Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Insider Blog:Peter Reckell interview
Topic Started: Apr 14 2010, 09:26 PM (1,222 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

A Morning with Peter Reckell
April 14, 2010 3:24 PM

I visited the Days of our Lives set recently and sat down with Peter Reckell, who was nice enough to grant me an interview in between shooting scenes. First off, it's always a trip for me to interview actors I remember watching when I was growing up. I can say this, Peter hasn't aged a day since then. He still has the piercing eyes and the 100-watt smile and on top of that, he's charming and talkative. These are the things that make my job so easy when interviewing an actor. Did I mention how Peter's just as good-looking in person as he is on the show? Well, you get the point. Hope you enjoy his answers.

Days Insider: How has it been working with Crystal Chappell again?
Peter: The storyline, itself, started out really cool. Bo and Hope have had some troubles and it just happens that Carly comes into the picture, during all of this turmoil. Carly was kind of like the port in a storm and I think that's why things hit off so quickly between the two of them. I mean Carly and Bo have had an intimate relationship that goes beyond friendship. It's just been so comfortable to work with Crystal during this storyline from the very beginning.

Days Insider: The message boards are very passionate when it comes to being pro-Bo and Hope and pro-Bo and Carly. What do you think the appeal of both of these relationships is to fans?
Peter: The interesting thing is that the two relationships are very different. Bo and Hope go way back. Bo came from the wrong side of the tracks and he fell in love with the good girl, Hope, who he called his "princess." They shared a multi-layered relationship and share a love for family, friends, and their town. The relationship between Carly and Bo first happened during a pretty tumultuous time for Bo. Their relationship is different because they are very similar types of people. It's nice as an actor to have these two different relationships to participate in and it's nice as a man to have two beautiful women competing for your attention. What can I say? Life doesn't suck when I come to work. (flashing grin)

Days Insider: Would you like to talk a little about the Alice Horton tribute you're currently shooting here for Days of our Lives?
Peter: Obviously, it's been very hard. There are no words to express how much I miss Frances Reid. Not only personally, but the show misses her, too. I just attended a cast memorial for her here and it was hard to get through. Even to talk about it, it's hard. We aren't just saying goodbye to her in storyline, but the episodes will be dedicated to her, as well. I'm very proud of the show to be giving her what she deserves. She's made a huge difference in my life, as a person and as an actor. The integrity, the humor, the honesty, the ways she lived her life. When I joined the cast, it was easy to see that she and I were so similar the way we worked. Except maybe she dealt with things with a little more humor and after all these years, I am learning to do the same.

Days Insider: Can you give us any hints on what to expect in Bo Brady's future?
Peter: I'm not really sure, to tell you the truth. There are so many options for Bo right now, dealing with two relationships. I have no idea. I pick up each script with excitement to see what's coming up next for my character.

Days Insider: With Earth Week fast approaching beginning April 19th, I know you are very involved with green living. Do you have a message you would like to get across to readers?
Peter: I heard a statement the other day, recycling is amazing, but for the amount we throw into the garbage, it takes seven garbage cans to make the stuff we are throwing away. Consume less. Recycling has been in our vocabulary for decades, but now what is more important is to use less stuff. We all have too much stuff. This is something my wife and I are working on, especially for our daughter's future.

There you have it, fans! I hope you enjoyed my interview with Peter. He's been doing one heck of a job on the show and I hope you are just like me, when I say I look forward to seeing what the future holds for Mr. Bo Brady.

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/insider/2010/04/a-morning-with-peter-reckell/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AlisonLou

Thanks! It sounds like Bo is still married to Hope and torn between two women! It also sounds like he has been having alot of scenes with both women!
I'm glad he's apart of the Alice tribute!
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 14 2010, 09:36 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the interview. What I found interesting was the question of the direction of Bo? Does he not want to give us a hint, or are they changing things up?

I'm also happy about the mention of the Alice SL and how they'll dedicate the episodes to her!

Kenny
Member Avatar

It's interesting that he said the Carly/Bo/Hope story "started out" really good. Does he think it's complete shit now?

I liked what he said about Frances Reid. I really hope the show gives her a fitting tribute. Even with all these returns, I still have my doubts.

Thanks Angie!

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 14 2010, 09:43 PM
It's interesting that he said the Carly/Bo/Hope story "started out" really good. Does he think it's complete shit now?

I like what he said about Frances Reid. I really hope the show gives her a fitting tribute. Even with all these returns, I still have my doubts.

Thanks Angie!
I thought the same thing. What does he REALLY think about this whole storyline now??

AlisonLou

Sounds like the sl is still a jumbled mess!
He seems happy though!
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 14 2010, 10:02 PM.

fancyface78
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Apr 14 2010, 10:00 PM
Sounds like the sl is still a jumbled mess!
He seems happy though!
Why would he care about the Hope storyline? If anything, he should be more concerned about the impact the Bo/Carly relationship has had on the integrity of the character of Bo.
Edited by fancyface78, Apr 14 2010, 10:04 PM.

Ana75
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. Enjoyed reading that.

LadyM
Member Avatar

thanx for posting, I'm really looking forward to the Alice Tribute!

Ellie

Kenny
Apr 14 2010, 09:43 PM
I caught that too. My guess is, "yes."

Thanks Angie!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Interesting interview. I also read something into the comment about it "starting" off really well and would agree with him that the air kind of came out of the sails at some point.

Also, I thought the princess nickname was Carly's? That they were the Princess and the Sailor. Hope was Fancy Face. And now I feel like a dork caring more about the nicknames than the actor who plays Bo. :lol:

AlisonLou

I caught that too! Peter's not the only one that thinks that. The audience does too! That's why the ratings are going down!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think PR's frustration with the story is with the lack of focus since the end of February and it's hurt because it's made him look bad since he's so isolated from Hope and Ciara (which sort of worked for story because they had Carly blame Hope for that so it builds Hope's story more). The show knew it was writing him out for awhile and knew they needed Bo and Hope isolated for her story so they kind of dropped the Hope/Bo/Carly angle for a bit and now are picking it up again because Bo's gone and it's needed. It seems clear we will see more focus on it once Bo returns but I think Peter feels the story lost focus and mileage and I agree with that. We should've seen Bo visiting Ciara more and interacting with Hope at the station just to keep up appearances for a bit. The story is still good and can pick up momentum. This interview is a good sign though because it seems like they will pick up on alot of things when Bo returns and the stuff he said about the Alice tribute made me feel pretty good.

Good interview. A part of me thinks they did this interview with him to assure people he will be back since there was such an uproar over what only ended up being a three week hiatus LOL.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 14 2010, 11:37 PM.

Taelyn

I also found his very different descriptions of their relationships interesting, laying out the many layers of Bo and Hope and what they love and share together .. and reminding us that Carly first came into his life during a difficult time.. and now once again she arrived during a difficult time.. I think he will realize that what he feels for Carly isnt anywhere near the kind of love he feels for Hope.. Carly is one dimensional, a safe warm crutch with benefits during rough waters. where as > HOPE .. Is his heart and his life.
Edited by Taelyn, Apr 15 2010, 01:45 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply