Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: May Sweeps Preview; May 4th issue
Topic Started: Apr 20 2010, 07:46 PM (7,748 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm just really happy they seem to be finding ways to keep Leann Hunley and Anna around :) I really hope she and Christie Clark share scenes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CapeSafe

samixxx
Apr 21 2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:

EJ/Sami/Rafe/Stefano/Anna: With this story, Dena Higley has taken the cards of the baby-switch saga, tossed them into the air, re-shuffled and dealt them and "it's great." Rafe leaves Salem in search of Anna. He finally tracks her down and demands to know who paid her to kidnap Sydney. In South America, Anna is stunned when she bumps into a familiar face -- Calliope! Meanwhile, Rafe ends up in a South American jail and his cellmate is another familiar face. Back in Salem, EJ tries to keep his feelings for Sami a secret. Naturally, Sami is drawn to EJ, but she still misses Rafe.

I love that so much of this is about Rafe :wub: some adventure some intrigue while Sami is stuck in a rerun.lol. And oh the soap dreams if Rafe and Shane working together do for me. :wub:

Thanks for posting.

Have to admit, even with all this yuk going on with Sami and EJ, love the fact we will have Rafe and Shane working together SWEET!!!!

As I keep hoping...my personal fantasy has Rafe sneaking into the mansion and ... well.. you know the rest :wub:

samixxx
Member Avatar

CapeSafe
Apr 21 2010, 07:31 AM
samixxx
Apr 21 2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:

EJ/Sami/Rafe/Stefano/Anna: With this story, Dena Higley has taken the cards of the baby-switch saga, tossed them into the air, re-shuffled and dealt them and "it's great." Rafe leaves Salem in search of Anna. He finally tracks her down and demands to know who paid her to kidnap Sydney. In South America, Anna is stunned when she bumps into a familiar face -- Calliope! Meanwhile, Rafe ends up in a South American jail and his cellmate is another familiar face. Back in Salem, EJ tries to keep his feelings for Sami a secret. Naturally, Sami is drawn to EJ, but she still misses Rafe.

I love that so much of this is about Rafe :wub: some adventure some intrigue while Sami is stuck in a rerun.lol. And oh the soap dreams if Rafe and Shane working together do for me. :wub:

Thanks for posting.

Have to admit, even with all this yuk going on with Sami and EJ, love the fact we will have Rafe and Shane working together SWEET!!!!

As I keep hoping...my personal fantasy has Rafe sneaking into the mansion and ... well.. you know the rest :wub:
You mean get distracted? Have pie? Snapping beltbuckles? :wub: They sure do enjoy their physical side. Sounds like a great fantasy to me.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i know i'm in the minority, but i'm irritated that they're throwing stephanie, chloe and philip under the bus so melanie looks as blameless in the upcoming mess as possible. i like SH and i'm concerned that this storyline is a dead end for her, or that they intend some kind of exit. i mean, they did the ' vindictive bitch' storyline with mia as a last resort and look what that led to. if they are going to do this, i wish they'd delve into stephanie and melanie's past relationship. i know the show wants us to totally forget that melanie was ever anything more than a innocent little ingenue, but exploring some of of the valid reasons stephanie has to despise melanie might make this storyline easier to swallow.

lastly, sami is a disgusting whore. when all this shit with ej hits the fan, and she inevitably goes crawling back to rafe, i hope he kicks her in the face.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

luvpumpkns
Apr 21 2010, 07:54 AM
i know i'm in the minority, but i'm irritated that they're throwing stephanie, chloe and philip under the bus so melanie looks as blameless in the upcoming mess as possible. i like SH and i'm concerned that this storyline is a dead end for her, or that they intend some kind of exit. i mean, they did the ' vindictive bitch' storyline with mia as a last resort and look what that led to. if they are going to do this, i wish they'd delve into stephanie and melanie's past relationship. i know the show wants us to totally forget that melanie was ever anything more than a innocent little ingenue, but exploring some of of the valid reasons stephanie has to despise melanie might make this storyline easier to swallow.

lastly, sami is a disgusting whore. when all this shit with ej hits the fan, and she inevitably goes crawling back to rafe, i hope he kicks her in the face.
Well, I'll be in the minority with you. They've been throwing Stephanie under the bus for Melanie for months now and as you say, if they would actually allow anyone to remember and discuss the little things like Melanie trying to frame Stephanie for murder that would make Stephanie's dislike for her understandable it would work a lot better. It really irritates me when people defend Melanie with stuff like, "But she wants Stephanie to be her friend and Stephanie agreed and now is stabbing her in the back." Stephanie should never have been forced into being Melanie's friend in the first place. The whole thing is completely ridiculous and I hate that an actress and a character I like keep getting sacrificed for Strawberry Shortcake. I already complained about Philip and Chloe getting thrown under the bus last week, but having read the day aheads too, Chloe's part of this equation plays out even worse, with stupid-secret-surgery-havin' Daniel calling out for Chloe while she's across town ready to act out with Philip on flimsy evidence without even confronting Daniel about his supposed infidelity.

As for Sami, yes and yes. I've despised Sami for years now but they really are piling on as far as I'm concerned with this emphasis on the fact that if she can't be with the one she loves she'll love the one she's with. Until the one she loves she comes back and she goes shrieking after him that if he had just been there for her she never would have kissed/fucked EJ. The only thing I really like about Rafe is that he hasn't been taking Sami's shit and I would love for him to tell her he has nothing but contempt for her if and when she tries to lay a guilt trip on him and insist all she really cares about is him.

esp13
Member Avatar

I'll be in the minority with luvpumpkins and Paxton too. I've hated watching Stephanie get sacrificed on the altar of St. Melanie for a long, long time. Now the show has apparently decided to go whole hog on the idea and really destroy the character just to make sure Melanie looks good. And, of course, throwing Chloe under the bus as well. Stupid show.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Sounds pretty decent..MUCH better than last years summer of suck!!Several stories I am interested in,tho I will say the whole Mel/Phil/Stef/Nathan thing,bores me to tears.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

LOL..if enough people say "I'm in the minority," then we'll be in the majority! I think some of the audience has also gotten tired of the Melanie and Sami can do no wrong show!

I'm not giving them my ratings .9887 point for lazy ass writing, pimping actors that can't act and overall bad hair/makeup! I wanna see pretty damnit! LOL
Edited by Liz<3Days, Apr 21 2010, 09:47 AM.

sungrey

Dr. Chip
Apr 21 2010, 01:20 AM
When I saw Kate and Madeline exchange dirty looks the other day, the first thing I thought of was the character Kola Boof wanted to create -- was it Devon Wyntergrace? LOL

Nelson's column this week mentioned a secret DiMera in Salem. But aren't all DiMeras a secret? Renee, Megan, Peter and Kristen, Lexie, E.J. Wells . . .

I agree that "nighttime Hope" shouldn't attend Alice's funeral. It should be "daytime Hope." Hope had no memory and thought she was Gina during Tom's service, and that was really disappointing.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the mention of Maggie and Victor together. I have always thought that this would be such a strong pairing. Can you imagine Vivian vs. Maggie over Victor?

Two words: Too soon.

Give Maggie a little more time to breathe. I'd rather they pursued Caroline/Victor since that's been the long-time story, but if Peggy McCay isn't in good health (which it sounds like she is) then what do you do?

Oh, and Shelley... I think I'd audition if I were you. Your character's toast in about six months. Just guessing. ;)
Edited by sungrey, Apr 21 2010, 10:12 AM.

Agent Orange

Quote:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm really hoping that Chad doesn't turn out to be Stefano and Hope's or Stefano and Kate's kid. First of all we don't need anymore surprise kids. and secondly it would totally mess up a time line and put more family confusion in the mix I think we just need something new. I know it is days and timelines mean nothing to them, but seriously Chad would be Will's uncle and they were all on our screens at the same time. How could Hope or Kate been pregnant at the same time as Sami and noone knew?

I also don't want Chad to be Hope and Stefano's kid. A story like that should be thought out well in advanced with clues sprinkled here and there. Chad's intro was too minor as Mia's baby daddy. I'd rather Chad be Stefano's grandchild of either Tony or Kristen. Stefano could have taken Chad from Kristen because he tought she was too crazy to raise him herself. Plus it if ED ever becomes available, it would give her a reason to be in Salem without John and Marlena being there.

lastDays
Member Avatar

I have to give a thumbs up for these previews.They sound a helluva lot better than they have the past few years.Some of these are out of the blue plots and I like that.All but the effing Rafe/Sami/EJ crap

AlisonLou

Agent Orange
Apr 21 2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm really hoping that Chad doesn't turn out to be Stefano and Hope's or Stefano and Kate's kid. First of all we don't need anymore surprise kids. and secondly it would totally mess up a time line and put more family confusion in the mix I think we just need something new. I know it is days and timelines mean nothing to them, but seriously Chad would be Will's uncle and they were all on our screens at the same time. How could Hope or Kate been pregnant at the same time as Sami and noone knew?

I also don't want Chad to be Hope and Stefano's kid. A story like that should be thought out well in advanced with clues sprinkled here and there. Chad's intro was too minor as Mia's baby daddy. I'd rather Chad be Stefano's grandchild of either Tony or Kristen. Stefano could have taken Chad from Kristen because he tought she was too crazy to raise him herself. Plus it if ED ever becomes available, it would give her a reason to be in Salem without John and Marlena being there.
I don't want that either! Hope's had enough long lost kids and kid troubles. She doesn't need another long lost kid. She already had to deal with Chelsea. I wonder if he could be Bo and Hope's son? Maybe she was pregnant when Stephano took her from Bo and Stephano kept the child from her so she could continue to do his bidding as Gina. Kate wanted Bo and Billie together so maybe she was in on it with Stephano? Just a thought. I doubt it's true!
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 21 2010, 09:01 PM.

King
Member Avatar

Wow!

This all sounds really great.

I am excited. I hope this summer is better than the spring! I bet it will be. Spring has been notoriously bad for DAYS more times than not in the past tenish years.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

I never got to read all of it And I think I'm going to LOVE IT! I can not wait!

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

luvpumpkns
Apr 21 2010, 07:54 AM

Yeah. ITA. :) She has the attention span of a gnat when it comes to men. I wish she'd grow a brain and maybe some dignity before attaching herself to another man.

AlisonLou

I fear they will turn hope into a whore like Sami with her sl!
I don't get the Hope hating men in her sl. She should be hating Carly.
Hope walked out on Bo. She didn't want Bo so why all the anger for him?
I remember Bo begging her to stay and Justin standing at the door and helping Hope move her things out.
Not to mention Hope taking Ciara away from Bo.
She didn't care about Bo's feelings then.
Bo shouldn't have slept with Carly and Hope shouldn't have been sharing a house with Justin and letting him stick his nose into her business.
Justin told Bo Hope was filing legal seperation papers and I think that is what pushed Bo into Carly's arms.
When Hope finds out you can bet Night Time Hope will want revenge on Justin for his lies and Day time Hope will probably just kick him to the curb.

Anyway these May spoilers don't give me any reason to tune into Days.
I would rather just read about what's happening.
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 22 2010, 07:15 PM.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Looking forward to how the writers flesh out the Hope story and I know the storyline with Alice's death is going to be tough to watch, be nice to see so many vets for that in June.

AlisonLou

Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 07:46 PM
May Sweeps Preview

"It's a circus, it really is a circus," previews Executive Producer Ken Corday. "I'm very excited. You're going to see faces popping up that you'd never expect, people crossing over that you'd never expect."

Hope/Dr. Baker/Arianna/Brady/Nicole: Hope's new saga really gets off the ground in May. She's acting strange -- nothing like the Hope we've seen in the past. There are mysterious muggings taking place all over Salem and everyone's getting whacked over the head. Hope is the mugger. Meanwhile, Arianna gets arrested which strains her relationship with Brady. Nicole comes face-to-face with Dr. Baker. Says Corday, "John Callahan is great. Dr. Baker is so much fun and it's a color we don't have on the show."

Alice: Salem is devastated when Alice's health takes a turn for the worse. "I think this will be the best memorial that has ever been done on a soap for an actor. But it really gets going in June."
I hope this Hope acting strange isn't a permanent thing.

If they don't explain why Hope is acting this way then how are the audience going to stay tuned into this story.

Also is Hope going to be acting strange at Alice's memorial?

When they said goodbye to Tom Hope wasn't herself. She was Gina. Is it going to be the same when tghey say goodbye to Alice?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply