Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman report from Corday book launch
Topic Started: May 2 2010, 01:39 PM (5,947 Views)
crookedhalo
Member Avatar

I'm so glad Maggie's illness will be crapped, because that is not an interesting s/l. I am ready for the prison scenes because he is the downtrodden warrior and we like him that way. The Hope thing.. well according to Wally they are two months ahead still w/ no clue. But July should be interesting on the Sami/Rafe/EJ front... and I am ready for the neverending Syd saga to be over.
Edited by crookedhalo, May 2 2010, 03:33 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Taelyn

AlteredStates
May 2 2010, 02:30 PM
I gather from Suzanne Rogers' comments that the mysathensia gravis storyline was dropped at her request. I had been looking forward to it, but I can appreciate her feelings. The Maggie/Victor/Vivian stuff sounds promising.

I have a strong suspicion this story was yet another Higley creation, Coming up withe Idea , without considering how painful it might be for Suzanne. The way it presented itself, then kinda not so much just seems to be ger style of writing. disjointed and out of nowhere. Then ...poof its gone.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Taelyn
May 2 2010, 03:33 PM
AlteredStates
I gather from Suzanne Rogers' comments that the mysathensia gravis storyline was dropped at her request. I had been looking forward to it, but I can appreciate her feelings. The Maggie/Victor/Vivian stuff sounds promising.

I have a strong suspicion this story was yet another Higley creation, Coming up withe Idea , without considering how painful it might be for Suzanne. The way it presented itself, then kinda not so much just seems to be ger style of writing. disjointed and out of nowhere. Then ...poof its gone.
I think you're right. Very disjointed and poorly conceived. At the moment it looks like the only real reason to do it was to give Melanie a reason to still live at Maggie's (so she can have endless, angsty run-in's with Nathan) after marrying Philip.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Manda1
May 2 2010, 03:21 PM
Great tidbits from all the actors interviewed. Really looking forward to the prison break plans to break out, then break in then break out! Sounds like fun!

And of course I am delighted that Rafe is coming back with big news to shake things up because there doesn’t seem to be anything to really shake up Salem for May sweeps!

EJ will have a ringside seat and maybe learn what he needs to do if he truly is interested in being a hero! I would say the first lesson is that it is imperative that you don’t mastermind the ‘distress’ that you plan to save the damsel from.... :lol:

Anyway I hope Rafe’s big news shakes the Sydnapping storyline to death! New fresh storyline please! :cheers:
IA, The prison break in break out sounds fun. I am looking forward to those scenes. Shake it up Rafe ........ :shithitfan:

Thanks for sharing that was a nice read.

safealltheway74

SocRMum1
May 2 2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:

Galen Gering (Rafe), with his beautiful wife Jenna by his side, told me to look for Rafe to come back strong to vie for Sami’s love, even though EJ’s got his evil hooks into her! “Sami is blowin’ it. So it does not leave me with anything good at the moment. I will be coming back full force with big news that will shake the place up. It won’t happen tomorrow, but it will be in the near future. There is a very strong chance Sami and Rafe can be together, if she ever stops lying to him, that would help. As far as EJ being in the way, I hope clearly that will not be an obstacle for long.

So in other words...unless Rafe is paired with Sami GG realizes he's got nothing to do on the show...or in his words not 'anything good'. I can see why he clearly hopes EJ won't be an obstacle for long. It's called job security. :lol:
Acually if were being honest since day one that Ej came his story has always revovled around Sami. If Ali were to leave the show JS wouldn't have a story he can't stand on his own! Even when he was with Nichol it was a story that had everything to do with Sami!

Now Rafe on the other hand has so much story we have his background (which wot be bad) He is FBI/Salem PD there is Alot of story for Galen Gering so get used to him being around wether it is with Sami or not (but we will have Safe back)!

Ej is just a crybaby that has to always cry to daddy he will never be able to be his own man! He is evil but will never be as smart as his dad! Ej sucks!

Rafe is the HERO Ej is the ZERO!!!

Ej needs to crawl his ugly ass in a hole!!! He is prissy little crybaby!

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 2 2010, 03:41 PM
Taelyn
May 2 2010, 03:33 PM
AlteredStates

I think you're right. Very disjointed and poorly conceived. At the moment it looks like the only real reason to do it was to give Melanie a reason to still live at Maggie's (so she can have endless, angsty run-in's with Nathan) after marrying Philip.
don't go there, a disease to prop those characters s/l.. Philip/Melanie/Nathan. I hate that threesome so much. I love Philip...... I love Mel.... I don't want them anywhere near each other. Nathan I could really flush that character, he started off good but it was down hill after the poker game. Philip & Nathan are like leeches they sucked all the interesting out of Mel. Brady once told her to keep away from both of them and he was right.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

safealltheway74
May 2 2010, 03:47 PM
SocRMum1
Quote:

Galen Gering (Rafe), with his beautiful wife Jenna by his side, told me to look for Rafe to come back strong to vie for Sami’s love, even though EJ’s got his evil hooks into her! “Sami is blowin’ it. So it does not leave me with anything good at the moment. I will be coming back full force with big news that will shake the place up. It won’t happen tomorrow, but it will be in the near future. There is a very strong chance Sami and Rafe can be together, if she ever stops lying to him, that would help. As far as EJ being in the way, I hope clearly that will not be an obstacle for long.

So in other words...unless Rafe is paired with Sami GG realizes he's got nothing to do on the show...or in his words not 'anything good'. I can see why he clearly hopes EJ won't be an obstacle for long. It's called job security. :lol:
Acually if were being honest since day one that Ej came his story has always revovled around Sami. If Ali were to leave the show JS wouldn't have a story he can't stand on his own! Even when he was with Nichol it was a story that had everything to do with Sami!

Now Rafe on the other hand has so much story we have his background (which wot be bad) He is FBI/Salem PD there is Alot of story for Galen Gering so get used to him being around wether it is with Sami or not (but we will have Safe back)!

Ej is just a crybaby that has to always cry to daddy he will never be able to be his own man! He is evil but will never be as smart as his dad! Ej sucks!

Tell us how you really feel... :lol: ....Yay---PEJAMI

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

safealltheway74
SocRMum1
Quote:

I rather doubt the EJole fans would agree with you on that statement. :ermm:

EJ is tied to a long time core family on the show. While I agree that he and Sami have been in each other's orbits since he came to the show (and I'm very, very happy about that) he has had story away from her character - particularly his relationship with Stefano. I've not always been a fan of the bi-polar writing for EJ (Look! I'm a world famous race car driver! No, wait - I'm a business tycoon! Oh hey! How about a lawyer?) but I do love that the entire nearly 4 years he's been on the show he's been on the front burner - whether he was paired with Sami or not.

There might be all kinds of things they could write for Rafe away from Sami...but the question is, will they? Judging from what GG says in this interview, he doesn't sound convinced they will. :shrug:

Vicky4Mimi

safealltheway74
SocRMum1
Quote:

you spoke the 100% truth!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Well, I called Rogers not being comfortable with this storyline before it even started to air.

Vicky4Mimi

SocRMum1
May 2 2010, 04:03 PM
safealltheway74
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep“Sami is blowin’ it. So it does not leave me with anything good at the moment. I will be coming back full force with big news that will shake the place up. It won’t happen tomorrow, but it will be in the near future. There is a very strong chance Sami and Rafe can be together, if she ever stops lying to him, that would help. As far as EJ being in the way, I hope clearly that will not be an obstacle for long.hopes EJ won't be an obstacle for long. It's called job security. :lol:

EJ is tied to a long time core family on the show. While I agree that he and Sami have been in each other's orbits since he came to the show (and I'm very, very happy about that) he has had story away from her character - particularly his relationship with Stefano. I've not always been a fan of the bi-polar writing for EJ (Look! I'm a world famous race car driver! No, wait - I'm a business tycoon! Oh hey! How about a lawyer?) but I do love that the entire nearly 4 years he's been on the show he's been on the front burner - whether he was paired with Sami or not.

There might be all kinds of things they could write for Rafe away from Sami...but the question is, will they? Judging from what GG says in this interview, he doesn't sound convinced they will. :shrug:
Im not seeing Galen's words that way AT ALL.

CapeSafe

Manda1
May 2 2010, 03:21 PM
Great tidbits from all the actors interviewed. Really looking forward to the prison break plans to break out, then break in then break out! Sounds like fun!

And of course I am delighted that Rafe is coming back with big news to shake things up because there doesn’t seem to be anything to really shake up Salem for May sweeps!

EJ will have a ringside seat and maybe learn what he needs to do if he truly is interested in being a hero! I would say the first lesson is that it is imperative that you don’t mastermind the ‘distress’ that you plan to save the damsel from.... :lol:

Anyway I hope Rafe’s big news shakes the Sydnapping storyline to death! New fresh storyline please! :cheers:
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Go Rafe :cheer:

Taelyn

I think Galen was simply making a figure of speach, Not everyone speaks literally.
If Sami left or was unavailable I have no doubt they would bring in a love interest for Galen.
Also since he is a law enforcement person in Salem there will always be things for him to do.
Right now his #1 priority is getting behind Sydneys kidnapping , He wants to make sure Sami and Sydney are Safe.. And ofcourse he loves her, and while he may have concerns about their future I have no doubt he is hoping things work out and they can get past their problems.. But right now he has a bad feeling about EJ and Stephano.. and he need to find the truth.

But under no circumstances is he non viable either way. Same way with JS .. He could have a love interest that is NOT Sami and do fine... Or be more like his Father and love nobody, just live on obsession and villiany.

Manda1

Vicky4Mimi
May 2 2010, 04:08 PM
SocRMum1
safealltheway74

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep“Sami is blowin’ it. So it does not leave me with anything good at the moment. I will be coming back full force with big news that will shake the place up. It won’t happen tomorrow, but it will be in the near future. There is a very strong chance Sami and Rafe can be together, if she ever stops lying to him, that would help. As far as EJ being in the way, I hope clearly that will not be an obstacle for long.hopes

It’s so true about the EJ character he has no friends and no-one who likes him other than Arianna...Sami doesn't even like him, she likes the ‘ nu hero EJ’ who went through the Sydney kidnapping ordeal and understands what she went through.... :lol:

Not even Stefano likes him...he’s his son so he loves him and puts up with a lot....

I expect Sami and Rafe to reunite and then EJ digs around and brings back Emily......again trying to destroy Sami's happiness because he wuvs her so much...... :puke:

safealltheway74

Vicky4Mimi
May 2 2010, 04:08 PM
SocRMum1
safealltheway74

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep“Sami is blowin’ it. So it does not leave me with anything good at the moment. I will be coming back full force with big news that will shake the place up. It won’t happen tomorrow, but it will be in the near future. There is a very strong chance Sami and Rafe can be together, if she ever stops lying to him, that would help. As far as EJ being in the way, I hope clearly that will not be an obstacle for long.hopes

Did u not read my post I didn't say anything bad about ejole if anything ejole was fanbase was cheated because they always have Ej up Sami's ass (should we get some special toilet paper)! I think the writers could have written a good love story for ejole like they have for Safe! Safe is the real deal! Safe fanbase love Safe because they built a friendship and a love story! Ej and Sami have had sex twice once rape & the other time quote Sami "it was just sex"!
With Safe you get lovemaking not just sex! The only reason Sami has lied to Rafe he was manipulated into thinking it was for her kids safty other wise Sami would never tell Rafe a lie she trust Rafe with her life aswell as her kids!
Like Ali stated in a previous interview Sami would not even be going there with Ej if Rafe was there! Sami is hurt and thinks Rafe has walked out on her little does she know Rafe does everything for her because he loves her so much!
Rafe has never had to manipulate Sami to make her love him, when Rafe comes back we will again see a real love story rebuild.

Hey Safe's we all need to just stick together and stay strong this crap wont last long! We will get our happily ever after remember we need drama to have a good soap!!! Don't pay attention tonue negativity that comes out of other fanbases, don't let them get you down!!! (this was in response to Socrmom)

SafeAlltheway Baby Safe =Real Love not a rebound;)!

jackie1133

Vicky4Mimi
May 2 2010, 03:15 PM
Well, he has to add the HOPE in there so not to give away the end of the story. I think its pretty clear though that Safe will come out of this thing alive and well.

I don't think this is CLEAR at all. Otherwise, there wouldn't be so much emphasis in the scripts on Sami being culpable for putting all of this baby mess into motion with her baby lies, nor on the fact that Bradys need to "practice what they preach" when it comes to forgiveness, and Sami being fully aware that EJ is a guy who is caught under the influence of his father, sometimes he wins the fight against his father, sometimes he doesn't but, Sami and their children could make the difference this time and EJ might become the man that he SHOULD be.

No, too many variables have been shoved into the scripts for the outcome to be "clearly Safe." As far as GG though, what else is he supposed to say? Obviously his scripts would have Rafe "hopeful" that dropping the Sydnapping bomb will remove EJ from Sami's romantic orbit, but I think Rafe is the one who will be in a for a very rude awakening in the final analysis.

Especially since Rafe is the one who has already called Sami out on being "the lady who doth protest too much" when it comes to her real feelings for EJ. Most guys won't settle for that, either way.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
May 2 2010, 04:05 PM
safealltheway74
SocRMum1

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep“Sami is blowin’ it. So it does not leave me with anything good at the moment. I will be coming back full force with big news that will shake the place up. It won’t happen tomorrow, but it will be in the near future. There is a very strong chance Sami and Rafe can be together, if she ever stops lying to him, that would help. As far as EJ being in the way, I hope clearly that will not be an obstacle for long.hopes EJ won't be an obstacle for long. It's called job security. :lol:

you spoke the 100% truth!
Amen to that!!! I am so glad for this interview and that EJ won't be sniffing around Sami much longer. SAFE belong together-- there is real love there, not manipulations and deceit.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I have decided to give skip the GG comments. I'm not getting sucked in. I'm not getting sucked in. I'm giving up any comments on GG/Rafe/AS/Sami/EJ/JS for Lent. (Oh, crap, Lent's over with....I'll extend it...............)
I'm so glad they dropped that story on Maggie's illness. Very ill conceived, but I still wish it was Caroline and Victor. Although, you know, Victor and two fiesty redheads could be highly entertaining, AND these are actresses who can pull it off. That's my kind of triangle! (Spoken like a true peri-menopausal middle aged woman, LOL).

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

SocRMum1
Quote:

You know what I see....that whomever ends up being Sami's "pair of the moment"...is in a storyline for "the moment"....now in EJ's case the moment has been 4 years, in Rafe's case the moment is going on 2, in Lucas' case the moment was 15 (counting everything), for Brandon the moment was about 5 years plus or minus, for Austin the moment was about 9 years plus or minus, Franco the moment was 1 year....but you know one common denominator...."the moment" doesn't last forever...and sooner or later they leave or are let go....Now as far as I'm concerned Lucas lasted because of his ties to the Horton's...his mother, brothers were on during various times, he had his son who tied him to Sami and the story went on forever...if you look at it this way...their "hate" phase lasted longer than the "love" phase...so Ejami's hate should be fine...the minute Sami and Ej fall for each other the moment will be about over if you ask me? What other story is there to tell? Ej's existance...weather some want to believe it or not IS very much based on Sami just as Lucas was and just as Rafe's is...in reality there is no difference except that we don't know how EJ ended up with Stefano raising him after Susan took him from Salem as a baby....and with Rafe we don't know about his past enough.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

LuvingLumi
May 2 2010, 05:51 PM
SocRMum1
Quote:

You know what I see....that whomever ends up being Sami's "pair of the moment"...is in a storyline for "the moment"....now in EJ's case the moment has been 4 years, in Rafe's case the moment is going on 2, in Lucas' case the moment was 15 (counting everything), for Brandon the moment was about 5 years plus or minus, for Austin the moment was about 9 years plus or minus, Franco the moment was 1 year....but you know one common denominator...."the moment" doesn't last forever...and sooner or later they leave or are let go....Now as far as I'm concerned Lucas lasted because of his ties to the Horton's...his mother, brothers were on during various times, he had his son who tied him to Sami and the story went on forever...if you look at it this way...their "hate" phase lasted longer than the "love" phase...so Ejami's hate should be fine...the minute Sami and Ej fall for each other the moment will be about over if you ask me? What other story is there to tell? Ej's existance...weather some want to believe it or not IS very much based on Sami just as Lucas was and just as Rafe's is...in reality there is no difference except that we don't know how EJ ended up with Stefano raising him after Susan took him from Salem as a baby....and with Rafe we don't know about his past enough.
Next on Days....we find out that Rafe and EJ were switched at birth, and Rafe is the true DiMera (well, they just tried it with Rex and Sky on One Life!)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply