Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: May Sweeps Preview; May 4th issue
Topic Started: Apr 20 2010, 07:46 PM (7,745 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kenny was there ANYTHING in the May preview about Maggie's disease storyline?

If not, this just makes me think even more that they totally dropped that in light of what they decided to do about Alice.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

fancyface78
Apr 20 2010, 08:49 PM
AlisonLou
Apr 20 2010, 08:16 PM
Why isn't Bo in the May Previews?
These sound boring! Don't like the Hope stuff! I don't see a good May sweeps!
I don't see the show getting any good ratings out of this!
What about Bo and Hope's anniversary?
These don't mention Bo's return.
So Hope won't be herself for the Alice tribute?
That sucks!
She should be with Bo during this tribute!
The shows getting worse and worse!
Why would they change Hope's character? They really don't care about their longtime fans do they!
I'm not interested in Hope with Dr Baker at all! These writers suck!
Because Bo isn't going to be on for most of May.
lol... i couldn't have said it better myself!
From reading the previews, there's really no place for Bo in either of those stories at the moment... WRT the Hope SL, him being around would just cause it to FF as he would definitely notice a change in her behavior, even if they're not really speaking at the moment... especially since i'm sure that Victor would be pleased to tell him his suspicions about Hope being too stressed & also having to deal with Ciara's shenanigans... over on the Carly side, Bo's return would put a real damper in her plans to get super cozy to Daniel, whether it's by breaking the news to him about Chloe, or having Chloe break up with him over telling him the truth & then hoping that Daniel would come running to her for comfort...
all in all, i definitely see the fall of Carbo & a rise in Darly, but that's JMO! i also see there being more to the daytime vs nighttime Hope deal than meets the eye!

oh, one more thing... alison, Bope have so many anniverasaries, you'll need to be more specific... lol!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Apr 20 2010, 09:21 PM
Not a word. There was nothing about Maggie at all except they had her listed as part of the "Victor/Vivian/Maggie" story. Nothing was mentioned about her role in that story though.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 20 2010, 09:15 PM
DrewHamilton
Apr 20 2010, 09:08 PM
Why are people expecting a funeral in May or June? I thought it's been said on several occasions that the people coming back to visit are going to visit an ALIVE, but sick Alice. That's supposed to last throughout the summer. I don't expect Alice to pass away until Fall, probably closer to the 45th anniversary.
Judie the promo person and also Jason47 both said last week that the funeral for Alice was being filmed this week so it will air in mid-late June.
Oh! I wasn't aware of that. I was under the impression that Alice would be sick throughout the summer, receive these visits and then she would pass away later in the year. I didn't expect them to move this fast.

cassie1013

Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 09:14 PM
IMissAremid
Apr 20 2010, 09:03 PM
Maybe they would claim Stefano manipulated Madeline, one of his former call girls, into raising Chad for him so Hope wouldn't have custody of him?
That's an interesting theory. I think I like it.
I'll get behind that one, too. I wonder if it would he would be "Gope's" son or the real Gina's?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Apr 20 2010, 09:27 PM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 20 2010, 09:15 PM
DrewHamilton
Apr 20 2010, 09:08 PM
Why are people expecting a funeral in May or June? I thought it's been said on several occasions that the people coming back to visit are going to visit an ALIVE, but sick Alice. That's supposed to last throughout the summer. I don't expect Alice to pass away until Fall, probably closer to the 45th anniversary.
Judie the promo person and also Jason47 both said last week that the funeral for Alice was being filmed this week so it will air in mid-late June.
Oh! I wasn't aware of that. I was under the impression that Alice would be sick throughout the summer, receive these visits and then she would pass away later in the year. I didn't expect them to move this fast.
I think Corday messed up the timing as usual LOL.

In these previews, he indicated that her health takes a turn for the worse in May so we will likely get some focus on those already on the show with her first. Judging by what we know of the returnees being in to tape and so on, it seems the returns happen over a two week period in June. The first week will probably see everyone but Carrie, Mike, and Kim since it was indicated those three came in the week after Missy, Bryan, etc and that week Alice will pass away. The following week will then be the funeral.

I have to admit that is pretty good for a soap. Two weeks is a good amount of time and it seems like they will give it a good amount of focus. In retrospect, Corday wasn't far off as he did say it just wouldn't be a funeral and everyone all at once saying goodbye. Pacing it out over two weeks seems effective. I wouldn't mind dragging it out through the summer but that may have been too much and too drawn out for some. I would still like them to do something like open an Alice Horton Memorial Wing at the hospital for the 45th. Have some returns for that and make that the 45th anniversary tribute.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

I was SO excited to see Shane (ISA, NSA?) agent for the first time...until now. I'm not sure I can be interested if Rafe's going to be hovering around. He brings everything down for me. :(

Love that- "Naturally,Sami is drawn to EJ." well Duh, he's a British hunk of sexy!
Edited by Kiren, Apr 20 2010, 09:36 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

The returns are probably spread out through June, ending with her funeral. The ones who return are brought back before hand to re-establish them and their connection to Alice and then they return for the funeral. I'm sure that's how they're doing it and I think it's really smart instead of just having them all pop up. It's not like Tom's funeral in 1994 when it was still the early 90s and old fan favorites were still on daily viewers minds, like Marie and Bill, etc.

I'm going to guess that we won't get a Bill recast, but probably instead flashbacks using the old actors.

Anyone know when Maree Cheatham filmed as Marie? I always felt like Marie should have been groomed to take over for Alice but that ship has probably sailed. Marie hasn't had anything remotely major since what, the early 80s? At least Bill and Laura got play in the early '90s. I always felt they let Bill fade away too. It's a shame the Horton's were so marginalized over the years and Mickey's death was treated like a virtual joke. Except for Kristian, Lisa Trusel, Suzanne and Susan, it honestly fell flat.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

If Chad was Stefano and HOPE's kid now THAT is something I could see playing out for years. Besides all the standard DiMera intrigue you'd have Hope having to deal more with her Princess Gina past, you'd have a new older sibling for Ciara, you'd have a reason for Stefano-Bo clashes, you'd have Bo having to deal with what Hope had to go through with Chelsea, etc...

But just Chad is a DiMera by Stefano having slept with some random recurring actress, as much as I like her, I don't see that having that huge of a ripple effect. Yeah, EJ would get a new brother and Stefano would have a new pawn to mess with, but then what?

Now I'll be disappointed if Chad isn't Stefano and Hope's. LOL.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Anything about Justin and Adrienne?

KMan101
Member Avatar

Chad being Hope and Stefano's son would be a gold-mine. Too bad Shawn's not around (another missed opportunity and a character that's needed who isn't being used.).

I would of rather have had a child from Hope's past than the Chelsea debacle. As much as I liked Chelsea, it was ridiculous! Hope's mind has been so screwed with that it's very possible she had a kid she can't remember.

It makes sense for Hope and Stefano to have a child. How epic if it turns out to be true. It's too bad the history between them has become watered down over the years. The entire character of Stefano has become so watered down. People used to fear him and want him in jail, now he's like a regular citizen. I realize for longevity, they had to do this, but come on! LOL. You can't spend two decades establishing him as this evil mastermind that everyone fears. He brought the devil into Marlena, brainwashed Hope and John ... the list goes on!
Edited by KMan101, Apr 20 2010, 09:51 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 09:25 PM
IMissAremid
Apr 20 2010, 09:21 PM
Not a word. There was nothing about Maggie at all except they had her listed as part of the "Victor/Vivian/Maggie" story. Nothing was mentioned about her role in that story though.
Well that sucks. I've been thoroughly enjoying Suzanne Rogers in her expanded role on the show - I'd love to see them continue with that. I hope the lack of mention isn't a sign of the times for her. :(

Otherwise, most everything looks really interesting. Fingers crossed that it really will be! :D

Thanks for posting!

DOOLFan85

IMissAremid
Apr 20 2010, 09:39 PM
If Chad was Stefano and HOPE's kid now THAT is something I could see playing out for years. Besides all the standard DiMera intrigue you'd have Hope having to deal more with her Princess Gina past, you'd have a new older sibling for Ciara, you'd have a reason for Stefano-Bo clashes, you'd have Bo having to deal with what Hope had to go through with Chelsea, etc...

But just Chad is a DiMera by Stefano having slept with some random recurring actress, as much as I like her, I don't see that having that huge of a ripple effect. Yeah, EJ would get a new brother and Stefano would have a new pawn to mess with, but then what?

Now I'll be disappointed if Chad isn't Stefano and Hope's. LOL.
At least for me, Bo doesn't have much of my sympathies at the moment. So if so happens Hope and Stefano had Chad during her Princess Gina years it would hurt Bo ... ALOT. I agree, too, I want Chad to be connected to core characters, it only adds intrigue if it's someone like Hope. We've had Brady-Dimera with of course Ejami and it would be even more interesting if Horton-Dimera had a child too. I would love to see how Chad deals with his Dimera side and Horton side. Plus Rafe would hate it because if Chad is a Dimera he won't be happy Gaby is trying to date him.
Edited by DOOLFan85, Apr 20 2010, 09:59 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I hope Shane kicks Rafe's ass. I would love that! Shane<3

AlisonLou

Rafe will probably fill Shane in on the going on in Salem and that's how Shane will return to Salem.
Chad will be Kate's and Stephano's son. If he wasn't Kate's then what reason would Kate have for staying in Salem?
All of her kids have left Salem. i wish they had kept Lucas instead but at least Chad looks a bit like Lucas.
I think this Chad sl will be seperate to the Hope one.
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 20 2010, 10:16 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks so much for posting!
Intrigued by most of it, bewildered by the rest.
KC starting off by calling it a "circus" annoyed the shit out of me. I feel the same way about the writing.

I so don't want Chad to be a Dimera. I want him gone.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

THanks for posting these.

I'm sad there is no mention of Justin. I would be a lot more excited about May previews if he was.

Some of these sound interesting, but others just bore me.

I wish I was excited about some of these returning characters, but I'm just not.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 07:46 PM
Viewers will learn that Madeline has a past with Kate and Stefano. "Secrets will come from there that will be held for years to come... big stuff. It doesn't appear to be that way; it just seems like something from the past, but there's more to it than that."
I don't buy this at all. The way re-writes take place so often on this show? If the secrets of Madeline's past really take years to play out, by the time they're revealed they will have been re-written so many times no one will be able to make sense of it. Sort of like John's past.

Plus, isn't Jessica Tuck already done taping?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 10:36 PM
Really? I thought Tuck said that she would be on throughout the summer in her DAYS debut interview. But then again, I've been wrong about a lot lately. I'm just not paying much attention as of late. Nothing until tonight had me really excited concerning DAYS.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

DrewHamilton
Apr 20 2010, 10:40 PM
Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 10:36 PM
Really? I thought Tuck said that she would be on throughout the summer in her DAYS debut interview. But then again, I've been wrong about a lot lately. I'm just not paying much attention as of late. Nothing until tonight had me really excited concerning DAYS.
Yeah, in SOD a couple of weeks ago it said she will air into the summer months.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply