Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion: 4/26 - 4/30
Topic Started: Apr 23 2010, 04:02 PM (9,375 Views)
magicsteacher
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 1 2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:

I donīt see a reason why would Sami threw away everything she had with Rafe so easily.

Maybe because Rafe dumped her? Maybe Sami got tired of waiting around for Rafe to deign to forgive her for doing everything she could to get Sydney back, even if it meant not telling him the whole truth about the ransom notes?

Sami was the one trying to make that relationship work but Rafe's ego and pride were more important to him than that.
I don't think it is a matter of Rafe dumping Sami-- he really didn't. He told her that he didn't know how they could get past everything that had happened and that he didn't think they had the same idea of what love was. And he is right. Love doesn't take breaks.
He has kept on saying that he loves her and always will, but the thing is, Sami can't play her games with him, which I like. Sami has always been able to do this with a guy, and she can't with Rafe. He doesn't want games with her-- he wants a real, committed relationship, and Rafe knows that as long as EJ is in the picture, they can't have that. That scene in the townhouse where he found the shirt of EJ's proved that. He was right, what would his moving back in do for the situation-- it wouldn't have solved the problem, so why do it. Come on, now, how many guys who love a woman are going to move back into her place with her ex living there? No one I know. Talking about a confusing thing for the kids-- that would be it.
I think Sami never thought that when she said maybe we should take a break, that Rafe would say OK. It was Sami who set the ball in motion b/c she was ticked off about the FBI job and stuck her foot in her mouth. She hasn't been able to pull it out since. You can't keep doing that to someone--- I want a break, sorry, I didn't mean it, I want you back, etc.
Rafe wants her to make up her mind once and for all what and who she wants. If it's him, then she needs to get EJ out of the picture as anything more than the kids' father.
And thank heavens that Rafe has been there for Sami. If it weren't for him, she would have taken the kids and run with them when EJ threatened to take custody of Johnny, and she would have lost him altogether.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

IMissAremid
May 1 2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:

I donīt see a reason why would Sami threw away everything she had with Rafe so easily.

Maybe because Rafe dumped her? Maybe Sami got tired of waiting around for Rafe to deign to forgive her for doing everything she could to get Sydney back, even if it meant not telling him the whole truth about the ransom notes?

Sami was the one trying to make that relationship work but Rafe's ego and pride were more important to him than that.
With all the asinine games Sami plays, what self-respecting guy wouldn't dump her ass?

lysie
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 1 2010, 07:09 AM
PhoenixRising05
May 1 2010, 01:54 AM
I had no problem with Stefano's line to Nicole about her "being Sydney's mom" because he could've easily been referring to the period of time BEFORE he learned about the baby switch. I don't think anything was rewritten at all. The line just could've been worded better to avoid confusion.
That's what I was thinking, too. He didn't always know she wasn't Sydney's mother. (As of this writing, of course....)
Otherwise, he would have really thrown her out on her ass the minute she shadowed the door. This was a case of Stefano all bluster with no intent to carry anything out, and he pretty well knew it.
Yeah, but he continued to let her talk to him like that even after he knew she wasn't Sydney's mother.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
May 1 2010, 12:37 PM
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05
I had no problem with Stefano's line to Nicole about her "being Sydney's mom" because he could've easily been referring to the period of time BEFORE he learned about the baby switch. I don't think anything was rewritten at all. The line just could've been worded better to avoid confusion.
That's what I was thinking, too. He didn't always know she wasn't Sydney's mother. (As of this writing, of course....)
Otherwise, he would have really thrown her out on her ass the minute she shadowed the door. This was a case of Stefano all bluster with no intent to carry anything out, and he pretty well knew it.
Yeah, but he continued to let her talk to him like that even after he knew she wasn't Sydney's mother.
Details, details. :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05
But he had a reason to. He needed her and there was no way Stefano would've put up with it otherwise. He knew without Nicole that Sami would become a factor again and Sydney would be with her. With Nicole, he had Sydney and EJ in his house. She was letting EJ do what he wants. She didn't judge him working in the family business. He doesn't want EJ to have any part of Sami. He only compromises now because he wants his grandchildren and EJ in the mansion with him.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, May 1 2010, 12:50 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
May 1 2010, 04:47 AM
Well, I saw only Mon to Thu so far, but I think this week is really great. Iīm enjoying all the stories except Sami/EJ growing closer together again because even when the chemistry is still there, IMO itīs just too late for them and I donīt see a reason why would Sami threw away everything she had with Rafe so easily.

I love the writing for the teens now. Itīs like the writers finally are confident they have competent actors in new Will and Chad and they finally gave them more than few second long scenes at Java. Will is great with Stefano, with Kate, with Sami and with Chad who he can be finally friend with now when Mia is longer between them. And Chad and Madeline are made of gold. So great together. That said, I thought Taylor was good this week as well and finally beliavably adressed her inner bitch. Her scenes with Chadīs mum were very strong and I loved how she coldly told Will to scram. I quess Taylor got into the worst age just as she needed to proof herself, but I still belive she has a potential and I wonder where she will end next.

I really love the Madelineīs secret and I want to know what is it now, especially after that delicious bloody hands nightmare Kate had. Itīs clear itīs somewhat connected to Chad who Iīm pretty sure will end as DiMera, but Iīm interested in the whole backstory they seem to build around it.

I love Shelley as bad girl and they way she plays Stephanieīs motivation is totally beliavable. The neverending rivalry between Steph and Molly is one of the best thing this show has because they are always delicious to watch. I quess itīs not easy to believe girl as smart and gorgeous as Shelley would be so desperate to keep a guy, but she even told Nathan itīs not jut about him. Itīs not like she isnīt confident she could catch some other guy, she is, but she really likes Nathan, he is like the perfect choice, and there is noway she will let Mel win yet again. Good stuff, and Iīm really looking forward what scheme she will come with next.

How fun was Baker catching Nicolīs new TV show on the hotel TV? His comment was just priceless. And later, after he met the "real" Hope. I quess you could see his scenes as filler, but they are very short, used mostly as a commentary of whatīs going on and his lines and delivery are just delicious. I canīt believe he is about to cross path with Nicol yet again. No wonder he is trying to run off so quickly.

I know Iīm in minority in this, but IMO Nadia and Jay bring in the worst in each other. She is so much better with Shawn Christian. With Jay she is like a parody of her own teen self. I still hope someway somewhat Phillip will end with Stephanie because after they ruined him and Mel, and I got taste of him and Chloe, I think she is the ideal compromise. I really hope this part of the story is to make him and Steph more compatible, so she no longer has the moral prejudice after fate brings them together again.
I agree completely except on two points.

First, I'm willing to stomach the Sami/EJ crap only because of the inevitable payoff of EJ finally going down. I don't care who Sami ends up with at this point (although I do like Sami/Rafe but they need a bit of work as a couple) but it can't be EJ. The ship sailed and the chemistry and life has pretty much been sapped out of them. They bring out the worst in each other acting-wise and putting them together after everything just makes both of them look like a bunch of idiots.

Second, I am liking the Phloe affair and wouldn't mind a reunion but I am willing to admit that I do think Nadia works better with SC. Nadia and Jay just don't have the same spark anymore. Chemistry-wise, they do but acting-wise...it's just not there. I think part of the reason I'm enjoying this Phloe affair is because of how the writers destroyed Philip and Melanie and it's pretty much setting up an end to their relationship. The spark Philip and Melanie used to have is gone. There is no push/pull anymore between them and that is what I liked about them. The show really fucked up by taking Philip out of Stephanie's orbit and I hope they rectify that. If they don't, Stephanie has nowhere to go because we all know damn well Nathan is going to end up with Melanie. They've pretty much boxed her into a corner behind her Nathan schemes so I hope they begin establishing her and Philip again. I think it actually has the best long-term potential, especially now with Stephanie's transformation.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I really wonder how this is all going to come down....will Nicole make the discovery? Will Rafe? Sami? Or will EJ give Stefano a cause to turn in his own son? Oh, my LORD, the heavenly angst that would bring! For personal satisfaction and highly entertaining viewing, I hope it's Stefano. As much as I'd like to see Nicole do that, it wouldn't be right since she did the same thing. I want someone else to do it so Sami looks more like an ass than she already does, especially when she blathers she doesn't want to live in the mansion because of Stefano. And it's no fun when the law enforcement actually gets their man. Anna doing it is rather anti-climatic.
Then, yeah, go with an Arianna/EJ pairing. More angst and trouble between a brother and sister.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
May 1 2010, 12:49 PM

First, I'm willing to stomach the Sami/EJ crap only because of the inevitable payoff of EJ finally going down. I don't care who Sami ends up with at this point (although I do like Sami/Rafe but they need a bit of work as a couple) but it can't be EJ. The ship sailed and the chemistry and life has pretty much been sapped out of them. They bring out the worst in each other acting-wise and putting them together after everything just makes both of them look like a bunch of idiots.

I would like to marry this post and procreate with it.

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
May 1 2010, 12:43 PM
lysie
ladyofthelake

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
But he had a reason to. He needed her and there was no way Stefano would've put up with it otherwise. He knew without Nicole that Sami would become a factor again and Sydney would be with her. With Nicole, he had Sydney and EJ in his house. She was letting EJ do what he wants. She didn't judge him working in the family business. He doesn't want EJ to have any part of Sami. He only compromises now because he wants his grandchildren and EJ in the mansion with him.
Right. But that's not what he said, lol. He said something inaccurate.

Random, but Madeline and Marlena have the same favorite flower.

Aurianne
Member Avatar

I was outraged by Sami and her saintly attitude she had with granny Caroline. Sami said "we" don't forgive. Her family has forgiven her for a whole lot of shit and welcomed her back with open arms because she is family! OUTRAGEOUS! Caroline did forgive EJ and tried to give him a chance, but he doesn't change so the Dimera forgiveness free passes are over with her. The Dimeras aren't family so there's no reason to give them the time of day. Oh yeah Sami you're so forgiving. Maybe everyone is Salem can forgive each other and sit in front of the campfire and make smores. When is Sami going to forgive Nicole, Kate or Stefano? She only forgives EJ because he tells her what she wants to hear, and he's the dick of the month.

I'm not really feeling that EJ is the true love of her life. The writing makes the character of Sami very wishy washy. She has these feelings at the drop of a hat any time a guy compliments her and tells her what she wants to hear. Once she finds a man to do things her way, she's in love and spreading her legs. She doesn't like any criticism or negativity from anyone, even if it's true. She freaks out like a 5 year old brat, and that's why she never learns or grows into an adult. That's why she can't keep a man or have a mature relationship. The men get fed up. Then the next new guy that comes to town that says all the right things will be the new true love of her life, until he steps out of line. That's just the way her character is written. She has low self esteem and she uses men to fix her issues. It's hard to accept any love she has seriously. It's like the boy who cried wolf.

EJ puts up with her shit because he's a doormat. He will accept anything, just to sniff her hair. Sad.

Caroline should've smacked that indignant bitch with her little forgiveness speech. She thinks she Luther King now.

Then she says she doesn't want to listen to Marlena because she is reasonable and logical. I don't want to hear from this drama queen when she's crying, wailing or complaining to everyone to "be there for her" after she learns how bad she got played.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Aurianne
May 1 2010, 12:59 PM
I was outraged by Sami and her saintly attitude she had with granny Caroline. Sami said "we" don't forgive. Her family has forgiven her for a whole lot of shit and welcomed her back with open arms because she is family! OUTRAGEOUS! Caroline did forgive EJ and tried to give him a chance, but he doesn't change so the Dimera forgiveness free passes are over with her. The Dimeras aren't family so there's no reason to give them the time of day. Oh yeah Sami you're so forgiving. Maybe everyone is Salem can forgive each other and sit in front of the campfire and make smores. When is Sami going to forgive Nicole, Kate or Stefano? She only forgives EJ because he tells her what she wants to hear, and he's the dick of the month.

I'm not really feeling that EJ is the true love of her life. The writing makes the character of Sami very wishy washy. She has these feelings at the drop of a hat any time a guy compliments her and tells her what she wants to hear. Once she finds a man to do things her way, she's in love and spreading her legs. She doesn't like any criticism or negativity from anyone, even if it's true. She freaks out like a 5 year old brat, and that's why she never learns or grows into an adult. That's why she can't keep a man or have a mature relationship. The men get fed up. Then the next new guy that comes to town that says all the right things will be the new true love of her life, until he steps out of line. That's just the way her character is written. She has low self esteem and she uses men to fix her issues. It's hard to accept any love she has seriously. It's like the boy who cried wolf.

now THIS is the post i want to marry and procreate with, tho phoenixrising's was a close second.
Edited by luvpumpkns, May 1 2010, 01:38 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
May 1 2010, 12:52 PM
PhoenixRising05
May 1 2010, 12:43 PM
lysie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Right. But that's not what he said, lol. He said something inaccurate.

Random, but Madeline and Marlena have the same favorite flower.
I wouldn't say inaccurate. I think the line was just too vague. It's wasn't necessarily a line that said something wrong because Stefano did put up with her at the start because he believed she was the mother of his granddaughter. It just wasn't worded right. So, I'm not arguing that the SW made a mistake. I guess I'm just arguing that it wasn't a rewrite or a line that referred to an inaccuracy. It just wasn't complete, in a way.

While the writer needs to take the blame, I do think the actors should too. Both Ari and Joe could've changed the line when they saw it in the script. We've heard of actors doing that in the past year or so. KA admitted she ad-libbed something in the Hope/Carly faceoff back in January. When Ari and Joe saw the script, they should've noticed and said they were going to change the line in a way that fixed the issue. Mistakes will happen in scripts and sometimes it's on the actors, who know the characters best, to pick up on them.

Alligato
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05

All hail that which is Pheonix! :hail:
Excellent point!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Aurianne
May 1 2010, 12:59 PM

EJ puts up with her shit because he's a doormat. He will accept anything, just to sniff her hair. Sad.

Caroline should've smacked that indignant bitch with her little forgiveness speech. She thinks she Luther King now.

Then she says she doesn't want to listen to Marlena because she is reasonable and logical. I don't want to hear from this drama queen when she's crying, wailing or complaining to everyone to "be there for her" after she learns how bad she got played.
All hail that which is Aurianne! LMAO! :hail:

It's hard watching her be duped so badly, but when people try to clue her in and she talks about forgiveness knowing that she hasn't forgiven Stefano, Kate, Nicole, etc, is down right painful. And for her to insist to Rafe that she isn't stupid makes me laugh. She sure is acting stupid.

And I found it hilarious that even EJ says that Sami would be crazy to move in...but as long as he keeps telling her everything she wants to hear and lying about his deathly ill father and playing on her insecurities about her children...ugh, what an asshole.

If Sami ends up forgiving EJ after all of this, I would be it is because everyone else told her to fuck off. They warned her.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Alligato
May 1 2010, 02:30 PM
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05

Excellent point!
Wonderful :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
May 1 2010, 02:30 PM
ladyofthelake
PhoenixRising05

Excellent point!
Damn, you mean I have to have an original thought in order to get a hail? Oh, well. :P
He did sum it up pretty well!

dooldooldool

six
Apr 29 2010, 01:34 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't mind Arianna?.....She has way more potential
The character is a complete mess. First she is a meek waitress, morphed into a low-level drug dealer, morphed into a sex-crazed police informant, morphed into a television production assistant/camerawoman, wearing totally inappropriate designer clothing.

That's the problem. The character is ill-defined and currently pigeonholed into an unbelievable personal relationship and an even more unbelievable professional role.

The actress seems to do well in family-type scenes (with her brother, with her sister) and in scenes with Men Of Power (with Victor, with Elvis). But she has been 100% unbelievable in most every "job" or "career" type scene. Perhaps if she wasn't so "glam" in her appearance, her professional life wouldn't seem so awkward. They don't need to "grunge" her up, but maybe only 3 levels of makeup instead 5-6 would help. The actress is stunningly beautiful and that would be obvious even without dolling her up to hold a portable camera and yak on an earpiece with "the truck".

Of course, it's pretty obvious that at some point, she and Nicole will bond, become bestest "frenemies", tied together by Brady Black and Their Jobs.

dooldooldool

Halloween Family
Apr 29 2010, 05:35 PM
I love the Brandon mentions but I don't think I want him back........
Agreed. The characters currently on-screen SHOULD mention past characters regularly. Nothing peeves me more when they all "forget" about people that were major parts of their lives. (Um, it is DAYS OF OUR LIVES).

Kimberly Brady's off-screen "leukemia" has been handled pretty poorly, especially with Hope being so unconcerned, especially since Kimberly has been her sister-in-law for 25 years. Daytime Rational Hope should express mroe than a passing curiosity for Kimberly. (Hope At Night, well, OK, she should care less.) Plus, since the producers were using this off-screen event to send Bo off-screen for the Hope At Night storyline, why aren't they briefly mentioning a major former character's off-screen cancer battle every time a Brady-related actor meets up with another Salemite. At least Samantha had the curiosity to ask about her aunt.

I did think it was great when Caroline mentioned Marlena while counseling Samantha. Equally great was Samantha's reply that her mother was "so reasonable". That played perfectly into their tense and twisted mother-daughter relationship through the years, bring back just a bit of the "old" Sami. Plus, it's exactly how you would have felt had you actually watched a scene where Samantha sought advice from Marlena.

That's how you use history.

dooldooldool

After a couple weeks of drivel, I thought the show finally picked up the last half of the week (check calendar, yup, it's sweeps).

Quote Of the Week #1:
Nicole to DaytimeHope: "I didn't mug EJ any more than you did."

Quote Of The Week #2:
Wandering Julie Williams (first the K-Mansion, now the SalemPD) to DaytimeHope:
"What? Why did I get the eyebrow?"

LOL.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

dooldooldool
May 1 2010, 05:03 PM
After a couple weeks of drivel, I thought the show finally picked up the last half of the week (check calendar, yup, it's sweeps).

Quote Of the Week #1:
Nicole to DaytimeHope: "I didn't mug EJ any more than you did."

Quote Of The Week #2:
Wandering Julie Williams (first the K-Mansion, now the SalemPD) to DaytimeHope:
"What? Why did I get the eyebrow?"

LOL.
I LOVE that nod to "The Eyebrow".
Nicole's comment was so funny, even though, of course, plotwise, it wasn't supposed to be. I wonder if this means Nicole is going to discover Hope's dirty little secret. It would make logical writing sense, with that comment, coupled with the fact that Hope was so gung-ho about Nicole being the guilty one (even though, obviously, Daytime Hope wasn't trying to frame her to get the heat off her own back, since she doesn't realize she's doing it!)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply