Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 4/19 - 4/23
Topic Started: Apr 16 2010, 08:55 PM (12,455 Views)
Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 23 2010, 05:28 PM
I would love it if the writers would just take Sami out of this triangle and let her focus on something else for once. Toss all her romantic prospects out the window and let her re-discover herself. Give her a rest. Let her focus on finding a job and building a career for herself. Give her a new rival. Give her a reason to unleash her inner bitch once again.
That's what I had hoped would have happened for Sami and EJ when she entered witness protection. I was looking forward to them growing as characters apart. However, I don't know if viewers would want to see the characters essentially doing nothing, meaning no reveal, no major story arc. I would have loved it, as a Seinfeld fan--a show about nothing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Poor Rafe had a Sami sex nightmare.

Hope looks stupid waving that gun around. Her and Baker have chemistry. They better step on it.

Good lord, Sami really is looking like a dishevled mom. I couldn't believe her throwing on that red sweater.

Phloe sex. I had to watch the show in two parts because my son was with me and they were definitely racey. Not bad. The least Chloe could have done was taken a whore's bath before she ran to the hospital. Was that a sweat stain on Phillip's shirt? Surprised they did that. Melanie confessing "now I am free to completely love you" is stupid but I do admit Pheloney got to me just a tad. I hope tomorrow Melanie finds a strand of Chloe's hair on Phillilp and asks "what's this?!", she's gotta know somethings up...he's has her stink all over him.

Will has

Kenny
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Apr 23 2010, 08:02 PM
That's what I had hoped would have happened for Sami and EJ when she entered witness protection. I was looking forward to them growing as characters apart. However, I don't know if viewers would want to see the characters essentially doing nothing, meaning no reveal, no major story arc. I would have loved it, as a Seinfeld fan--a show about nothing.
Well, personally, I find this snoozy ass triangle ten times more boring than characters sitting around "doing nothing," but who says Sami would be doing nothing? There are plenty of interesting things she could do without constantly running back and forth from man to man.

And honestly, even if Sami DID sit around doing nothing, I would welcome that as well. She NEEDS a little time on the backburner. Give us a chance to miss her, and then after the character has rested for a while, bring her back and re-establish her as the bitch she was always intended to be. I want to be re-introduced to the real Sami Brady.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 23 2010, 08:12 PM
Halloween Family
Apr 23 2010, 08:02 PM
Well, personally, I find this snoozy ass triangle ten times more boring than characters sitting around "doing nothing," but who says Sami would be doing nothing? There are plenty of interesting things she could do without constantly running back and forth from man to man.

And honestly, even if Sami DID sit around doing nothing, I would welcome that as well. She NEEDS a little time on the backburner. Give is a chance to miss her, and then after the character has rested for a while, bring her back and re-establish her as the bitch she was always intended to be. I want to be re-introduced to the real Sami Brady.
Agree and sounds good.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I so want Melanie to just STFU. :soapbox: Oh, NOW you can love Philip? NOW you can be honest? NOW you're going to deign to love him best? Hate this character.

Phloe sex = smoking hot. :wub: So nice to see Philip with a grown-up again. And even if it was just a one night stand (for now), at least you can tell that they really do care about each other and there are some feelings there and they do have a history.

I can only hope that the hot Phloe lovin' will mean an end to Danloe and Phelanie. So that we can have more hot Phloe lovin'. :cheer:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

AS just tweeted that someone from the wardrobe department is leaving the show. Dare we hope it was the person who sucked?

Alligato
Member Avatar

LMAO, Lysie! I almost twatted to her that I hope they get someone better because wardrobe sucks ass! Good thing I have my filter on tonight.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Hope she takes the days wardrobe with her.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Hope she takes the days hair stylist with her.

I wish I could get into Chloe, I really really do, because it's clear I'm going to have to put up with a lot of her.

lysie
Member Avatar

Alligato
Apr 23 2010, 10:22 PM
LMAO, Lysie! I almost twatted to her that I hope they get someone better because wardrobe sucks ass! Good thing I have my filter on tonight.
Lose the filter. I'm begging you. DO IT!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

lysie
Apr 23 2010, 10:18 PM
AS just tweeted that someone from the wardrobe department is leaving the show. Dare we hope it was the person who sucked?
Hopefully it's the person that has a Passion for Purple.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Just watched Friday's show and I must say that I found it a bit entertaining.

First off, when they show a guy sleeping and dreaming about having sex, I always expect him to wake up and whack off. Isn't that what guys do after horny dreams?

Rafe was just all kinds of awesome today. Just a voice of reason, and everything he tells Sami is the truth. He and Will are the two people who really tell it like it is but she throws them out and follows the wolf? And LOL at EJ insisting to Sami that she is sad and alone is just classic predator mode. I jsut can't wait for his secret to bite him in the ass...he will be so much more tolerable when his ass is humbled.

Phloe was pretty hot...it is just nice to see Phillip have some hot adult sex because the sex he has with his young teen bride doesn't cut it for a soap. Chloe and her boobs just crack me up, and i almost feel sorry for Daniel because he was all about Chloe...but dude, if she cheats for you, she'll cheat on you and it didn't take Chloe must to get her freak on.

CC needs some bangs.
AS looked pretty good today.
Loved that Ej recognizede Dr. Baker! Hells yea!

soccerandtvgirl

Rhi
Apr 23 2010, 10:55 PM
lysie
"Passion"? I think they had a purple obsession. If I used to like purple, I don't anymore.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
Apr 23 2010, 10:38 PM
Alligato
Apr 23 2010, 10:22 PM
Lose the filter. I'm begging you. DO IT!
While you're at it, tell her so does Sami's storyline right now. :D

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 23 2010, 05:28 PM
Give her a reason to unleash her inner bitch once again.
I think they are doing that with this part of the s/l. My guess is that when Sami finds out the truth, we'll see the real Sami Brady going after revenge on EJ.

AlisonLou

Hope and Baker are gross! Sorry but Hope and Bakers scenes don't make me want to tune in. I've got no interest in Baker.
If Days pair up Hope and Dr Baker then they are looking at the show not being renewed next year. That would be one of the worst pairings on the show! I would lose all interest in Hope if they did that.
Hope's fine without Baker. If she can't be with Bo then she needs a hot young man.
Not a guy with disgusting hair and looks like a walrus!
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 24 2010, 07:39 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Okay, I finished the week. It was boring although Johnny was funny.

I went against everything I believe in and rewatched only the EJAMI scenes on Friday, because...I think we're in for some (more) major inconsistencies regarding EJAMI and SAFE. Sami's attitude with EJ about moving in and her attitude with Rafe completely changed. That's not completely surprising, but the motivations seemed different. She seemed more like old Sami with Rafe, and she was just trying to stick it to him by even letting him think that she was considering it. She wasn't even truly considering it until EJ left and Rafe laughed the idea off. I would think that her moving into the mansion was more about trying to get under Rafe's skin, and maybe get him to be her rescuer or something, but...then we have next week, and I just doubt that's how it will actually go. But the foundation for it being mostly about SAFE is there. Such bad writing.

I'm liking the Hope stuff. I wish it made a little more sense, but it's enjoyable enough to make up for what doesn't make sense right now. She really seemed to enjoy knocking out EJ. Dream big, Nighttime Hope. If you can enjoy knocking him out, you could enjoy doing other things to and with him so much more. Why on earth would Dr. Baker come back to Salem if he's afraid of people seeing him?

I had a hard time paying attention to the Daniel/Carly/Philip/Chloe/Melanie/Nathan stuff. But Philip looked creepy looking in the window at them kissing. What happened to the real Philip? The one who would have busted that door and pinned Nathan to the refrigerator.

Oh, so Johnny and Allie haven't been apart much? Really? Okay.

There have been more extras than usual lately, haven't there?

peaches179

lysie
Apr 24 2010, 05:04 PM
What happened to the real Philip? The one who would have busted that door and pinned Nathan to the refrigerator.

The writing for him is just..... BAAAAAD.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

soccerandtvgirl
Apr 24 2010, 12:02 AM
Rhi
lysie
"Passion"? I think they had a purple obsession.
I know.

I used the word passion because the primary color for Passions was purple.

Posted Image

soccerandtvgirl

Rhi
Apr 24 2010, 07:03 PM
soccerandtvgirl
Apr 24 2010, 12:02 AM
Rhi

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepPassion for Purple.
"Passion"? I think they had a purple obsession.
I know.

I used the word passion because the primary color for Passions was purple.

Posted Image
:lol: So that's why? Well I would never have the patient to get through Passions so I wouldn't know.

Either way...WAY too much purple.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply