Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ali blog 4/18
Topic Started: Apr 19 2010, 02:43 AM (1,779 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Spring update
By Alison Sweeney on April 18, 2010 10:36 PM

My mother-in-law told me at Christmas, she was giving me a 'vegetable garden' as my gift. and this weekend... wow! she delivered!!! Everyone chipped in , and now we have this fabulous veggie garden growing in our backyard and I'm so looking forward to the best part - a summer of enjoying home-grown veggies.

Saturday, we laid out the soil, and built a raised bed for the garden. And today they planted (and I snuck away to the Lakers game with my brother!!). How lucky am I??!! We have green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, Sugar snap peas, and loose leaf lettuce. Plus, Dave is going to get an artichoke plant. It's all going to be so fun to watch it grow with Ben & Megan... last time we had a veggie garden, I had to stop Ben from picking tomatoes early and eating them like an apple. right there in the garden.

It's been such a fun, home weekend with the family. Megan learned to say 'baby'... she was looking at a picture of me holding her when she was a newborn. I told her that was her when she was a baby, and sure enough, she said 'baby'. Ben really wants her to say 'Ben'. it's so cute, he keeps trying to teach her. He says she's close - it kinda sounds like the 'B' and the 'E'... she just needs to learn the 'N'. He is so sweet to his little sis'. Now if only he wouldn't snatch toys from her. we're working on it! :)

So amazed and impressed by all the former BL contestants running in the Boston Marathon this weekend. WOW. Ali Vincent, Mark Kruger, Rebecca, Tracey... and a few others. I'm so inspired by their incredible athletic skills!

Right now we are shooting scenes at Days to celebrate 'Alice Horton'. Frances Reid passed away a few months ago now, and the show wanted to take the time to design a story to pay tribute the best way we could. There will be several episodes dedicated to the story of Alice, airing in June. And so many wonderful Days cast alum are returning to be a part of it. Missy (Jennifer), Bryan (Lucas), Jaime Lynn (Laura) and I had scenes together last week. I'm working with Christie (Carrie) coming up, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Roark (Mike) and a few others. I hope the scenes do justice to such an amazing, talented, woman. Frances will live on in all our memories. She will be missed.

http://www.nbc.com/blogs/alison-sweeneys-blog/the-biggest-loser/spring-update/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

Scenes with Lucas! *Does a happy dance*

And how cute that Ben wants Megan to say Ben, but being the typical older bro, snatches toys. That's cute.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

The gardening seems like nice bonding time. I wish my knees would allow me to garden!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Nice blog.
I can't wait to see Sami and Carrie in a scene again. I wonder if it will be them shooting the shit together or if it will be an actual story that will last for a few days.
I am so interested in how they are writing all of this and how everyone will figure into it.

lysie
Member Avatar

This is going to sound random if no one else remembers this, and I don't particularly want to draw anyone's attention back to that particular thread, but....does anyone remember the post Alligato made about Ali, twitter, and butternut squash? It still made me laugh an hour after it was posted, and it still makes me laugh four months later. This blog made me think of that, and for that I am grateful. Yeah, that's all I got on this.

Livie

ladyofthelake
Apr 19 2010, 05:48 AM
The gardening seems like nice bonding time. I wish my knees would allow me to garden!
My parents had the same complaint about bending down to weed, so they started to container garden. The containers were placed on folding tables, and some they ordered online that were like wood boxes on legs. They grew lots of stuff this way.

Edited by Livie, Apr 19 2010, 09:59 AM.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Nice blog.

thanks Angie!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Nice blog. It appears Days is using the actors/actresses who are returning for Alice's memorial for more than just the funeral. It will be nice to see some Sami/Lucas and Sami/Carrie scenes. Days should take advantage of having the actors there to interact with their Days family members.

Alligato
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 19 2010, 08:43 AM
This is going to sound random if no one else remembers this, and I don't particularly want to draw anyone's attention back to that particular thread, but....does anyone remember the post Alligato made about Ali, twitter, and butternut squash? It still made me laugh an hour after it was posted, and it still makes me laugh four months later. This blog made me think of that, and for that I am grateful. Yeah, that's all I got on this.
I remember it. ;)
That reminds me of when I was first learning about the Twatter and looked as AS's stuff, and she twatted about eating a plum...something like "I am eating a plum. So delicious" And i was like what the fuck! Is that what you think people want to read about? Your damn plum eating habits?
Then I learned that the Twatter is flilled with mindless, self involved crap so she was right on the money.
I still laugh at her plum commentary.

aimees76
Member Avatar

lysie
LOL, I remember it, and I thought of it while reading this, too. :laugh:

I really wish I could have a garden ... my backyard is all landscaped to be some sort of zen garden though. Sucks. (renting)
I'm encouraged by Livie's post, though ... will have to look into that.

I am excited for Lumi scenes, and Sami/Carrie scenes ... that's about all. I mean, regarding Sami. I will watch the tribute stuff in June, but that's about all Days is drawing me for. *sigh* Unfortuntate.

lene
Member Avatar

I really want Carrie back fulltime. Heck, i want them all back fulltime. LoL

Vicky4Mimi

lysie
I would love to read that LOL!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ooh lene, I love your new "Gina" avatar.

lysie
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Apr 19 2010, 12:45 PM
lysie
Here's most of it. Actually, it's really all of the butternut squash part. The rest of the post is more about the debate that was in that thread. And if you're wondering, I totally found it by doing a search for "butternut." Two posts came up. This one, and the one where I quoted it to laugh about it. Obviously we don't talk about butternut squash enough.

Quote:

My issue with AS on Twitter, or anyone else on Twitter, is someone who twats "I am sitting with Meghan feeding her my squash soup which I grew in my garden and spent hours cooking. She just loves to eat my butternut squash"
I just want to say "Put down the fucking phone and spend some time talking to your kid while feeding her." Can't be doing that great of a job if all your kid sees you doing is twatting on your phone.
I have had friends who twat their entire vacation on Disney World saying how much fun they are having. Here's a bulletin: if you were having so much fun with your kids, you wouldn't even think of your phone!

Livie

aimees76
Apr 19 2010, 11:24 AM
lysie
LOL, I remember it, and I thought of it while reading this, too. :laugh:

I really wish I could have a garden ... my backyard is all landscaped to be some sort of zen garden though. Sucks. (renting)
I'm encouraged by Livie's post, though ... will have to look into that.

I am excited for Lumi scenes, and Sami/Carrie scenes ... that's about all. I mean, regarding Sami. I will watch the tribute stuff in June, but that's about all Days is drawing me for. *sigh* Unfortuntate.
Lol, I also thought of that post, but in the context of uh oh, when are the bombs gonna fall now? I actually went back and edited my post since I figured if I said anything at all, it would hasten the napalm!

If you focus on some of the positive stuff here, there are lots of ways to garden, even on an apartment balcony space.

Those topsy turvy things do work for growing tomatoes (especially cherries), cucumbers, and zucchinis. Mom and Dad had six of them on the go at one time.

And since it was just the beginning of Earth week, finding ways to grow a little deliciousness along with some blue and yellow flowers to encourage our declining bee population :soapbox:

aimees76
Member Avatar

No decline of bees in my neighborhood ... I think there are more of them than there are of us. We have fruit trees in our yard, but no soil for planting a garden ... I am looking into alternatives though.
Thanks for the suggestions Livie. :)

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

dc cubs
Apr 19 2010, 10:34 AM
Nice blog. It appears Days is using the actors/actresses who are returning for Alice's memorial for more than just the funeral. It will be nice to see some Sami/Lucas and Sami/Carrie scenes. Days should take advantage of having the actors there to interact with their Days family members.
I want a Carrie-Anna scene dammit. I also want a Carrie supporting Mike scene (even if I actually preferred Austin and Carrie to Mike and Carrie back in the day).

I want a good Sami-Carrie scene but I have a feeling that whatever we get will not live up to my expectations because nothing will ever top the fun of their clashes over Austin in the 90s. Still, it will be nice to see someone around who can call Sami out on her crap.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 19 2010, 12:54 PM
Vicky4Mimi
lysie
Here's most of it. Actually, it's really all of the butternut squash part. The rest of the post is more about the debate that was in that thread. And if you're wondering, I totally found it by doing a search for "butternut." Two posts came up. This one, and the one where I quoted it to laugh about it. Obviously we don't talk about butternut squash enough.

Quote:

My issue with AS on Twitter, or anyone else on Twitter, is someone who twats "I am sitting with Meghan feeding her my squash soup which I grew in my garden and spent hours cooking. She just loves to eat my butternut squash"
I just want to say "Put down the fucking phone and spend some time talking to your kid while feeding her." Can't be doing that great of a job if all your kid sees you doing is twatting on your phone.
I have had friends who twat their entire vacation on Disney World saying how much fun they are having. Here's a bulletin: if you were having so much fun with your kids, you wouldn't even think of your phone!

There's alot of truth in Alligato's statement. I've got "friends" on Facebook who constantly post about how great their life is and how awesome their husband and children are...blah blah blah....

If they're that great you wouldn't have to convince everyone of it, people would just know.

lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
Apr 19 2010, 03:13 PM
lysie
Apr 19 2010, 12:54 PM
Vicky4Mimi

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Quote:

There's alot of truth in Alligato's statement. I've got "friends" on Facebook who constantly post about how great their life is and how awesome their husband and children are...blah blah blah....

If they're that great you wouldn't have to convince everyone of it, people would just know.
There's this girl I went to high school with, and I'm always making fun of the way she talks about her kids on facebook and on her blog. It's just so cheesy and not at all realistic. Well...another girl we went to high school with saw her this weekend, and apparently, she's authentic, lol. All I could say was "what a dork."

But yeah. Alison has a garden.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Livie
Apr 19 2010, 01:06 PM
Those topsy turvy things do work for growing tomatoes (especially cherries), cucumbers, and zucchinis. Mom and Dad had six of them on the go at one time.

And since it was just the beginning of Earth week, finding ways to grow a little deliciousness along with some blue and yellow flowers to encourage our declining bee population :soapbox:
Nice blog post, thanks for posting. Not much to comment on but that it's nice she has a garden to enjoy with her kids.

Livie-didn't know that blue and yellow attracted the bees, thanks for that tidbit. We put in a small garden this year. My cucumber and squash plant has fallen victim to snails I think. Sounds like your parents had quite the operation.

Aimee-At the old house I rented that was landscaped and bricks, I filled up some kiddie swimming pools with good dirt and poked some holes in the bottom of the pool with a pitch fork. It worked wonderfully and was fairly cheap.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply