Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member suffering succotash in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman report from Corday book launch
Topic Started: May 2 2010, 01:39 PM (7,567 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Quote:

Galen Gering (Rafe), with his beautiful wife Jenna by his side, told me to look for Rafe to come back strong to vie for Sami’s love, even though EJ’s got his evil hooks into her! “Sami is blowin’ it. So it does not leave me with anything good at the moment. I will be coming back full force with big news that will shake the place up. It won’t happen tomorrow, but it will be in the near future. There is a very strong chance Sami and Rafe can be together, if she ever stops lying to him, that would help. As far as EJ being in the way, I hope clearly that will not be an obstacle for long.

So in other words...unless Rafe is paired with Sami GG realizes he's got nothing to do on the show...or in his words not 'anything good'. I can see why he clearly hopes EJ won't be an obstacle for long. It's called job security. :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Taelyn
May 2 2010, 03:33 PM
AlteredStates
May 2 2010, 02:30 PM
I gather from Suzanne Rogers' comments that the mysathensia gravis storyline was dropped at her request. I had been looking forward to it, but I can appreciate her feelings. The Maggie/Victor/Vivian stuff sounds promising.

I have a strong suspicion this story was yet another Higley creation, Coming up withe Idea , without considering how painful it might be for Suzanne. The way it presented itself, then kinda not so much just seems to be ger style of writing. disjointed and out of nowhere. Then ...poof its gone.
I think you're right. Very disjointed and poorly conceived. At the moment it looks like the only real reason to do it was to give Melanie a reason to still live at Maggie's (so she can have endless, angsty run-in's with Nathan) after marrying Philip.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

safealltheway74
May 2 2010, 03:47 PM
SocRMum1
May 2 2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:

Galen Gering (Rafe), with his beautiful wife Jenna by his side, told me to look for Rafe to come back strong to vie for Sami’s love, even though EJ’s got his evil hooks into her! “Sami is blowin’ it. So it does not leave me with anything good at the moment. I will be coming back full force with big news that will shake the place up. It won’t happen tomorrow, but it will be in the near future. There is a very strong chance Sami and Rafe can be together, if she ever stops lying to him, that would help. As far as EJ being in the way, I hope clearly that will not be an obstacle for long.

So in other words...unless Rafe is paired with Sami GG realizes he's got nothing to do on the show...or in his words not 'anything good'. I can see why he clearly hopes EJ won't be an obstacle for long. It's called job security. :lol:
Acually if were being honest since day one that Ej came his story has always revovled around Sami. If Ali were to leave the show JS wouldn't have a story he can't stand on his own! Even when he was with Nichol it was a story that had everything to do with Sami!
I rather doubt the EJole fans would agree with you on that statement. :ermm:

EJ is tied to a long time core family on the show. While I agree that he and Sami have been in each other's orbits since he came to the show (and I'm very, very happy about that) he has had story away from her character - particularly his relationship with Stefano. I've not always been a fan of the bi-polar writing for EJ (Look! I'm a world famous race car driver! No, wait - I'm a business tycoon! Oh hey! How about a lawyer?) but I do love that the entire nearly 4 years he's been on the show he's been on the front burner - whether he was paired with Sami or not.

There might be all kinds of things they could write for Rafe away from Sami...but the question is, will they? Judging from what GG says in this interview, he doesn't sound convinced they will. :shrug:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

mer4santo
May 2 2010, 06:56 PM
Wow, this has really become the "Who Wuvs Sami the Bestest and Twuest" Board. Yuck, what happened to the other discussion?

Like others I'm very happy to hear that they dropped that ill conceived and poorly executed storyline for Maggie. SR deserves much better and it looks like she may get it. While I think that SR is a much better player at this point than PM, I am a bit disappointed that they wouldn't play to Caroline, the woman Victor has had a heart for for eons.

Love Wally and Judi and as a longtime fan I'd like to see more of them with a bit of Hope mucking it up.

Drake and Joe hugging? awwwww!

MBE. hearts.

Michael Fairman always does a nice job with his interviews and I appreciate his passion for this genre.

ETA: So did Rafe leave something in prison or something? "Dude, I have to go back, I left my coat in the cell."
I definitely agree that it seems like a miss to potentially pair Victor and Maggie while Caroline is still on the canvas. Actually, I am rather surprised they didn't go there with Caroline and last Fall - that would have seemed like a respectable period of time after Grandpa Shawn's death. There is a lot of story potential there...given the torch Victor has always carried for her, the reaction from their children and grandchildren, etc. The story with Maggie seems illogical, at best...and I love Suzanne Rogers.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 3 2010, 01:26 AM
Manda1
May 3 2010, 12:07 AM
IMissAremid
May 2 2010, 09:09 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Sami did not get into the gory detail about EJ kissing her but she did not deny that something had happened or that EJ had made a move on her. She went on to explain that it was a very emotional experience etc.
Sami did not really explain anything. She just denied and deflected as much as she possibly could :lol: not that I blame her since it really isn't any of Rafe's business what she does with her life after he dumped her.

Rafe: That EJ wants you back. But if you're being honest with yourself, you probably know that already.

Sami: Why do you say things like that?

Rafe: Because it's true.

Sami: But how do you know? Did you s--

Rafe: Did I what? Did I see some--? No, I didn't see anything. Was there something to see?

Sami: (DEFLECTION) Look, I'm tired, all right? I was going to EJ to confront him about a lot of things, and then I found him on the pier almost dead.

Rafe: Hmm. So then what? You guys rehash the good old days?

Sami: Don't be like that. I care about EJ because he is the father of two of my children, and that is it.

Rafe: You know, I think the lady doth protest too much.

Sami: Well, I think the lady is sick of everybody butting in to her life, and I'm sure sick of this.

Rafe: Just think about your kids, Sami.

Sami: That's all I do.

Rafe: For their sake. For their sake, you need to be honest with yourself about this.

Sami: Rafe, I swear to God. I--I have no idea what's going on.

Rafe: Okay. So just look me in the eye and tell me that EJ hasn't made a move on you.

Sami: (DEFLECTION) I don't have feelings for EJ.

Rafe: That's not the issue, Sami. EJ obviously has feelings for you. Were you gonna tell me that you haven't realized that? That nothing's happened?

Sami: No, no, no. (LIE LIE LIE) You can't try to move, okay? You--you can’t. No. Rafe, it was an emotional experience. Our daughter was kidnapped. We--we got her back together. We...

Rafe: Yeah. Now you're gonna move in with EJ. He gets everything that he wants. Everything.

That is hardly explaining what happened, otherwise why would Rafe make the comment that "the lady doth protest too much"? Rafe has no reason to suspect based on what Sami said that Sami kissed EJ or that she's since fantasized about having kissed him. At this point he is in the dark that if EJ tried to kiss her that Sami would kiss him back (which she did).

Quote:

Like it or not Sami told Rafe twe giant lies because EJ manipulated her into believing that she would be the cause of Sydney’s death if she told Rafe about the ransom notes, the ransom drop, the video etc.

I don't see anything wrong with those lies Sami told. But even without the reveal that the Sydnapping was a manipulated situation, why can't Rafe forgive her for that? Can some Rafe fan please explain why Rafe is right to not forgive Sami for lying to him when she was in a situation where she thought her kid could die if she didn't lie to Rafe?
Quote:

And as far as GG talking about Rafe – I think he’s seen scripts why he is talking about what is going to happen to Rafe in such detail – in other articles he said they now get them 2-3 months in advance as the show still has a warp speed taping schedule of episodes out of order etc....and those who are in denial about it will just have to watch and see – but Rafe will have the big news and rightly so as EJ’s wicked plot hurt him as much as Sami so he deserves the ‘honour’ of blowing EJ’s butt out of the water – can’t wait! :jedi:

I'm fully expecting Rafe to expose EJ's involvement at the Sydnapping at some point, whether in the next couple months or they drag this out til Nov. sweeps, but I don't see how GG's comments really gave that much detail or that he made it clear that Safe is going to wind up happily ever after as soon as this is revealed.

For instance, I'm not convinced if Rafe goes to South America and finds out EJ's role in the Sydnapping but then comes back to Salem to reveal all this, that he will still want Sami back if he discovers that Sami's been messing around with EJ in the interim. GG wants his character to be in a relationship with Sami and he "hopes clearly" that EJ won't be an obstacle for Safe but he also makes reference to Sami "blowin' it" and "if she ever stops lying to him, that would help." So apparently she tells more lies to Rafe? Whether you consider Sami's lies of omission regarding the kiss to be lies, I think GG based on this interview would beg to differ on the claim that "Sami would never tell Rafe a lie." :lol:

I mean if Sami is such a lying screw up, I really don't get why Rafe wants her unless it's purely a hero complex thing.
Good gracious - how I love your posts! :wub2:

I don't really have much to add to what you've said here, other than the observation that I see no difference in the 'lie of omission' of Sami not telling Rafe about her kiss with EJ as with the 'lie of omission' in not telling Rafe about the first ransom note. Because isn't that what really pissed him off the first time? Not that she lied to him - but rather that she chose not to include him in the information? It seems to me she didn't paint him a picture in either case...and with the Rafester, he seems to be all about full disclosure. At least from Sami to him. Not so much the other way around. :huh:

I agree that Rafe will likely have the goods when he returns to Salem...or at least some semblence of them. But I think it will be too soon to expose EJ completely. I suspect they'll build that suspense/drama throughout the summer and we won't see EJ's lies exposed fully until the fall.
Edited by SocRMum1, May 3 2010, 09:12 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

I must be missing where EJami fans are 'spamming' the board. I do think we're seeing more excitement on the board from EJami fans due to promos, spoilers and what's occurring on screen - but how is that any different from fans of any other storyline when they are seeing things they like and are excited about.

It sounds like sour grapes to me. :shrug:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

CraneEmpire101
May 3 2010, 10:01 AM
SocRMum1
May 3 2010, 09:52 AM
I must be missing where EJami fans are 'spamming' the board. I do think we're seeing more excitement on the board from EJami fans due to promos, spoilers and what's occurring on screen - but how is that any different from fans of any other storyline when they are seeing things they like and are excited about.

Because people have debates about whether EJ and Sami should be together.
Oh, I realize that. But I don't think the 'spamming' EJamis are debating amongst themselves.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
May 3 2010, 11:32 AM
six
May 3 2010, 11:07 AM
SocRMum1
May 3 2010, 09:52 AM

Since horrible crimes such as sharing spoilers has been considered spamming by some, I wouldn't put much stock into it.

There's tons of safe fans in this particular thread, probably because GG said something they wanted to talk about, which is totally normal. It's not like people are writing "ejami 4evah!!!" in threads that have nothing to do with them.

I thought Maggie's illness could've been a good story, but can understand dropping it if she wasn't comfortable with it. It does make me wonder why it was brought up in the first place, though. Since the story came from SR's real life, they should've ran it by her, before starting it. As of right now, the mictor story seems like a very random idea. It could've been more interesting if her kids were around to object, but if they're just going to do the same triangles they've been doing, but with old people, and possibly having Vivian trying to kill Maggie, I wish they'd pass. They should've brought in someone from Maggie's past, like Don, or maybe one of Mickey's partners at his law firm.
We definitely have our share of spammers and some have done exactly that.
I'm really not trying to pick a fight on this - honestly, I'm not. But how do we determine what is a spammer versus someone that's happy about the way things are going and has decided to come out and start posting more?

I know that when I initially joined this site I posted very little. In fact, I only really became active a year or so ago. So are you judging the spammers by their number of posts, the date they joined or just a general feel from what they are saying?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

I see what you are saying, Lysie. The reason I asked was because I wonder if there is still a suspicion that EJami fans are being 'sent out' to spam sites per the thread/post from Kenny a month or so ago.

I don't see it - and I've not seen any indication of that over at FL. That's not to say there aren't fans that are coming over here and posting and running - but I think that would likely be the case regardless of the fan group. When things pick up in a certain storyline the interest level picks up. I agree that every group seems to have what might be considered instigators or pot stirrers but I suppose that's human nature. I do think the folks that are most aggravated by the positive, happy EJami posts currently on the board are likely not fans of the couple, story, fan base, etc. Believe me - I know the feeling...it's been a long time since I've felt this good about the direction of the story for my favorites. I understand the frustration from people who disagree. Been there, done that.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

I was thinking Soap Central.

It's kind of surprising how many potential 'SC' boards there are. :lol:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
May 3 2010, 01:07 PM
six
May 3 2010, 01:04 PM
It's a good thing you got here and cleared it up before people from all the various SC boards descended on the DR to defend themselves lol.
Just waiting for Shawn Christian to swoop in and chew me out....
Great...now you've got me wracking my brain for another actor with the initials SC so I can have a witty comeback. ^o)

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

lysie
May 3 2010, 01:14 PM
SocRMum1
May 3 2010, 01:11 PM
lysie
May 3 2010, 01:07 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Great...now you've got me wracking my brain for another actor with the initials SC so I can have a witty comeback. ^o)
I swear there is one. This weekend while looking at...something Days related....someone used those initials for an actor, and I automatically thought they meant him, but they were for someone else. And I thought "oh no. This is like LeeAnn Hunley/Lindsey Hartley and Arleen Sorkin/Alison Sweeney." But I can't figure out who it was. I'm starting to think I'm just dislexic (I totally just typed "anorexic") and it was actually Charles Shaughnessy, and it was never really an issue in the first place.
I know! I even went to Jason's site (because that's just how anal I can get about things like this) and after a quick look came up blank.

It will come to me, damnit. :hmmph:

But for the record I was thinking I might have been dyslexing (totally just made up that word) with Charles Shaughnessy, too.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply