Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 4/19 - 4/23
Topic Started: Apr 16 2010, 08:55 PM (12,526 Views)
butterflygirl

Mark has a girlfriend.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

for sami to forgive stefano would take a a drop in her IQ and a total lack of regard on her part for what's right and wrong.... so what's the problem again?

i don't know if mark and casey are gay, but the two make a damn fine couple, that's for sure.

lysie
Member Avatar

butterflygirl
Apr 19 2010, 02:18 AM
Mark has a girlfriend.
So does Brandon Beemer.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

This was a pretty good epi to me. Loved the Justin and Adrienne scenes. It was nice to see a couple whose split was just about growing apart, not someone else plotting to break them up etc.

And, IMA, I totally agree with you about Rafe. I was thinking as he was smuggly telling EJ how HIS family didn't order hits blah blah blah.... "yeah but your sister sold drugs, you were going to steal a baby and you obviously had something to do with your fiancee's death but NOO you're not anywhere near as bad as the big bad Dimeras". I'd choose the Dimera's anyday over Eyebrows Magoo. At least the Dimera's own their bad assness!! I hate the way tptb write Rafe his over the top smugness and "I'm so above everyone else" is just too much. I don't know if they intend for GG to play it to the extent that he does, but if they don't they need to tell him to reign it in because it's just nauseating.

Okay, Hope totally ROCKED that last scene! If that's not Princess Gina in there I don't know who it is!! She totally creeped me out and I LOVED it!! Can't wait for this story to unfold.

All the Melanie/Stephanie/Nathan stuff was :sleep:

I liked the Sami and Stefano scenes. Loved it when he talked about not believing that she was Marlena's daughter! LOL!! Really LOVED the scenes with Kate and Stefano and them going on and on about how much they loathe Sami! That was hilarious!! Oh I hope we get EJ and Sami living under the same roof with Stefano and Kate......that has must see tv written all over it!! Can't wait!!

Thinking this may be the best summer for Days in about three years!

Alligato
Member Avatar

JANALH
Apr 19 2010, 09:58 AM
And, IMA, I totally agree with you about Rafe. I was thinking as he was smuggly telling EJ how HIS family didn't order hits blah blah blah.... "yeah but your sister sold drugs, you were going to steal a baby and you obviously had something to do with your fiancee's death but NOO you're not anywhere near as bad as the big bad Dimeras". I'd choose the Dimera's anyday over Eyebrows Magoo. At least the Dimera's own their bad assness!! I hate the way tptb write Rafe his over the top smugness and "I'm so above everyone else" is just too much. I don't know if they intend for GG to play it to the extent that he does, but if they don't they need to tell him to reign it in because it's just nauseating.

I don't mind Rafe being all high and mighty because he is using his brain where he takes into account a character's history and learns from it.
And going along with Sami and having a questionable dead fiancee (which we know he had nothing to do with) doesn't put him on the same plane as brain washing, torturing, raping, evil people.

But aside from that, it makes Rafe a perfect partner for Sami. Rafe needs to be in with the Bradys or a member of the Brady family because he has that smug, self righteous, holier than thou shit that the Brady's are so famous for. The Bradys are sainted and forgiven for everything, especially Sami, yet love to put down others for their transgressions.
Rafe is definitely a Brady in the making...must be hanging around Sami too much. She is the queen of smugness and hypocracy.

lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
Apr 19 2010, 09:58 AM
This was a pretty good epi to me. Loved the Justin and Adrienne scenes. It was nice to see a couple whose split was just about growing apart, not someone else plotting to break them up etc.

Okay, Hope totally ROCKED that last scene! If that's not Princess Gina in there I don't know who it is!! She totally creeped me out and I LOVED it!! Can't wait for this story to unfold.

All the Melanie/Stephanie/Nathan stuff was :sleep:

I liked the Sami and Stefano scenes. Loved it when he talked about not believing that she was Marlena's daughter! LOL!! Really LOVED the scenes with Kate and Stefano and them going on and on about how much they loathe Sami! That was hilarious!! Oh I hope we get EJ and Sami living under the same roof with Stefano and Kate......that has must see tv written all over it!! Can't wait!!

Thinking this may be the best summer for Days in about three years!
I don't see the DiMeras owning anything. That's part of my issue with them.

Am I the only one not the slightest bit enthralled by the idea of Sami living with Stefano and Kate? That just sounds stupid to me. I'm all for more Sami/Kate scenes if Kate's going to be awesome like she was last week, but other than that I don't see them being interesting at all unless Kate follows through with those brownies. Actually, I'd prefer she regress a few years and set the mansion on fire like she did the Kiriakis mansion. Take out the whole lot of them. (lot of them? WHO talks like that?)

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 19 2010, 10:57 AM
Am I the only one not the slightest bit enthralled by the idea of Sami living with Stefano and Kate? That just sounds stupid to me.
I just don't get a show where sudden and unexpected living arrangements constitute plot action :shrug: Something like Sami/Kate interaction should be icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

Fryday
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 18 2010, 11:25 PM
So last night on Twitter, Mark Hapka tweeted that he's gay. I'm not sure if he was kidding or not, but if he was, Casey Deidrick went along with it. And just now, Nadia Bjorlin tweeted something about Mark having a boyfriend.

Hmm...
I just love this site. You guys are always on top of all the gossip. Just stumbled on a clip from the Days event this weekend with Crystal, Nadia, Shawn, James, Mark and Jay. The fan asking the questions is a hoot and a half and CC, Shawn, Nadia and James have some really funny moments throughout.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 18 2010, 11:46 PM
IMissAremid
Apr 18 2010, 11:35 PM
Mark's Buffalo Bills shirt, although adorable, makes me less likely to think he's gay, even if that is a prejudice on my part.
The fact that he wears sports jerseys might make him seem straight, but the gayness of his hair in this picture tells a different story altogether.

http://twitpic.com/1f4tn1

ETA: Nevermind. The Days hairstylists are responsible for that...
Speaking of actor's hairstyles on Days, we have all commented on how JKJ needs a haircut. I know someone who went to the Dallas event over the weekend. They asked Jay about his hair and told him they liked it shorter. Jay said that its the Days PTB that want his hair long and won't let him cut his hair.

lysie
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Apr 19 2010, 12:31 PM
Kenny
IMissAremid
Apr 18 2010, 11:35 PM
Mark's Buffalo Bills shirt, although adorable, makes me less likely to think he's gay, even if that is a prejudice on my part.
The fact that he wears sports jerseys might make him seem straight, but the gayness of his hair in this picture tells a different story altogether.

http://twitpic.com/1f4tn1

Speaking of actor's hairstyles on Days, we have all commented on how JKJ needs a haircut. I know someone who went to the Dallas event over the weekend. They asked Jay about his hair and told him they liked it shorter. Jay said that its the Days PTB that want his hair long and won't let him cut his hair.
I just have the hardest time believing that TPTB is so controlling over their hair, especially when they're not doing anything with it onscreen. I know that's been an excuse lately for more than one actor, so maybe...but still. There's no reason for it unless it's to distract us from the crap that is their storylines. Plus, several actresses over the years have been able to do whatever they wanted, and IMO their hair is more important (I don't care if that's sexist).

Kenny
Member Avatar

Fryday
Apr 19 2010, 11:04 AM
I just love this site. You guys are always on top of all the gossip. Just stumbled on a clip from the Days event this weekend with Crystal, Nadia, Shawn, James, Mark and Jay. The fan asking the questions is a hoot and a half and CC, Shawn, Nadia and James have some really funny moments throughout.

LoL @ that crazy ass lady asking questions. "I wonder if she remembers that I was her best friend?!"

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Fryday
Apr 19 2010, 11:04 AM
Kenny
Apr 18 2010, 11:25 PM
So last night on Twitter, Mark Hapka tweeted that he's gay. I'm not sure if he was kidding or not, but if he was, Casey Deidrick went along with it. And just now, Nadia Bjorlin tweeted something about Mark having a boyfriend.

Hmm...

Thanks for posting that. It was a hoot!

Loved that the questioner did not know James Scott's real name!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Quote:

But aside from that, it makes Rafe a perfect partner for Sami. Rafe needs to be in with the Bradys or a member of the Brady family because he has that smug, self righteous, holier than thou shit that the Brady's are so famous for. The Bradys are sainted and forgiven for everything, especially Sami, yet love to put down others for their transgressions.
Rafe is definitely a Brady in the making...must be hanging around Sami too much. She is the queen of smugness and hypocracy.

ITA..Rafe totally belongs with them and their 4th of July picnics!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

billyjill
Apr 19 2010, 11:01 AM
lysie
Am I the only one not the slightest bit enthralled by the idea of Sami living with Stefano and Kate? That just sounds stupid to me.
I just don't get a show where sudden and unexpected living arrangements constitute plot action :shrug: Something like Sami/Kate interaction should be icing on the cake, not the cake itself.
Not only that, this lobotomized Sami couldn't pull a one-liner if her peroxide depended on it. It used to be that she could insult someone with the best of them, now its replaced with defending EJ at every turn. She's an afterthought now. She has nothing snarky, smart or sassy to say.

Alligato
Member Avatar

lysie

Am I the only one not the slightest bit enthralled by the idea of Sami living with Stefano and Kate?
Seeing that Sami was so deathly afraid of Stefano that she abandoned her twins to keep her baby away from him, it would be ridiculously stupid for her to move the entire family there just to keep an eye on Will....also knowing that she has the power to get Will to move back in with her.

And I am also certain that if she batted her eyes and begged EJ to get a place of his own so Johnny and Sydney could stay with him away from Stefano, he would.

With the way Sami is currently written, she is no match for Kate.

TINA222
Member Avatar

Im totally on team Stefano and Kate! They were on fire today. Everything they said seemed like it came straight from the boards.

Poisoned brownies. Please Kate make this happen. You will be a hero to many.

The dreaded F word. I loath that word now.

What men see in Sami? We are baffled as well. She is a hideous badly dressed badly coiffed screechy immature monster. :lol: :lol: :lol: I would have paid money to have Kate actually say it was the glittery ho ho. I guess they cant say that on tv. :lol: She came close though.

Stefano got a twofer today. made rafey look like a fool and got EJ to be even more indebted to him. Today EJ was like a kid who got picked on at school and daddy fixes everything. He made the bad man go away. wow. James plays the little boy act so well.

The waredrobe and hair people must hate AS. her clothes and hair looked like shit. :lol:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Apr 19 2010, 12:35 PM
dc cubs
Apr 19 2010, 12:31 PM
Kenny

Quoting limited to 3 levels deephttp://twitpic.com/1f4tn1

I just have the hardest time believing that TPTB is so controlling over their hair, especially when they're not doing anything with it onscreen. I know that's been an excuse lately for more than one actor, so maybe...but still. There's no reason for it unless it's to distract us from the crap that is their storylines. Plus, several actresses over the years have been able to do whatever they wanted, and IMO their hair is more important (I don't care if that's sexist).
But it actually makes total sense....actors from time to time do appear to have their hair overly grown out...James went through this, so does JKJ and even Bryan did...it's weird right?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

When did Bryan go through his super long hair phase? Was that the same time he was married to Chloe? Because I know James had his super long greasiest hair during his marriage to Nicole. And now Phillip is married to Melanie. Maybe there's some edict from TPTB that if a guy is married and his wife is lying to him he needs to have awful hair?

:lol:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I don't mind Jay's hair somewhat long in the front as long as it's not long in the back. Any time it brushes his collar it's a no-go for me.

I consider JS's hair still too long and it's greasier than it's ever been. He looks like he's dipping his head in a patent-pending combo of shoe polish and motor oil.

Maybe it's the villain-y, crime scions who are not allowed to get a decent haircut. Brady is a Kiriakis but a "good" one and he has a good haircut though I don't love it slicked up. Galen's hair always looks good or at worst, inoffensive, which I can't say about almost anyone else.

Of course, my villain theory doesn't explain Nathan's hideous roadkill perched precariously on his head--I mean, he's a Horton for heaven's sake. I still don't get why we had to get rid of one Horton whose name started with "N" and who was inexplicably in love with Melanie for this one.

shytstarter
Member Avatar

Alligato
Apr 19 2010, 02:05 PM
lysie

Am I the only one not the slightest bit enthralled by the idea of Sami living with Stefano and Kate?
Seeing that Sami was so deathly afraid of Stefano that she abandoned her twins to keep her baby away from him, it would be ridiculously stupid for her to move the entire family there just to keep an eye on Will....also knowing that she has the power to get Will to move back in with her.

And I am also certain that if she batted her eyes and begged EJ to get a place of his own so Johnny and Sydney could stay with him away from Stefano, he would.

With the way Sami is currently written, she is no match for Kate.
Count me in as not really being all that gung ho over Sami moving in to the DiMera mansion. Sami isn't a worthy adversary for Kate anymore. Kate has been owning her ass for quite a while now. This would be episodic and fall flat since I don't think Ali has any sense of comedic timing and delivery. It always seems as if she is trying to hard and waiting for a laugh track that doesn't exist. This would make little to no sense, but then again that never stopped them before.

I guess it would just add on to the Sami is the biggest moron on Days pile. At this point, I would fully buy a scenario of Sami finding the disc of Anna confessing and 100% believing EJ's lie that Anna was rehearsing a play. That is how little of think of her nowadays.

Plus, why waste Kate on this re-tread when we have what has the potential to be at least new and interesting territory with Madeline? But if Sami moving in would stop them from being that dead horse & put an end to this shit by early summer I would get on board.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply