Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SID: May Sweeps Preview
Topic Started: Apr 15 2010, 08:59 PM (6,175 Views)
DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

DOOLFan85
Apr 16 2010, 08:39 AM
Nooo, I don't want a rushed reunion with Bo and Hope! This is not saying I care for Bo and Carly being together, but I want Hope to have storyline FOR ONCE where Bo isn't saving her life SO FAST. I want to see how she stands out on her own and have the Hortons get her through her upcoming drug problem. I want to enjoy the storyline before Bo comes in with his white knight behavior.
I'm not sure that the spoiler means anything along those lines necessarily, but generally I'm with you on that.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

This is May sweeps? Days is in trouble if this is all they have.....Isn't the Alice memorial/funeral stuff starting in June? they couldn't even whip that up in time for May sweeps?

lysie
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Apr 16 2010, 10:22 AM
Harmony233
Apr 16 2010, 09:26 AM
Blazin_Blue
Apr 16 2010, 12:23 AM
They definitely need to SORAS Ciara for this. Lauren is really cute, but the girl cannot act. Or even if they don't age her, she still needs to be replaced.

Nikki was a few years older than Ciara is and much more believable.
seriesously nothing aganist the actress that plays ciarria shes adorable but shes a terrible actress,Sometimes it looks like she doesn't even know her lines.Nikki was more believable because he was an Alamain and raised by vivian.They really should have sorased her for this
ITA. The actress that plays Ciara is beautiful and adorable and as long as she just sits silently and smiles, she's fine, but she can't act. If they are going to use her to move this story, she needs SORASed. I actually kind of like the idea of Bope's child as a hellraiser, but she needs to be older than six for that.
I think she does fine with her actual lines. It seems to me like once she gets her words out, she's done. Her reactions leave something to be desired, but since that's also an issue with many of the adult on the show, I'm willing to give the six year old a pass for being adorable. She seems to do better when she has more lines (right before and towards the end of the kidnapping story), so I think maybe the rest of the time she's not really sure what's going on.
Edited by lysie, Apr 16 2010, 11:54 AM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

How original. Think I'll skip it. I'll be watching in June, though.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Apr 16 2010, 09:18 AM
I'm also not looking forward to Ciara and her "bad seed" turn. And YES, kids this age can do those things, but it just doesnt sit well with me.
But she's a Child of the Corn....I think it's a given that her evilness would one day begin to sprout.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I agree with the sentiment that while the little girl who plays Ciara is an adorable and gorgeous child, she's simply not a very good actress and I have my doubts about her ability to carry off a major part in any story. However, that was the only interesting/new information in the whole preview.

EJ/Sami/Rafe: I hope I don't fall asleep at the same time I'm puking, since I'd hate to choke on my own vomit.

I'm really hoping the Alice stuff is good and well-written, but I suppose even if it's not the high point will be seeing some of the familiar faces (well, not FakeMike, or Carrie).

aimees76
Member Avatar

Paxton
Apr 16 2010, 12:53 PM

EJ/Sami/Rafe: I hope I don't fall asleep at the same time I'm puking, since I'd hate to choke on my own vomit.

LMAO. That's why I don't watch ;)
Self-preservation.

Criss33
Member Avatar

What is up with Hope?? She is starting to act like princess Gina especially today's show Fri (cdn). Her hair and her red lipstick!!!

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

I LOOOOOVE me some EJami! Some others are interesting here and there.

TINA222
Member Avatar

Yawn none of this sounds interesting or watchable.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

TINA222
Apr 16 2010, 05:59 PM
Yawn none of this sounds interesting or watchable.
Apart from Bo's return, ITA.

daisy132

And we're wondering why the ratings keep dropping. We're watching Passions II ladies (and gentlemen?), so nowhere to go but downhill from here. There are no interesting storylines anymore, and this is coming from an Ejami fan who is watching the buildup of my couple. I'm enjoying while it lasts, because why invest in it since I know they will just keep rotating couples? :shrug:

There are no storylines on this show that make any sense, really. Nothing stable, nothing with clear direction. At least we have Dr. Baker coming back! He's what I'm looking forward to the most.

Deleted User
Deleted User

these actually aren't previews AT ALL. I am not excited for May and I really don't think anything is gonna change, I am pissed with soaps lately.
Quote Post Goto Top

Olgs1988

Okay, so I'm hoping there is going to be a change in the venue where everyone thinks they are happy with their partner but aren't. I pray to the writers that they finally start realizing that the ratings actually tie in with super couples and how they overcome each challenge TOGETHER instead of playing musical partners. Have some heart people. Melanie and Phillip make a great team and I really believe if they want the ratings up, EJ and Sami will actually build a super couple relationship status instead of this "who can better up one another" relationship. They sure do have a connection and I believe they can save the soap.

AlisonLou

Olgs1988
Apr 18 2010, 03:09 AM
Okay, so I'm hoping there is going to be a change in the venue where everyone thinks they are happy with their partner but aren't. I pray to the writers that they finally start realizing that the ratings actually tie in with super couples and how they overcome each challenge TOGETHER instead of playing musical partners. Have some heart people. Melanie and Phillip make a great team and I really believe if they want the ratings up, EJ and Sami will actually build a super couple relationship status instead of this "who can better up one another" relationship. They sure do have a connection and I believe they can save the soap.
Excellent post! That's what should be happening with Bo and Hope. They should be together and not apart! This whole Bo and Hope mess with Carly and Justin has been one hot mess! They should have had Bo and Hope together when Carly came back not apart. It would have been a better story and triangle. Now we have Hope going nuts, Carly edging towards Dan and Bo acting weird! As for the Hope story we'll the writers could have come up with something better then pill popping!
Ciara seems to be the only rooting character in this whole Bo/Hope/Carly triangle!

AlisonLou

Sarah
Apr 15 2010, 08:59 PM
This month on Days of Our Lives, romance gets a rebirth as a beloved Salem figure gets closer to death.

Rafe Or EJ?

Sami finds herself drawn to EJ, even as she misses her closeness with Rafe. For his part, the FBI agent still harbors powerful feelings for the blond -- will he unravel the mystery behind Sydney's kidnapping, thereby clearing a path for a reunion? Or will the British schemer win his lady love's heart?

Bo Returns

Bo returns from Los Angeles and shares a romantic reunion with Carly! But unbeknownst to the lovebirds, a possessive and jealous heart poses a serious threat to their happiness. Little Ciara is not happy that her parents have moved on and is hell-bent on seeing them get back together... but how far will Hope's little girl go to reunite Bo with his Fancy Face?

Stefano's Secret

It appears Chad isn't the only Salem resident Madeline's acquainted with. Both Stefano and Kate have a past with the judge... but what does that mean for their future?

In other news, Chad informs Gabi and Mia that he intends to leave Salem to attend college this fall. With time running out, how will the girls react to the object of their affection's news?

Meanwhile, Salem is hit hard when word spreads that Alice's health has taken a turn for the worse. Many old faces will return to say farewell to the beloved matriarch.

From ABC Soaps In Depth

Source
The Bo stuff sounds more like the end of May and summer stuff.
These sweeps mention nothing about the Hope sl.
That's kinda strange.
The possessive and jealous heart definately sounds like Hope. It could be Nightime Hope.
I hope Ciara succeeds in her plans.
Justin and Carly aren't going to know what's hit them!

CynthiaHaskins1

Hi!,I just wanted to say that getting bo and hope back together and them having scenes together are surely not going to help the rating and also it start with having a good headwriter and writers that will write good storyline the will make viewers start watch the show again and so bo and hope are surely not going bring up the rating.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

AlisonLou
Apr 26 2010, 08:34 PM
Justin and Carly aren't going to know what's hit them!
Literally?

:lol:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

AlisonLou
Apr 18 2010, 05:25 AM
Olgs1988
Apr 18 2010, 03:09 AM
Excellent post! That's what should be happening with Bo and Hope. They should be together and not apart! This whole Bo and Hope mess with Carly and Justin has been one hot mess! They should have had Bo and Hope together when Carly came back not apart. It would have been a better story and triangle. Now we have Hope going nuts, Carly edging towards Dan and Bo acting weird! As for the Hope story we'll the writers could have come up with something better then pill popping!
Ciara seems to be the only rooting character in this whole Bo/Hope/Carly triangle!
We've already exhausted the "Bo's ex is back in time & there's tension in Bope's marriage" SL... this works much better!
let's break this down, shall we?
1. Hope going nuts - means that Bo's gonna notice that something's off & turn his attention towards her... now what's wrong with that???
2. Carly's edging towards Daniel - well then, go Darly! That definitely can't be a bad thing for Bope!
3. Bo's acting weird - well, it's somewhat over-exaggerated, maybe, but it's still Bo being Bo... he does this whole "shut-down" thing when he's hurting & it's especially bad on those he loves most... plus, he tends to find something to occupy his time with so he doesn't have to think about his problem... but if we go back to #1, then things are gonna change
last comment - who says that the pill popping is just pill popping?! i have a suspicion that it's much more than that!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply