Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
May and June promo!
Topic Started: Apr 28 2010, 03:01 PM (12,061 Views)
UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 1 2010, 07:14 AM
tatigers81
Apr 30 2010, 10:11 AM
I agree I love them together, they are meant to be.
OK, phrases that should be outlawed in soap land:

"Meant to be"

"Soulmates"

"One true Love"

"My destiny"

All of the above are the whims of the writers (and the various preferences of the audience members. Personally, I think Sami is meant to be single and in the middle of the ocean on a dinghy somewhere at this point). But then again, if they do put them together, no more angst, and it's backburner city! :cheer:
Why should they be outlawed? If people want to express their views using such phrases, why shouldn't they? I though this was a free speech board. It's got nothing to do with the writers or their whims but merely an opinion of a poster's view, just like you're own.

I also think they're meant to be...............though I don't know how long for, this time around!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

UKDaysFan
May 3 2010, 03:25 AM
ladyofthelake
tatigers81

"Meant to be"

"Soulmates"

"One true Love"

"My destiny"

All of the above are the whims of the writers (and the various preferences of the audience members. Personally, I think Sami is meant to be single and in the middle of the ocean on a dinghy somewhere at this point). But then again, if they do put them together, no more angst, and it's backburner city! :cheer:
Why should they be outlawed? If people want to express their views using such phrases, why shouldn't they? I though this was a free speech board. It's got nothing to do with the writers or their whims but merely an opinion of a poster's view, just like you're own.

I also think they're meant to be...............though I don't know how long for, this time around!
Uh, because they're old and mundane?
Yeah, Maggie!

UKDaysFan
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 3 2010, 06:02 AM
UKDaysFan
ladyofthelake

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Yeah, Maggie!
and saying "pizza anyone" isn't?

Each to their own

Keith
Member Avatar

I do think the writers should avoid those terms like the plague.

ilovemydays

UKDaysFan
ladyofthelake
tatigers81

"Meant to be"

"Soulmates"

"One true Love"

"My destiny"

Why should they be outlawed? Maybe because those phrases are often served with a healthy dose of SPAM. That is JMO of course.

There are some useful ways to utlilize those phrases:

Meant to be...shipped off to Switzerland
Soulmates...just like a pair of stinky, moldy sneakers.
One true love...loving him is like loving herself.
Her destiny...because some people deserve a life of shit.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

UKDaysFan
ladyofthelake
tatigers81

"Meant to be"

"Soulmates"

"One true Love"

"My destiny"

I like soulmates or kindred spirits.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

ilovemydays
May 3 2010, 07:26 AM
UKDaysFan
ladyofthelake

Why should they be outlawed? Maybe because those phrases are often served with a healthy dose of SPAM. That is JMO of course.

There are some useful ways to utlilize those phrases:

Meant to be...shipped off to Switzerland
Soulmates...just like a pair of stinky, moldy sneakers.
One true love...loving him is like loving herself.
Her destiny...because some people deserve a life of shit.
:rockon: :applause:

Sariah
Member Avatar

CraneEmpire101
Apr 30 2010, 08:21 AM
ladyofthelake
Apr 30 2010, 05:40 AM
Y'know, though.....I think I agree with those who feel that the focal point should be Alice. Maybe that makes me an oldster (OK, hell, I AM an oldster!), but all the comments cheering on others besides Alice as being the highlight? Almost feels like sacrilege, but then again, I have to remember that not everyone remembers Alice. *sigh*. To me, Alice was and is the heart and soul and epitome of Days, not these Johnny-Come-Latelys. Shirtless is superficial......class and grace is forever.....
Hulu shows full episodes, right? Because I'm probably going to be out of town for three weeks during this! The one point I've been looking forward to for months, and I have to be out of town.
ITA!!

I have a feeling Alice won't be getting enough attention for this.

Its gonna be all about stupid EJ/Sami & Philip/Melanie again, as always.. ugh, Days has NO class or taste anymore.
OMG, I can so see them having Melanie give a speech at the funeral seeing as how she's in possession of the glitter these days. Will we have to see Melanie's pain over loving Alice? :soapbox:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Sariah
May 3 2010, 12:32 PM
CraneEmpire101
Apr 30 2010, 08:21 AM
ladyofthelake
Apr 30 2010, 05:40 AM
Y'know, though.....I think I agree with those who feel that the focal point should be Alice. Maybe that makes me an oldster (OK, hell, I AM an oldster!), but all the comments cheering on others besides Alice as being the highlight? Almost feels like sacrilege, but then again, I have to remember that not everyone remembers Alice. *sigh*. To me, Alice was and is the heart and soul and epitome of Days, not these Johnny-Come-Latelys. Shirtless is superficial......class and grace is forever.....
Hulu shows full episodes, right? Because I'm probably going to be out of town for three weeks during this! The one point I've been looking forward to for months, and I have to be out of town.
ITA!!

I have a feeling Alice won't be getting enough attention for this.

Its gonna be all about stupid EJ/Sami & Philip/Melanie again, as always.. ugh, Days has NO class or taste anymore.
OMG, I can so see them having Melanie give a speech at the funeral seeing as how she's in possession of the glitter these days. Will we have to see Melanie's pain over loving Alice? :soapbox:
If that happens I vow to boycott the show forever EVEN if my favorites ever return..... :soapbox:

TINA222
Member Avatar

They wouldnt dare make it about Melanie. Would they??? Now Im scared. That would just be soo wrong. The actress and the character deserve respect.

jackie1133

JamesScott_19
May 1 2010, 06:15 PM
CraneEmpire101
May 1 2010, 12:29 PM
I KNOW!! Rafe is the good guy here but everyone is holding on to this hope that EJ and Sami will get back together even though EJ is a prick.
I never saw Rafe as the good guy, if you count being a obnoxious superhero I guess so
"Good guys" bore me to tears but I like the old adage that "the good guys always finish last."

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

yea I agree with you there jackie1133, they just never were interesting. The only good people I root for is Maggie and Caroline.

lysie
Member Avatar

I have found that most of the "good" guys on the show weren't always good. The struggle they had with that is part of what made them interesting, IMO.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

lysie
May 3 2010, 02:41 PM
I have found that most of the "good" guys on the show weren't always good. The struggle they had with that is part of what made them interesting, IMO.
Which is why I wish they would delve into Rafe's past some more.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 3 2010, 08:39 PM
lysie
I've always hoped for that because, to me, his character is flatter than parts of Indiana. While I hate him with Sami, I do happen to enjoy him when mixed with other characters and it would do well for GG to catch a story that isn't tied exclusively to Sweeney.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

TINA222
May 3 2010, 12:39 PM
They wouldnt dare make it about Melanie. Would they??? Now Im scared. That would just be soo wrong. The actress and the character deserve respect.
You're avatar might be a jab at some character I might love but don't care I fricken Love it! I have an unhealthy obsession with the Lotr trilogy!! :wub:

Kiren
Member Avatar

UKDaysFan
May 3 2010, 06:08 AM
ladyofthelake
May 3 2010, 06:02 AM
UKDaysFan

Yeah, Maggie!
and saying "pizza anyone" isn't?

Each to their own
:lol: Ka-BLAMO! :$

Kiren
Member Avatar

jackie1133
May 3 2010, 12:44 PM
JamesScott_19
May 1 2010, 06:15 PM
CraneEmpire101
May 1 2010, 12:29 PM
I KNOW!! Rafe is the good guy here but everyone is holding on to this hope that EJ and Sami will get back together even though EJ is a prick.
I never saw Rafe as the good guy, if you count being a obnoxious superhero I guess so
"Good guys" bore me to tears but I like the old adage that "the good guys always finish last."
Same for me, In tvland - if the writers/actors can play it right..the grey characters are what do it for me, the good guys are almost never top of the list for me...

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

mer4santo
May 3 2010, 10:20 PM
ladyofthelake
lysie
I've always hoped for that because, to me, his character is flatter than parts of Indiana. While I hate him with Sami, I do happen to enjoy him when mixed with other characters and it would do well for GG to catch a story that isn't tied exclusively to Sweeney.
Or tied exclusively to Sami's babies.

I mean they brought in these siblings of his, yet he never has anything much to do with any of their stories. It's kind of weird to me. I mean sure they share throw away sounding board scenes, but Rafe really had almost nothing to do with Arianna's drug story, which to me was kind of odd given he's a law enforcement guy and he's been so dead set on doggedly pursuing the Sydnapper even after Sydney is home yet he doesn't want to find out who the big deal drug kingpin of Salem was that Troy was working for? Also Rafe doesn't have much to do with Arianna's romance with Brady so as to weigh in much on whether he thinks Brady is a good match for her when he has all this baggage with Nicole and I don't think that makes sense. Given how protective Rafe is about Sami's involvement with the DiMeras, you'd think Rafe would be a bit more protective about seeing his sister involved with a member of the notorious Kiriakis family/ex-drug addict, and somebody who was such a close confidant of Nicole and could wind up hurting his sister because of his closeness to Nicole.

I wonder if Rafe will help Arianna after she gets framed for the muggings at all.

Kiren
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 3 2010, 10:37 PM
mer4santo
May 3 2010, 10:20 PM
ladyofthelake

Or tied exclusively to Sami's babies.

I mean they brought in these siblings of his, yet he never has anything much to do with any of their stories. It's kind of weird to me. I mean sure they share throw away sounding board scenes, but Rafe really had almost nothing to do with Arianna's drug story, which to me was kind of odd given he's a law enforcement guy and he's been so dead set on doggedly pursuing the Sydnapper even after Sydney is home yet he doesn't want to find out who the big deal drug kingpin of Salem was that Troy was working for? Also Rafe doesn't have much to do with Arianna's romance with Brady so as to weigh in much on whether he thinks Brady is a good match for her when he has all this baggage with Nicole and I don't think that makes sense. Given how protective Rafe is about Sami's involvement with the DiMeras, you'd think Rafe would be a bit more protective about seeing his sister involved with a member of the notorious Kiriakis family/ex-drug addict, and somebody who was such a close confidant of Nicole and could wind up hurting his sister because of his closeness to Nicole.

I wonder if Rafe will help Arianna after she gets framed for the muggings at all.
I didn't may too much attention to those storylines, but now that I think about it-from what I saw, you're completely right! :thumbsup:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply