Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Arleen Sorkin's first airdate; includes spoiler
Topic Started: Apr 27 2010, 01:24 PM (2,673 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Apr 27 2010, 03:21 PM
Sorry I got confused about the post at first too thinking she was only that one day since it doesn't appear she and Anna have any involvement with Alice's funeral.

But if Shane's first airdate is June 3 and Arlene starts airing May 10 then that makes me think maybe Calliope will come back to Salem to try to find out what happened to Anna and maybe she'll follow Rafe or Rafe will follow her to South America and wind up helping Anna escape Rafe and that's when Rafe winds up in jail and meets Shane?

The SOD previews made it sound to me like Anna got away and Calliope helped her.

Quote:

Rafe leaves Salem in search of Anna. He finally tracks her down and demands to know who paid her to kidnap Sydney. In South America, Anna is stunned when she bumps into a familiar face -- Calliope! Meanwhile, Rafe ends up in a South American jail and his cellmate is another familiar face.
I think Anna bumps into Calliope in South America. Rafe tracks Anna there and then a cat and mouse game between Anna, Calliope, and Rafe begins. Perhaps Rafe ends up arrested because he pushes too far with Calliope, who will probably be hiding Anna. I could then see Anna convincing Calliope to help Rafe get out of prison once she's gotten away or something.

I would love seeing Calliope and Anna teaming up to help Rafe and Shane break out. That would be hilarious :laugh: .
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Apr 27 2010, 03:51 PM
lysie
Apr 27 2010, 01:41 PM
Now I'm worried....if she's only on once and she's trying to expose EJ, what if something happens to her? I'm not a huge Calliope fan, but I might have to kill EJ for messing with the 80s.
How would EJ doing something to Calliope "mess with the 80s"?
:eyeroll: It was a joke.

Criss33
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Sorry I got confused about the post at first too thinking she was only that one day since it doesn't appear she and Anna have any involvement with Alice's funeral.

But if Shane's first airdate is June 3 and Arlene starts airing May 10 then that makes me think maybe Calliope will come back to Salem to try to find out what happened to Anna and maybe she'll follow Rafe or Rafe will follow her to South America and wind up helping Anna escape Rafe and that's when Rafe winds up in jail and meets Shane?

The SOD previews made it sound to me like Anna got away and Calliope helped her.

Quote:

Rafe leaves Salem in search of Anna. He finally tracks her down and demands to know who paid her to kidnap Sydney. In South America, Anna is stunned when she bumps into a familiar face -- Calliope! Meanwhile, Rafe ends up in a South American jail and his cellmate is another familiar face.
What you said makes alot of sense!!! Anna and Calliope together will be fun to watch. Wonder if Calliope is still wearing those crazy outfits?!!!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

PhoenixRising05
Apr 27 2010, 04:00 PM
I think Anna bumps into Calliope in South America. Rafe tracks Anna there and then a cat and mouse game between Anna, Calliope, and Rafe begins. Perhaps Rafe ends up arrested because he pushes too far with Calliope, who will probably be hiding Anna. I could then see Anna convincing Calliope to help Rafe get out of prison once she's gotten away or something.

I would love seeing Calliope and Anna teaming up to help Rafe and Shane break out. That would be hilarious :laugh: .
Why would Anna want Calliope to help Rafe get out of prison when he's hunting her down like a dog? Why should she give a shit what happens to Rafe?

Jason47
Member Avatar

Arleen stated in some interview that she is back for six episodes.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

IMissAremid
Apr 27 2010, 04:07 PM
PhoenixRising05

Why would Anna want Calliope to help Rafe get out of prison when he's hunting her down like a dog? Why should she give a shit what happens to Rafe?
Because he's just going to continue to track her down and hound her so her mentality might be to try to broker a deal. That is what she does with whomever is threatening her or giving her trouble at the time. It's all about saving her ass and she already knows Rafe is not one to just give up.

Or maybe she wants EJ to go down but, because she can't risk doing it herself, she wants Rafe out there to do it.

samiwells
Member Avatar

aimees76
Apr 27 2010, 02:01 PM
lysie
Apr 27 2010, 01:27 PM
I hope her mission is to expose EJ. And I hope she succeeds because I think I would gladly give up my left nostril if Calliope were to beat EJ.

I don't think that it will happen this soon. James told us in Dallas that the writers and producers are just beginning to think about exposing EJ. I'm thinking Nov sweeps.
Edited by samiwells, Apr 27 2010, 04:21 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
Apr 27 2010, 01:27 PM
I hope her mission is to expose EJ. And I hope she succeeds because I think I would gladly give up my left nostril if Calliope were to beat EJ.

TFP!
That would be heaven. What would make it even heavenlier is for Eugene to join her!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Looks like Daytime Dial is wrong and her first airdate is May 5th.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
IMissAremid

Quote:

Oh, gosh, that would be awesome. I just want my Eugene back, too.... :'(

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Honestly, I really never thought we'd see Anna & Calliope reunited on DAYS. They were the shit together in the 80s- the perfect comic duo. Really, really, reallllllly looking forward to this.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

I already love her after seeing the promo!! Sucks that she'll be working with Rafe to try to bring EJ/Anna down. I don;t think he'll get her to admit it though..

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

There's a short blurb about Arleen's return in SOW that confirms her return date is May 5. It says this is the first time Anna and Calliope have been on screen together in 24 YEARS!

"It's a lot to remember," AS says. "You wouldn't believe it. Calliope is trying to get Anna to recount everything that's happened since she left, including the whole baby-switch story, which is so hard to figure out! It's 'So Nicole Walker faked a pregnancy, but Sami Brady really had EJ DiMera's baby?' and my brain could not remember!"

Apparently Calliope WILL be working with Rafe.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

It disgusts me that Calliope is helping that boring ass rafe.No way in hell would she give up Anna..no ffing way!!!!!!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

EjsGaGirl
Apr 30 2010, 07:19 PM
It disgusts me that Calliope is helping that boring ass rafe.No way in hell would she give up Anna..no ffing way!!!!!!!
Seriously, Character Fucking Assassination!
Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Maybe Rafe makes a deal that he with Calliope that he will let Anna off easier if she gives up her partner. Then I can see Calliope doing it to help Anna avoid more jail time..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Apr 30 2010, 08:36 PM
Maybe Rafe makes a deal that he with Calliope that he will let Anna off easier if she gives up her partner. Then I can see Calliope doing it to help Anna avoid more jail time..
If that was the case, I still don't think Calliope would ever secretly tape Anna for the benefit of a total stranger without her knowledge which is what is going to happen here.

I mean it would be one thing if Calliope was helping out someone from Salem she actually knew. Like Shane working for the ISA, or Bo or Roman or somebody with the Salem PD.

But just some FBI guy who used to bone her friend Marlena's daughter/Eugene's god daughter? She'd trust that guy over Anna?

Keith
Member Avatar

I have no issue with this Calliope thing. Why? I think a friend like Calliope would want to get Anna out of trouble. From the previews that have been seen, it looks like she's doing her best to get the truth out of Anna and on the one hand, yes, for Rafe, but also for Anna's benefit, so she can move on with her life. I don't think it's about trust. I think Rafe knows Calliope wants to help her friend and likely promises a lighter punishment. Hell, Anna could always use the excuse of grief and get off basically scot-free. I don't expect much out of this, but I also don't see it as nearly as bad as it sounds. That nothing underhanded should be involved is silly, I think. Anna's always been a little underhanded and Calliope knows that better than anyone.

adelaidecate007

After reading the Prevuze and watching the previews, I don't think she's deliberately turning on Anna at all; it seems like- to me anyway- that Rafe is forcing her to help him (apparently Eugene is in trouble or something) and he probably tells her that he'll get Anna and Eugene both out of trouble if she gets Anna to confess and admit who she was working with, and Calliope- wanting to get her husband and best friend both of trouble- probably agrees to help Rafe.

Thats my take anyway- I guess we'll see how it plays out.
Edited by adelaidecate007, May 4 2010, 11:37 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply