Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman report from Corday book launch
Topic Started: May 2 2010, 01:39 PM (7,432 Views)
lysie

Amello
May 2 2010, 02:01 PM
Anyone want to point out the important parts? I am so not reading that. LoL
LOL. I couldn't read it either for some reason.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie

Amello
May 2 2010, 02:34 PM
lysie
May 2 2010, 02:32 PM
Amello
May 2 2010, 02:01 PM
Anyone want to point out the important parts? I am so not reading that. LoL
LOL. I couldn't read it either for some reason.
It's not that I can't read it. It's that I'm just way too lazy to do so.
LOL. Well, I'm literate, but it's really long.

lysie

SocRMum1
May 3 2010, 09:52 AM
I must be missing where EJami fans are 'spamming' the board. I do think we're seeing more excitement on the board from EJami fans due to promos, spoilers and what's occurring on screen - but how is that any different from fans of any other storyline when they are seeing things they like and are excited about.

It sounds like sour grapes to me. :shrug:
Hit and run.

lysie

six
May 3 2010, 11:07 AM
SocRMum1
May 3 2010, 09:52 AM
I must be missing where EJami fans are 'spamming' the board. I do think we're seeing more excitement on the board from EJami fans due to promos, spoilers and what's occurring on screen - but how is that any different from fans of any other storyline when they are seeing things they like and are excited about.

It sounds like sour grapes to me. :shrug:
Since horrible crimes such as sharing spoilers has been considered spamming by some, I wouldn't put much stock into it.

There's tons of safe fans in this particular thread, probably because GG said something they wanted to talk about, which is totally normal. It's not like people are writing "ejami 4evah!!!" in threads that have nothing to do with them.

I thought Maggie's illness could've been a good story, but can understand dropping it if she wasn't comfortable with it. It does make me wonder why it was brought up in the first place, though. Since the story came from SR's real life, they should've ran it by her, before starting it. As of right now, the mictor story seems like a very random idea. It could've been more interesting if her kids were around to object, but if they're just going to do the same triangles they've been doing, but with old people, and possibly having Vivian trying to kill Maggie, I wish they'd pass. They should've brought in someone from Maggie's past, like Don, or maybe one of Mickey's partners at his law firm.
We definitely have our share of spammers and some have done exactly that.

lysie

SocRMum1
May 3 2010, 11:41 AM
lysie
May 3 2010, 11:32 AM
six

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep It's not like people are writing "ejami 4evah!!!" in threads that have nothing to do with them.

I thought Maggie's illness could've been a good story, but can understand dropping it if she wasn't comfortable with it. It does make me wonder why it was brought up in the first place, though. Since the story came from SR's real life, they should've ran it by her, before starting it. As of right now, the mictor story seems like a very random idea. It could've been more interesting if her kids were around to object, but if they're just going to do the same triangles they've been doing, but with old people, and possibly having Vivian trying to kill Maggie, I wish they'd pass. They should've brought in someone from Maggie's past, like Don, or maybe one of Mickey's partners at his law firm.
I'm really not trying to pick a fight on this - honestly, I'm not. But how do we determine what is a spammer versus someone that's happy about the way things are going and has decided to come out and start posting more?

I know that when I initially joined this site I posted very little. In fact, I only really became active a year or so ago. So are you judging the spammers by their number of posts, the date they joined or just a general feel from what they are saying?
All of the above and then some. It's not like the EJAMIs are the only ones who do it, but yes, because of recent storyline developments they're probably the most prevalent right now.

lysie

six
May 3 2010, 11:58 AM
lysie
May 3 2010, 11:32 AM
six

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep It's not like people are writing "ejami 4evah!!!" in threads that have nothing to do with them.

You, being staff, would know better than I would, if you're removing the posts, or maybe, as SocRMum said, we have different views of what spam is. I never see anyone going on about ejami in the bope/barly threads, for example, which would be spam, to me. Now some people do go into the weekly spoiler threads, and just talk about the spoilers for "their" couple, but to me, that's along the lines of the example I used earlier about the folks in here who only wanted to talk about what GG said. Yea, there was a whole article about other people besides that, but people are only going to talk about what interests them. So, basically I'd ask the same thing SocR asked - how are you judging what's spam, and what's an enthusiastic person who wants to talk about their favorites?
I was answering this while you posted but to the bolded...a lot of people don't want to talk about their favorites. They just want to say "whoo hoo." I mentioned this before when we had this whole spam conversation, but I actually saw (and still do at SC) people on other boards discuss coming here just to do that.

lysie

SocRMum1
May 3 2010, 12:45 PM
I was thinking Soap Central.

It's kind of surprising how many potential 'SC' boards there are. :lol:
LOL. Just all of them! No, Sony is what I meant. And I was thinking SoapCity. Nice job getting inside my head, six.

lysie

six
May 3 2010, 01:04 PM
It's a good thing you got here and cleared it up before people from all the various SC boards descended on the DR to defend themselves lol.
Just waiting for Shawn Christian to swoop in and chew me out....

lysie

mer4santo
May 3 2010, 01:07 PM
Liz<3Days
May 3 2010, 09:32 AM
2. Most of the EJ and Sami fans spam the board (oops sorry...."show their love")

To me it appears there is equal opportunity spamming going on to prove who is the bestest guy evah for Sami, in the same fucking endless point by point, nitty gritty detail, speculation enhanced, and personal desire based perspective.

It's exhausting.
I'll never get over my disappointment that Hitman/Sami didn't work out. I didn't even mind be called a HITMI.

lysie

SocRMum1
May 3 2010, 01:11 PM
lysie
May 3 2010, 01:07 PM
six
May 3 2010, 01:04 PM
It's a good thing you got here and cleared it up before people from all the various SC boards descended on the DR to defend themselves lol.
Just waiting for Shawn Christian to swoop in and chew me out....
Great...now you've got me wracking my brain for another actor with the initials SC so I can have a witty comeback. ^o)
I swear there is one. This weekend while looking at...something Days related....someone used those initials for an actor, and I automatically thought they meant him, but they were for someone else. And I thought "oh no. This is like LeeAnn Hunley/Lindsey Hartley and Arleen Sorkin/Alison Sweeney." But I can't figure out who it was. I'm starting to think I'm just dislexic (I totally just typed "anorexic") and it was actually Charles Shaughnessy, and it was never really an issue in the first place.

lysie

IMissAremid
May 3 2010, 01:21 PM
Scott Clifton? He just got fired from OLTL.

And Lysie, with all the returns I am now sometimes having to figure out if CC means Christie Clark or Crystal Chappell. Is that what you were thinking of?
Scott Clifton! I think that was it....though now I have no idea what I would have been reading. And yes...CC is another one.

So Michael Fairman talked to some Days people at the book launch, huh?

lysie

six
May 3 2010, 01:37 PM
lysie
May 3 2010, 01:30 PM
IMissAremid
May 3 2010, 01:21 PM
Scott Clifton? He just got fired from OLTL.

And Lysie, with all the returns I am now sometimes having to figure out if CC means Christie Clark or Crystal Chappell. Is that what you were thinking of?
Scott Clifton! I think that was it....though now I have no idea what I would have been reading. And yes...CC is another one.

So Michael Fairman talked to some Days people at the book launch, huh?
The DH's always tripped me up, especially once Dena Highley came on.

Yea, apparently Corday wrote a book or something.
Has anyone read the book? I have it, but have only read it in bits and pieces so far. Starting from the middle...I don't know how I got through school.
Edited by lysie, May 3 2010, 01:39 PM.

lysie

IMissAremid
May 3 2010, 01:39 PM
Oh the DHs are easy. You just have to say DHim and DHer. ;)
LOL. I had never seen anyone do that until the other day (and it was probably you), and it cracked me up. It seems so obvious...

lysie

IMissAremid
May 3 2010, 01:40 PM
lysie
May 3 2010, 01:38 PM
six
May 3 2010, 01:37 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Has anyone read the book? I have it, but have only read it in bits and pieces so far. Starting from the middle...I don't know how I got through school.
I got an amazon gift thingy and am probably going to order it. How do you like of what you've read so far?
Well...most of what I have looked at has been stuff we already knew. But I haven't paid attention to the parts that would be new information, I guess (the earlier years of the show...which admittedly is probably the more interesting part). There are a lot of stories in there that I already knew though, and he didn't add anything to them. I had to roll my eyes a few times, but he does say some really nice things about some of the actors...and nothing at all (that I've seen yet) about others.

lysie

I was very disappointed in the pictures. Most of them are cast pictures, and I can get those from the internet. I have a hard time imagining that many pictures exist that I can't get from the internet, but still...

lysie

AlisonLou
May 3 2010, 10:51 PM
I noticed when he said about the no nos he said don't do stories about mental illness if you don't have to.
We'll what is the Hope story? Hope's gone mental and seems to have some sort of mental illness. It's not just the pills Hope's on that's causing her to behave whacked but she is obviously suffering mentally from all the trauma she has been through. If Ken says it's a no no to do a mental illness story then why is he doing one with one of his lead actresses? Then he goes on to say regarding mental illness stories etc. "I have never seen it work successfully on other soaps. That material is the evening news; itís not soap opera."
If he thinks this then why are they doing the Hope story with Hope suffering mentally?
The Hope story doesn't appear to be helping the ratings. The ratings have gotten worse since Hope's story has started.
I guess I don't know for sure, but I think he probably means more stereotypical mental illnesses. Either way, he's full of crap and has been every time he's mentioned these rules. First of all there's the dead baby thing. Then there's the child abuse, which they've also done (though it's been a while unless you count Steve and Kayla being accused of it with Pocket or Shawn and Belle being semi-accused of it with Claire). And as for the mental illness thing...if that were really an issue the show didn't want to touch, they wouldn't have had so many actors playing psychiatrists through the years.
Edited by lysie, May 4 2010, 08:18 AM.

lysie

Halloween Family
May 4 2010, 10:30 AM
when did they do child abuse?
I don't think they've ever shown it, but they've talked about it after the child was removed from the situation. Max would be an example.

lysie

Halloween Family
May 4 2010, 10:49 AM
lysie
May 4 2010, 10:46 AM
Halloween Family
May 4 2010, 10:30 AM
when did they do child abuse?
I don't think they've ever shown it, but they've talked about it after the child was removed from the situation. Max would be an example.
Oh, I thought he meant a whole storyline about child abuse. Just mentioning Max being abused isn't exactly brave or trailblazing.
LOL, no. I don't think anything about child abuse would be. In order to do a story about child abuse you'd really have to destroy an adult character without hope of redemption. You could bring in a new character and do it, but that's not trailblazing either. And it's not like the story would have moments for fabulous acting like the death of a child or mental illness does.

lysie

Halloween Family
May 4 2010, 10:57 AM
lysie
May 4 2010, 10:54 AM
Halloween Family
May 4 2010, 10:49 AM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
LOL, no. I don't think anything about child abuse would be. In order to do a story about child abuse you'd really have to destroy an adult character without hope of redemption. You could bring in a new character and do it, but that's not trailblazing either. And it's not like the story would have moments for fabulous acting like the death of a child or mental illness does.
When I think of a childabuse s/l, I think of GoodTimes where Penney was being beaten by her mom. The audience saw the bruises, it wasn't something that was done in the past. Doing it in present tense is where the trailblazing comes in, imo.
Yes, and I can't imagine any show doing that with current characters. They'd have to bring on throwaway characters and have current characters take in the child. That just doesn't seem very trailblazing to me. I guess it would be pretty trailblazing if a show had the balls to make a beloved character a child abuser...like for real. Not just a bad parent.

lysie

IMissAremid
May 4 2010, 03:02 PM
The Steve storyline was trying to tell a mental illness story realistically? How so? Making him crazy via tarot card? Using the fellow mental patients as comic relief? Busting him out of the mental hospital in some disguise?
That's not realistic?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply