Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: May Sweeps Preview; May 4th issue
Topic Started: Apr 22 2010, 01:10 PM (3,114 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I actually like these spoilers better than the SOD one.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Manda1
Apr 22 2010, 01:42 PM
Can someone help me out with who the two heroine’s almost at breaking point are?
I would say Hope and... I dunno. Are there any heroines on this show other than her? Carly, perhaps? Maybe Chloe? Stephanie?

six
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 01:35 PM
six
Apr 22 2010, 01:31 PM
Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 01:22 PM
Stefano takes Will under his wing? How incredibly random.
That's actually pretty classic Stefano, imo. He always used to want a Brady soldier. I'm just surprised Will could get taken in by him. He's usually good at seeing through that kind of thing.
Oh, I understand that.

The reason I said it's random is because, well... I just can't see Will becoming a DiMera soldier. In any capacity. The physical juxtaposition between big bad Stefano and gay-face Will is going to be interesting to watch, LoL.
lmao. I guess I have no gaydar, because I can't see the "gay-face" thing, but ita about not being able to picture Will as a pawn for Stefano. Will reminds me more of someone's uncle who's struggling to make the kids think he's cool, and failing miserably.

I like the magstor mashup and tagline a lot better than mictor. Let me know when the board is up and running. ;) We'll need to come up with some petty names for the victians.

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 22 2010, 01:45 PM
I'm really not liking any potential pairing with Maggie and Victor. It's just not right, especially for Maggie's character. I don't think she would ever fall for someone like Victor. Ever. And so soon after Mickey's death? I doubt anything major happens so soon, like romance, but it looks like it's going to head that way. Not liking that at all.
I have my reservations about this too, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not thrilled the show is at least attempting an "older" romance. And with Maggie. Suzanne Rogers is too good to waste in the background. Ten years ago, who would've ever imagined she'd be getting even a little bit of focus today?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

DrewHamilton
I actually like these spoilers better than the SOD one.
Me too, from an informational standpoint, though of course these lack that signature Corday WTFery, such as his comment about Dena reshuffling and tossing the baby switch cards up in the air.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

The Victor/Maggie one sounds interesting. Better than Victor and Vivian- sorry I just can't stand her. But it's not enough for me to tune in for.

The Alice thing will be sad though. I just wish I was excited about some of the returns.

I just wish there was some Justin mentioned. :( I hope he's there to help Hope.

The rest of it just seems boring.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 01:49 PM
DrewHamilton
I'm really not liking any potential pairing with Maggie and Victor. It's just not right, especially for Maggie's character. I don't think she would ever fall for someone like Victor. Ever. And so soon after Mickey's death? I doubt anything major happens so soon, like romance, but it looks like it's going to head that way. Not liking that at all.
I have my reservations about this too, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not thrilled the show is at least attempting an "older" romance. And with Maggie. Suzanne Rogers is too good to waste in the background. Ten years ago, who would've ever imagined she'd be getting even a little bit of focus today?
Yeah, it's great to see Maggie featured. However, I don't want to see Maggie ruined just to see her.

Kenny
Member Avatar

six
lmao. I guess I have no gaydar, because I can't see the "gay-face" thing
Really? You don't see the gay in his face?

Posted Image

He'd make a really pretty woman.

six
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 01:46 PM
Manda1
Can someone help me out with who the two heroine’s almost at breaking point are?
I would say Hope and... I dunno. Are there any heroines on this show other than her? Carly, perhaps? Maybe Chloe? Stephanie?
Based on the spoilers about Stephanie going bad, I'm thinking it's her.

I really hope Sami is at least partially back to herself when she moves into the mansion, and we get some classic Sami/Kate scenes.
Edited by six, Apr 22 2010, 01:55 PM.

heartsaver

I have to laugh at the notion that Will was brainwashed by the Bradys into seeing Stefano as a monster. Hello. Stefano IS a monster. The man literally tortured Will's grandparents for years. Will having anything to do with Stefano makes him an ungrateful and pathetic little asswipe. I hope when Lucas comes back to Salem that he and Roman get together and beat the snot out of him.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I don't think a Victor romance would ruin Maggie. True it doesn't seem like the most natural thing, just something to occupy her since they can't write good creative storylines worth shit, but ruin? At this point, propping Melanie 24/7 hurts my feelings way more than a potential Victor romance.

Kenny
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Apr 22 2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah, it's great to see Maggie featured. However, I don't want to see Maggie ruined just to see her.
I don't think pairing Maggie with Victor would ruin her. They would just have to play it right and definitely not rush into it. The spoiler says she sees a "new side" of him, so perhaps Victor begins to soften a bit.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 01:52 PM
six

Posted Image

To me he just looks young and babyfaced. He could well be gay but I've never thought that just looking at him.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

heartsaver
Apr 22 2010, 01:53 PM
I have to laugh at the notion that Will was brainwashed by the Bradys into seeing Stefano as a monster. Hello. Stefano IS a monster. The man literally tortured Will's grandparents for years. Will having anything to do with Stefano makes him an ungrateful and pathetic little asswipe. I hope when Lucas comes back to Salem that he and Roman get together and beat the snot out of him.
While I agree, Will never had one on one time with Stefano. We've seen Stefano being sympathetic and caring for his own family. Yes, he can be the evil bastard that his repuation gives him. However, when you're on Stefano's good side, he can be a good guy. It's going to be interesting to see Will see this for the first time and question if everything that he's been told, growing up, is true about "big and bad" Stefano DiMera.

Kenny
Member Avatar

six
I really hope Sami is at least partially back to herself when she moves into the mansion, and we get some classic Sami/Kate scenes.
That would be nice, but I want more than just scenes. I want a story. A good story.

This never-ending Sami/EJ/Rafe merry-go-round isn't a story to me. I'm so bored of it. And Sami moving into the mansion just seems odd. It seems forced.

six
Member Avatar

Kenny
six

Posted Image

Yea, I see what you're saying in that shot, but he doesn't look nearly as pretty on screen.

I gave up on a nice well rounded story with people acting in character months ago. It would be a pleasant and welcome surprise, though
Edited by six, Apr 22 2010, 01:59 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

billyjill
Apr 22 2010, 01:54 PM
I don't think a Victor romance would ruin Maggie. True it doesn't seem like the most natural thing, just something to occupy her since they can't write good creative storylines worth shit, but ruin? At this point, propping Melanie 24/7 hurts my feelings way more than a potential Victor romance.
Maybe ruin was the wrong word. I would rather see Maggie continue to be looked at as the ear of Salem and get screen time, rather than be placed in a contrived pairing witht he last man that she would ever consider a romantic partner, just to see her in a story. I've always said that I would rather not see the veterans than see them featured heavily and in horrible storylines that hurt the character and the character's history.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 01:46 PM
Manda1
Remember Sami has been made into a Heroine and I can see her being at a breaking point if Steffy takes Will under his wing....lol...

This would be a good time to keep BD....and they say they didn't have storyline for Lucas? That is such bs

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 01:54 PM
DrewHamilton
Apr 22 2010, 01:51 PM
I don't think pairing Maggie with Victor would ruin her. They would just have to play it right and definitely not rush into it. The spoiler says she sees a "new side" of him, so perhaps Victor begins to soften a bit.
Perhaps. If they play it right. It would definitely have to be Victor pursuing Maggie for a while for it to be right. Not the other way around.

There must be something preventing Peggy McCay from taping a lot. A Caroline/Victor/Vivian triangle would be much better suitable for all three involved. However, McCay's screentime has gone down a lot lately. She must not be able to tape as much anymore.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 01:56 PM
six
That would be nice, but I want more than just scenes. I want a story. A good story.

This never-ending Sami/EJ/Rafe merry-go-round isn't a story to me. I'm so bored of it. And Sami moving into the mansion just seems odd. It seems forced.
Sami moving into the mansion seems so very 2008.....oh wait!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply