Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Article: Hope is the Mugger!; May 4th issue
Topic Started: Apr 20 2010, 07:55 PM (7,633 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Paxton
Apr 20 2010, 08:34 PM
Is "nighttime Hope" just a manifestation of what "daytime Hope" really wants to do? Why did nighttime Hope both attack Justin and talk about marrying him--those seem incompatible if the issue is taking her rage at Bo out on all men? Unless the attack on Justin is a red herring?
I hadn't even thought of that.

You're right. It doesn't make sense.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This actually sounds good...for now.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Paxton
Apr 20 2010, 08:34 PM
I don't really get how this split personality thing is working. Is "nighttime Hope" just a manifestation of what "daytime Hope" really wants to do? Why did nighttime Hope both attack Justin and talk about marrying him--those seem incompatible if the issue is taking her rage at Bo out on all men? Unless the attack on Justin is a red herring?

Interesting, though! Thanks for posting!
Well, I think "nightime Hope" is all the pent up rage, frustration, anger, etc manifesting itself. KA alluded to all of that emotion and stress building up in Hope. The pills allow herself to let it all loose and to create this other personality.

As for why she would attack Justin and also want to marry him, I think that is clear. "Daytime" Hope wanted to try to get Justin and Adrienne back together but "nighttime" Hope wants Justin, probably because she knows Justin loves her and can be there for her and Ciara the way Bo isn't right now. "Nightrime" Hope was probably upset that Adrienne was around (even if it was Hope's doing, it was the daytime Hope that did it) and maybe noticed they still have a connection. Hell, since she's sneaking out at night and going to poker games, she probably saw Justin and Adrienne at the bar and saw them playing pool and enjoying each other's company. That pissed her off so she attacked Justin when he left.

I think this story should be fun. I figured Baker was the one benefiting from Hope's attacks on the men. She attacks and he keeps the money. Makes sense given who Baker is. Hope took his money, they got acquainted, and I would bet Hope gets pills from him in exchange for the money she steals from those she attacks.

cassie1013

LOL - seriously? Attacking men? How camp!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Apr 20 2010, 09:13 PM
As for why she would attack Justin and also want to marry him, I think that is clear. "Daytime" Hope wanted to try to get Justin and Adrienne back together but "nighttime" Hope wants Justin, probably because she knows Justin loves her and can be there for her and Ciara the way Bo isn't right now. "Nightrime" Hope was probably upset that Adrienne was around (even if it was Hope's doing, it was the daytime Hope that did it) and maybe noticed they still have a connection. Hell, since she's sneaking out at night and going to poker games, she probably saw Justin and Adrienne at the bar and saw them playing pool and enjoying each other's company. That pissed her off so she attacked Justin when he left.

I think this story should be fun. I figured Baker was the one benefiting from Hope's attacks on the men. She attacks and he keeps the money. Makes sense given who Baker is. Hope took his money, they got acquainted, and I would bet Hope gets pills from him in exchange for the money she steals from those she attacks.
Hopefully the show does as good of a job making sense of this as your fanwank ;)

I love that she referred to her character as Daytime Hope. :lol:

I have some trepidation about how this will end up, but for now I'm looking forward to it. TFP.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
"Daytime" Hope wanted to try to get Justin and Adrienne back together but "nighttime" Hope wants Justin, probably because she knows Justin loves her and can be there for her and Ciara the way Bo isn't right now.
That must be why Kristian Alfonso has been hammering it home in interviews lately that Hope sees Justin as only a friend even the show was flirting with them as something more. She knew we would be seeing a different side with "nighttime" Hope in the coming weeks.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I think KA plays bitch about as good as anyone and the PG saga was one if not my favorite DAYS SL, so I am all for PG, nighttime hope, or 4th meal Hope. Who cares what the name is, I just want to watch go bad again. Could it rub off on Lexie please?

Kenny
Member Avatar

Just an FYI, the photo that accompanies this article shows a terrified Dr. Baker holding his hands in the air as Hope aims a gun at him.

MarvinPepper
Member Avatar

This sounds totally awesome. Loving this story already. I'm hooked!!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 09:18 PM
PhoenixRising05
"Daytime" Hope wanted to try to get Justin and Adrienne back together but "nighttime" Hope wants Justin, probably because she knows Justin loves her and can be there for her and Ciara the way Bo isn't right now.
That must be why Kristian Alfonso has been hammering it home in interviews lately that Hope sees Justin as only a friend even the show was flirting with them as something more. She knew we would be seeing a different side with "nighttime" Hope in the coming weeks.
Yeah. That and she's really been emphasizing how Hope is stressed, exhausted, and repressing alot of anger and frustration. She can be angry and bitchy at times but I think what is happening is the floodgates open because of the pills. There is nothing to hold her back and she just behaves with a freedom and reckless abandon.

As long as the story keeps up the way it is, there isn't a problem. But this is one of those stories that can fall apart at the seams pretty easily.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 09:21 PM
Just an FYI, the photo that accompanies this article shows a terrified Dr. Baker holding his hands in the air as Hope aims a gun at him.
CAN'T WAIT :laugh: .

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 09:18 PM
PhoenixRising05
Kristian is no idiot.

DOOLFan85

Kirk
Apr 20 2010, 09:19 PM
I think KA plays bitch about as good as anyone and the PG saga was one if not my favorite DAYS SL, so I am all for PG, nighttime hope, or 4th meal Hope. Who cares what the name is, I just want to watch go bad again. Could it rub off on Lexie please?
Did you watch those old Melrose Place episodes... very good!

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

I'm almost as excited for this as I am for EJami! That's never happened before! :lol:

fancyface78
Member Avatar

DOOLFan85
Apr 20 2010, 09:27 PM
Kirk
Apr 20 2010, 09:19 PM
Did you watch those old Melrose Place episodes... very good!
Actually check out her character on MacGuyer

AlisonLou

Alot of of people are making fun of Hope now because of this. They think night Hope is funny and stupid and are picking on her.
I wonder if this is what the writers wanted?
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 20 2010, 10:52 PM.

Ana75
Member Avatar

I can't wait to see how this will all play out but so glad that Doc Baker is back. :D

Kenny
Member Avatar

AlisonLou
Apr 20 2010, 10:52 PM
Alot of of people are making fun of Hope now because of this. They think night Hope is funny and stupid and are picking on her.
What does it matter? It's about time we had a story that's actually fun and interesting.

I have my worries, but for now, I'm enjoying it.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 10:58 PM
AlisonLou
Apr 20 2010, 10:52 PM
What does it matter? It's about time we had a story that's actually fun and interesting.

I have my worries, but for now, I'm enjoying it.
Exactly. It may be campy - but I think the show needs a shot in the arm with something off the wall like this.

And KA gave me a major case of the creeps in that scene at the end of Monday's show...in a good, soapy way. I'm looking forward to seeing her dig in to this story. And I agree with whomever said Bo ought to just settle in out in CA - otherwise, prepare to get his noggin' knocked. :lol:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

It's interesting and I am enjoying it too. It want to see "Nighttime Hope" in a scene with Bo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply