Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MBE Blogs about Days, back to ATWT for short run; Includes brief video
Topic Started: Apr 29 2010, 09:26 AM (2,547 Views)
DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

MBE is so adorable, TFP!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 29 2010, 01:09 PM
Ellie
Apr 29 2010, 11:57 AM
Sindacco
Apr 29 2010, 11:52 AM
What exactly should the show do? Force her to eat?
Tell her they'd like her to get help, arrange for her to see someone, and take her off the air until she gains weight. It would be for her own good.
Assuming they know something (or are just as concerned as many fans are), I would think they already talked to her about it at some point over the years. Maybe there isn't an eating problem. Maybe it's just smoking related. I used to have an aunt that smoked like crazy and she was rather gaunt too. I don't think this is the case here since Kristian's weight does tend to fluctuate but just tossing it out there.

I don't think the show can force her to get help or tell her she can't work. They can encourage her to get help and maybe do an intervention but I would think forcing her hand in that way could create other potential problems, especially if they don't necessarily have proof that something is wrong other then how she looks.
I would think they could force her to not work. They do it to overweight actors all the time. I wish, at the very least, they'd pay closer attention to her hair and wardrobe since often those elements make all the difference.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

lysie
Apr 29 2010, 01:49 PM
PhoenixRising05
Ellie
Apr 29 2010, 11:57 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Assuming they know something (or are just as concerned as many fans are), I would think they already talked to her about it at some point over the years. Maybe there isn't an eating problem. Maybe it's just smoking related. I used to have an aunt that smoked like crazy and she was rather gaunt too. I don't think this is the case here since Kristian's weight does tend to fluctuate but just tossing it out there.

I don't think the show can force her to get help or tell her she can't work. They can encourage her to get help and maybe do an intervention but I would think forcing her hand in that way could create other potential problems, especially if they don't necessarily have proof that something is wrong other then how she looks.
I would think they could force her to not work. They do it to overweight actors all the time. I wish, at the very least, they'd pay closer attention to her hair and wardrobe since often those elements make all the difference.
What actors are you talking about? Joe Mascolo, John Aniston and John Callahan are all on pretty much.
Edited by Sindacco, Apr 29 2010, 02:20 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Apr 29 2010, 02:19 PM
lysie
Apr 29 2010, 01:49 PM
PhoenixRising05

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
What actors are you talking about? Joe Mascolo, John Aniston and John Callahan are all on pretty much.
I didn't mean Days specifically.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Paxton
Apr 29 2010, 01:31 PM
Thanks for posting, esp13! Mary Beth is so charming and personable and I'll be really happy to see her back. Cute video too.
Mary Beth is definitely fun and charming. I love that she wanted to have a group photo and it just kept getting bigger and bigger. I can't wait to see all the interactions between the cast members when all of this finally airs.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

esp13
Apr 29 2010, 05:23 PM
Paxton
Apr 29 2010, 01:31 PM
Thanks for posting, esp13! Mary Beth is so charming and personable and I'll be really happy to see her back. Cute video too.
Mary Beth is definitely fun and charming. I love that she wanted to have a group photo and it just kept getting bigger and bigger. I can't wait to see all the interactions between the cast members when all of this finally airs.
Back in 2007 when Days had that Horton/Brady BBQ (which was Frances' second to last appearance), they did a group photo like this one after filming it so I wouldn't be surprised if MB put that one together too.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I remember that picture--it was a good one.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

AW, this is so bittersweet for me! I loved watching everyone saying hi to the camera! I loved how CS said that the vid was a good idea! BD was funny with his line! It just feels like a great vibe there!

Thanks for sharing!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Sarah
Member Avatar

thnx don't know half people l saw :laugh: thnc for posting

Sarah
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 29 2010, 11:44 AM
"Are you twittering like Sweeney?" LMAO :laugh: Bryan's hilarious and it looks like he has Christie laughing too, just like the old days. Caught a little glimpse of little Allie there and she was smiling for once.

It was funny too how Wally told her to stop pointing the camera at him because she had already gotten enough of him LOL.

Good to see everyone. Charles was pretty goofy. They seem to be getting ready to film the scenes in the cemetery. I want to say that guy with the glasses that is sitting on the stature giving instructions is Noel Maxam. Just a guess. I figure he will be directing most of these tribute episodes. He tends to handle the big shows like this.

Awesome that MBE is going back to ATWT too. I was wondering if she would be asked since I figure we will see a few returns for their final episodes. It was interesting in her blog when she mentioned how years ago she would never return to a show without a contract. I can remember that. Days wanted her to return with Kim for Zack's baptism and she refused. It's always interesting how getting older can change things. I think she knows that going back can have it's benefits, even if your only back for a little bit.
That's not the same the soap get canceled l loved on atwt , their l saw her for first time on TV.,

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

That was awesome. Thanks for sharing. Brings back good memories. LOVE seeing Charles Shaunessy again!

mlynnd

This is awesome news! A double-dose of Mary Beth -- what could be better? Oh, I know...her getting something permanent so we can see her onscreen more often!

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I know. I love her as Sierra as well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply