Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: May Sweeps Preview; May 4th issue
Topic Started: Apr 22 2010, 01:10 PM (3,087 Views)
Ellie

Paxton
Apr 22 2010, 01:50 PM
DrewHamilton
Apr 22 2010, 01:45 PM
I actually like these spoilers better than the SOD one.
Me too, from an informational standpoint, though of course these lack that signature Corday WTFery, such as his comment about Dena reshuffling and tossing the baby switch cards up in the air.
But that might seriously be what she did.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Apr 22 2010, 02:01 PM
Paxton
DrewHamilton
Me too, from an informational standpoint, though of course these lack that signature Corday WTFery, such as his comment about Dena reshuffling and tossing the baby switch cards up in the air.
If by "cards" you mean, "scripts from 2008" and by "reshuffle," you meant "scratch out Lucas's name and write Rafe's," then he probably did mean it literally.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Apr 22 2010, 01:57 PM
Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 01:52 PM
six
Apr 22 2010, 01:49 PM
lmao. I guess I have no gaydar, because I can't see the "gay-face" thing
Really? You don't see the gay in his face?

Posted Image

He'd make a really pretty woman.
Yea, I see what you're saying in that shot, but he doesn't look nearly as pretty on screen.

I gave up on a nice well rounded story with people acting in character months ago. It would be a pleasant and welcome surprise, though
I don't notice the gay face so much onscreen. Mostly because I'm distracted by the crazy eyes. Maybe Stefano's planning on using those crazy eyes to his advantage.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
I really like the spoiler about Stefano taking Will under his wing. That sounds like a great idea! All his life, Will has been brought up to believe that Stefano is some big scary monster. It's going to be interesting for him to really get to know Stefano and see a side of him that the Bradys don't brainwash their own into seeing.
Drew,

Didn't you have something like that happening in your blog? I feel like I read that idea before somewhere. I like it.

You know, Sami knew all about how awful Stefano was back in the day when she was a teen but that didn't stop her from getting mixed up with him in the Belle kidnapping. And Lucas knew the DiMeras were bad news but that didn't stop him from working to Tony DiMera for a while. I think Will becoming a DiMera "soldier" is a bit much, but him learning to enjoy the DiMera lifestyle or enjoying Stefano lavishing him with a cool sports car or new computer or something, maybe even just enjoying Stefano teaching him how to play chess... I could see that. Then over time maybe he decides he wants to earn a little extra money, or Stefano asks Will for his computer expertise help on some project and then he could start to get pulled in. Didn't the old Will (Chris Gerse) do some things for EJ for money back in the day helping him set up spying equipment on a computer, even though he hated EJ's guts?

Whatever gets Will on the path to being more of a hellion as he should be, I'm all for it.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Ellie
Paxton
DrewHamilton
:roflol:

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie
Paxton
DrewHamilton
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dena Higley: "Mr. Corday, I've got a few story ideas here that I'd like you to take a look at. I've written them down on index cards. Would you like to give them a quick scan and tell me what you think?"

Ken Corday: "Sure. I'll give 'em a look-see while you service me. I'll clear out the space under my desk. Hand me the cards."

Dena Higley: "But... Mr. Corday, I thought you said I wouldn't have to do that anymore. I got the ratings up like you asked."

Ken Corday: "Our demos are down. Way down. We haven't had Ben & Jerry's in months. Do you know how badly I've been craving Cherry Garcia? You owe me a knob slob."

Dena Higley: "But... but... I have an autistic son."

Ken Corday: "I don't care."

Furious, Dena tosses the cards into the air.

Dena Higley: "Go fetch."

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 01:23 PM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 22 2010, 01:20 PM
SOW shouldn't even bother. Their previews are as much of a joke now as SID's.
What? I thought you liked vague spoilers? LoL
I do. I thought the SOD ones were vague enough too. I just think these are a waste. They are tidbits. Sure, they are better then usual, probably because there are more of them rather then the usual 4-5, but it's still not worth it. They just don't seem like previews to me but I guess that is how they differentiate the SOD and SOW ones. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood. How ironic that the one time I hate something pretty much everyone else likes it :laugh: .

As for the whole Will/Stefano thing, we see the start of it tomorrow. They play chess together and it's pretty cool. I think they started this up when Kate set up Will to let Stefano visit with Sydney. Will caved pretty easily and you can tell he was susceptible to Stefano's manipulation and "poor me" act so I can see this working out. It's going to create alot of good stuff with Sami, Stefano, and Kate.

To me, Maggie/Victor is the same dynamic as Caroline/Victor except Caroline and Victor had a romance and a child and Caroline knew him before he became a big bad crime boss. So, to me, I can buy them together providing they play the beats right. The scenes they had a few weeks ago were nice and struck the right chord. She called him on his shit and he seemed to have a respect for her as a result and seemed enamored. They just need to take their time with it and play it right. My feeling is that this Maggie/Victor thing was not part of the plan and that it's the replacement story for Maggie's illness. I'm convinced they dropped that because of FR's passing. Maggie's illness began to be filmed a few weeks before Frances died and the story was all but dropped in all the episodes taped after Frances' death. Not to mention, Maggie's airtime has been scarce. I think they probably had to change course and that is why we haven't seen her much and the illness is a non-issue, not that I thought it was going to be a huge story anyway. Just a supporting one.

But I do think it's clear something is up with Peggy McKay. They only seem to use her once every like 4 months.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 02:12 PM
Ellie
Paxton

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dena Higley: "Mr. Corday, I've got a few story ideas here that I'd like you to take a look at. I've written them down on index cards. Would you like to give them a quick scan and tell me what you think?"

Ken Corday: "Sure. I'll give 'em a look-see while you service me. I'll clear out the space under my desk. Hand me the cards."

Dena Higley: "But... Mr. Corday, I thought you said I wouldn't have to do that anymore. I got the ratings up like you asked."

Ken Corday: "Our demos are down. Way down. We haven't had Ben & Jerry's in months. Do you know how badly I've been craving Cherry Garcia? You owe me a knob slob."

Dena Higley: "But... but... I have an autistic son."

Ken Corday: "I don't care."

Furious, Dena tosses the cards into the air.

Dena Higley: "Go fetch."
:laugh:

You forgot Tomlin and Whitesell, who probably sent her in with a earpiece to give her the ideas to present to Corday :laugh: .

heartsaver

DrewHamilton
Apr 22 2010, 01:55 PM
heartsaver
Apr 22 2010, 01:53 PM
I have to laugh at the notion that Will was brainwashed by the Bradys into seeing Stefano as a monster. Hello. Stefano IS a monster. The man literally tortured Will's grandparents for years. Will having anything to do with Stefano makes him an ungrateful and pathetic little asswipe. I hope when Lucas comes back to Salem that he and Roman get together and beat the snot out of him.
While I agree, Will never had one on one time with Stefano. We've seen Stefano being sympathetic and caring for his own family. Yes, he can be the evil bastard that his repuation gives him. However, when you're on Stefano's good side, he can be a good guy. It's going to be interesting to see Will see this for the first time and question if everything that he's been told, growing up, is true about "big and bad" Stefano DiMera.
I disagree completely. Stefano has never been sympathetic or caring towards his family. He has always cared only about himself. He cares about his family only to the extent that he can control them and convince them to carry on his own warped legacy. If his family does exactly as he wishes then he is happy with them but purely for selfish reasons. There is no other side to Stefano and there never has been. He is completely selfish and evil.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 22 2010, 02:13 PM
Kenny
PhoenixRising05
Apr 22 2010, 01:20 PM
SOW shouldn't even bother. Their previews are as much of a joke now as SID's.
What? I thought you liked vague spoilers? LoL
I do. I thought the SOD ones were vague enough too. I just think these are a waste. They are tidbits. Sure, they are better then usual, probably because there are more of them rather then the usual 4-5, but it's still not worth it. They just don't seem like previews to me but I guess that is how they differentiate the SOD and SOW ones. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood. How ironic that the one time I hate something pretty much everyone else likes it :laugh: .
Just practicing for when I win the bet? :laugh:

lysie
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Apr 22 2010, 02:08 PM
DrewHamilton
I really like the spoiler about Stefano taking Will under his wing. That sounds like a great idea! All his life, Will has been brought up to believe that Stefano is some big scary monster. It's going to be interesting for him to really get to know Stefano and see a side of him that the Bradys don't brainwash their own into seeing.
Drew,

Didn't you have something like that happening in your blog? I feel like I read that idea before somewhere. I like it.

You know, Sami knew all about how awful Stefano was back in the day when she was a teen but that didn't stop her from getting mixed up with him in the Belle kidnapping. And Lucas knew the DiMeras were bad news but that didn't stop him from working to Tony DiMera for a while. I think Will becoming a DiMera "soldier" is a bit much, but him learning to enjoy the DiMera lifestyle or enjoying Stefano lavishing him with a cool sports car or new computer or something, maybe even just enjoying Stefano teaching him how to play chess... I could see that. Then over time maybe he decides he wants to earn a little extra money, or Stefano asks Will for his computer expertise help on some project and then he could start to get pulled in. Didn't the old Will (Chris Gerse) do some things for EJ for money back in the day helping him set up spying equipment on a computer, even though he hated EJ's guts?

Whatever gets Will on the path to being more of a hellion as he should be, I'm all for it.
I agree. And I don't think it's been drummed in his head that the DiMeras are bad anyway. Until 2006, Sami stayed away from all the DiMera conflicts. I don't happen to have the opinion that the Bradys never looked for good in the DiMeras anyway, but even if that were true Will was kept away from that because Sami was involved in completely different stories.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Quote:

Quote:

You have a lot of people rooting for you. :lol:

Manda1

Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 01:56 PM
six
Apr 22 2010, 01:52 PM
I really hope Sami is at least partially back to herself when she moves into the mansion, and we get some classic Sami/Kate scenes.
That would be nice, but I want more than just scenes. I want a story. A good story.

This never-ending Sami/EJ/Rafe merry-go-round isn't a story to me. I'm so bored of it. And Sami moving into the mansion just seems odd. It seems forced.
Sami moving into the Dimera mansion is insane writing!

EJ tried to stop her taking Johnny out of that mansion the last time she tried to leave after living there....why would she risk a repeat?

There has been absolutely NO build up showing on Sami’s side why she would suddenly switch her last 2-year mantra and go and live in the Dimera mansion.....she’s saying hell no this week of OK then ‘What shall I pack?’ next week – would it be fair to say that this is obviously an impulsive decision on Sami’s part that hasn’t been really thought through? There is no build up to this story it is moving at warp speed!

Week 1 Will you move in to the Dimera dungeons [Sami’s words not mine]?
Week 2 kiss and reconnect
Week 3 moving in to the Dimera dungeons with everyone except for Allie
Week 4 sex under duress maybe [better not ask JS to describe it what actually is sex under duress anyway?)
Week 5 lies exposed and ejami over for another 2-years! One can only hope!

For Sami without being brain washed to voluntarily go and live at Di mansion with Stefano and Kate – another person that she knows hates her guts and tried to poison Chloe.....? As I said Sami is looking a little mentally ill in this storyline! Sami just wouldn’t go on this suicide mission if she was sane.....JMO....she would have thrown EJ out so that Will would have not moved out....

It is so contrived so that we can have an Ejami story [such as it is] apart from EJ lying through his teeth to Sami in every episode I don’t see that they have a story at the moment. Covering up with lies on a daily basis for me does not a riveting or even sweeps ‘story’ make.

Ejami is not just a rape-mance it's now a lie-mance! Can't wait to it explodes into a million fragments so it's impossible to imagine recovery of that diabolical paring!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Drew,

I had Will interacting with Stefano due to Will dating Stefano's adopted daughter, Breanna.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

heartsaver
Apr 22 2010, 02:14 PM
DrewHamilton
Apr 22 2010, 01:55 PM
heartsaver
Apr 22 2010, 01:53 PM
I have to laugh at the notion that Will was brainwashed by the Bradys into seeing Stefano as a monster. Hello. Stefano IS a monster. The man literally tortured Will's grandparents for years. Will having anything to do with Stefano makes him an ungrateful and pathetic little asswipe. I hope when Lucas comes back to Salem that he and Roman get together and beat the snot out of him.
While I agree, Will never had one on one time with Stefano. We've seen Stefano being sympathetic and caring for his own family. Yes, he can be the evil bastard that his repuation gives him. However, when you're on Stefano's good side, he can be a good guy. It's going to be interesting to see Will see this for the first time and question if everything that he's been told, growing up, is true about "big and bad" Stefano DiMera.
I disagree completely. Stefano has never been sympathetic or caring towards his family. He has always cared only about himself. He cares about his family only to the extent that he can control them and convince them to carry on his own warped legacy. If his family does exactly as he wishes then he is happy with them but purely for selfish reasons. There is no other side to Stefano and there never has been. He is completely selfish and evil.
Yes. Controlling his family is caring to Stefano. It's the way he shows his love. Is it right? No. But when Stefano has these feelings towards you, he usually treats you nicely and you see a side of Stefano that you're not familiar with. And I'm sure he's looking forward to controlling Will.

Ellie

LOL! Love all the replies. It was just so funny to me, everyone's been saying that the baby switch just needs to end (and I think the ratings back that up), the story is taking so many 'WTF?' twists and turns, then Ken makes that quote about Dena with the cards, and I was like, "Ohhhh! That explains it!" Like if this man sees value in completely mixing up a story that's ALREADY AT ITS END, well, that says a lot about him. How about, you know, actually writing a new story for these people?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Apr 22 2010, 02:15 PM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 22 2010, 02:13 PM
Kenny

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepliked vague spoilers? LoL
:laugh:

Not at all. I have no worries about that :wink: .

I've just been sick for a week and a half and couldn't take anymore time off from work :frustration: .

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Angie79
Apr 22 2010, 01:10 PM
Please link to DR.

As spring gets under way in Salem, pasts are explored and a pair of heroines find themselves at the breaking point.

-Stefano takes Will under his wing, much to Sami's dismay.

-Brady is stunned when he learns more about Arianna's shady past.

-All of Salem is devasted when Alice Horton's health takes a turn for the worse.
That's all I'm looking forward come May..

Oooh! That Steffy one looks good... Didn't Lucas & Sami bond sometime after Lucas began working with Tony? Maybe, we'll see some classic flashbacks and Sami asking Lucas for help...And then they turn to each other.. :whee:

lastDays
Member Avatar

Danloe move up their wedding plans? I smell a wedding Day disaster coming with the one night stand reveal.Who will do it,Carly or Nathan? Like some of the other spoilers,too

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 22 2010, 02:15 PM
IMissAremid
DrewHamilton
Drew,

I agree. And I don't think it's been drummed in his head that the DiMeras are bad anyway. Until 2006, Sami stayed away from all the DiMera conflicts. I don't happen to have the opinion that the Bradys never looked for good in the DiMeras anyway, but even if that were true Will was kept away from that because Sami was involved in completely different stories.
But even if it had been drummed into his head that the DiMeras were evil, who would it have been drummed into his head by? His mother... who he is as odds with and whose opinion and life choices he has little respect for. And often teens seek out danger or trouble specifically because their parents told them to stay away from it as that makes them want to do it that much more, so I could see his curiosity or naivete or teenage rebelliousness results in him falling under Stefano's influence.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply