Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 4/19 - 4/23
Topic Started: Apr 16 2010, 08:55 PM (12,327 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Weekly Discussion
Week of April 19th

Posted Image

Sorry, I couldn't pick just one classic clip o' the week this time!

Hope crashes her car and then Gina crashes her brain!

Hope is the victim of a cruel Ernesto Toscano magic trick.

Billie spies a Hope look-alike at Maison Blanche. (links to another window)

DISCUSS!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

I found Monday's epi already posted online in case anyone wants a sneak peak:

lene
Member Avatar

Finally, Hope gets interesting again.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

LOVED the Justin/Adrienne scenes. I've been looking for a reason as to why they divorce-- who cheated or whatever. But the reality of that storyline is that there is no bad person in that. No one cheated, they really drifted apart. Wonderful use of history in terms of the rape. (Although I really thought she was pretty independent when they divorced the first time and she started her own business and was doing well but whatever). I really liked the one line-- I thought it was telling-- that she wasn't there for him when he needed her like he was for her after the rape. I think that once all is said and done about Hope and her mess, a mess you know Justin will be a part of, that Adrienne will be there for Justin and they will rebuild some type of relationship. Should be an interesting storyline with Justin and Adrienne. They just shine. Two really good actors showing their stuff!! LOVE IT!!

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

Thanks for posting MissAremid! Everyone's got me a bit interested! I LOVED the Sami/Stefano scenes. Stefano must be dying inside.
Edited by Kiren, Apr 17 2010, 04:55 PM.

Kiren
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Apr 17 2010, 04:40 PM
LOVED the Justin/Adrienne scenes. I've been looking for a reason as to why they divorce-- who cheated or whatever. But the reality of that storyline is that there is no bad person in that. No one cheated, they really drifted apart. Wonderful use of history in terms of the rape. (Although I really thought she was pretty independent when they divorced the first time and she started her own business and was doing well but whatever). I really liked the one line-- I thought it was telling-- that she wasn't there for him when he needed her like he was for her after the rape. I think that once all is said and done about Hope and her mess, a mess you know Justin will be a part of, that Adrienne will be there for Justin and they will rebuild some type of relationship. Should be an interesting storyline with Justin and Adrienne. They just shine. Two really good actors showing their stuff!! LOVE IT!!
I did not think I'd be legitimately interested in Justin/Adrienne, but I'm loving them right now.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hope this Hope story means Tomlin is going back to writing crazy shit like he did at OLTL. That style is perfect for "this" Days.
Quote Post Goto Top

uclan
Member Avatar

TFP. Really interested in the Hope story. Stefano was great in all his scenes. Looks like he's back in charge and in spite of EJ's love for Sami, he really has EJ by his cajones.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Something about Ali's posturing and delivery while confronting Stefano really bugged, especially around the third clip 5:00 mark, blegh. Really wasn't feeling it. Also, Melanie/Nathan so-close-yet-so-far angst is sooooooo lame, as is the idea of Stephanie and Phillip giving a shit about it.

But I enjoyed Hope and Abe, Justin and Adrienne, and Lexie's hair quite a bit. TFP!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

billyjill
Apr 17 2010, 07:20 PM
Something about Ali's posturing and delivery while confronting Stefano really bugged, especially around the third clip 5:00 mark, blegh. Really wasn't feeling it. Also, Melanie/Nathan so-close-yet-so-far angst is sooooooo lame, as is the idea of Stephanie and Phillip giving a shit about it.

But I enjoyed Hope and Abe, Justin and Adrienne, and Lexie's hair quite a bit. TFP!
Posturing is an excellent word.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

I'm kinda squicked out by Nathan using that patient death as an excuse to mack on Melanie. Because when he went 180 from being upset about the patient dying to making some declaration right before the others walked in, that's kind of what it looked like to me.

LOL at Hope apparently needing anger management. I'm really intrigued by all of this storyline and happy to see Abe involved. And we get Lexie on the same day too but they aren't together. YAY! And I really think I'm going to enjoy this Hope/Justin/Adrienne triangle.

:wub: :wub: Hope swearing in front of Ciara :wub: :wub: :cheer: :cheer: Hope evil smile talk with Ciara :cheer: :cheer:

Rafe is so laughable with his morality pride over his family never having ordered a hit on anyone. Listen Rafe, your jailbird sister was a drug dealer and we still don't know why the hell your ex-wife was killed on your wedding day in such a tragic/suspicious way that her sister went after you and tried to kill you so... I guess... enjoy your status as being less evil and immoral than the diabolicaliest clan in soaps. Ugh. Agent Smug is so obnoxious. I can halfway stomach that smug self-righteousness when it comes out of a Brady or a Horton but some nobody Hernandez? Bitch, please. I was freaking cheering when it was revealed Stefano set up that trick with the fake Anna to fool Rafe. The only let down was GG didn't give enough emotion in his disappointment about not catching Anna and running out of the police station (to where besides away from Sami??? did he not want her to see him cry??? Wouldn't he want to stay at the PD/FBI office and keep investigating???) after his out of nowhere epiphany that it was an intentional diversion. GG can sure play smug and cocky and in-charge all right, but he doesn't seem to know how to function when the part calls for sorrow/disappointment/embarrassment or any sort of loss. Maybe he's not confident enough as an actor to show those sorts of vulnerabilities? I don't know.

:wub: Stefano-vs.-Sami :wub: Sami was a total spoiled brat bitch with Stefano, but why should their relationship be anything else? And I especially loved the zinger: It's hard for me to believe you're Marlena's child. LOL!!! Good one, Phoenix! It did get a bit tedious when she started ranting and raving about the stuffed animal though, I admit. How have Stefano and Kate living together not just put a hit out on Sami already? That brownies line was good. :lol: Hell all of Stefano and Kate's comments about how they don't get why men are attracted to Sami and it's like a whistle only dogs can hear and how worst of all it seems all the men spawn with her were all hilarious and seemingly ripped from the boards with all the gripes people have about her.

eta: POOR ABE. And he had to be attacked right by the Tony DiMera memorial stairs of doom, too. :shame: You know that really should have been the weekly cliffhanger. It was way more powerful than the stupid one we got in the US for Friday's show.
Edited by IMissAremid, Apr 17 2010, 09:17 PM.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I loved the Adrienne/Justin/Hope stuff. And the Justin/Adrienne scenes at the Cheatin' Heart. That was very bittersweet. I like that there no bad guys in that. Wally and Judi were wonderful in those scenes. you can still feel that there is some deep feelings between J&A. but I think for now they need to move on- hopefully for me means Justin and Hope. :)

The Hope scene at the end with Ciara were very creepy lol. KA were awesome in that scene. And I loved that Ciara was missing Uncle Justin. :) I'm really interest to see how this Hope story plays out. It should be interesting.

The rest of show just bored the crap out me.

Give me more Adrienne/Justin/Hope/Ciara and I would be happy.

DOOLFan85

KUDOS KRISTIAN! You was so good on day one. The changes in day and night Hope was spot on. Hope creeped me the out by the end of the show.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Yes, Kate, start on the brownies, but throw in some of your special deviled eggs and apples too, just to be on the safe side; I don't want Sami walking away from this thing. ROFL at their high five.

Justin and Adrienne are so good. I only watched part of clip #3 but just the bit I saw of them was enough to draw me in. They're the only couple I actually believe at the moment.

Kiren
Member Avatar

billyjill
Apr 17 2010, 07:20 PM

I knew I couldn't have been the only one who noticed the difference in Sami. I just can't explain what it was and whether I liked it or not.

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Apr 16 2010, 08:55 PM

Billie spies a Hope look-alike at Maison Blanche. (links to another window)
Maison Blanche was such an exciting storyline. They just don't write 'em like that anymore...

Kenny
Member Avatar

So last night on Twitter, Mark Hapka tweeted that he's gay. I'm not sure if he was kidding or not, but if he was, Casey Deidrick went along with it. And just now, Nadia Bjorlin tweeted something about Mark having a boyfriend.

Hmm...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

lysie
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 18 2010, 11:25 PM
So last night on Twitter, Mark Hapka tweeted that he's gay. I'm not sure if he was kidding or not, but if he was, Casey Deidrick went along with it. And just now, Nadia Bjorlin tweeted something about Mark having a boyfriend.

Hmm...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Whether he is or not, those pictures don't get old.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Mark's Buffalo Bills shirt, although adorable, makes me less likely to think he's gay, even if that is a prejudice on my part.

Anyway this was in Casey Deidrick's twitter last night:

# I think...RT @lilrascal5: @ScuseCaseyd is Mark Hapka gay? 8:51 PM Apr 17th via Echofon

Where was the twat from Molly?

Oh and just kind of random but LOL at JKJ getting busted...

http://twitpic.com/1ggdcq

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Apr 18 2010, 11:35 PM
Mark's Buffalo Bills shirt, although adorable, makes me less likely to think he's gay, even if that is a prejudice on my part.
The fact that he wears sports jerseys might make him seem straight, but the gayness of his hair in this picture tells a different story altogether.

http://twitpic.com/1f4tn1

ETA: Nevermind. The Days hairstylists are responsible for that...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply