Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD/SOW: Hope turns to pills!; April 27th issues; article summaries
Topic Started: Apr 14 2010, 11:19 AM (5,788 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features a short interview with Kristian Alfonso.

Alfonso explains that Hope has been having trouble sleeping, because of what's happening with work, with Ciara and with her marriage. However, the sleeping pills are "having an adverse affect on her. All of her angst, anger and disappointment comes out."

Hope leaves the Kiriakis mansion, and she's surprised to see that Ciara is waiting for her at home. Ciara tells Hope that she had a nightmare and she misses her daddy. Hope tells Ciara that "maybe someday Justin can be your new daddy," but as Alfonso says, "... there's a whole diffferent demeanor, tone and stature to Hope during this. It's not Hope as we know her; it's an alter ego almost." The next morning, Hope doesn't even remember what she said to Ciara the night before.

Then, Ciara is sent home from school because she's caught stealing. SOD relates that Hope again takes a pill, but then she goes to a poker game, and she sees Dr. Baker there. Alfonso concludes, "She thinks she has it under control, but there's that bubble above her head, 'Hello Hope. It's not fine.'"

[Thanks to our members LovingDays and angmc for the article!]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOW:Hope's Secret Life

Overwhelmed with the mugging case at work, her crumbling marriage to Bo, and Ciara’s outburst, Hope starts acting strangely.

Because of the stress of everything, Hope can’t sleep and has been having terrible headaches. She gets a prescription from her doctor to help her sleep.

Hope goes home, tucks Ciara in, and goes to bed. But, later, Ciara sees Hope coming in from outside. Ciara is shocked to see that her mom is not in the house, and when Hope comes in she is shocked to see Ciara up. Kristian says, “When Hope wakes up after taking this sleeping aid, she has no recollection of what has taken place.”

Or, what she may have said. “Ciara mentioned something about missing home and her daddy. That spurred a thought in ‘Nighttime Hope’, that maybe they could solve both problems and Justin could be her new daddy.”

When Ciara tells her what she said, “Hope is mortified”, insists Kristian. “She’s like, ‘I would never say that. You have a daddy who loves and adores you. No one else could ever be your daddy.’ Hope is completely confused and concerned for her daughter.”

The personal and professional pressures on Hope continue when she finds out that Abe has been mugged and she overhears Carly on the phone telling Bo she loves him. And, last but not least, Hope gets a call from Ciara’s teacher, telling her that Ciara stole something at school.

“Bo is out of town helping his sister, “ says Kristian. “So everything is on Hope’s back. She has to handle it all herself. The pressures keep mounting. The stress is becoming intolerable. It’s why she can’t sleep. Her mind keeps racing at night.”

Hope confronts Ciara about what she did at school. “It’s heartbreaking, because Hope realizes her daughter is hurting so badly that she’s acting out,” notes Kristian. “What does she do? She doesn’t want to be too hard on Ciara, but she wants her to understand it’s not okay to steal.”

After being scolded, Ciara sneaks into Hope’s room and finds a box hidden underneath her bed, and realizes Hope has a secret. Meanwhile, Hope confides in Justin about her problems with Ciara, before heading upstairs and taking another sleeping pill.

However, before long, Hope is up and acting strangely again. She starts getting ready to go out and grabs her gun. Just then Justin is approaching her bedroom. He wants to make sure she is okay. She tells him she appreciates it, but she is fine and is drifting off to sleep.

After Justin leaves, Hope sneaks out of the house. The next time viewers see her, she’s sitting at a table playing poker and making a man an offer he can’t refuse!

“Hope is in unfamiliar surroundings, in a situation you would never find her in,” says Kristian . “Hope has no idea what’s happening to her and how much her life has spun out of control. And it’s going to continue to spin”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i get now why it's important for bo to be out of town during this storyline, but i wish someone else around would notice what was going on with hope, or that some family member would get involved when it comes to ciara and her problems. i was wondering if they were going to drop her psychological issues after the carly/suitcase debacle, but it appears they aren't.

thanks for posting!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

As long as this isn't a demonic possession (because nothing can top MarDevil) this sounds like it could be very fun.

Justin as a new daddy for Ciara? Oh, bad Hope!

Was not expecting Dr. Baker to get mixed up with Hope this time around either. Hmmm.

Sariah
Member Avatar

So, Ambien's to blame for her knocking people out?

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Is she going to run around singing "I'm so excited!" then end with " I'm so scared!"?

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Apr 14 2010, 11:38 AM
Is she going to run around singing "I'm so excited!" then end with " I'm so scared!"?
This would make my life.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Aliaron
Fucking hilarious! :lol:
Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Poor Nick Hope. Makes one want to avoid taking pills of any kind, doesn't it?

Thanks for posting!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

So did someone switch her Ambien with hallucination medication?

Cupcake06

Aliaron
:wub:

Kali
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2010, 11:43 AM
People can do all sorts of weird things on some sleep medications like Ambien. I know someone who "woke up" standing naked on a highway a few miles from her home. Some people react very oddly to it.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Amello
Apr 14 2010, 11:41 AM
Aliaron
Fucking hilarious! :lol:
There's no Hope, with DOPE! LMAO!

Seriously, this sounds fun! I'm glad that KA is getting to act out of character ala P.Gina! The was the only time I really cheered for her!

Sounds good!, thanks for posting!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Kali
Apr 14 2010, 11:46 AM
LuvingLumi
People can do all sorts of weird things on some sleep medications like Ambien. I know someone who "woke up" standing naked on a highway a few miles from her home. Some people react very oddly to it.
That just made me laugh. I know it was a real life experience and all...but I can imagine that person waking up and saying, Holy SHIT!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kali
LuvingLumi
I've heard that too. I had a relative in a nursing home who was on some sort of sleep medication (don't think it was Ambien) and she would go into fits and be very aggressive. She almost attacked a nurse once. That junk can make some people crazy.

I still get the feeling the pills are a means to an end. The word "persona" in this interview to me is telling. I could be wrong but I think this will lead to a split personality arc and that the pills will be just the start.

Sounds good though.

Kali
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2010, 11:49 AM
Kali
LuvingLumi
That just made me laugh. I know it was a real life experience and all...but I can imagine that person waking up and saying, Holy SHIT!
I know! Can you imagine?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

PhoenixRising05
Apr 14 2010, 11:51 AM
Kali
LuvingLumi
I've heard that too. I had a relative in a nursing home who was on some sort of sleep medication (don't think it was Ambien) and she would go into fits and be very aggressive. She almost attacked a nurse once. That junk can make some people crazy.

I still get the feeling the pills are a means to an end. The word "persona" in this interview to me is telling. I could be wrong but I think this will lead to a split personality arc and that the pills will be just the start.

Sounds good though.
Princess Gina anyone? Ya think? Nahhh.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2010, 11:52 AM
PhoenixRising05
Kali

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Sounds good though.
I don't think Gina but I do think that whole situation, along with the pills, make Hope more susceptible to it. Hell, maybe one of her personalities can be called "Gina." It's something traumatic she went through so it could work.

I just don't think the pills are the whole story. Just the start of it but we'll see.

rosecarrington

LuvingLumi
Apr 14 2010, 11:52 AM
PhoenixRising05
Kali

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Sounds good though.
oh good ,maybe she'll bury Bo and carly together.. ;)

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Apr 14 2010, 11:55 AM
I don't think Gina but I do think that whole situation, along with the pills, make Hope more susceptible to it. Hell, maybe one of her personalities can be called "Gina." It's something traumatic she went through so it could work.
I don't think it's Gina, but I have to say I hope KA's performance isn't as 'campy' this time. Sometimes that sort of thing is called for, but I think she has to be more subtle and thought-out here.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

This sounds interesting. I'm sure that KA will be great with this.

I'm anxious to see if Justin will be there to help her through this. I hope he's there for her.

Happy that KA will be getting a story of her own. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply