Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Virus screen (Updated)
Topic Started: Apr 26 2010, 11:34 PM (692 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

When I came over here just a few minutes ago, I got a full screen warning that DR was reported as unsafe and contained viruses and malware.

I don't think it's the board itself, these things tend to attach themselves to the ads. I suggest checking with support, it also could be server related.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

a2sassy
Member Avatar

Yeah I got the same message a few minutes ago.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I'm just going to blame the Ejamis for all woes.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

If anyone else gets this screen please let us know. We've opened the board back up but if this continues we'll take it offline again until Zetaboards can get back to us concerning this issue.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Drew
Apr 27 2010, 12:38 AM
I'm just going to blame the Ejamis for all woes.
LOL...I blame them for global warming too!

(But I hope every thing's back to normal because I do miss DR!)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I get it every so often (but not very often). I simply just arrow back to the previous page and try whatever link I was attempting again and everything's fine.

downwhtone
Member Avatar

I got a message from my internet security last night that it had blocked a trojan from DR. Hope it's all cleared up.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

If you get it and see an ad please post back here and say what it was for, that may help in narrowing the exact problem now. As for the people who have been getting it before last night, please let us know about any problems when they occur so we can "nip it in the bud" as Barney Fife would say.... :)

cassie1013

I'm an apple user, haven't seen it...

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Matt
Apr 27 2010, 11:44 AM
I get it every so often (but not very often). I simply just arrow back to the previous page and try whatever link I was attempting again and everything's fine.
Were you getting it before Monday? Did you get it at all yesterday?

If anyone can remember what ad they saw when this happened or can take a screenshot if it happens doing one of those two things would be greatly appreciated. It appears that it has something to do with the Google Ad service which Zetaboards uses and they are in contact with them to try and get it all straightened out. Zetaboards is trying to find out which ads people were seeing when this happened so they can have something to show Google.

Here's a topic on the ZB Support Board if anyone wants to know a bit more....

http://if.invisionfree.com/topic/5086658/1/?x=50

lmfan

I also received a warning that a trojan had been blocked a couple days ago, but can't remember what ad was showing. Sorry.

JDB

It just happened to me today, I got hit with that Antisoft Malware thing (4th time in two months), it's the google ads same thing was happening on Newsarama for a while.
When I first got on the site some dating website ad was showing, then I clicked to check out the spoiler section and a on-line roleplaying ad came up. Then the antisoft junk started up so I didn't catch the names of the ads sorry, but I fixed it again and I'm back. :)
Edited by JDB, Apr 29 2010, 08:17 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DR Member Help & Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply