Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look: Madeline; May 4th issue; article summary
Topic Started: Apr 22 2010, 01:52 PM (1,050 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please link to DR.

Chad’s mama Madeline has it out with both Kate and Stefano.

What’s up with Madeline and the DiMera family? Jessica Tuck says, “They have a past. It’s not quite clear what it is, although I know as the actress. Viewers will start to get a sense of it fairly quickly.”

Madeline finds out that Chad is about to attend a study group at the DiMera mansion and wants him to stay away. She doesn’t give him an explanation as to why. She just tells him that they are not the type of people he should hang out with. “Chad can’t be hobnobbing with a crime family when his parents the ones upholding justice in town. There is more to the story, obviously,” says Jessica.

Later, Madeline meets up with Kate. Jessica says, “It’s a little bit like, ‘Don’t mess with me and my son; otherwise, you’ll be sorry.’ Obviously, Kate and Madeline are not meeting for the first time. Madeline is putting Kate on notice not to stir things up right now or she might bring up the past, which is something Kate would probably not want.”

Kate tells Stefano about her encounter with Madeline, and he pays her a visit. Stefano tells her not to threaten his wife. “There’s a little bit of a poker game going on,” says Jessica.

Madeline feels that she has the stronger hand with Stefano because she has some things on him. However, Stefano is a powerful man and someone to be reckoned with. Jessica says, “Madeline has to be careful. Stefano is not a man to be crossed. Even though Madeline has something on him and it gives her some confidence in confronting him, underneath it all she is a little bit nervous.”

Jessica says she is on recurring. “They gave me a time period – ‘Do you want to recur for three months?’- and I’m spilling over a little bit. It’s nice, because it gives me some freedom, but it guarantees them some stability.” She is still working on ‘True Blood’ and is shooting a couple of episodes during hiatus week on DAYS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sounds interesting.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Thanks for posting, Angie. This is one of the few things still kind of interesting me.

lysie
Member Avatar

Finally! A closer look at someone I wanted a closer look at! I find her intriguing.

Kenny
Member Avatar

If Madeline has all this juicy information on Kate and Stefano, why has she never mentioned before now? And why are she and Kate just now crossing paths after years and years of not seeing each other even though they both live in Salem? Wouldn't Stefano have put a hit on this woman years ago if he knew she had information that could cripple him? And what about Kate? She's not above putting hits out on people.

Anyway, despite these plot holes, I'm interested in finding out what went on between Kate, Stefano and Madeline. I hope the secret is truly scandalous.

Thanks Angie!

Kenny
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 22 2010, 02:02 PM
Finally! A closer look at someone I wanted a closer look at!
LoL, yes!

six
Member Avatar

Okay, everyone and their mom knows that Kate was Stefano's call girl, so that can't be what Madeline is threatening to let out.

Maybe someone has borrowed Kola Boof's ideas and tweaked them a bit so that Chad is the secret child that Kate hid with her old roomate Madeline.

No real idea what's going on here, but this sounds interesting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Apr 22 2010, 02:03 PM
If Madeline has all this juicy information on Kate and Stefano, why has she never mentioned before now? And why are she and Kate just now crossing paths after years and years of not seeing each other even though they both live in Salem? Wouldn't Stefano have put a hit on this woman years ago if he knew she had information that could cripple him? And what about Kate? She's not above putting hits out on people.

Anyway, despite these plot holes, I'm interested in finding out what went on between Kate, Stefano and Madeline. I hope the secret is truly scandalous.

Thanks Angie!
Probably because it's only become a problem now with her son about to go over to that mansion LOL so now she feels the need to threaten them.

It's one of those typical soap things when you bring on someone like Madeline, whose apparently been around the entire time. It's annoying but I think it's one of those things most soaps fans accept. Part of the issue is that unless your psychic you can't plan for everything. This isn't a story that was built up ten years ago and what soap can do that now with all the writing changes and regime changes? If only there was that luxury because I think the things you mentioned wouldn't be issues if things were different.

I suppose one can justify it somewhat by acting like Madeline was a judge in a town nearby to Salem for some of the time so she was never around much until recently. Madeline and DA Woods don't seem to have the best marriage so I suppose it is possible but that is just what I tend to do to justify things to myself (and I know, a viewer shouldn't have to do that but I don't mind it most of the time :laugh: ). Or, maybe they just all three agreed to pretend like they never meant or don't exist. She knows what Stefano and Kate are capable of and Stefano and Kate know she has dirt on them and that she is a judge so they probably didn't want to attract attention in that regard. We'll see if the show brings anything like this up. Not expecting it though.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Kenny

Thanks Angie!
I am a little confused about this as well.

When this story was hinted at previously I was expecting Madeline to be the one with secrets and the one threatened by Kate and Stefano (who could then leverage her or her husband's help with legal troubles).

But what kind of dirt could Madeline have on Kate and/or Stefano that is any worse than anything everyone already knows about them? The only thing I could possibly think of Madeline having as a secret that they would want to keep quiet is them rewriting Lucas to be a DiMera, which would be fucking insane if they told this story AFTER Bryan Datillo left the show and which wouldn't make a sense given that Stefano put a hit out on Lucas a couple years ago.

Hmmm.

Deleted User
Deleted User

IMissAremid
Apr 22 2010, 02:58 PM
Kenny

Thanks Angie!
I am a little confused about this as well.

When this story was hinted at previously I was expecting Madeline to be the one with secrets and the one threatened by Kate and Stefano (who could then leverage her or her husband's help with legal troubles).

But what kind of dirt could Madeline have on Kate and/or Stefano that is any worse than anything everyone already knows about them? The only thing I could possibly think of Madeline having as a secret that they would want to keep quiet is them rewriting Lucas to be a DiMera, which would be fucking insane if they told this story AFTER Bryan Datillo left the show and which wouldn't make a sense given that Stefano put a hit out on Lucas a couple years ago.

Hmmm.
Maybe Stefano and Kate were part of a black market baby ring and that's how Madeline got Chad?
Quote Post Goto Top

TINA222
Member Avatar

Shouldnt it be the other way around? What could be so bad Stefano and Kate dont want anyone to know? :shrug: This storyline better make sense in the end. Maybe Madeline is a long lost daughter?

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Sounds great!

I hope this gives Lauren Koslow some juicy story.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply