Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Royalty: Top 20 Posters; May 2010
Topic Started: May 2 2010, 04:00 PM (2,713 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 5 2010, 01:01 PM
Damn. Kenny is a machine. I posted an insane amount last month and Kenny still had almost twice as much?
It's called not having a life, LoL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

AND he was offline with that virus ...

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Drew
May 5 2010, 12:50 PM
Why all the hate onthe Sci-Fi Serials? Viva La Dark Shadows et Strange Paradise!

Boo evil christian network soap!
No hate for CAPTAIN VIDEO! But why not throw in the FLASH GORDON serials they used to run overnight here? They just aren't/weren't soaps! I only ever saw one episode of STRANGE PARADISE when it originally aired! That and DARK SHADOWS make the "soap opera" cut IMO! And as GOD AWFUL(no pun intened) as ANOTHER LIFE was, it falls in the soap category!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I'm going to have to upload the Maljardain serial killings from Strange Paradise. Tudy Wiggins was deliciously evil.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Drew
May 6 2010, 12:05 AM
I'm going to have to upload the Maljardain serial killings from Strange Paradise. Tudy Wiggins was deliciously evil.
I would LOOOOVE to see that!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Drew
Do you have the whole series or something?
Quote Post Goto Top

Gilbert
Member Avatar
I'm just like snow... I get laid

You guys hating on Captain Video. That was a good show.

And I have several of Steve's books around here still and even the Soap Opera Encyclopedia has it listed as a soap opera.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Gilbert
May 6 2010, 09:03 AM
You guys hating on Captain Video. That was a good show.

And I have several of Steve's books around here still and even the Soap Opera Encyclopedia has it listed as a soap opera.
Nobody is hating on CAPTAIN VIDEO! The closest I ever came to seeing it is when Ed Norton was watching it on THE HONEYMOONERS! I just thought of it as a kid show! By the way, Gilbert, how are you and Steve's kids doing? I think of him often!

Gilbert
Member Avatar
I'm just like snow... I get laid

Steve's daughters are doing great. Both have moved away so I don't get to see them much but do hear from them often.

Steve's son and I share an apartment together now. He is back in college and working. He went missing during the floods. We ended up finding him at a friend's house from college. They were stranded at his house. He had picked him up on the road when the car got stuck due to rising waters. They didn't have any phone or cell phone service. So it was from Saturday until Monday morning before we knew where he was at.

We have all just been busy around here trying to get people out and seeing who needs what and all. Everyone's doing okay. Just trying to wind up the last of the settling of Steve's estate and all. We finally got around a few months ago to scattering Steve's ashes where he wanted. It was a nice service and I go back quite often.

Still miss him.

As to Captain Video. It was very much serialized and very good. I remember Steve often getting upset with someone on the Internet about saying such and such weren't soap operas. Something about the guy having a whole board where he often said it. That is all I remember. Steve would go on and on about it at times. He loved his soap operas and would rant about many of the radio soaps being serials and stuff and something about it not having to do with New York or where it aired. Sorry can't remember all of it. As often as he ranted I should. LOL

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Amello
May 6 2010, 08:05 AM
Drew
Do you have the whole series or something?
Yes, on DVD. I recorded them when Drive In Classics was reairing them.

juniorz1
Member Avatar
The Royal Stoner

Sigh. With all you postwhores here and being a moderate poster at best, I'll never makes this friggin list!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

^ LOL! You are up against a tough group.

downwhtone
Member Avatar

☼ Jinx ☼
May 2 2010, 04:00 PM
Posted Image
Number 19(19): Downwhtone (4,729 posts +9)
-- Downwhtone is a passionate man sometimes lol. --
I am a passionate man all the time, damn it! LOL

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

downwhtone
May 8 2010, 01:13 PM
☼ Jinx ☼
May 2 2010, 04:00 PM
Posted Image
Number 19(19): Downwhtone (4,729 posts +9)
-- Downwhtone is a passionate man sometimes lol. --
I am a passionate man all the time, damn it! LOL
:lol:

Scott
Member Avatar

Jinx...almost time for another one!!!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Not sure about anyone else, but if I don't have more posts than Kenny this month I think I never will.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Tomorrow guys .... promise!

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

IMissAremid
May 29 2010, 03:24 PM
Not sure about anyone else, but if I don't have more posts than Kenny this month I think I never will.
I don't want to spoil anything, but its not like everyone can't check and do the math anyways ... I think we will definitely have a new Poster of The Month this time.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Quote:

But there's 31 days in May. ;)
Edited by IMissAremid, May 29 2010, 05:17 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

IMissAremid
May 29 2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:

But there's 31 days in May. ;)
Indeed, but if its not done tomorrow, it won't be until next weekend, LOL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DR Top 20 Poster Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply