Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Summer Previews!; June 1st Issue
Topic Started: May 18 2010, 06:54 PM (8,280 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Hmmm. It just occurred to me there was nothing whatsoever in the previews about Kate/Madeline. Weird. We see Kate with bloody hands and then... NOTHING?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Quote:

Bo/Hope/Dr. Baker: Hope reveals her plans to kill Bo. Dr. Baker is shocked. Bo learns the truth about Hope from Ciara and Theo. Bo and Hope will have a climatic confrontation and there's a very surprising turn in that. "It's not what you think."

If Bo finds out about Hope's nocturnal escapades, then wouldnt that mean that frees Arianna? Maybe the surprising turn is that Bo keeps Hope's secret and lets Ari take the wrap (until EJ, Brady or Rafe rescue her?)

I also can't wait for Alice's SL!

I'm also happy for Chloe being preggers...yes, I know, so predictable, but if it gets Phil out of Strawberry Shortcake land....I'm ALL for it!

WOOO HOOO...I think DAYS got a clue and hopefully can execute like they did last year!

dooldooldool

DrewHamilton
May 18 2010, 10:39 PM
Brady turning to a darker side is a nice change. I hope something substantial causes him to do this, otherwise, it will be kind of random and stupid.
There seemed to be a brief allusion to this during the "Big Java Cafe Argument" scene when Brady snapped at Arianna for using the term "addicted" to an "addict". Brady's whole addiction personality occurred off-screen and other than a few, rare mentions of his drug problems, the character has been mostly seen in Salem playing big brother to his older sister Samantha, St Melanie, and any other random female who has relationship issues (Stephanie/Chloe/Gabi). They touched on his addictive personality somewhat in Nicole's pre-jail days, but for the past 6 months, he mostly just boinks his latina love, stares blankly at Nicole, and dodges a Victor Insult now and then.

DOOL rarely does Big Issues well, but I smell a relapse in Brady Black's future.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Do you think that they are taking Bo and Carly out of each other's orbit? The only reason I'm asking this is that the summer previews are Bo and Hope and Carly, Daniel, Chloe and Phillip. Two rather large storylines that they aren't involved in together.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

*Rolls eyes* Like we didn't know Ej would end up being discovered by Nicole....Predictable.

Hope trying to kill Bo is just beyond stupid. And I think it will end with Bo living. If he lives then it is what I think. lol Predictable.

Thank god Brady will become dark. I hate this feel good granola hippy peiece of shit. Make the character interesting for god sake.

Rafe....Can he just leave already? So fucking boring. Why do I give a shit about him seeking the truth...seeking the truth...always seekiung the truth? I don't. He needs to go.

I can't wait to see the tribute to Frances.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

IMissAremid
May 18 2010, 10:04 PM
Well Nicole now certainly has leverage if she wants to convince EJ to tank Arianna's case. :lol:

or she has leverage to push him toward Arianna to get her away from Brady for good.....he's being bribed to get close to her while poor Ari actually falls for him...that can be fun to watch and Nicole there to pick up Brady when he falls should be good too....

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

Kenny
May 18 2010, 07:51 PM
JamesScott_19
May 18 2010, 07:46 PM
Please do not tell me that these are the summer sweeps, :eyeroll:
There's no such thing as "Summer Sweeps."
Well thanks for the warning, well there is a reason why days is not my favorite soap.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

LuvingLumi
May 19 2010, 07:53 AM
IMissAremid
May 18 2010, 10:04 PM
Well Nicole now certainly has leverage if she wants to convince EJ to tank Arianna's case. :lol:

or she has leverage to push him toward Arianna to get her away from Brady for good.....he's being bribed to get close to her while poor Ari actually falls for him...that can be fun to watch and Nicole there to pick up Brady when he falls should be good too....
That's an interesting theory...Nicole blackmailing EJ to cozy up to Arianna to get/keep her away from Brady. I hadn't thought of that one, but I could see it happening.

I agree that it's odd there is no mention whatsoever of Kate/Madeline.

I'm assuming these previews really just cover the month of June rather than the entire Summer. I'm mildly interested in seeing Brady take a dark turn, primarily because I like Eric Martsolf and I despise the way Brady is written. If he can pull it off it will be so refreshing to be able to enjoy Brady.

Chloe is pregnant???? Whodathunkit? :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

talbab1994
May 19 2010, 05:00 AM
Do you think that they are taking Bo and Carly out of each other's orbit? The only reason I'm asking this is that the summer previews are Bo and Hope and Carly, Daniel, Chloe and Phillip. Two rather large storylines that they aren't involved in together.
I wonder that too. Maybe they were using PR's offscreen time to test reactions to the idea of Daniel and Carly. I definitely prefer Daniel and Carly as a potential couple to either Bo/Carly or Daniel/Chloe so I don't mind going in that direction. I don't know if I'll be quite as shocked and surprised as Corday seems to think I will be by whatever happens with Bo and Hope, but there's at least a chance I could be interested in what they do. They've never been my favorites and they tend to bore me but if there really is an unexpected direction then I'm for it (maybe!).

samixxx
Member Avatar

Nicole in the driver's seat, I love it.

I'm happy for Chloe, and the story sounds interesting.

"Desperate measures" sounds intriguing. Looking forward to Rafe and Shane's little adventure.

Thanks for posting.

annalee003
Member Avatar

The previews sounds pretty good.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Wow,who could have predicted Chloe would get preggers? (sarc) What I want for this story is for Chloe and Daniel breakup,Chloe gets with Phillip,Daniel with Carly.Interesting that the summer story with Hope and Bo don't include Carly-thank God

msgolding

I don't know how this will all play out. Nicole is the last person I would have expected to find out the truth about the Sydney kidnapping. I don't think EJ will hook up with Ari because from what I understand EJami is supposed to get closer this summer. Rafe will find out the truth but even if he does will He be able to forgive Sami for trusting EJ? I believe It would be an interesting story for Rafe and Nicole to hook up and Nicole tells Rafe the secret but, by then Sami will be deeply in LOVE with EJ so when Sami doesa find out Sami forgive EJ and tells Rafe where to go.

OliveAnn

In regards to Chloe being pregnant, I only have this to say: if the baby turns out to be hers and Philip's, I as a viewer will feel offended. Offended because the show is clearly underestimating my intelligence.

Philip is supposed to have slow swimmers. Chloe was told gazillion times she can't get pregnant. The chances for the two of them to have a baby together are non-existent. Heck, even if Chloe was impregnated by SuperSperm EJ, I still wouldn't buy her being pregnant, with hysterical pregnancy and everything before. It would be a slap in the face to all women with fertility problems.

bohope80s
Member Avatar

Remember these spoilers are coming from the same person who said that Carly was not going to come between Bo and Hope and that is EXACTLY what happened!!!

dooldooldool

bohope80s
May 19 2010, 02:06 PM
Remember these spoilers are coming from the same person who said that Carly was not going to come between Bo and Hope and that is EXACTLY what happened!!!
Well, technically, Hope checked out of the marriage and left her husband. There was no scheming, manipulative interventionist behavior by the Widow Alamain. It was Hope's spiral into craziness that came between she and her husband.

catsmeouch

Looks like Vivian will use Caroline to keep Maggie and Victor apart.

Any word on Christie Clark's first airdate??

Emily

OliveAnn
May 19 2010, 12:37 PM
In regards to Chloe being pregnant, I only have this to say: if the baby turns out to be hers and Philip's, I as a viewer will feel offended. Offended because the show is clearly underestimating my intelligence.

Philip is supposed to have slow swimmers. Chloe was told gazillion times she can't get pregnant. The chances for the two of them to have a baby together are non-existent. Heck, even if Chloe was impregnated by SuperSperm EJ, I still wouldn't buy her being pregnant, with hysterical pregnancy and everything before. It would be a slap in the face to all women with fertility problems.

Wait, you're saying that as a DOOL viewer, you've NEVER had your intelligence insulted?

OliveAnn

Emily
May 19 2010, 03:19 PM
OliveAnn

Wait, you're saying that as a DOOL viewer, you've NEVER had your intelligence insulted?
Plenty of times, actually. Mostly during JER's stints. But the problem with this particular issue is that it's double insulting to a great number of women facing the issue of not being able to get pregnant.
Edited by OliveAnn, May 19 2010, 03:29 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

OliveAnn
May 19 2010, 03:26 PM
Emily
May 19 2010, 03:19 PM
OliveAnn

Plenty of times, actually. Mostly during JER's stints. But the problem with this particular issue is that it's double insulting to a great number of women facing the issue of not being able to get pregnant.
Days has been insulting women with various stories for years now, why would you ever think they would stop now! They should learn from their past mistakes and not repeat them... ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply