Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer look: Stephanie
Topic Started: Apr 30 2010, 01:59 PM (2,372 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's toes posting this, but just thought I'd add this summary to the spoilers...

Shelley Hennig talks about the different direction they are taking Stephanie in. She says Stephanie is upset with Melanie for taking Max, then Philip and now she's afraid she'll take Nathan away from her. She's enjoying playing Stephanie as more of a bad girl and thinks the show is happy with that direction too, but she tries to soften Stephanie with the vulnerability that "she can't help herself."

Stephanie realizes Philip and Melanie's marriage is in trouble when she sees him drinking and she's scared if they break up that Nathan will go after Melanie. She realizes the situation with Nathan's feelings for Melanie and Stephanie's way of dealing with it is doing what she can to make Nathan forget about her.

Stephanie on a whim throws out her birth control pills on the pier, then goes to have sex with Nathan. SH says she is not thinking about what raising a child would be like or what it would do to her and Nathan. "It's a desperate act."

Melanie finds Stephanie's birth control pills when a homeless woman comes into the hospital who brought the pills in with her and Melanie confronts Stephanie. Stephanie is caught off-guard but claims she just must've lost the pills and isn't up to anything. She doesn't think Melanie buys her explanation, but is prepared to come up with something else if need be.

Stephanie later meets up with Brady, who has been told by Melanie about the pills. Brady accuses her of trying to trap Nathan with a pregnancy, but Stephanie says Melanie is crazy for telling everyone this when she just lost them.

But Stephanie is afraid of what will happen if Melanie goes to Nathan with her accusations, although she plans to just play it off on Melanie and her not getting along.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thanks for posting! I didn't get a chance to get SOW yet this week.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

So, a homeless woman finds her pills and brings them into the hospital? Sorry, a tad bit far fetched. But then again, we are talking about a show that has one with 2 different personalities, a woman trying like anything to kill someone else and a priest that is one person's personal guide. OK. And we're wondering why ratings are doing down?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

IMissAremid
Apr 30 2010, 01:59 PM
Stephanie later meets up with Brady, who has been told by Melanie about the pills. Brady accuses her of trying to trap Nathan with a pregnancy, but Stephanie says Melanie is crazy for telling everyone this when she just lost them.
Thank you, show--another reason not to watch. Melanie up on her high horse over Stephanie--no thanks.

But thanks for posting!

*This post has been brought to you by the word "thanks."

esp13
Member Avatar

Not that I like anything about this storyline, nor do I want Stephanie to get pregnant just to keep Nathan (it's desperate and he's so not worth it), but what the hell business is it of Brady's?

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

This SL has the ick factor written all over it.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

I find it hard to believe that Nathan would cause this kind of desperation in any woman. He is just so bland. And I'm sure Brady sticking his nose in this saga will annoy the hell out of me.

Thanks for posting IMA.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

talbab1994
Apr 30 2010, 02:09 PM
So, a homeless woman finds her pills and brings them into the hospital? Sorry, a tad bit far fetched. But then again, we are talking about a show that has one with 2 different personalities, a woman trying like anything to kill someone else and a priest that is one person's personal guide. OK. And we're wondering why ratings are doing down?
:lol:

I agree this sounds incredibly far-fetched.

That Stephanie throws these away in a public place, that a homeless person digs them out of the trash, that a homeless person winds up in the hospital because of them, that something about the pills makes it clear they were Stephanie's... I mean it's like a convolutapalooza.

What bugs me the most I guess is that I've gotten pills before that had a pharmacy label with your name on it inside the little plastic shell that holds them, but that's not always how it works so it would be totally a crapshoot that Melanie could even know that they were Steph's pills.

I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes where Dena is getting more control over the stories again somehow or something changed. I mean for like a year she was a mute shoved away in some attic that no one heard from and no one mentioned and now that the stories take a turn for the worse the show is trotting Dena out again? Do Tomlin and Whitesell just know this is so bad that they don't want the credit for it any more? Is Corday done writing his book and interfering again and pushing for Dena over others?

I don't get it.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Why, Brady's participation is one of those random character interactions that just makes soaps what they are. Of course.

I seriously kind of love this. It's so far over-the-top and so tragically old-school (loving that the core of this chick is keepin' her man, and the whole idea of a baby cementing a relationship is...quaint) that it's almost awesome. Hell, all we need is some drugs (Validan to keep your man) and a paternity swap by a hospital employee and we're all OVER the 90s. That's neat.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

esp13
Apr 30 2010, 02:22 PM
Not that I like anything about this storyline, nor do I want Stephanie to get pregnant just to keep Nathan (it's desperate and he's so not worth it), but what the hell business is it of Brady's?
So true!

Brady is such a busy-body douche.

OliveAnn

I hope some younger actors will take a bit time to read this interview. Maybe they'll learn how to explain their character's actions properly.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Wow. This is a dumb storyline.

I really can't believe every storyline has to center on a freaking baby! We ALL know Stephanie's gonna get knocked up.

Melanie should have been the bitch in this. I don't buy her as the googly eyed good girl.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

px780
Apr 30 2010, 02:32 PM
Why, Brady's participation is one of those random character interactions that just makes soaps what they are. Of course.

I seriously kind of love this. It's so far over-the-top and so tragically old-school (loving that the core of this chick is keepin' her man, and the whole idea of a baby cementing a relationship is...quaint) that it's almost awesome. Hell, all we need is some drugs (Validan to keep your man) and a paternity swap by a hospital employee and we're all OVER the 90s. That's neat.
I agree. It's an old school soap plot.

However, the way Melanie learns of what Stephanie did is stupid as hell. How about just having Melanie see Steph throwing something away? Then, she walks over and gets the pills out of the trash. That would've worked so much better. But, soaps are all about contrivances so whatever.

I like that they have Stephanie's actions getting worse and worse. It's been a nice transformation.

OliveAnn

KMan101
Apr 30 2010, 02:35 PM
Wow. This is a dumb storyline.

I really can't believe every storyline has to center on a freaking baby! We ALL know Stephanie's gonna get knocked up.

Melanie should have been the bitch in this. I don't buy her as the googly eyed good girl.
Dumb storyline, indeed.

It's likely Steph will get knocked up, but who knows if she'll actually have the baby?

Funny, I don't buy Melanie as a bad girl at all. I actually think the only good thing abot this whole idiocricy is Stephanie and Melanie switching roles. IMO, it suits the actresses better.
So, we'll agree to disagree on this.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

I could enjoy the change in Steph more if the show wasn't so wussy about it.

I mean... she's a VILLAIN because she didn't do Melanie's bidding and play Cupid to unite Melanie and the man she wanted with her love letter on the day Melanie was set to marry the fiance that Melanie stole away from her? Bitch, please.

Now if they had her delivering the letter and changing things up in the wording of it (which I actually think kept Carly and Bo apart when Carly married Victor... which I guess is what they were going for with that) now that would be more like it.

It'd also be better if she was calculated rather than just impulsive about throwing out her pills. Own the bitch and run with it old-fashioned Sami Brady style, dammit.

Anyway... so who can't wait for the inevitable Stephathan/Phloe baby switch story next year?

talbab1994
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Apr 30 2010, 03:05 PM
I could enjoy the change in Steph more if the show wasn't so wussy about it.

I mean... she's a VILLAIN because she didn't do Melanie's bidding and play Cupid to unite Melanie and the man she wanted with her love letter on the day Melanie was set to marry the fiance that Melanie stole away from her? Bitch, please.

Now if they had her delivering the letter and changing things up in the wording of it (which I actually think kept Carly and Bo apart when Carly married Victor... which I guess is what they were going for with that) now that would be more like it.

It'd also be better if she was calculated rather than just impulsive about throwing out her pills. Own the bitch and run with it old-fashioned Sami Brady style, dammit.

Anyway... so who can't wait for the inevitable Stephathan/Phloe baby switch story next year?
PLEASE, NO MORE BABY SWITCHES!! PLEASE!!! :drunk:

pagraves
Member Avatar

I don't know why they have to make her into a clinging man chaser. She's been, up to this point, reasonably sane and independent. She has a job, she has a family to love and support her, and she didn't catch her mother screwing some guy on a conference table. What reason does she have to motivate this behavior?

Can't the show just have a decent, stand-up heroine people root for? For the right reasons, I mean, not just because they hate Melanie.

esp13
Member Avatar

I think the answer to that question is a resounding "NO," unfortunately.

As much as I'm ashamed to say it because it goes against my general principles, I think I could enjoy Stephanie embracing her inner bitch if it wasn't about keeping Nathan. As ridiculous as it may sound, I can accept Stephanie's actions far more if they are about getting even and/or hurting Melanie much better than if they are about keeping a man. Granted, that's largely because I can't stand Melanie and hate that the entire town of Salem now thinks she is the very epitome of wonder and light. So, if Stephanie's main motivation was about sticking it to Mel, I'd probably enjoy her bitchiness and manipulations much more. But, since it seems more about hanging onto Nathan, it bugs me because it's desperate and Nathan isn't worth it.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

I really enjoy Stephanie these days, but for goodness sakes! This is beyond stupid!! Hopefully, the actors can rise to the challenge (hopefully Mark H. will NOT rise when he sees SH so that I can believe Nathan is hot for Melanie as oppose to Stephanie). But mmmkay

Thanks for posting

Taelyn

IMissAremid
Apr 30 2010, 02:31 PM
talbab1994
Apr 30 2010, 02:09 PM
:lol:

I agree this sounds incredibly far-fetched.

That Stephanie throws these away in a public place, that a homeless person digs them out of the trash, that a homeless person winds up in the hospital because of them, that something about the pills makes it clear they were Stephanie's... I mean it's like a convolutapalooza.

What bugs me the most I guess is that I've gotten pills before that had a pharmacy label with your name on it inside the little plastic shell that holds them, but that's not always how it works so it would be totally a crapshoot that Melanie could even know that they were Steph's pills.

I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes where Dena is getting more control over the stories again somehow or something changed. I mean for like a year she was a mute shoved away in some attic that no one heard from and no one mentioned and now that the stories take a turn for the worse the show is trotting Dena out again? Do Tomlin and Whitesell just know this is so bad that they don't want the credit for it any more? Is Corday done writing his book and interfering again and pushing for Dena over others?

I don't get it.
I was also wondering about Dena poking her head out of her shell, And since so many of the stories are so stupid, and the rating dropping maybe it was a plan to get rid of her and be able to have good cause.. and then somehow save this moving disaster.

Well, I atleast hope thats the plan.
Her writing style is so discombobulated that everything is hard to watch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply