Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MBE Blogs about Days, back to ATWT for short run; Includes brief video
Topic Started: Apr 29 2010, 09:26 AM (2,513 Views)
esp13
Member Avatar

For those that don't know, Mary Beth Evans has a regular blog at Hybrid Mom talking about various projects in her life. This week, she talks about her return to Days for Alice's tribute and includes a short little behind the scenes video.

http://www.hybridmom.com/blog/?p=2772

Love the little tidbit about ATWT as well.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

LMAO @ Bry.. Are you tweetering like Sweeney?

Deleted User
Deleted User

So, did she just confirm she's returning to ATWT?
Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

That's what it sounded like to me -- that she's returning for a few episodes.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

This is so great! I love MBE! :wub: She's half of one of my most favorite SUPERcouples of all time. Seeing the video of everyone just makes me anxious to see everyone on screen. I think this is going to be really good. Wish SN could've been there as well, but he's making his mark over at Y&R.

I wish MBE only the best!! :wub:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Wow! Everyone looks fantastic in the video...I am so looking forward to these scenes.

It's only bittersweet because I'd love to see most of them stick around. :(

Thanks for posting!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. SOD just picked this up about her return to ATWT. SOD also said MBE's first air date back in Salem is June 17th.

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Tthanks for posting this.

MBE is such a classy lady and actress. I miss seeing her on DOOL but tptb bungled her return. I am sure these shows that are a tribute to FR will be very memorable.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

"Are you twittering like Sweeney?" LMAO :laugh: Bryan's hilarious and it looks like he has Christie laughing too, just like the old days. Caught a little glimpse of little Allie there and she was smiling for once.

It was funny too how Wally told her to stop pointing the camera at him because she had already gotten enough of him LOL.

Good to see everyone. Charles was pretty goofy. They seem to be getting ready to film the scenes in the cemetery. I want to say that guy with the glasses that is sitting on the stature giving instructions is Noel Maxam. Just a guess. I figure he will be directing most of these tribute episodes. He tends to handle the big shows like this.

Awesome that MBE is going back to ATWT too. I was wondering if she would be asked since I figure we will see a few returns for their final episodes. It was interesting in her blog when she mentioned how years ago she would never return to a show without a contract. I can remember that. Days wanted her to return with Kim for Zack's baptism and she refused. It's always interesting how getting older can change things. I think she knows that going back can have it's benefits, even if your only back for a little bit.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 29 2010, 11:46 AM.

Agent Orange

I think I saw KA's spine. I'm concerned about her. The show should do something about it.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

What exactly should the show do? Force her to eat?

DOOLFan85

Agent Orange
Apr 29 2010, 11:49 AM
I think I saw KA's spine. I'm concerned about her. The show should do something about it.
I don't think it was that bad.

Ellie

Sindacco
Apr 29 2010, 11:52 AM
Tell her they'd like her to get help, arrange for her to see someone, and take her off the air until she gains weight. It would be for her own good.

Agent Orange

Sindacco
No, but they could make her employment contingent on her getting treatment.
Edited by Agent Orange, Apr 29 2010, 11:59 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Ellie
Apr 29 2010, 11:57 AM
Sindacco
Tell her they'd like her to get help, arrange for her to see someone, and take her off the air until she gains weight. It would be for her own good.
Or they could go the passive aggressive route, and only put her in scenes that involve large amounts of food.

DOOLFan85

Ellie
Sindacco
I could be wrong, but did they do something close to that on Friends with Jennifer Aniston and Countrey Cox. They were getting too many letters in at NBC that they were to skinny and the producers happen to pass them message and gained some back.
Edited by DOOLFan85, Apr 29 2010, 12:03 PM.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

I adore MBE! :)

Can never have enough Wally lol.

It was good to see all those people back together again.

I'm happy to hear about MBE heading back to ATWT. :)

esp13
Member Avatar

For those of you that are MBE fans, you should definitely check out her blog on a regular basis. She does one for Hybrid Mom every Thursday. If you look back on her archives, you'll find ones about her trip to Europe last summer, her kids, her garden, her home improvement projects, and -- every now again -- her professional life as well (she blogged about the play she did last February several times). The woman is definitely a multi-tasker in the extreme and seems to have a lot of fun doing it all.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Sindacco
Assuming they know something (or are just as concerned as many fans are), I would think they already talked to her about it at some point over the years. Maybe there isn't an eating problem. Maybe it's just smoking related. I used to have an aunt that smoked like crazy and she was rather gaunt too. I don't think this is the case here since Kristian's weight does tend to fluctuate but just tossing it out there.

I don't think the show can force her to get help or tell her she can't work. They can encourage her to get help and maybe do an intervention but I would think forcing her hand in that way could create other potential problems, especially if they don't necessarily have proof that something is wrong other then how she looks.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Thanks for posting, esp13! Mary Beth is so charming and personable and I'll be really happy to see her back. Cute video too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply