Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"Days" Says Goodbye to Alice Horton: A Sneak Peek
Topic Started: Apr 29 2010, 06:47 PM (6,798 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

catsmeouch
May 1 2010, 09:29 AM
I think it's better that they aren't having a church funeral. That way, they can say that Alice's relatives Sandy Horton, Jessica Fallon, Steve Olson, David Banning, Scotty Banning, Jeremy Horton and Sarah Horton came to the funeral but opted not to attend the internment.

My theory is that Kim and Shane will end up reuniting at the funeral and leave town together. Hopefully they will return for Days' 45th anniversary and tie the knot on screen.

Good to see Carrie in some scenes with Sami. I am praying that Carrie punches the shyte out of her evil bitch sister!
You left out Nick. Of course, I guess he's still supposed to be in jail. :unsure:
It's still not right. They've gotten around this before. They can do it again. Alice deserves the works.

I WILL agree...it would be entertaining to see Carrie punch Sami out, but since Sami's all glitterfied and reborn, I doubt that will happen.
Edited by ladyofthelake, May 1 2010, 12:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

catsmeouch

I don't think a church service is necessary as long as everyone is by her grave, speaking about her and remembering. It's the same thing they would've done at the church except it's outside in the cemetery.

Also, I didn't leave out Nick..as you said, he's still in jail. Did Blake Berris ever share scenes with Frances Reid anyway?

lysie
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 1 2010, 12:33 PM
catsmeouch
I think it's better that they aren't having a church funeral. That way, they can say that Alice's relatives Sandy Horton, Jessica Fallon, Steve Olson, David Banning, Scotty Banning, Jeremy Horton and Sarah Horton came to the funeral but opted not to attend the internment.

My theory is that Kim and Shane will end up reuniting at the funeral and leave town together. Hopefully they will return for Days' 45th anniversary and tie the knot on screen.

Good to see Carrie in some scenes with Sami. I am praying that Carrie punches the shyte out of her evil bitch sister!
You left out Nick. Of course, I guess he's still supposed to be in jail. :unsure:
It's still not right. They've gotten around this before. They can do it again. Alice deserves the works.

I WILL agree...it would be entertaining to see Carrie punch Sami out, but since Sami's all glitterfied and reborn, I doubt that will happen.
If Carrie punched Sami again, I would cry from happiness.

Deleted User
Deleted User

lysie
May 1 2010, 02:08 PM
ladyofthelake
May 1 2010, 12:33 PM
catsmeouch

If Carrie punched Sami again, I would cry from happiness.
me too :)
Quote Post Goto Top

jaygibson77
Member Avatar

catsmeouch
May 1 2010, 02:05 PM
I don't think a church service is necessary as long as everyone is by her grave, speaking about her and remembering. It's the same thing they would've done at the church except it's outside in the cemetery.

Also, I didn't leave out Nick..as you said, he's still in jail. Did Blake Berris ever share scenes with Frances Reid anyway?
Posted Image

jaygibson77
Member Avatar

Why don't they just do a montage of Christmas scenes ... that'd get almost every single Horton!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jaygibson77
May 3 2010, 09:12 AM
Why don't they just do a montage of Christmas scenes ... that'd get almost every single Horton!
That would probably make too many people cry. :'(

Plus, do they have to pay royalties or whatever to anyone who shows up on a flashback who's not on the show anymore? Although, I would love to see Christmas montages.
I want to see Alice with Tom again, calling him "darling".
Oh, folks, dammit. Alice is worth a million of all these other characters we keep debating about on this board.
If ANYONE deserves that tired old "meant to be/soulmates" line, it's them.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 4 2010, 05:57 AM
Plus, do they have to pay royalties or whatever to anyone who shows up on a flashback who's not on the show anymore?
Nope.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Sindacco
May 4 2010, 06:13 AM
ladyofthelake
May 4 2010, 05:57 AM
Plus, do they have to pay royalties or whatever to anyone who shows up on a flashback who's not on the show anymore?
I believe that they do have to pay anyone who is shown on air in a flashback. Just the same way they have to pay them for using a photograph (such as Anna looking at Tony)

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I've heard they don't have to. The show pays the actor when they shoot it and that's it. If it's in flashbacks later it's the shows property.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Sindacco, I don't think that's true under the SAG/AFTRA contracts that the actors have. I think they have to get paid for flashback footage just like other TV actors get residuals when reruns of their shows appear in syndication.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Sindacco is right. I read in SOD a few years ago that they don't have to pay royalties when using flashbacks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply