Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pics from Days Press Event 4/26
Topic Started: Apr 26 2010, 10:05 PM (2,616 Views)
Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I thought the best looking was Shelley. She is so pretty. LH looks overdressed in that black outfit. EM looked good. JS looks like shit...get this man an iron, and some dry shampoo, STAT!

I thought Ari's outfit was too Winter for LA and not Spring/Summer. I wish she would have wore a dress, but she looks fine. Glad to see lots of the vets there. I wonder why they didnt have a press panel like the rest of the shows. Being on 45 years is huge!

Thanks for the links!
Edited by Liz<3Days, Apr 27 2010, 11:46 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 27 2010, 12:53 AM
Cool pics. Ali's boobs do look huge in that pic of her, Galen, Peter, and Kristian. Ali does look so much better away from Days. Peter, Kristian, Galen, Ari, Lindsey, Eric, Molly, Shelley, Chandler, and pretty much everyone looked great although Peggy McKay did look a bit frail in that pic with Corday. I still think something has to be up with her for her not to be getting more airtime.

Good to see Leann and Wally there too. They both looked great and the fact they are there means they should be still around, which isn't a surprise given Justin's position on the canvas right now and with LeAnn saying she would return later in the summer.

Loved the pic of Chandler and Gabriela with the Salem sign.

Looks like a cool event that will help with promotion. I don't recall NBC doing anything like this before. Good that they involved Days. I hope any interviews they did surface somewhere. I would be interested in seeing/reading them.

You know....Corday usually seems to hang out with the frail people.

aimees76
Member Avatar

When I went to Day of Days last November, my mom told Peggy "I wish you were on more!" and she replied earnestly, "me too!!" and they laughed. She did seem a little frail, but not sickly at all. I don't know, I didn't get the impression that she wasn't being used by her choice or need. I could be wrong though.

Ellie

aimees76
Apr 27 2010, 11:56 AM
When I went to Day of Days last November, my mom told Peggy "I wish you were on more!" and she replied earnestly, "me too!!" and they laughed. She did seem a little frail, but not sickly at all. I don't know, I didn't get the impression that she wasn't being used by her choice or need. I could be wrong though.
I think you're right; my feeling on this is that Tomlin et al just like Suzanne better, and they don't feel there's room for two actresses in that bracket. (I personally agree; I think Suzanne is a much better actress and has much better 'screen presence'.) I think Peggy's kind of in 'no man's land', because they're not positioning her to be the new matriarch, but unfortunately she does look physically older than any other female on the show right now.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Apr 27 2010, 11:41 AM
I guess what threw me off is that it seems more of the Days cast came out for this and it seems a bit more of a big deal in regards to Days now
Yes, I think that's true, probably because it's the 45th anniversary year. Also, though, we have the benefit of twitter now, so we're hearing about this from multiple people as it's happening. In the past, we'd just see the pictures and interviews trickle in for days afterwards and then piece together where everyone was. Twitter has completely changed how much access we have to these 'backstage' events.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Apr 27 2010, 12:01 PM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 27 2010, 11:41 AM
I guess what threw me off is that it seems more of the Days cast came out for this and it seems a bit more of a big deal in regards to Days now
Yes, I think that's true, probably because it's the 45th anniversary year. Also, though, we have the benefit of twitter now, so we're hearing about this from multiple people as it's happening. In the past, we'd just see the pictures and interviews trickle in for days afterwards and then piece together where everyone was. Twitter has completely changed how much access we have to these 'backstage' events.
Absolutely. I think the fact that we have more access to so much is what takes some of the attention off things like this. Days does seem to get more press now then it did a few years ago and I think that may be why something like this, which as you said is something that has happened before, didn't seem like something I had seen before for Days until I was reminded of it.

As for Peggy, I think it could just be Tomlin preferring Suzanne. Afterall, when Tomlin was a writer at Days in the early 80's, Suzanne was there but Peggy wasn't. Peggy was actually getting alot of use in 2008 under Higley and that all seemed to stop once Tomlin and Whitesell's material began to air. However, I do think Peggy looking a bit older and frail is playing a role while Suzanne doesn't look her age at all. Caroline being a Brady hurts too. The show has steered away from the Brady family since Tomlin came on and it's not something I'm heartbroken over, even if I like the Brady's, but it does mean less Caroline.

Suzanne is a better actress with better screen presence so I suppose it's the right decision. They just could use Caroline more as a sounding board in scenes with Sami, Bo, etc. I would like a Carly/Caroline scene too. Just a little of her here and there would be nice, assuming she is able.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I thought Ali looked beautiful.....she dresses herself much better than the wardrobe people do. I thought Anna looked great as well, as did Shelley.

I thought JS looked sexy in his "Clark Kent" glasses, but that's no shock I'm sure!! :shrug:

Deleted User
Deleted User

LH and AS stood out the most for me:)
Quote Post Goto Top

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

These are some great pictures, it seems like they all had a good time :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply