Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for wk of April 19th (YouTube clip added); How far will Phillip go to get even after catching Melanie and Nathan in a kiss?
Topic Started: Apr 16 2010, 04:16 PM (1,799 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-41910/1219491/

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

TFP.

Damn there sure is a lot of drama going on at Maggie's house right under her nose without her knowing anything about it. I mean this week we had the huge blowout between Stephanie and Melanie there without Maggie interfering that I can recall and now this with Mel and Nathan? Is she working at Chez Rouge when all this shit is going down? Given what a busybody she's been written as in the last couple years it just seems odd to me that she wouldn't get to know about any of this shit.

Also, I sure hope Chloe and Phillip get to move to a bed after the scene in this clip and don't just fuck on Chloe's couch.

Criss33
Member Avatar

Is Maggie still renting rooms?? Rafe should move in ( speaking of busy bodies)with all that is going on it will keep him busy for along time trying to figure out who is sleeping with who (great with his FBI background)! They should try Rafe with Stephanie, cause as usually Stephanie is the third wheel in all her relationships!
Edited by Criss33, Apr 16 2010, 07:24 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I don't really like how it didn't show Chloe's side of the story. From that promo, we have no idea why Chloe would just start going at it with Philip like that. She's supposedly so in love with Daniel and yadda yadda yadda. That's sloppy if you ask me and it really hurts the promo.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

:wub: Phloe! :cheer:

Quote:

I don't really like how it didn't show Chloe's side of the story. From that promo, we have no idea why Chloe would just start going at it with Philip like that. She's supposedly so in love with Daniel and yadda yadda yadda. That's sloppy if you ask me and it really hurts the promo.

Well, you can't have any side but Melanie's side. It can only be about Philip's reaction to Melanie because she's apparently the star of this show and only her story matters.

And I noticed in that promo that Melanie was most definitely kissing Nathan back (that's her hand on the back of his head) so MB's further crap of it's just a good-bye kiss and Melanie has no feelings for Nathan and loves only Philip is a big old pack of lies.

Philip's justified, as far as I'm concerned.
Edited by Sariah, Apr 17 2010, 08:52 AM.

MelOz
Member Avatar

Sariah
Apr 17 2010, 08:49 AM
:wub: Phloe! :cheer:

Quote:

Well, you can't have any side but Melanie's side. It can only be about Philip's reaction to Melanie because she's apparently the star of this show and only her story matters.

And I noticed in that promo that Melanie was most definitely kissing Nathan back (that's her hand on the back of his head) so MB's further crap of it's just a good-bye kiss and Melanie has no feelings for Nathan and loves only Philip is a big old pack of lies.

Philip's justified, as far as I'm concerned.
LOL so true about it always being about melanies story, feelings, her side.

I'm just happy to see phloe in a promo - period :)

Maybe they could have shown Vivian lies that lead chloe to her assumption about an affair with darly.

But really...what reason does chloe need...the mans HOt and she knows from past experience :p

Bring on the phloe!

83leesy1
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 16 2010, 08:59 PM
I totally agree with your post. That's exactly what I said when I first saw that preview. For people (especially those that are spoiler free), Chloe has absolutely no reason to be kissing Philip. We can at least understand why the rest of them are doing what they are doing.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Apr 16 2010, 08:59 PM
I agree and this is why I say either do 30 second promos AT LEAST or none at all. There was always hit or miss promos but at least at 30 seconds they usually gave you enough to know the story. I used to argue with Judie on Twitter all the time about this. It's a waste. I've noticed the promos actually air a bit more in primetime now so to produce a promo like this is slighting the show and the storyline.

I think they would be better off doing monthly promos if NBC is being that stringent or just do what they used to do from 2001-2002, which is during Days each day you promote Red Letter Days that are coming up. For instance, I remember in 2002 they aired on a Monday how that coming Friday was going to feature Jack and Sami out on a date and making Jennifer and Brandon jealous. They should go back to that form of promotion where a short 15 second or show promo can be effective.

yashlier4ejami
Member Avatar

Wow Chloe is not helping her case out at all next thing you know she will be hooking up with Victor and Justin lol
Ok so we all know how this is going to play out
this is the begining of the Bope reconcile

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Finally Melanie gives in. This looks so good. I need to totally catch up on the last 10 episodes to enjoy the upcoming week.

Sindacco

Speaking of old promos, TaintedBeach has uploaded many from 2000-2001.
Edited by Sindacco, Apr 18 2010, 04:22 AM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Sindacco
Apr 18 2010, 04:22 AM
I loved "Tropical Temptation" and its so refreshing to see promos longer than 13 seconds.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Apr 18 2010, 04:22 AM
I'm watching them now.

Remember this insanity?

Deleted User
Deleted User

I voted for Stefano!
Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

And in the end, it didn't even matter, LoL. (Thankfully)

cassie1013

That promo is a tad overdramatic, lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply