Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Charles Shaughnessy (Shane) is on Jeopardy! today
Topic Started: May 4 2010, 03:32 PM (856 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Just looked up and I see Charles Shaughnessy in the semi-finals of the Celebrity Jeopardy! tournament in today's episode (Tuesday, May 4) in case anyone is interested. I'll let you know how he does. ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

He just said his charity is 1736 Family Crisis Center, a shelter for the homeless, runaways and domestic abuse victims.

lysie
Member Avatar

Awww...look at Mr. Sheffield following in the footsteps of Ms. Fine.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

:lol:

This is kind of random, and I don't know why I remember this... but was there some episode of "The Nanny" where Elizabeth Taylor had a cameo and she was promoting her perfume?

Cause one of the clues was Elizabeth Taylor's perfume was White this... and CS was furiously buzzing in to answer it and it just sort of brought up a memory of that show somehow.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 4 2010, 03:44 PM

This is kind of random, and I don't know why I remember this... but was there some episode of "The Nanny" where Elizabeth Taylor had a cameo and she was promoting her perfume?

Cause one of the clues was Elizabeth Taylor's perfume was White this... and CS was furiously buzzing in to answer it and it just sort of brought up a memory of that show somehow.
Yep, Fran was suppose to call a courier to deliver the diamonds, but she decided to do it herself. Rosie O'Donnell was her cab driver.

Okay..........I'm pathetic. :drunk:

lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
May 4 2010, 03:49 PM
IMissAremid

Yep, Fran was suppose to call a courier to deliver the diamonds, but she decided to do it herself. Rosie O'Donnell was her cab driver.

Which was weird because there's also an episode where Fran is a regular on the Rosie O'Donnell show.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Awwww. CS was leading going into the final question before FINAL Jeopardy, but Michael McKean got the daily double to pass him.

Now it's Final Jeopardy time.

eta:

Also because I'm a huge dork I got amused when one of CS's questions was "Who is Brady?" given his stint on DAYS with all the Bradys.

And they also had Michael McKean at one point saying "What is schlamazel? (sp?)" which made me think of him on Laverne and Shirley.
Edited by IMissAremid, May 4 2010, 03:54 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 4 2010, 03:52 PM
Awwww. CS was leading going into the final question before FINAL Jeopardy, but Michael McKean got the daily double to pass him.

eta:

Also because I'm a huge dork I got amused when one of CS's questions was "Who is Brady?" given his stint on DAYS with all the Bradys.

And they also had Michael McKean at one point saying "What is schlamazel? (sp?)" which made me think of him on Laverne and Shirley.
LOL. What were the answers?

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Awwwwww. Charles didn't get the final question about what state song was named for a musical (Oklahoma) so he came in third place. I think his charity got $50,000.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

lysie
May 4 2010, 03:56 PM
IMissAremid

eta:

LOL. What were the answers?
1. This James (it was a category about people named James) was shot during the assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan.

2. The other one was from some category "From the Yiddish" and they gave some definition that had mazel in it.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
May 4 2010, 03:50 PM
JANALH
IMissAremid

Which was weird because there's also an episode where Fran is a regular on the Rosie O'Donnell show.
Yep, she was giving nanny tips wasn't she??

Hmm.....somebody's spent a little too much time watching Nick @ Nite! :P

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

IMissAremid

eta:

Lenny is beating Mr Sheffield at JEOPARDY??? It's a world gone mad!! :stars:

lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
May 4 2010, 04:00 PM
lysie
JANALH

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Nick at Nite my left foot. I have the DVDs!

That state song question seems biased. The man has an accent! And the other question was practically written for a cast member from Laverne and Shirley!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Heh. Well Charles didn't bet much so he kind of new he was screwed with that category.

And I think Lenny did guess "schlamiel" for one of the other clues after he got schlamazel right but that was wrong so it kind of evened out. :lol:

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
May 4 2010, 04:07 PM
JANALH
lysie

That state song question seems biased. The man has an accent! And the other question was practically written for a cast member from Laverne and Shirley!
WOW, the DVD's, I feel like such a loser! :P

My favorite character is Yetta, she never fails to crack me up. Even when I've seen the episode countless times!! :wub:

lysie
Member Avatar

JANALH
May 4 2010, 04:14 PM
lysie
May 4 2010, 04:07 PM
JANALH

WOW, the DVD's, I feel like such a loser! :P

My favorite character is Yetta, she never fails to crack me up. Even when I've seen the episode countless times!! :wub:
She's my favorite, too. Well...I also love CC and Niles. Heck, I love 'em all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply