Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cast Photo from Alice Horton's Memorial; Christie, Jamie Lyn, Missy, MBE, Patsy, Maree, etc.
Topic Started: Apr 25 2010, 10:05 PM (12,563 Views)
DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

lumifan4life85
Apr 26 2010, 04:04 AM
billyjill
Apr 26 2010, 02:51 AM
Well, are you guys really expecting entire episodes consisting of nothing but Alice's death and funeral? Because I admit that would surprise me quite a bit.
Well if they do have to add in other stories, I hope they do it tastefully. I wasn't watching when Tom Horton's funeral happened, so I don't know how they did it then. However I'd hope that they'd do it similar to when they did do the funeral for Tom.
I was really young so I don't remember everything, but I do believe that that was when Gina/Hope reappeared, and I believe Jack (who had left town the year before) mysteriously sent Jennifer flowers from out of town at the time, heralding his return to the canvas a few months later. Little things like that tied in pretty well to the overall Horton family drama, it's not unheard of for Gina to be seen on screen when the Hortons all think she might be Hope, they'd want her at the funeral if it was at all possible after all, they'd want to be pulling togehter. It's not at all unheard of for an ex husband to send his ex-wife flowers at the time of her beloved grandfather's passing either. These things really didn't detract IMO. But I'm not saying I'm counting on anything, just that it's possible to tie in the canvas relatively tightly around events.

DOOLFan85, I'd love to see a mention pop up on ET.
Edited by DesignatedShelley, Apr 26 2010, 12:11 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

Great photo! I'm looking forward to all the returns, especially Jennifer, but it's going to be difficult watching the Alice memorial. I'll have to stock up on kleenex. Even though she's had very little screen time for the past decade, it's hard to believe Alice Horton won't be in Salem any longer.

I hope they incorporate some of the returning characters into existing storylines. I don't expect everything to come to a grinding halt for several weeks while the returns and memorial play out; I believe it should be done as an ongoing story arc, like usual, except for the day of the funeral itself. That episode I would expect to be dedicated 100% to Alice Horton.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DOOLFan85
Apr 26 2010, 11:39 AM
billyjill
Apr 26 2010, 01:45 AM
Ratings IMO will depend on how well they build up to it *within* the show, NBC promos would help a bit too, but people are not going to tune in if they don't know its coming.
Maybe DOOL should show the promo during their NBC primetime lineup. How long does BL9 have before it goes on break for summer? That would be a good idea. If not show the promo during an episode of the Parenthood.

Plus it would be perfect a week or two before the episodes get magazine/tv outlets Entertainment Weekly, Entertainment Tonight to highlight the event.
The show already airs promos in primetime. In recent months, they've been shown a bit more often when before it was usually only during TBL for the past few years.

The show can promote this until they are blue in the face and it won't make no difference. It's not going to make that big of a ratings impact. In fact, it could have a negative ratings impact but that should not be a concern. The focus should be on Frances Reid and Alice. The show can worry about the ratings after it's over.

The smart thing is to utilize some of these returns in current story and to make get any fans that tune in for the returns and tribute to stick around. The focus can primarily be on Alice but, as others have noted, there are ways of playing the current stories in the midst of all this.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

MBE looks great! I really like the longer hair on her.

I agree that they should still continue on with other storylines during this whole thing. I do not want it to just be all about Alice. I think that would be kinda boring actually. I can see the day of the funeral just focusing on her though and that would be enough.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Angie79
Apr 26 2010, 01:45 PM
MBE looks great! I really like the longer hair on her.

I agree that they should still continue on with other storylines during this whole thing. I do not want it to just be all about Alice. I think that would be kinda boring actually. I can see the day of the funeral just focusing on her though and that would be enough.
Yep, I agree - both about MBE looking great and that the stories should be all encompassing except for the day of the actual funeral. It would be a nice tribute to Frances Reid to build up with old favorites coming back to town, the story building around Alice's failing health and then culminating with an entire episode dedicated to a final farewell.

I get choked up just thinking about it. :'(

LovingDays

here a pic of Shane & Sami & Rafe

Posted Image

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Nice picture of them, they look thrilled.

HJBJDJ

billyjill
Apr 26 2010, 11:56 AM
lumifan4life85
Apr 26 2010, 04:04 AM
billyjill
Apr 26 2010, 02:51 AM
Well, are you guys really expecting entire episodes consisting of nothing but Alice's death and funeral? Because I admit that would surprise me quite a bit.
Well if they do have to add in other stories, I hope they do it tastefully. I wasn't watching when Tom Horton's funeral happened, so I don't know how they did it then. However I'd hope that they'd do it similar to when they did do the funeral for Tom.
I was really young so I don't remember everything, but I do believe that that was when Gina/Hope reappeared, and I believe Jack (who had left town the year before) mysteriously sent Jennifer flowers from out of town at the time, heralding his return to the canvas a few months later. Little things like that tied in pretty well to the overall Horton family drama, it's not unheard of for Gina to be seen on screen when the Hortons all think she might be Hope, they'd want her at the funeral if it was at all possible after all, they'd want to be pulling togehter. It's not at all unheard of for an ex husband to send his ex-wife flowers at the time of her beloved grandfather's passing either. These things really didn't detract IMO. But I'm not saying I'm counting on anything, just that it's possible to tie in the canvas relatively tightly around events.

DOOLFan85, I'd love to see a mention pop up on ET.
Sorry billyjill, just gotta correct one little bit here, Jack actually sent the flowers to Alice not Jennifer. They arrived unsigned, Jennifer knew they were from Jack because she recognized the handwriting on the card. I know it's minor and who cares, but.. That said I agree with you, there are a lot of little ways you can further along current story and mix in with the funeral.

One another note, I don't see why it's so bad if Justin is there. I'm sure there are going to be other people at the funeral as well who are not in the picture. For instance Mike is not in the picture and we know he is coming back for the funeral and Roman better be there as well. While it would seem Justin is mainly there as a friend for Hope as others have pointed out he is also friends with other members of the Horton family. Not only is he a long time friend of Jennifer's but he was also Jennifer's brother-in-law until his divorce went through a couple months ago.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

LovingDays
Apr 26 2010, 02:45 PM

Posted Image
AS looks great! I love her hair like that.

It looks like Charles, Ali, and Galen are very happy here. Shane has to be who Rafe comes across in the South American prison.

HJBJDJ

PhoenixRising05
Apr 26 2010, 03:05 PM
LovingDays
Apr 26 2010, 02:45 PM

Posted Image
AS looks great! I love her hair like that.

It looks like Charles, Ali, and Galen are very happy here. Shane has to be who Rafe comes across in the South American prison.
They do all look happy don't they. All the actors seem to be really enjoying this reunion with old friends. Though aside from when Charles/Shane returned in 2002 for those few episodes, he was gone (1992) by the time Ali (1993) joined the show. Though being a big DAYS fans before her Sami days, I'm sure she knows who Shane Donavan is. :)
I think Shane is who Rafe runs into at the prison as well, and have been wondering just what Shane is doing there.

lysie
Member Avatar

This is kind of random, but we've heard where Calliope shows up. Was John DeLancie ever confirmed? I haven't heard a thing about him since the day it was announced he was maybe/probably coming. Apparently Calliope/Eugene aren't coming for the funeral. And are we really going to have CC back at a time when LH was just on the show and not get any Anna/Carrie scenes? Because I will cry.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Apr 26 2010, 03:19 PM
This is kind of random, but we've heard where Calliope shows up. Was John DeLancie ever confirmed? I haven't heard a thing about him since the day it was announced he was maybe/probably coming. Apparently Calliope/Eugene aren't coming for the funeral. And are we really going to have CC back at a time when LH was just on the show and not get any Anna/Carrie scenes? Because I will cry.
Arleen Sorkin said that Days were trying to get DeLancie but he had a very bust schedule so she wasn't sure they could. The only confirmation we have is that the they had an interest in bringing him on.

Sorkin really wanted to be a part of the tribute so I hope she is but i doubt it. I tend to think Calliope will only be a part of the South American arc in May with Anna and then be gone once that is over.

I think CC and LH will just miss each other. LH stopped filming earlier in April and we know the filming of the Alice stuff started around two weeks ago and CC started a week after Missy and some of the others. LH mentioned in SOW she is due to return to Days later in the summer to start filming again but I don't see any Anna/Carrie scenes coming, which sucks.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

PhoenixRising05
Apr 26 2010, 03:35 PM
I think CC and LH will just miss each other. LH stopped filming earlier in April and we know the filming of the Alice stuff started around two weeks ago and CC started a week after Missy and some of the others. LH mentioned in SOW she is due to return to Days later in the summer to start filming again but I don't see any Anna/Carrie scenes coming, which sucks.
Yet another Days goof off...they couldn't delay it a bit to actually make it work some for CC and LH to be around for at least ONE DAY? Oh brother.....I was looking forward to a Carrie Anna bonding moment.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
lysie
Arleen Sorkin said that Days were trying to get DeLancie but he had a very bust schedule so she wasn't sure they could. The only confirmation we have is that the they had an interest in bringing him on.

Sorkin really wanted to be a part of the tribute so I hope she is but i doubt it. I tend to think Calliope will only be a part of the South American arc in May with Anna and then be gone once that is over.

So Calliope is in South America...if we had confirmation on Eugene, I'd think it was him that Rafe runs into.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

lysie
Apr 26 2010, 03:39 PM
PhoenixRising05
lysie

So Calliope is in South America...if we had confirmation on Eugene, I'd think it was him that Rafe runs into.
If not for knowing Shane was returning and Rafe was going to have a familiar cellmate, I would've guessed Eugene too but Rafe is Salem's current "Super cop/agent" so it's kind of appropriate to have him cross paths with Salem's former "Super cop/agent."

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 26 2010, 03:51 PM
lysie
Apr 26 2010, 03:39 PM
PhoenixRising05

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
If not for knowing Shane was returning and Rafe was going to have a familiar cellmate, I would've guessed Eugene too but Rafe is Salem's current "Super cop/agent" so it's kind of appropriate to have him cross paths with Salem's former "Super cop/agent."
I wonder if Rafe is going to know him. That's what it sounded like to me. But Eugene! :wub2: I guess my pocket sized version will just have to hold me over.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

HJBJDJ
Apr 26 2010, 03:01 PM
Sorry billyjill, just gotta correct one little bit here, Jack actually sent the flowers to Alice not Jennifer. They arrived unsigned, Jennifer knew they were from Jack because she recognized the handwriting on the card. I know it's minor and who cares, but.. That said I agree with you, there are a lot of little ways you can further along current story and mix in with the funeral.

One another note, I don't see why it's so bad if Justin is there. I'm sure there are going to be other people at the funeral as well who are not in the picture. For instance Mike is not in the picture and we know he is coming back for the funeral and Roman better be there as well. While it would seem Justin is mainly there as a friend for Hope as others have pointed out he is also friends with other members of the Horton family. Not only is he a long time friend of Jennifer's but he was also Jennifer's brother-in-law until his divorce went through a couple months ago.
No problem, good to be accurate! I agree with you about Justin, btw, I think it's fine that he's there. The more the merrier, really, and his presence isn't really responsible for anyone else's absence. Even if he was only there for Hope, it'd totally make sense to me that someone brings along their friend for emotional support to a funeral of one of their family members.

Joining the crowd with the lamentation over the lost Carrie/Anna opportunity. Such a shame, maybe they can arrange something down the line.

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Looks great! Can't wait.. Thanks for posting :)

BradyB

Where or where is Mike? I really thought Roark was coming back!!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

He is back, he just wasn't part of the picture.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply