Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer look: Stephanie
Topic Started: Apr 30 2010, 01:59 PM (2,390 Views)
DOOLFan85

IMissAremid
Apr 30 2010, 03:05 PM

Anyway... so who can't wait for the inevitable Stephathan/Phloe baby switch story next year?
:scared: Another one...but I forget this is Dena's meat and potatos to every storyline. Babies, babies, and more babies! Along with long lost children. We shouldn't be this naive should we.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aliaron
Member Avatar

This is Steve and Kayla's daugher? In what world?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

PhoenixRising05
Apr 30 2010, 02:36 PM
However, the way Melanie learns of what Stephanie did is stupid as hell. How about just having Melanie see Steph throwing something away? Then, she walks over and gets the pills out of the trash. That would've worked so much better. But, soaps are all about contrivances so whatever.
I see it as a Reilly kinda move, in the sense that it's like Fate is all up over this one.

It also makes Stephanie that much worse because a poor, already-suffering homeless person just, um, looking for some drugs in the dumpster- possibly to cure an illness- becomes her victim. Evil bitch can't help but hurt people.

Which is not to say that I don't see how convoluted it is. I just think the convoluted-ness transforms it into Awesome. Where else but a soap would you see this kind of storyline? Seriously. These writers are dedicated to the craft.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I just don't buy any story Dena throws at us because it's BORING. 2003 with her at the helm was stupid and boring. And while I fuly believe Tomlin and Whitessel had a BIG hand in turning the show around, we're back to stupid and boring.

I do like the Hope storyline for the most part, but overall, it's still stupid. It's not boring by any means, but I feel like we're not being presented everything. It's just kind of all over the place.

The villains are so watered down. Why are they STUPID? Stefano and Vivian would have wiped the floor with these people! Vivian's too busy whining and cowering in the back. This is the same woman who buried Carly alive and framed her for the deaths of patients as well as trying to kill Caroline to frame Carly for it. I mean, COME ON. At least Stefano somewhat got his balls back.

It's like Higley doesn't like to have anyone be the bad guy, yet Carly gets the Billie treatment? Carly was mostly liked by everyone. She shouldn't have gotten involved with Bo while he was still with Hope (yes, they were firmly separated by that point) but she didn't break them up and cause them to end their relationship. Bo chose to get with Carly. She never forced him or held a gun to his head or manipulated him.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

OMG,this is so 1970s when the woman would trap a man with a kid...can we just move on from this..this character is boring as hell..Im sorry,she has not clicked with anyone..possibly Phillip,and she annoys the hell out of me.I enjoyed her,when her parents were there...so its odd I dont like her now.

Bradyclan

Awful storyline.I'm enjoying Steph way more than Mel, these days but this is a stupid storyline.

This quad is a total failure. None of the characters are appealing or rootable. Also, Nathan is an absolute bore. I really wish they could bring back Nick...or even Max for that matter.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Bradyclan
Apr 30 2010, 09:25 PM
Awful storyline.I'm enjoying Steph way more than Mel, these days but this is a stupid storyline.

This quad is a total failure. None of the characters are appealing or rootable. Also, Nathan is an absolute bore. I really wish they could bring back Nick...or even Max for that matter.
I don't really miss Uncle Max, but I really liked Nick and I always thought he and Stephanie could have been an interesting pairing down the road as she was such a bitch to him at the beginning, then came to be a friend, and you could've played out the whole saga of the geeky guy and the bombshell.

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

What a interesting read :sleep: :sleep:

C`mon writers please make stephanie likebale,she is pathetic now.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

They should have made the triangle more about Melanie and Stephanie with Nathan as an afterthought like in the Brady/Nicole/Ari triangle. Mel/Steph are much more interesting as frenemies.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

IMissAremid
Apr 30 2010, 09:33 PM
Bradyclan
Apr 30 2010, 09:25 PM

I don't really miss Uncle Max, but I really liked Nick and I always thought he and Stephanie could have been an interesting pairing down the road as she was such a bitch to him at the beginning, then came to be a friend, and you could've played out the whole saga of the geeky guy and the bombshell.
I just miss Nick, period. And Blake Berris could act AND he wasn't the stereotypical soap hunk, which to me, makes him doubly adorable. He was Everyguy.

sungrey

px780
Apr 30 2010, 04:44 PM
PhoenixRising05
Apr 30 2010, 02:36 PM
However, the way Melanie learns of what Stephanie did is stupid as hell. How about just having Melanie see Steph throwing something away? Then, she walks over and gets the pills out of the trash. That would've worked so much better. But, soaps are all about contrivances so whatever.
I see it as a Reilly kinda move, in the sense that it's like Fate is all up over this one.

It also makes Stephanie that much worse because a poor, already-suffering homeless person just, um, looking for some drugs in the dumpster- possibly to cure an illness- becomes her victim. Evil bitch can't help but hurt people.

Which is not to say that I don't see how convoluted it is. I just think the convoluted-ness transforms it into Awesome. Where else but a soap would you see this kind of storyline? Seriously. These writers are dedicated to the craft.
Funny you should mention Fate. Days' current EP, Gary Tomlin, was once a director on Passions, where it seemed the female characters weren't complete without chasing after a man. (Not dissing the show, just bringing up the similarity.)

Shelley deserves better than this, but I'm afraid Stephanie's going to be outside looking in within about six months.

Kiren
Member Avatar
Some people are alive only because itís illegal to kill them.

IMissAremid
Apr 30 2010, 02:31 PM
talbab1994
Apr 30 2010, 02:09 PM
So, a homeless woman finds her pills and brings them into the hospital? Sorry, a tad bit far fetched. But then again, we are talking about a show that has one with 2 different personalities, a woman trying like anything to kill someone else and a priest that is one person's personal guide. OK. And we're wondering why ratings are doing down?
:lol:

I agree this sounds incredibly far-fetched.

That Stephanie throws these away in a public place, that a homeless person digs them out of the trash, that a homeless person winds up in the hospital because of them, that something about the pills makes it clear they were Stephanie's... I mean it's like a convolutapalooza.

What bugs me the most I guess is that I've gotten pills before that had a pharmacy label with your name on it inside the little plastic shell that holds them, but that's not always how it works so it would be totally a crapshoot that Melanie could even know that they were Steph's pills.

I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes where Dena is getting more control over the stories again somehow or something changed. I mean for like a year she was a mute shoved away in some attic that no one heard from and no one mentioned and now that the stories take a turn for the worse the show is trotting Dena out again? Do Tomlin and Whitesell just know this is so bad that they don't want the credit for it any more? Is Corday done writing his book and interfering again and pushing for Dena over others?

I don't get it.
Watched the scenes yesterday, Steph's name was right there on top.

I'm not liking Stephanie but she is making things interesting for me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply