited by Drew, Apr 14 2010, 02:56 AM.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Drew
Apr 14 2010, 02:47 AM
Mateo
Apr 14 2010, 01:01 AM
Three. Brucas should have been the endgame ....

Season 4 was fucking abysmal. Clean teans, Laguna losers, Elisabeth Harnois .... nuff said.
I'll give you that. :P There were some bright spots, but as a whole S4 was the 'beginning of the end.'

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

This year was definitely my final straw when it came to the show. Last year was repugnant as was season 5, and the moment this season started out with ANOTHER Nathan cheating on Haley story I was out.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

^^Yeah, this season has by far been the worst. Perhaps I like to torture myself, or it's just out of habit, but I've still been watching though. LOL. Such a shame they didn't/prlly won't be able to go out on a high note.

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

Who went to prison? lol, I must have been out of the loop there.

Happy for SB though, Tree Hill hasn't been the same since they broke up Leyton for Lusty, and then when they finally get Leyton married with a kid, they leave. Stopped watching after that.

lene
Member Avatar

Mark S. is an IDIOT!!! He should have ended the show when ALL The main characters was there. If s7 is the last, and it ends with Clay, Quinn, and all the newbies, but not with Lucas/Peyton there, i'm going to be pissed .

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

lene
Apr 14 2010, 03:38 AM
Mark S. is an IDIOT!!! He should have ended the show when ALL The main characters was there. If s7 is the last, and it ends with Clay, Quinn, and all the newbies, but not with Lucas/Peyton there, i'm going to be pissed .
ITA!

I don't dislike Quinn and Clay from the few minutes I watched of them, but I want the original cast to end the show. And Lucas not being there when Haley's MOM died? That would NEVER happen, she was/is his BEST FRIEND!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Well given what Terry has spoiled about the finale, if this truely is the end the show isnt even getting an ending, let alone going out on a high note.

And it was Antwon Tanner (Skills) that went to prison, identity theft.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply