Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: May Sweeps Preview; May 4th issue
Topic Started: Apr 20 2010, 07:46 PM (7,725 Views)
Kevc1980
Member Avatar

These actually sound great. I'm very excited for Calliope and Anna, Rafe and possibly Shane. Also glad they are turning Stephanie into a bitch, she needs to get more interesting. And I'm looking forward to the Hope storyline. I would love for Hope and Stefano to end up being Chad's parents. That would be epic.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

soapfan4life

Cool- thanks for the previews.

All in all they all sound alright, a little vague but nothing is making me want to run and turn my tv off. So I guess that is an improvement.

I'm glad to see Maggie's name in the list- even though we just saw her name and no real spoiler. It's just nice to see her mentioned, I've really been enjoying seeing her on my screen so much.

I'm a little tired of the Wash, Rinse, and Repeat storyline for Sami/EJ/Rafe and am hoping that this kidnapping story is resolved shortly. The story itself definately entrigued me and I enjoyed it, but it's time to close this chapter and start a new story arc. JMO.

I assume right now that it is Shane that Rafe runs into which is a cool way to reintroduce him since it has been awhile since he has been here.

Not sure how I feel about Dr. Baker in the Hope story I'm gonna have to watch it unfold til I make a final opinion on that one.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm really hoping that Chad doesn't turn out to be Stefano and Hope's or Stefano and Kate's kid. First of all we don't need anymore surprise kids. and secondly it would totally mess up a time line and put more family confusion in the mix I think we just need something new. I know it is days and timelines mean nothing to them, but seriously Chad would be Will's uncle and they were all on our screens at the same time. How could Hope or Kate been pregnant at the same time as Sami and noone knew?

lysie
Member Avatar

This was on the first page somewhere, but does anyone else think it's odd that Hope wasn't herself at Tom's funeral and now might not be at Alice's.

Maybe Chad is the real Will, lol. I don't know why it would be hard to buy that Stefano would let someone else raise his son. He let someone else raise Benji. He was going to let John and Kristen raise EJ (and he didn't raise him for most of his life apparently). Isn't the only child he raised Tony?

TINA222
Member Avatar

He didnt raise Lexie either. but I find it hard to swallow that he would let someone else raise Chad. If he is EJ's maybe he thought he wasn't ready to be a father and worked behind the scenes controlling Chad's life. waiting for the day he could turn him into another soldier. Maybe they had a deal he wouldnt take him til he turned 18. I dont know. They will have to explain this very well for me to buy why Stefano didnt let him be a Dimera.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

AlisonLou
Apr 20 2010, 10:13 PM
Rafe will probably fill Shane in on the going on in Salem and that's how Shane will return to Salem.
Chad will be Kate's and Stephano's son. If he wasn't Kate's then what reason would Kate have for staying in Salem?
Kate still has her son Phillip, plus her grandson Will.

She has her current husband Stefano and two ex-husbands in Victor and Roman. (Plus an ex-fling/friend/business partner in EJ and an ex-boyfriend in Daniel)

She has past and possible future rivals in Vivian, Sami, Nicole and Chloe.

I'd say she has plenty of reason to stick around.

lysie
Member Avatar

TINA222
Apr 20 2010, 11:10 PM
He didnt raise Lexie either. but I find it hard to swallow that he would let someone else raise Chad. If he is EJ's maybe he thought he wasn't ready to be a father and worked behind the scenes controlling Chad's life. waiting for the day he could turn him into another soldier. Maybe they had a deal he wouldnt take him til he turned 18. I dont know. They will have to explain this very well for me to buy why Stefano didnt let him be a Dimera.
He didn't raise Megan or Renee either but he voluntarily didn't raise Benji and was going to voluntarily not raise EJ. So I just don't get why it would be hard to swallow. He's already done it.
Edited by lysie, Apr 20 2010, 11:17 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I would hate this SL of Chad being a DiMera because the actor is bad. At least Jessica Tuck's there to add to the SL. Not looking forward to when she leaves and this SL is left at CD's hands?!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I don't mind Casey, but I don't think he should be in with the teens. Pairing him with Mia was stupid. A Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie/Chad quad would have made more sense.

AlisonLou

lysie
Apr 20 2010, 10:58 PM
This was on the first page somewhere, but does anyone else think it's odd that Hope wasn't herself at Tom's funeral and now might not be at Alice's.

I find it odd and a bad move on the shows part if Hope isn't herself during the Alice memorial episodes.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

This all sounds really good. I'm pretty excited about Days right now! I can't wait to get through the junk they're showing now and build up to this Hope/Dr. Baker stuff and the Kate/Stefano/Madeline storyline. I really think/hope with all of my might that Chad is Princess Gina/Hope's kid with Steffie. That would be so amazing that they could really run with it for years! Can you imagine the buildup, the body, and then the fallout? Epic! It could really impact the show for years as all of the characters struggle to deal with it. It would affect so many characters: Bo, Hope, Ciara, Chad, EJ, Rafe, Gabi, Shawn-D who would need to come back, the Hortons in general...oy. Not to mention Stefano would have a new toy soldier to play with. The EJ/Chad story would be enough to keep me tuned in for years, especially considering the fact that they didn't like each other much with the Sydney/Grace story.

Hell TPTB seem to like Molly Burnett so much that they could throw Chad with Melanie and have a good ol' Romeo and Juliet storyline with 2 mothers battling it out while their newly found children are dating. Or maybe not..don't kill me guys! Just a thought....that's all. No pitchforks please. :P

I'll be so upset if Chad is just...Chad.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Apr 20 2010, 11:44 PM.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks, I look forward to the Viv and Alice stuff...The rest is MEH.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I say this now and I will say it again:

WAKE ME WHEN ITS JUNE.

Nicole Walker

Circus is the right word for what I just read.

cassie1013

soapfan4life
Apr 20 2010, 10:49 PM
How could Hope or Kate been pregnant at the same time as Sami and noone knew?
If chad is between 16-18, Hope was "dead" aka living as Gina. No one would have known.

Dr. Chip

When I saw Kate and Madeline exchange dirty looks the other day, the first thing I thought of was the character Kola Boof wanted to create -- was it Devon Wyntergrace? LOL

Nelson's column this week mentioned a secret DiMera in Salem. But aren't all DiMeras a secret? Renee, Megan, Peter and Kristen, Lexie, E.J. Wells . . .

I agree that "nighttime Hope" shouldn't attend Alice's funeral. It should be "daytime Hope." Hope had no memory and thought she was Gina during Tom's service, and that was really disappointing.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the mention of Maggie and Victor together. I have always thought that this would be such a strong pairing. Can you imagine Vivian vs. Maggie over Victor?

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Give me Shane & Rafe, that will leave a smile. The rest leaves a vomit taste in my mouth.

jane1978

Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 10:36 PM
Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 07:46 PM
Viewers will learn that Madeline has a past with Kate and Stefano. "Secrets will come from there that will be held for years to come... big stuff. It doesn't appear to be that way; it just seems like something from the past, but there's more to it than that."
I don't buy this at all. The way re-writes take place so often on this show? If the secrets of Madeline's past really take years to play out, by the time they're revealed they will have been re-written so many times no one will be able to make sense of it. Sort of like John's past.

Plus, isn't Jessica Tuck already done taping?
But there is hardly any rewrite in major story from the moment Tomlin came on. (I really donīt count the teens and honestly not even Maggie as the alcoholism was more like a pitch they decided to not follow than full fledged story) The only major story obviously crippled by rewrite was the Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie/Phillip quadrangle which they changed to make place for Carlyīs return and her reveal as Melīs mum/Danielīs ex-lover. But everything else goes firmly according to plan sometime even when it creates some lulls in the story (as when they decided to wait for Nicolīs return and dragged the Sydnapping, part 2 too much).

As for Jessica done with taping, I donīt she is. And she is recurring, so as long as Chadīs mum lives in Salem and isnīt murdered or something they can call her back anytime they want (and she agrees).

Kenny
Member Avatar

jane1978
Apr 21 2010, 01:29 AM
But there is hardly any rewrite in major story from the moment Tomlin came on.
But you never know when they're going to bring in a new head-writer or "man in charge" who will completely change course. It doesn't matter what this team is planning long-term. New people can come in at any time and mess it all up. Or Corday can get his hands in the mix and nix a story if it's not catching on. It's happened before, and I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

Not particularly overwhelmed by any of the s/ls, though I am looking forward to seeing some Ejami romance, without Rafe playing his turn as the interloper.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Quote:

EJ/Sami/Rafe/Stefano/Anna: With this story, Dena Higley has taken the cards of the baby-switch saga, tossed them into the air, re-shuffled and dealt them and "it's great." Rafe leaves Salem in search of Anna. He finally tracks her down and demands to know who paid her to kidnap Sydney. In South America, Anna is stunned when she bumps into a familiar face -- Calliope! Meanwhile, Rafe ends up in a South American jail and his cellmate is another familiar face. Back in Salem, EJ tries to keep his feelings for Sami a secret. Naturally, Sami is drawn to EJ, but she still misses Rafe.

I love that so much of this is about Rafe :wub: some adventure some intrigue while Sami is stuck in a rerun.lol. And oh the soap dreams if Rafe and Shane working together do for me. :wub:

Thanks for posting.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply