Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Days" Says Goodbye to Alice Horton: A Sneak Peek
Topic Started: Apr 29 2010, 06:47 PM (6,772 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

"Days" Says Goodbye to Alice Horton: A Sneak Peek, featuring a special preview of the Alice Horton memorial episodes of June 23, June 24 and June 25.

Episode # 11362
Airdate: Wednesday, June 23, 2010

TEASER ACT
Scene A: Bo & Hope's House (Bo, Kayla, Kimberly)
Scene B: Plane Limbo (Shane, Rafe, Xs)
Scene C: Brady Pub (Roman, Carrie, Sami, Allie U/5, Xs)
Scene D: Horton Kitchen (Hope, Doug)
FLASHBACK # 5384 (Airdate: 12/25/86)

ACT ONE
Scene A: Maggie's Kitchen (Maggie, Bill)
Scene B: Brady Pub (Roman, Carrie, Sami, Allie U/5, Xs)

For more info, please visit http://www.jason47.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dc cubs
Member Avatar

Jason, thanks for the sneak peek. Looks like we get some family bonding time for the Hortons and Bradys. I'm really looking forward to these episodes.

ETA: It doesn't appear there is any type of church service. There are scenes at the Horton and Brady houses and then off to the cemetery.

I love that there appear to be a lot of flashbacks.
Edited by dc cubs, Apr 29 2010, 07:01 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

YES! Carrie and Sami scenes! I cant wait for those!

Thanks for the preview!

peaches179

Thanks Jason! I'm looking forward to seeing this! :)

peaches179

dc cubs
Apr 29 2010, 06:51 PM

:wub: :wub:

LovingDays

wow thank you very much jason

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
Apr 29 2010, 06:51 PM
Jason, thanks for the sneak peek. Looks like we get some family bonding time for the Hortons and Bradys. I'm really looking forward to these episodes.

ETA: It doesn't appear there is any type of church service. There are scenes at the Horton and Brady houses and then off to the cemetery.

I noticed no church service either, which I guess is no big deal. Tom's service was in the hospital chapel and I remember someone pointing out to me (and I always tend to forget this detail) when I was writing a Christmas Eve episode for a fan fiction how the Horton's being in church for mass was weird because they weren't Catholic. Maybe they have the gathering celebrating her life at the house and then go on to the cemetery. Regardless, alot of time is spent at that cemetery so that has to be where the service takes place. I'm ok with that. I've been to a service that was merely at a cemetery.

We will be getting LOADS of flashbacks and the thing is this is just for her memorial episodes. We know people visit her as she passes away so we will probably get more then. Looking at the dates of the flashbacks, Days really dug deep. I'm shocked they went that far back. I thought they may just stay in the 80's and 90's and MAYBE throw one or two 70's ones in there with her, Tom, Doug, and Julie. Days really is going all out and devoting alot of time to this.

I love all the family bonding too. Carrie/Sami scenes should be good. I hate that Sami doesn't go to the cemetery.

Also, where is Mike? He doesn't seem to appear anywhere until June 25 and he's in one scene with a nurse. I guess we know why he wasn't in the group picture but why the hell is he not at the cemetery?
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Apr 29 2010, 07:10 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Hmm, I'm not seeing Mike's name in any of those episodes. Roark Critchlow must not be coming back.

I'm happy to see that Kim/Shane and Kate/Bill will be sharing scenes. I wish we could have a Kate/Laura scene as well.

Love the amount of flashbacks!

No funeral at the church? Lame.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Love all of the Hortons, and Brady scenes. Thanks Jason for posting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Apr 29 2010, 07:15 PM
Hmm, I'm not seeing Mike's name in any of those episodes. Roark Critchlow must not be coming back.

Mike is listed on the 6/25 episode in like one of the last scenes with some nurse.

It's very strange.

alstonboy4315
Member Avatar
"Even iron bends"..Victoria Rowell

So sad when an icon leaves the planet!! There will never be another matriarchal character quite like Alice Reid on this show!!! I don't watch DAYS, but I will definitely be tuning in for this!!!

dc cubs
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Apr 29 2010, 07:19 PM
Kenny

Mike is listed on the 6/25 episode in like one of the last scenes with some nurse.

It's very strange.
Strange indeed. Why is Mike not in any other scenes?

The other thing I liked is that these episodes are heavily concentrated on the tribute and the returns. Yes, there's some Chad and Madeline in there but its very minor.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

dc cubs
Apr 29 2010, 07:23 PM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 29 2010, 07:19 PM
Kenny

It's very strange.
Strange indeed. Why is Mike not in any other scenes?

The other thing I liked is that these episodes are heavily concentrated on the tribute and the returns. Yes, there's some Chad and Madeline in there but its very minor.
Yeah. The other storylines seem more like throw in scenes with the tribute dominating. That is a good thing.

I wish we had some information on the episodes preceding this starting with when the returns actually get going. Perhaps Mike is in those episodes and ends up having to go do something at the hospital (in act 7 of the 6/25 episode, he's with a nurse), which is strange given he's not working there but who knows. Maybe Roark was only available on certain days. Weird.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Thanks Jason. Looking forward to all this.

DOOLFan85

Kenny

Yeah that's my only disappointment. They could had gotten a lot of emotional stuff from that. At least everything else going to be promising.

Thanks Jason!
Edited by DOOLFan85, Apr 29 2010, 07:39 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DOOLFan85
Apr 29 2010, 07:39 PM
Kenny

Yeah that's my only disappointment. They could had gotten a lot of emotional stuff from that. At least everything else going to be promising.

Thanks Jason!
What difference does it make if it's in a church (especially since it seems the Horton's aren't Catholic)? Many people have outdoor funerals or funerals in the cemetery. As long as there is a service or memorial of some kind, which there clearly is, that is all that matters. Tom's was in a hospital chapel.

Now, if it ends up like Mickey's, then that would be horrible.

LovingDays

so Judi (adrienne) is still airing ?
Edited by LovingDays, Apr 29 2010, 07:51 PM.

Sarah
Member Avatar

Thnx :D Crap carrie is back can't stand her oh well in south Africa anyway than ,. football cup,
thank you for posting have fun watching it everyone.

AlisonLou

LovingDays
Apr 29 2010, 07:50 PM
so Judi (adrienne) is still airing ?
Yes. She will be on for awhile. Wally said in his interview Dena's a Justin and Adrienne fan and he thinks she has something coming up for them.

Morganarose

Really looking forward to this and to the reuniting of all the Bradys and Hortons with tons of flashbacks. I can't wait for these shows. Such rich history that many of us have watched since the show started on the air. What a treat for long time fans.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply