Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for wk of May 3rd; *updated with youtube video*
Topic Started: Apr 30 2010, 04:02 PM (3,502 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

daisy132
May 2 2010, 12:55 PM
CraneEmpire101
May 1 2010, 11:39 PM
JamesScott_19
May 1 2010, 11:28 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
ugh, I have had ENOUGH EJ and Sami..they have made me so bored of them; I used to like them in 2006-2007 but they have lost their fun, sexy side.

I still think Lucas should return..Lucas always treated Sami the way she should of been..and sometimes that was a slap in the face, and she got it too!
Well, you had to wait eight years for Ethan and Theressa. And Theressa was the EJ of Passions. :laugh: The manipulating, coniving, delusional woman going after another woman's husband like a crazed maniac. She raped him (yes, I said raped - drugged him and made him drunk so that she could sleep with him) and manipulated him for all that time, and finally she got him in the end. So us Ejami fans had to wait for four years so far, what's four more?
I guess your right..but the only reason why i'm not not rooting for EJ and Sami is because their boring..Ethan and Theresa were an interesting couple until about 2006 and then I could care less if they ended up together or not.
Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

They look so forced. BLAH!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

ladyofthelake
May 2 2010, 07:37 AM
I got tired of Marlena's gasping, too, (and Marlena used to be one of my favorite characters when she first came on board) and had made comments about it in the past, but I still find Sweeney's overuse of oxygen highly annoying when compared to several of the actors around her (Molly Burnett and her helium voice notwithstanding). It's nice that some can overlook it. I guess it all depends on what result we want, yes?
Huh?

I don't really see how me not being annoyed by a mannerism has to do with what result I want for Sami as a character. It doesn't bug me when she "gasps" around EJ or when she "gasps" around Rafe. I just don't notice it much. Maybe because as a viewer I'm typically so nitpicky about the dialogue and everything else I just can't notice? :lol:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

IMissAremid
May 3 2010, 07:40 PM
ladyofthelake
May 2 2010, 07:37 AM
I got tired of Marlena's gasping, too, (and Marlena used to be one of my favorite characters when she first came on board) and had made comments about it in the past, but I still find Sweeney's overuse of oxygen highly annoying when compared to several of the actors around her (Molly Burnett and her helium voice notwithstanding). It's nice that some can overlook it. I guess it all depends on what result we want, yes?
Huh?

I don't really see how me not being annoyed by a mannerism has to do with what result I want for Sami as a character. It doesn't bug me when she "gasps" around EJ or when she "gasps" around Rafe. I just don't notice it much. Maybe because as a viewer I'm typically so nitpicky about the dialogue and everything else I just can't notice? :lol:
Funny how one so nitpicky about dialogue doesn't notice the way the dialogue is, er, delivered? To each his own.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
May 1 2010, 03:49 PM
lysie
May 1 2010, 03:46 PM
Samantha Dimera
May 1 2010, 03:36 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepReally?
"Gasping" may be the wrong word. It's this thing she does when she's flustered. She does it other times, too, when it's more like gasping, but basically it amounts to the fact that she spends more time breathing loudly on camera than anything else. It's very loud and it's generally not in "gasp-worthy" places.
That does sound better. My word was all purpose. Just too much damn air! It's like she's constantly been running. If she's not gasping, she's huffing and puffing, which really makes me wish I could do a schematic of her blowing a brick house down. It's just not necessary. Breathy quality doesn't always mean talent in an actress.
Well in her defense, she was trained to take a beat=breathe heavy=gasp by the best; Dee Hall.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

mer4santo
May 3 2010, 11:55 PM
ladyofthelake
May 1 2010, 03:49 PM
lysie
May 1 2010, 03:46 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deepReally?may be the wrong word. It's this thing she does when she's flustered. She does it other times, too, when it's more like gasping, but basically it amounts to the fact that she spends more time breathing loudly on camera than anything else. It's very loud and it's generally not in "gasp-worthy" places.
That does sound better. My word was all purpose. Just too much damn air! It's like she's constantly been running. If she's not gasping, she's huffing and puffing, which really makes me wish I could do a schematic of her blowing a brick house down. It's just not necessary. Breathy quality doesn't always mean talent in an actress.
Well in her defense, she was trained to take a beat=breathe heavy=gasp by the best; Dee Hall.
You got me there. :P

Guacamole dip recipe, Mer! Remember we're trading recipes? :D

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

daisy132
CraneEmpire101
JamesScott_19
May 1 2010, 11:28 PM

ugh, I have had ENOUGH EJ and Sami..they have made me so bored of them; I used to like them in 2006-2007 but they have lost their fun, sexy side.

I still think Lucas should return..Lucas always treated Sami the way she should of been..and sometimes that was a slap in the face, and she got it too!
Well, you had to wait eight years for Ethan and Theressa. And Theressa was the EJ of Passions. :laugh: The manipulating, coniving, delusional woman going after another woman's husband like a crazed maniac. She raped him (yes, I said raped - drugged him and made him drunk so that she could sleep with him) and manipulated him for all that time, and finally she got him in the end. So us Ejami fans had to wait for four years so far, what's four more?
You are so right daisy, I never thought about that. Theresa was Ej just a female version :P , Ejami is coming and I am enjoying the ride.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

JamesScott_19
May 4 2010, 07:58 AM
daisy132
CraneEmpire101

You are so right daisy, I never thought about that. Theresa was Ej just a female version :P , Ejami is coming and I am enjoying the ride.
I've always thought EJ was a version of Theresa and thought Theresa, Kay and melanie were patterned after Sami.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply