Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Interview with Melissa Reeves; "I'm open to working. It's in their ballpark..."
Topic Started: Apr 20 2010, 09:53 PM (3,201 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Soap Opera Digest caught up with Melissa Reeves on her first day back at Days of Our Lives.

"It was the best day ever," gushes Melissa Reeves. "I did not sleep last night. I just tossed and turned, 'cause I kept going over my lines. I just thought, 'I don't want to go in tomorrow and forget a line.' That would be so horrible and unprofessional."

On Missy's first day back, she worked with Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso. She says it felt like she never left. "It's the weirdest thing. I've been gone for three-and-a-half years, but walking in here, I felt like I hadn't been gone at all. This show is such a huge part of my life." She considers this return a huge gift.

Melissa confesses that she thought her days at Days were over for good when she left the show three-and-a-half years ago. "I really never thought I'd walk through those doors again," she admits. "I just think as you get older, maybe your character isn't needed as much. But I've had such a great life here. Walking around here and being older, I appreciate everything differently. It's a blast."

Unfortunately, the reason Jennifer returns to Salem is a sad one. "It's great to be back and sad at the same time, because the whole storyline is about Frances passing. We need to boo-hoo over her for a while. It's going to be a rough couple of days..."

As for how long she'll stay in Salem, Missy teases, "I don't know. It's sort of in their ballpark. I love it and I'm definitely open to working. Emily's going to be here in CA going to College. Scott's at GH. I might as well do something..."

Missy's first airdate is June 9th.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DAMN. Sounds like she would work even if they didn't give her a contract. Really, there is no excuse for them to not at least offer her recurring.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I won't get my hopes up, I won't get my hopes up, I won't get my hopes up ...

Except I probably will.

ETA -- Jeez, sorry: thanks for posting!
Edited by DesignatedShelley, Apr 20 2010, 10:17 PM.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

It sounds like she she's sticking around for at least a little while. If not, I think they would have mentioned how long she was staying in Salem. I can't wait to see Missy on screen again.

Vicky4Mimi

IMissAremid
Apr 20 2010, 09:54 PM
DAMN. Sounds like she would work even if they didn't give her a contract. Really, there is no excuse for them to not at least offer her recurring.
no excuse at all!! I love Missy and will enjoy any scenes we get with her!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

It does sound like she's sticking around longer then expected and she seems so much more happy with the show then she did when she left, not that I can blame her.

There really is no reason not to at least offer recurring or maybe a contract with a reduced guarantee. I would do the same thing for Bryan Dattilo. Just use them when needed. Days has done a good job with that sort of thing.

She sounds totally into staying and the show should jump on it. In fact, I think they HAVE to.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 20 2010, 10:01 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Vicky4Mimi
Apr 20 2010, 09:59 PM
IMissAremid
no excuse at all!! I love Missy and will enjoy any scenes we get with her!
Agreed! C'mon DAYS - get it together and get Jennifer (and Jack) back on screen.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

billyjill
Apr 20 2010, 09:56 PM
I won't get my hopes up, I won't get my hopes up, I won't get my hopes up ...

Except I probably will.
:lol:

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

I hope a few of them are open to staying as recurring roles..

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Hope she sticks around.

AlisonLou

I would love for Jen to be on the show more! She will be one of the few bright spots on the show in the coming montyh or so. I'm glad she has scenes with Bo and Hope(Peter and Kristian) together. Sounds like they are together for this. I'd actually like Kim and Kayla to stick around for awhile too!
Edited by AlisonLou, Apr 20 2010, 10:09 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Finally, Jen as the ray of sunshine on such a fuckin boring and dire DAYS would be a huge lift. I know they probably wouldnt give her any story, but I love thinking that another Horton being there! (Just dont have her get sucked in by Melanie!)

I would love for Abby to come back too!

YAY for Missy and thanks for posting!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am not a big fan of Jennifer, but I wouldn't mind seeing her back right now. I wonder what they would do about Jack though?

Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
If they do bring her back with a contract, I hope they actually give her a story instead of just having her be a support beam for Bope/Carly/etc.

Kenny
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Apr 20 2010, 09:57 PM
It sounds like she she's sticking around for at least a little while. If not, I think they would have mentioned how long she was staying in Salem. I can't wait to see Missy on screen again.
This will probably be like the Anna thing. They'll bring her back, use her as a supporting player for other characters, and then when she's fulfilled whatever need they had for her, they'll write her out again.

It's too bad we'll probably never see Jennifer in a story of her own again.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Apr 20 2010, 10:19 PM
IMissAremid
If they do bring her back with a contract, I hope they actually give her a story instead of just having her be a support beam for Bope/Carly/etc.
I'm not sure about a story but I think they wouldn't keep her for no reason. Whenever they've brought someone back, they've always had a reason to and, if they've kept them, it's been for a reason.

I just don't know what she can do, especially if they don't bring Jack back. Plus, do they split them up again if they keep her? There are alot of issues. I want her back only because I feel she has alot to offer the canvas and the show needs the Horton's right now so I don't care how they handle it. There is just alot they need to work out first.

Personally, I say just bring her and MA back on recurring or a reduced guarantee. Have them involved as reporters and just use them in supporting roles. I think that would work. Just having them around and somewhat active would be great.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Isn't Matt busy doing plays and stuff? He might not want to come back.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ I thought I read somewhere that he's in the touring production of Mama Mia?

darraholic
Member Avatar
#TeamBeastModePrincess

With Titan TV they could have Jennifer working.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I knew once Scott Reeves landed on GH, Missy would be open to coming back to DAYS.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply