Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: May Sweeps Preview; May 4th issue
Topic Started: Apr 20 2010, 07:46 PM (7,723 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

May Sweeps Preview

"It's a circus, it really is a circus," previews Executive Producer Ken Corday. "I'm very excited. You're going to see faces popping up that you'd never expect, people crossing over that you'd never expect."

EJ/Sami/Rafe/Stefano/Anna: With this story, Dena Higley has taken the cards of the baby-switch saga, tossed them into the air, re-shuffled and dealt them and "it's great." Rafe leaves Salem in search of Anna. He finally tracks her down and demands to know who paid her to kidnap Sydney. In South America, Anna is stunned when she bumps into a familiar face -- Calliope! Meanwhile, Rafe ends up in a South American jail and his cellmate is another familiar face. Back in Salem, EJ tries to keep his feelings for Sami a secret. Naturally, Sami is drawn to EJ, but she still misses Rafe.

Phillip/Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie/Chloe/Carly/Daniel: This story will lead to lots of unexpected ripples. Phillip feels extreme guilt after he has sex with Chloe. Carly figures out that Chloe cheated on Daniel and Carly is a truth-teller. Carly threatens to tell Daniel the truth if Chloe doesn't. Meanwhile, Vivian still has her hands in the mix and she offers to help Chloe remove Carly from her life for good. Meanwhile, Melanie finds out that Stephanie trashed her birth control pills and she accuses her of trying to trap Nathan. Stephanie will take a darker turn in May. She's vindictive and she plays a convincing victim.

Hope/Dr. Baker/Arianna/Brady/Nicole: Hope's new saga really gets off the ground in May. She's acting strange -- nothing like the Hope we've seen in the past. There are mysterious muggings taking place all over Salem and everyone's getting whacked over the head. Hope is the mugger. Meanwhile, Arianna gets arrested which strains her relationship with Brady. Nicole comes face-to-face with Dr. Baker. Says Corday, "John Callahan is great. Dr. Baker is so much fun and it's a color we don't have on the show."

Kate/Stefano/Madeline/Will/Mia/Chad/Gabi: Viewers will learn that Madeline has a past with Kate and Stefano. She threatens to reveal a secret if they don't stay away from her family. Meanwhile, Will finds an old picture of Kate and Madeline together and he takes it to Chad. "Secrets will come from there that will be held for years to come... big stuff. It doesn't appear to be that way; it just seems like something from the past, but there's more to it than that."

Vivian/Victor/Maggie: Vivian shocks Victor with an impromptu wedding, but will it actually take place? Vivian is a psycho. Completely bonkers.

Alice: Salem is devastated when Alice's health takes a turn for the worse. "I think this will be the best memorial that has ever been done on a soap for an actor. But it really gets going in June."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ana75
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting! :) I can't wait to see the tribute to Alice (Frances).
Edited by Ana75, Apr 20 2010, 07:54 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

50 views in 3 minutes, damn that's a lot.

These sound pretty good and I can't wait for Alice's Memorial!

I can't stand Corday, but I am pleasantly surprised, at least so far, how the show is dealing with the passing of Frances Reid.

Cupcake06

Sounds pretty good. Thanks!

lene
Member Avatar

Wow, all of this sounds REALLY good. Finally, Stephanie is not a good girl anymore. :D She deserves better then Nathan though, he's so fucking boring.

LovingDays

wow this sounds really good i'm actually looking for to all of those storyline

BradyB

I wonder who the familiar face Rafe sees in the jail cell in South America??

TINA222
Member Avatar

EJ/Rafe/Sami are not great Cordray. :flipoff: Its the same recyled shit from two years ago. They just replaced Lucas with Rafe. I DONT CARE. :blah: :blah: :blah: Sami has f..... for EJ but still wants Rafe. I wish they would kill Sami off and end this boring shit. they obviously get that we dont get the Sami appeal. So fire AS and we might get something new here. If not. Im out.

AlisonLou

Why isn't Bo in the May Previews?
These sound boring! Don't like the Hope stuff! I don't see a good May sweeps!
I don't see the show getting any good ratings out of this!
What about Bo and Hope's anniversary?
These don't mention Bo's return.
So Hope won't be herself for the Alice tribute?
That sucks!
She should be with Bo during this tribute!
The shows getting worse and worse!
Why would they change Hope's character? They really don't care about their longtime fans do they!
I'm not interested in Hope with Dr Baker at all! These writers suck!
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 20 2010, 08:21 PM.

kimandshane

There's no mention of Shane in the May Sweeps? That's odd.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

These sound great! DAYS is getting real good again.

LovingDays

kimandshane
Apr 20 2010, 08:19 PM
they not always say everything

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

kimandshane
I will comment more on the previews later but I believe Shane is who Rafe meets in the South American prison.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

LovingDays
Apr 20 2010, 08:21 PM
kimandshane
they not always say everything
Agreed.

I wouldn't want them to put everything in these previews anyway.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

"It's a circus, it really is a circus," previews Executive Producer Ken Corday.

Oh dear. Are they bringing back Horton the Tiger for Alice's memorial?

Quote:

With this story, Dena Higley...

Who?

Quote:

Naturally, Sami is drawn to Rafe, but she still misses Rafe.

Is this supposed to read Sami is drawn to EJ but she still misses Rafe?

Quote:

Vivian/Victor/Maggie: Victor shocks Victor with an impromptu wedding, but will it actually take place? Vivian is a psycho. Completely bonkers.

Who shocks who? And how does Maggie fit in?

(Sorry to give you grief for any typos Kenny, I'm just confused)

In any event, I'm actually very intrigued to learn who is in the South American jail. Eugene? Tony?

Melanie can fuck off bitching about Stephanie "trapping" Nathan with a baby. Bitch you trapped Phillip in a marriage when you weren't even sure if you really wanted him. Go Badass Stephanie go.

LOL at pathetic Arianna getting arrested for being the mugger. As if!! First, they want us to believe she was a drug dealer sent to prison and now that she's a mugging suspect? :lol: Whatever, I'm wondering if Nicole finds out about things but has Baker and Hope set up Arianna?

Corday talking about secrets lasting YEARS scares me.

Here's hoping Psycho Vivian finds a way to intersect with the Hope story. If Chloe gets tricked into trying to kill Carly just because of Carly's threats she's officially too dumb to live.

I miss Bo. :(

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

kimandshane
I wonder if there's any chance Shane is Rafe's cellmate in South America? Do we know anything at all about what he'll be doing? I know Rafe wouldn't know Shane (presumably) but maybe Corday just meant "familiar face" as in, familiar to viewers, not necessarily familiar to Rafe.

Some of this sounds good (Hope, Dr. Baker, Phloe, Nicole, maybe Kate/Madeline/Stefano). Looking forward to the Alice memorial storyline and the returns. I can just FF Sami grudgingly allowing herself to be somewhat attracted to EJ while still pining for Rafe.

Thanks for posting!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

AlisonLou
Apr 20 2010, 08:16 PM
So Hope won't be herself for the Alice tribute?
That sucks!
She should be with Bo during this tribute!
You have a good point there. I hadn't really thought about the impact of Hope being Gina when Gran passes away. Or not being herself when Jen returns either.

Bummer.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

IMissAremid
Apr 20 2010, 08:22 PM
Corday talking about secrets lasting YEARS scares me.
Yeah, I don't get that, with their one-year renewal.

AlisonLou

This Hope story better not last a year or days won't get renewed!
I wonder if Corday's looked at the ratings? Days is a sinking ship!
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 20 2010, 08:30 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

WOW..I am actually excited about watching Days, for once.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply