Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman report from Corday book launch
Topic Started: May 2 2010, 01:39 PM (7,557 Views)
AlteredStates

I gather from Suzanne Rogers' comments that the mysathensia gravis storyline was dropped at her request. I had been looking forward to it, but I can appreciate her feelings. The Maggie/Victor/Vivian stuff sounds promising.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AlteredStates

IMissAremid
May 2 2010, 09:26 PM
is it just me, or did Crystal Chappell seem to think she's definitely getting an Emmy nom no matter what? I didn't see the graveyard scenes she was talking about, but given her past Emmy success and now having support from two shows I wouldn't be surprised if she got nominated or won, but all the stuff about urging fans not to do a boycott and whatnot and the noms haven't even been announced yet... huh?
CC isn't saying a win or nomination is in the bag. She's referring to comments Emmy show organizer Jim Romanovich made in a recent interview with Fairman:
Quote:

We did the last show as if it was the last one, and we are doing this show as if it is the last one. I believe we now have the option for one more year because of this. It all depends if we can improve upon what we did, and if there is enough support, and I look at the soap fans for this. I read a lot of stuff they say. Some I don’t agree with, and some I do. There are others who write, “If Crystal Chappell doesn’t win they will never watch this show again.” She is a wonderful actress, but you have that fan base. They will crucify you if their person doesn’t win…because sometimes fans think politics is a factor… and they say, it’s a joke, and the show’s a joke.
http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/interviews/the-jim-romanovich-interview-37th-annual-daytime-emmys/2010/04/27/

I think she's basically telling her more rabid fans to cool it. Good luck with that, CC.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply