Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 4/12 - 4/16
Topic Started: Apr 10 2010, 01:15 PM (3,611 Views)
AlisonLou

I hope we aren't going to end up with another Melaswen storyline. Didn't that story nearly ruin Days?
It was either that or the ratings weren't very good. But I remember there was a huge stink kicked up beacuse people hated what they were doing to Marlena's character.
I think at some point Lawrence will turn out to be alive and probably take both Hope and Carly hostage and Bo will have to choose who to save.
Ultimately I believe he will choose his wife and that will prove to Hope how much he loves her.
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 12 2010, 06:55 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 11 2010, 11:34 AM
I hope this means Taylor Spreitler has been fired.

From Twitter...
Quote:

Just had an amazing audition now time to kick it old school at six flags!!! :)
:applause:

i feel guilty since she is a real person, but god she was awful. i pray they don't recast, either. there's a lot to hate about mia, and it isn't completely about the actress.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

AlisonLou
Apr 11 2010, 11:37 PM
I think he does! Hope probably whacks him like she has been whacking the others!
Does this mean that JR will finally get a story....or.....get fired?

Agent Orange

cassie1013
Apr 12 2010, 01:13 AM
I think Hope's behind all the wacking too. Especially after
Spoiler: click to toggle
It's kinda weird that only guys are getting hit.

She's a wanker whacker.

Agent Orange

AlisonLou
Apr 12 2010, 06:53 AM
I think at some point Lawrence will turn out to be alive and probably take both Hope and Carly hostage and Bo will have to choose who to save.
Ultimately I believe he will choose his wife and that will prove to Hope how much he loves her.
Why do you think that? Is this wishful thinking?

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

could they make sami look any more clueless? damn. i almost feel sorry for her. couldn't help but wonder if brady's comment about ej not taking no for an answer was a sly reference to the rape/blackmail debacle.

i cheered when carly threw patrick lockheart back into hope's face. it's about time someone call her out on all this 'poor me, bo is the only one that's had a lover outside our marriage' bullshit she's been spewing for months.

arianna is so stupid. i really got a chuckle out of her comment that she had been on the inside and knew how to deal with nicole. please. if she knew how to deal with nicole, she'd ignore her and pretend that nothing she says bothers her. every time arianna confronts her it shows what an insecure little baby she really is and how truly unsure she is of brady's affections. in other words, she's playing right into nicole's hands.

Edited by luvpumpkns, Apr 12 2010, 01:39 PM.

TINA222
Member Avatar

God Brady is tool and hypocrite. Who got lied to for a year? Who is throwing money at Nicole and supporting her bum ass still? What the fuck does Arianna see in that boring loser? I dont get it. Milktoast is less bland. Im glad EJ had brady beaten up. Trying to ruin his wedding day was low. He was lucky EJ didnt have him killed. He went easy on him.

There should be a new drinking game. every time Sami says EJ has changed take a drink! :drunk: That whole thing is built on quicksand. Could Sami be any more insensitive to EJ's feelings? Its all about Mememememememememememe with her. Can you fix my problems for me EJ? Yes Stefano. Sami is a stubborn bitch. Thank you for pointing that out. The harpy couldnt shut up for two seconds to listen. I feel zero pity for her. She is too stupid to live.

Hope and her headaches? Uh oh.

A day without rafe? :applause: :applause: :applause:

Chloe is an idiot for listening to the crazy nutjob. She can see she hasnt changed. Run!

specialcases
Member Avatar

in regards to Hope, I am thinking it would be great if the boxes to the head shook up her brain a bit and she is now feeling delayed after effects of all of the fucked up stuff Stefano did to her head with the Princess Gina thing. I don't want her to turn back into Gina (and I LOVED that storyline) - for one, John removed the chip and Bo stomped it into pieces, and second it would just be a rehash to do it again (Lexie also already tried that). But her brain had to have some permanent damage after all that was done to it, so I think it would be great if she now started to experience those effects and start going a bit crazy

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

What the fuck is Hope smoking? She keeps talking about how she doesn't want Ciara living in a house with a murderer, meaning Carly. What the hell does she consider Victor and Vivian? The contrive-ity (is that a word?) is definitely starting to show, which we call called months ago when Hope first moved into the mansion. This all could've been prevented had they had Hope move in with Alice or Maggie. Then, her ongoing explanation of not wanting her daughter to live with Carly because she's a "murderer" would be legit. But she just sounds like a fucking moron the way things are now.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Apr 12 2010, 02:13 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Apr 12 2010, 02:11 PM
What the fuck is Hope smoking? She keeps talking about how she doesn't want Ciara living in a house with a murderer, meaning Carly. What the hell does she consider Victor and Vivian? The contrive-ity (is that a word?) is definitely starting to show, which we call called months ago when Hope first moved into the mansion. This all could've been prevented had they had Hope move in with Alice or Maggie. Then, her ongoing explanation of not wanting her daughter to live with Carly because she's a "murderer" would be legit. But she just sounds like a fucking moron the way things are now.
What gets me is Hope pretty much softened toward Carly in the aftermath of the wedding day drama and even indicated she understood why Carly did alot of what she did. I'm thinking this all has to do with what is going on with Hope.

Alligato
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Apr 12 2010, 01:38 PM
could they make sami look any more clueless? damn. i almost feel sorry for her. couldn't help but wonder if brady's comment about ej not taking no for an answer was a sly reference to the rape/blackmail debacle.

i cheered when carly threw patrick lockheart back into hope's face. it's about time someone call her out on all this 'poor me, bo is the only one that's had a lover outside our marriage' bullshit she's been spewing for months.

arianna is so stupid. i really got a chuckle out of her comment that she had been on the inside and knew how to deal with nicole. please. if she knew how to deal with nicole, she'd ignore her and pretend that nothing she says bothers her. every time arianna confronts her it shows what an insecure little baby she really is and how truly unsure she is of brady's affections. in other words, she's playing right into nicole's hands.

damn luv! You took the words off my keyboard! LOL!

It is painful to watch Sami look like such an idiot. And the directors must be telling Melanie and Sami to act like teenagers, because Sami today with her "ugh, you sound like my dad" reminded me of a bratty little girl. Just awful!

Kind of pissing me off that we have had three fucking episodes of two guys trying to tell Sami how evil EJ is, and she sits there oblivious, ignoring her history with the man and what she has done to him in the name of his evilness.
LMAO about the "no means no" comment from Brady...interesting...very interesting. Subtle hints like that work for me.
LOL at Stefano realizing that EJ is a true Dimera...acting just like Stefano.

Hope and the headaches...oh brother! Too obvious, but did love that Carly brought up Patrick. Such a good point!

Arianna just annoys the shit out of me with her Nicole love. The insecurity is baffling. But why are they paying Nicole off to leave town? If I were Arianna, I'd be telling Brady to forget the money and let Nicole make it on her own.
And as far as toughness, Arianna Hairmodel Hernandez doesn't stand a chance against Nicole. Bitch please!
Speaking of hair, Nicole's looked like shit today.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I love Justin and Adrienne. I can really tell that they love each other still but both are being stubborn. Looking forward to their storyline.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Man, I just really really really enjoyed today's show. I think it was the absence of Melanie and Rafe.

:sleep: at Brady and Arianna half-naked in bed doing the only thing they ever do together, but other than that I thought this was really solid.

first, :wub: Adrienne :wub: and :wub: the Cheatin' Heart set :wub: getting air time. I like how they wrote the history of Justin being a rich boy and she being working class into that scene and those two just played it off so well. Stick around, Adrienne, stick around! And for the first time I am seeing the awesome Justin-Adrienne chem that got these two the fans they had back in the day. Also, THANK YOU SHOW for having Justin getting his head beat in right outside the Cheatin Heart outside we haven't seen in years, rather than having him get beat up on the pier set.

Love Nicole's comment about what Carly did sounded like something she would do. Chloe was a bit monotone in all of that, but I still enjoy their friendship and Nicole giving her this tutoring in scheming. That line about Nicole's baloney having a first name B-R-A-D-Y was kind of silly but it made me laugh. My :wub: Bricole :wub: enthusiasm definitely took a hit today when Brady whipped out that check to buy her off. What the fuck that he was made out to be 100 percent undyingly loyal to Nicole and hopelessly in love with her even when she chose EJ over him to the point that he was sympathetic to Nicole even after she went crazy and ran off with his sister's baby yet suddenly now he wants to whip out his moneybags and send her away? WTF Brady? I hate that it seems like they are totally flipping the script on this triangle to have Brady and Arianna the twuwuv couple with Nicole clearly the interloper with no chance who will have to resort to desperate tactics AGAIN to get a man. I want my Bricole miracle baby, dammit. Hopefully we get more of the hint of a bitch inside Ari that we got toward the end of the show so we can have a real showdown. Obviously LH is capable of it after her Theresa vs. Gwen days.

Very intrigued by Hope's head problems or whatever it is. She and Carly were great in their showdown. I can't believe Carly brought up PATRICK!!! GOD, WHAT A BITCH! :lol: I can't wait til Carly cheats on Bo with Daniel and Hope's smug ass gets the last laugh. :lol:

Stefano, Sami and EJ was definitely interesting and I hope these three wind up under the same roof soon. I have a hunch after today and the recent spoilers
Spoiler: click to toggle
And loved how after all this time of Stefano being so hard on EJ and threatening him with how pissed he is he finally busts out "I couldn't have done it better myself" in appreciation for his stunt as a bewildered and disturbed EJ has to absorb those congratulations as Stefano goes in for the kill with the final term of him keeping quiet about the Sydnapping. :hail: The Phoenix

Enjoyed Sami and Brady's conversation too. Sami is clearly deceived about EJ, but I didn't think she came across as a ditz in sticking up for EJ. She's just trying to see the best in EJ because whether she likes it or not, she has two kids with the man, and for their sake it's for the best that she get along with him the best she can and she wasn't in denial about everything that Brady said. Brady had a lot of valid cold hard truths and it was nice to see that viewpoint expressed and that even if he seems to be getting Nicole out of his system there is that lingering animosity with EJ that can continue that rivalry. I also was shocked they went there with that "No means no" jab that Brady got in there, but even though I'm an EJami fan, I didn't mind it, because Brady has every reason in the world to use all the ammo he can to make his argument against EJ and frankly it's more realistic for that to be brought up by him than it to never ever come up like it never happened.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Things I liked about today's show:

1. Justin and Adrienne were the best part of an incredibly lackluster show for me. There isn't a single pairing or potential pairing on canvas right now that I think is worth a shit so it was really nice to see those two with their effortless chemistry. They just feel like an old skool couple who should be together but aren't and I just thought they were great.

2. Hope's headache. Let's hope that ends up going somewhere interesting.

3. Melanie wasn't on and I think she wasn't even mentioned, either, which is a rare treat.

Things I didn't like:

Everything else. I'm bored silly by EJ and Stefano at this point. Sami is a complete blithering idiot who, no matter whether she believes EJ has changed or not, still has no reason to side with him over her own son--it should be a very simple matter to throw the bum out, as Brady suggested. Sami may think EJ hasn't seen Sydney for months but he did have her for most of her life even based on the skewed version of events she thinks is the truth. They can work out a visiting schedule like everyone else. That comment about "no means no" is interesting in light of Nicole's recent remark about whether Faye wanted her to marry a "wife-beating rapist" like Faye had; that one felt like a nod too, though I wish the writer monkeys would quit dancing around the Maypole and just freaking let people remind Sami of exactly which crimes EJ has committed against her and her family.

IMiss, I totally agree with you that I see no point whatsoever in playing it for months like Brady was hopelessly in love with "first choice" Nicole (in itself a retcon, while his relationship with Chloe is nothing more than amiable exes), up to and including right before she went to prison, and now that Nicole is unexpectedly free Brady acts like she's gum on the bottom of his shoe that he needs to pay someone else to scrape off. I am not against properly written Bricole since I think EM is one of the many AZ has chemistry with, but this rendition is completely baffling to me, not least because I see less than zero sparks between Brady and Arianna.

Livie

Ok, who gave Vivians hairdo to Nicole? Or at least the front facade of it.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Paxton
Apr 12 2010, 03:25 PM
Things I liked about today's show:

1. Justin and Adrienne were the best part of an incredibly lackluster show for me. There isn't a single pairing or potential pairing on canvas right now that I think is worth a shit so it was really nice to see those two with their effortless chemistry. They just feel like an old skool couple who should be together but aren't and I just thought they were great.

2. Hope's headache. Let's hope that ends up going somewhere interesting.

3. Melanie wasn't on and I think she wasn't even mentioned, either, which is a rare treat.

Things I didn't like:

Everything else. I'm bored silly by EJ and Stefano at this point. Sami is a complete blithering idiot who, no matter whether she believes EJ has changed or not, still has no reason to side with him over her own son--it should be a very simple matter to throw the bum out, as Brady suggested. Sami may think EJ hasn't seen Sydney for months but he did have her for most of her life even based on the skewed version of events she thinks is the truth. They can work out a visiting schedule like everyone else. That comment about "no means no" is interesting in light of Nicole's recent remark about whether Faye wanted her to marry a "wife-beating rapist" like Faye had; that one felt like a nod too, though I wish the writer monkeys would quit dancing around the Maypole and just freaking let people remind Sami of exactly which crimes EJ has committed against her and her family.

IMiss, I totally agree with you that I see no point whatsoever in playing it for months like Brady was hopelessly in love with "first choice" Nicole (in itself a retcon, while his relationship with Chloe is nothing more than amiable exes), up to and including right before she went to prison, and now that Nicole is unexpectedly free Brady acts like she's gum on the bottom of his shoe that he needs to pay someone else to scrape off. I am not against properly written Bricole since I think EM is one of the many AZ has chemistry with, but this rendition is completely baffling to me, not least because I see less than zero sparks between Brady and Arianna.
I loved it when Brady said EJ gives bums a bad name!! Also, EJ has money, he can rent an apartment and keep Sydney and Johnny himself on a visitation schedule. There is no reason whatsoever for him to be staying at Sami's. And as far as Sami letting Will go to the House of Frankestein with Frau whats-her-name-- that is just so preposterous. Your kids always, always come first, not the man you said you didnt trust. Please. LMAO on that one. How oblivious can one woman be.

I want someone to remind Sami of all his crimes, too, but truthfully, at this point, I don't think it would make any difference. Sometimes I wonder if she just isn't trying to be right and prove she is, rather than anything else.

Harmony233

IA Hope seems like a moron when shes going on about Carly being a murderer when shes living with Victor and vivian.Also I get tired of hearing Hope whine about how that Bo deserted her and like shes the only one who lost her son.Its about time someone threw Patrick in her face.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Alligato
Apr 12 2010, 02:23 PM
And the directors must be telling Melanie and Sami to act like teenagers, because Sami today with her "ugh, you sound like my dad" reminded me of a bratty little girl. Just awful!
i think so. that line was awful, and so was the "i am standing on my own two feet! i went and saw stefano all by MYSELF!"

no dummy, he meant grow up and put your damn kids first.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Apr 12 2010, 04:55 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^LMAO...that was cringe worthy too. That scene was bad...real bad. Brady carried it and Sami looked like a total airhead jackass.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Alligato
Apr 12 2010, 04:57 PM
^LMAO...that was cringe worthy too. That scene was bad...real bad. Brady carried it and Sami looked like a total airhead jackass.
I also laughed at Sami lamely explaining that they had made promises to God. Just ask Chloe how those can turn out: "Dear God, I totally promise that if you let my fiance, who nobody on earth believes I love, live, I totally won't fuck Dr. Dan any more. Or reminisce endlessly about our sexathon. Thank you for not making me tell said fiance the truth about what I've been doing and let him decide for himself whether he wants me to marry him just because I told You I would, basically as penance for fornication." I suppose in a few weeks Father Matt will be along to explain to EJ that it's completely okay that he kidnapped Sydney and made Sami think she was dead because he's realized he's in wuv with Samanther.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply