Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Interview with Melissa Reeves; "I'm open to working. It's in their ballpark..."
Topic Started: Apr 20 2010, 09:53 PM (3,251 Views)
DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

It certainly couldn't hurt to see her just in a supporting role, it would keep her in people's memories and who can say where that would lead. Maybe nothing's foreseeable for now, but there are always contingencies. Personally I don't think they have to split up J&J or have MA back to find something for Missy to do, even though I would very much want both of them back (even as supporting; hard enough for Hope to get a storyline), because another visible option IMO is a Horton storyline, it's just that they'd have to make that a priority first, and I am not sure I see that happening with TPTB.

It would really be such a shame to lose a vital Horton link entirely. For whatever reason, I think she's more associated with that family than Hope in the average viewer's mind.

Matt is currently on tour with Mamma Mia, that ends in late June. Personally I don't think he'd say no to Days if they asked.
Edited by DesignatedShelley, Apr 20 2010, 10:32 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dylan76
Member Avatar

This show needs Missy back. Jennifer is one of DAYS' trademark characters in my opinion. Missy has always been a breath of fresh air because her personality shines through into her character.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I like Missy Reeves, but I wish I was more excited about Jennifer's return, but I'm not. I got tired of this character after the whole Jack&Jennifer romance.

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Apr 20 2010, 10:27 PM
^ I thought I read somewhere that he's in the touring production of Mama Mia?
I thought I heard that his role in Mama Mia ends sometime in June.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

dc cubs
Apr 20 2010, 10:36 PM
Liz<3Days
Even better, get him back to DAYS and start up the Salem Spectator Online or something. DAYS is missing its heart and with Missy it will get that back. With MA it'll get back its comedy. Every story is so fuckin serious.

But I fear that the writing's not there....so although I would LOVE J&J back, I dont want them as pale comparisons to what they were in the 90s. I hated their SL last time they were at DAYS. The only thing they had was Jack and Steve working together and that was way too short because MA left.
Edited by Liz<3Days, Apr 21 2010, 09:11 AM.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

So looking forward to her return! Thanks so much for sharing!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
Liz<3Days
Yep.

Matt has been treated like crap so many times and came back. He came back for that brief 2-3 episode stint in April 2007 too. I'm sure he would return, especially with Missy there already.

peaches179

Sounds good. Thanks for posting! :)

DOOL1965

I would love to have MR/Jennifer stick around longer. JMO, She would add so much more to the show than cc/carly does. If anyone should be on recurring contract, it should have been cc. MR and BD are much better and are also part of the Horton family.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I would love for Jennifer to come back full time. Days can sure use the extra Horton right now, especially with Lucas gone.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i would be over the moon if either missy or matt came back. hopefully they'll get a better storyline this time that that stupid tv show they were doing the last time.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Oh! Did Jennifer Rose just say she was open to coming back? All I need to hear is Matt say the same.

Corday would be an idiot not to jump on this. Hmm...

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

My summer would be perfect if they would hire her back...hehe.Lets hope they get it done :)

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

PhoenixRising05
Apr 20 2010, 10:54 PM
dc cubs
Liz<3Days
Yep.

Matt has been treated like crap so many times and came back. He came back for that brief 2-3 episode stint in April 2007 too. I'm sure he would return, especially with Missy there already.
Well, maybe fingers hoping - I can see Matt in person... I'm seeing Mama Mia here in Toronto next Thursday..SO can not wait. Didn't realize until I saw this thread late last night that he'd be in the tour production... SO excited! Maybe Jennifer can allude to it on-screen that he decided to go and do some singing and dancing :laugh:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Love, love, love to have her back!

robolynn

I'm so happy to have Melissa back!!!! And I'm still hoping for Matthew to be next! Loved Jennifer and Jack and would love to see both of them back as regulars.

dylan76
Member Avatar

As much as I want to see Jenn back, I DO NOT want Jack back. I don't understand all the love for him- or matt ashford.

BradyB

We need to get Jennifer back in Salem. TPTB would be stupid to not let her stick around in Salem!!! Im afraid since she is out there someone else will be trying to get her if Days doesn't first!!!! Of course, we know TPTB aren't the smartest people!!

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Missy has said in the past that if she was to come back to work, it would be to Days. Days is her family, she's never really seemed interested in other soaps. Can't say for sure, obviously, but there's that.

LastLicks
Member Avatar

Trying not to get my hopes up but it's definitely positive news so far. I'd LOVE for her and Matt Ashford to return full-time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply