Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MSN:James Scott Interview
Topic Started: Apr 27 2010, 06:11 PM (5,214 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

James Scott Talks 'Days of Our Lives'
The actor weighs in on EJ, Sami and villainy
By Deanna Barnert
Special to MSN TV

With May sweeps almost upon us, love is in the air for Elvis "EJ" DiMera on "Days of Our Lives." Much to the chagrin of Rafe fans, EJ is finally making headway with Sami, mostly thanks to his successful plot to kidnap and then save their daughter Sydney. True, Sami still feels a pull toward good guy Rafe, but EJ's future with Salem's reformed bad girl is looking good, in spite of a history that involves rape, kidnapping and paternity scams. If Rafe tracks down EJ's partner in "Syd-napping," Anna, and reveals the truth, however, all bets are off.

Portrayer James Scott considers just how devious this EJ character really is, and why the EJami (EJ/Sami) vs. Safe (Sami/Rafe) triangle gets fans so riled up.

MSN TV: EJ went to great lengths to exact revenge with his "Syd-napping" plot: Are his romantic feelings for Sami real or is revenge still his endgame?
James Scott: He is absolutely being honest in how he feels. You can look back to the last three years of story line to find that it's been a theme. Nicole's [Arianne Zucker] complaint was that there were three people in their relationship and he was still in love with Sami. She was right. The love and hate have just been different sides of the same coin.

Do you think this pair belongs together?
He thinks so. Do I? They'd be a perfect couple, if they hadn't done so many nasty things to each other. She hid the pregnancy and then the baby died and she told him after the fact. He can't forgive that. Then, at some point, it will come out that he took Sydney. That's also an unforgivable act, but these two understand each other and allow each other to be themselves. EJ knows Sami's hotheaded and has a dark side. The essence of the character and the reason she's become so popular is that she is explosive, impulsive, reactive and interesting. EJ likes those qualities. The appeal of Rafe is that he makes her want to be a better person and want to better herself. EJ just wants her to be who she is -- Shoot! Hold on one second. Trying to move a tree whilst talking on the telephone is not an easy thing.

Did you say you're moving a tree?
Yes, I'm gardening. It's the hobby that's taking up most of my life, at the moment. I've been doing it for a while. I just bought three trees this morning to plant and they're pretty big. Anyway, I'm sorry.

No problem. Back to Salem: Rafe is trying to track down EJ's partner in the "Syd-napping," Anna. How far will EJ go to cover his tracks?
One has to assume he'd do a lot. The consequences of this coming out are most likely that he will lose his children, as well as go to jail. Also, if Sami finds out, she'll realize the whole situation is not only a lie, but also a lie designed to play into Rafe's weaknesses and drive a wedge between them. One would expect that might lead to her rethinking the breakup with Rafe and probably not feeling too friendly toward EJ.

The fans get quite worked up over this triangle. First it was Lucas/Sami (Lumi) fans battling the EJami contingent. Now, it's EJami vs. Safe. Why do you think fans get so hot and bothered?
They do, and if it's good story, they should. [Laughs.] They're all very strong characters, and there's a strong argument for Sami being with Rafe. The relationship they have is compelling, and the same thing applies to her relationship with EJ. The hero and the villain: One is pulling her toward the light, the other to darkness.
She is a character that can truly go either way, so you really have a tug-o-war.

The opposing fan bases get pretty cantankerous toward each other. Do they ever get crazy with you?
Not very often, but on occasion there are problems: typically, people who are a little too enthusiastic about a story line or seem to have blurred the boundary between fantasy and reality. You just smile sweetly and hope that's the end of it, but sometimes you have to take these things more seriously.

You used the word "villain." Do you see EJ as a bad guy?
EJ isn't the first one to throw a stone, but if you throw one at him, he's going to throw a bigger one at you, and he'll probably throw it while you're not looking. Or have someone else do it! He doesn't go after trouble, but if trouble comes to him, he does not play by the rules. They also reference consistently to the fact that he and Stefano have this business, which is shady at heart. He's not walking around doing any of the dirty work himself, but that doesn't mean it doesn't go on. Sami's aware of all those things. She knows what she's getting into, and at times she's even understood that situation has its advantages.

How does EJ compare to his father, Salem's longtime baddy Stefano?
EJ is the young heir to the throne. Essentially, he's learning from Stefano. Stefano's been doing this a long time. He's calm, smart and doesn't get flustered easily. He knows how to manipulate and behave in certain situations. EJ's adapting some of these qualities, but he's still young and leads with his heart more than his head. Consequently, you see that with EJ: Emotion comes into play a bit more than with Stefano.

With intense story lines and fast production, how much room is there for having fun with co-stars like Alison Sweeney [Sami] and Galen Gering [Rafe]?
People can be light on-set, absolutely. We have fun in the moments when we can, but that tends to happen during less substantial parts of the show. A lot of the work we have does not allow us to do that. Nobody was cracking jokes before Grace's funeral. With the stuff with Joe [Mascolo; i.e., when Stefano found out EJ was behind the "Syd-napping"], there was no laughing and joking around before, during or after those scenes. That's just not how it works.

What is it like working with a busy mom like Sweeney, who also clocks in as the host of "The Biggest Loser" and has her second book, "The Mommy Diet," due out in October?
If you did not know Alison Sweeney had two children and another job, you would not know it. She's humble about it all and is the most professional, well prepared actress I have ever worked with. I'm sorry to the other actors I've worked with, but it's true. I have an incredible amount of respect for everything she does and the number of things she juggles. She seems to do it effortlessly, and her performances are always first class.

Did you see your old competition, Bryan Dattilo [Lucas], when he was on-set to shoot Alice's memorial?
I did! I was looking forward to saying hello and it was lovely to see him. I was sad that he ended up not staying around. He was great for the show. He's a good actor, a lot of fun to work with, and a good person to have as part of the cast.

What would you like to see with EJ? Is there anyone with whom you'd like to see him interact more?
I'm pretty happy with what EJ's doing. I like working with Ali, a lot. That relationship is complicated. It's on and off and it's hard to move out of that holding pattern they find themselves in, even though the characters work well together. Sami is a better match for EJ than anyone else, clearly, but all this crap's in the way.

http://tv.msn.com/james-scott-days-of-our-lives/story/interview/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

I actually like this interview, he actually tells the truth here, that EJ doesn't want to lift Sami up as person he's dragging her down... Wow!

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

"Sami is a better match for EJ than anyone else, clearly, but all this crap's in the way." :wub:

aimees76
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Apr 27 2010, 06:20 PM
I actually like this interview, he actually tells the truth here, that EJ doesn't want to lift Sami up as person he's dragging her down... Wow!
LOL, true.

Livie

I also liked the interview. After all the hash I have to read regarding Ali, it is good to hear someone in the know say how she really is.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Samantha Dimera
Apr 27 2010, 06:26 PM
"Sami is a better match for EJ than anyone else, clearly, but all this crap's in the way." :wub:
but is EJ for Sami that is the question? And he even admits he is the next Stefano, wow, what an interview.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Quote:

You can look back to the last three years of story line to find that it's been a theme. Nicole's [Arianne Zucker] complaint was that there were three people in their relationship and he was still in love with Sami. She was right

Sami is a better match for EJ than anyone else
Yes, that's how I saw it too.
Quote:

She is a character that can truly go either way, so you really have a tug-o-war.
Sami is still in limbo, has been for a long time and EJ is too in a way.

Quote:

EJ isn't the first one to throw a stone.....................Stefano's been doing this a long time. He's calm, smart and doesn't get flustered easily
This must be the new EJ.

Quote:

She's humble about it all and is the most professional, well prepared actress I have ever worked with. I'm sorry to the other actors I've worked with, but it's true. I have an incredible amount of respect for everything she does and the number of things she juggles. She seems to do it effortlessly, and her performances are always first class.

I like working with Ali, a lot
Oh James!

Thanks for posting. Of course, I enjoyed the interview.

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Well, that's an interesting take on what he actually said. Wow!

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

This was a great interview by James scott, Ej is my favorite actor on the show. He is the main reason why I put up with this show,but there are other reasons too but he holds my attention.

I love how he gave props to his co stars, I still don`t see how people think he is a rude guy,this interview alone proves that the guy has class and does`nt like some crazy fans dicate the way he live his life. I agree with him, some fans need therapy, they need to know the difference between fiction and reality. I think I read somewhere that Byran ( Lucas) was smacked by some fan, seriously people get a life outside of watching TV! :eyeroll:

I don`t think James is aware of the fanbase war and how heated it is, he needs to take a broader look :P

I hope that Ejami works out in the end, they are amazing together.

Thanks for posting the interview, very talented actor :D

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Angie79
Apr 27 2010, 06:11 PM

The opposing fan bases get pretty cantankerous toward each other. Do they ever get crazy with you?
Not very often, but on occasion there are problems: typically, people who are a little too enthusiastic about a story line or seem to have blurred the boundary between fantasy and reality. You just smile sweetly and hope that's the end of it, but sometimes you have to take these things more seriously.

Well, THAT I can definitely agree with him on! (I never mentioned names).
Quote:

What is it like working with a busy mom like Sweeney, who also clocks in as the host of "The Biggest Loser" and has her second book, "The Mommy Diet," due out in October?
If you did not know Alison Sweeney had two children and another job, you would not know it. She's humble about it all and is the most professional, well prepared actress I have ever worked with. I'm sorry to the other actors I've worked with, but it's true. I have an incredible amount of respect for everything she does and the number of things she juggles. She seems to do it effortlessly, and her performances are always first class.

I'm sorry, folks, but I am not going to take this at face value. If he didn't like her, he wouldn't say it. And I think his comment about being "sorry" to other actors is just kind of shitty. It's almost like what I think someone said in the other interview thread.....he's kinda riding on her coattails or something to that effect. I also find it hard to believe she's well prepared, but that's just mean. OK, mean Ladybitch going to crawl back under her rock now.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Apr 27 2010, 06:54 PM.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Emma Frost
Apr 27 2010, 06:46 PM
crookedhalo
"One is pulling her toward the light, the other to darkness"

Is there another way to take that comment? I don't want to argue, for the first time he gave an interview where he didn't seem like he was pimping himself. I hate JS but this interview is like a shadow of hope in my eyes.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Ah Come on he was not dissing the other actors, some people will always find fault in anything.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

JamesScott_19
Apr 27 2010, 06:58 PM
Ah Come on he was not dissing the other actors, some people will always find fault in anything.
Damn straight, and don't you forget it! After all, I AM a hater! :D
Just kidding, but good grief, the man goes to the bathroom like everyone else. He bleeds, he cries, he probably even farts. He's human. I'm not going to refrain from saying negative things just to avoid hurting any fans' sensitivities. I call 'em as I see 'em. And the more rah-rah stuff I read, the more I'll probably say more negative. That's how I operate.
And didn't you notice my comment about how he called it right when it came to fans??? I agreed with him, so apparently I didn't find fault in ALL he said. Gotta read the details, pal, gotta read the details.
And the man plants trees, bless his heart. Gotta love him for that. Still think it's a shitty comment he made.

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Apr 27 2010, 06:54 PM
Emma Frost
Apr 27 2010, 06:46 PM
crookedhalo
"One is pulling her toward the light, the other to darkness"

Is there another way to take that comment? I don't want to argue, for the first time he gave an interview where he didn't seem like he was pimping himself. I hate JS but this interview is like a shadow of hope in my eyes.
Yeah, but why is that dragging her down? Sami was always a better character when she was darker and more intelligent.

When she was banging Rafe she was the co-mayor of Dullsville which borders Idiot Falls. At least with EJ she has some intelligence and excitement. Plus, she gets to interact with more than just Rafe and his pointless sisters.

annie
Member Avatar

boy how I hate haters who crab about anything and everything. he is so wonderful even if he suffers from normal frailities like anybody else, super interview just like last one. he and Sami are more suited for each other and I like the way he compliments Ali. guess I just like the show. time for my pizza now and a cool brew. sorry to post and run but must spread the happy buzz.

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Quote:

She seems to do it effortlessly, and her performances are always first class.

LMAO!!! :roflol:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

annie
Apr 27 2010, 07:35 PM
boy how I hate haters who crab about anything and everything. he is so wonderful even if he suffers from normal frailities like anybody else, super interview just like last one. he and Sami are more suited for each other and I like the way he compliments Ali. guess I just like the show. time for my pizza now and a cool brew. sorry to post and run but must spread the happy buzz.
Posting and running a lot recently I noticed.

JS knows how bad the fanbase stuff can get, he's suffered from it too.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Apr 27 2010, 07:14 PM
JamesScott_19
Just kidding, but good grief, the man goes to the bathroom like everyone else. He bleeds, he cries, he probably even farts. He's human. I'm not going to refrain from saying negative things just to avoid hurting any fans' sensitivities. I call 'em as I see 'em. And the more rah-rah stuff I read, the more I'll probably say more negative. That's how I operate.
And didn't you notice my comment about how he called it right when it came to fans??? I agreed with him, so apparently I didn't find fault in ALL he said. Gotta read the details, pal, gotta read the details.
And the man plants trees, bless his heart. Gotta love him for that. Still think it's a shitty comment he made.
Posted Image

as always, bowing to your post.

Zoe_Zeppelin
Member Avatar
It had been a wonderful evening and what I needed now, to give it the perfect ending, was a little of the Ludwig Van.

ladyofthelake
JamesScott_19
LMFAO!!! :lol:

Thanks Angie!
Edited by Zoe_Zeppelin, Apr 27 2010, 08:08 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
JamesScott_19

Even though I'm a JS lover, I had to LOL at your post......"he probably even farts"......LOL!! :roflol:

I thought it was a pretty good article........Oh heck, who knows if it was or not.......I'm on cloud 9 right now with all the EJAMI spoilers and I can't even help myself!! :peek:

Oh well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts...... :wub2:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply