Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Summer Previews!; June 1st Issue
Topic Started: May 18 2010, 06:54 PM (8,277 Views)
Manda1

I need to express my absolute delight that Nicole is going to find out what EJ did! Thank you writers! I hope she makes his life very uncomfortable during the coming months.

Nicole is a match for EJ when it comes to cunning whereas Sami is a twit who believes his phoney Were in this together nonsense, Im a changed man blah, blah... where as Nicole can see through his manipulations.

I thought the show was being extremely sexist by Nicole going to prison and being treated like crap over the baby switch and EJ potentially being written as getting off scot free! So glad we shall be seeing no such thing! We shall also not be seeing EJ confess! You wish! :lol: There is absolutely no story or drama in a confession from a mob boss and frankly its not in their style I dont think...but there is big drama in him being busted! :popcorn:

I dont think Nicole will be the one to publicly expose EJ as that isnt her style...shell use the information to get something for herself and her personal benefit...she may drop hints to Sami just to screw with her head but not enough to give anything away outright shell enjoy watching Sami being played for a fool and EJ squirm too much.

My money is still on Rafe for the final big reveal and the bid to bring EJ to justice...will we see EJ in an orange jumpsuit? One can only hope but I wont hold my breath on that one.

I am so glad Nicole is coming back into the Sydnapping story its been really dead just watching Sami and EJ sit on the Dimera couch and talk about what a great father he is and how much their kids love them.... :sleep:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Judging from the SOW Summer Preview article, it looks like EJ and Nicole will both have something on each other - he'll know about her role in Arianna's set up and she'll know about the Sydnapping. So it appears they'll come to 'an uneasy truce'.

I'm glad they won't have EJ being completely at her mercy - as he has been with Stefano.

Should be fun to see it play out! :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Late to the party but better late then never LOL.

Quote:

Alice's Death: Familiar faces return to Salem to mourn Alice Horton after she passes away on June 22nd. "Having been there on the floor when they taped it, it was like time out of time. Some cast members never broke character between scenes; they kept in that grief. It's an amazing moment in the history of the show."

Sounds great! This is one thing I don't think Corday is BSing us about. This should be epic.

Quote:

Bo/Hope/Dr. Baker: Hope reveals her plans to kill Bo. Dr. Baker is shocked. Bo learns the truth about Hope from Ciara and Theo. Bo and Hope will have a climatic confrontation and there's a very surprising turn in that. "It's not what you think."

I like that this is an adventure story, as Corday said. Like that Ciara and Theo (future supercouple right there) are involved in the reveal. The faceoff with Hope and Bo should be good. I can't wait to see the buildup to it and the aftermath. I hope they play the faceoff up in like late August or something. Use it as a springboard into the Fall and into what I hope is another chapter of this where Hope has to put the pieces of her life together and deals with the aftermath. I hope this isn't some way to just get Bo and Hope together again. It can be used to do later on but, if played right, this whole story and Hope/Bo/Carly triangle can be played out for a long time and be really good.

Quote:

EJ/Sami/Rafe/Nicole/Brady/Arianna: Brady and Arianna break up and Brady realizes that Nicole has deceived him. This is the beginning of a substantial character change for Brady and he takes a pretty dark turn. Nicole overhears EJ and Stefano talking and discovers the truth about Sydney's kidnapping. Everything will be in her hands. Nicole holds the trump card in this story, and deciding when and where to play it will be lots of fun. Meanwhile, Rafe doesn't give up and he takes desperate measures to uncover the truth. In the midst of all this, Fay returns.

THANK YOU! FINALLY! Taking Nicole, Brady, and Arianna out of this story ruined their story and the Rafe/Sami/EJ story. One of the strengths of last year was how the baby switch story was the umbrella under which so many of the stories played out. Both stories were missing what made them interesting. Nicole is a pot stirrer, a loose cannon. She shines in that role. Having her discover EJ's secret puts her back in the center of this and I love it. It instantly makes this story better and should add some interest to the Brady/Arianna part of this too. It also makes Sami finding out an even bigger moment with Nicole's involvement. Funny how Sami isn't even mentioned in all this. Love Brady going to the dark side and breaking up with Arianna. I just hope there is a good reason for it because I can't see any right now. Look forward to Fay's return.

Quote:

Vivian/Victor/Maggie/Caroline: Victor and Maggie continue spending time together, which doesn't please Vivian in the least. Vivian decides to take action, which leads to a much bigger chapter down the road. This is the start of a very substantial story.

I wouldn't believe Corday on this being a substantial story if not for the fact that Victor and Maggie are already getting far more play then I would've expected together. I wonder what Vivian will do and where all this is leading. It's good to see her doing something else besides sniping at Carly. This could be interesting, especially with Caroline's involvement.

Quote:

Daniel/Chloe/Carly/Phillip/Melanie/Nathan/Stephanie: Chloe discovers that she's pregnant. Carly knows, too. Carly interrupts Chloe and Daniel's impromptu wedding ceremony and announces that the bride has a bun in the oven. Phillip freaks out -- he didn't think Chloe was able to get pregnant. However, the bigger story here is about Melanie and Nathan: Who will uncover the truth... and when?!

The pregnancy is predictable but necessary. This story needed something to raise the stakes. As I said in the other thread, I hope the Daniel/Chloe wedding and pregnancy reveal is a Wimbledon cliffhanger. This show hasn't done a good one in awhile and that one would be cool. If not, that's fine but it shouldn't happen any earlier then that.

All in all, this already sounds much better then last summer, which is surprising since Days usually writes off summer. I guess Days placed their story pull in spring this year instead of summer like last year. Unlike in most years, most of this probably won't happen until July. Usually anything previewed by Corday happens within a month of the preview but given the Alice stuff taking over most of June, we know that won't be the case this time so we should be in for at least two solid months this summer, which is a vast improvement over last.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 20 2010, 01:39 PM
Judging from the SOW Summer Preview article, it looks like EJ and Nicole will both have something on each other - he'll know about her role in Arianna's set up and she'll know about the Sydnapping. So it appears they'll come to 'an uneasy truce'.

I'm glad they won't have EJ being completely at her mercy - as he has been with Stefano.

But according to the SOD Summer Article Nicole's secret comes out & Brady turns darker so EJ's leverage will be nothin', poor poor EJ.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SocRMum1

Oh and I'm sure Sami will simply be delighted when she finds out that EJ and Nicole had a truce.....the "changed man" in cahoots with the woman that switched and kidnapped her baby....Oh yeah...when Sami finds that out she will simply be delighted! :D

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
May 20 2010, 04:16 PM
SocRMum1

Oh and I'm sure Sami will simply be delighted when she finds out that EJ and Nicole had a truce.....the "changed man" in cahoots with the woman that switched and kidnapped her baby....Oh yeah...when Sami finds that out she will simply be delighted! :D
I know! Isnt it great!

Sami has always had this intense hate for Nicole, so she is going to blow her stack once she finds out that EJole messed up her chances with Rafe. Really, thats all she cares about. I dont see her hunting down the Syndapper. She could care less- but dont mess around with her sex life! LOL

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

LuvingLumi
SocRMum1

Sami should be delighted because she once was best friends with Nicole, so she no leg to stand on ;)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JamesScott_19
May 20 2010, 07:01 PM
LuvingLumi
SocRMum1

Sami should be delighted because she once was best friends with Nicole, so she no leg to stand on ;)
You said the operate word...."was"....she is no longer her friend and Sami realized why she cozied up to her then.....Sami will be livid!

JamesScott_19
Member Avatar
Don't get up. So how are you? What happened, eh? Let me guess, Stefano told you that you could fly,and you jumped off a building. HeHe It's funny right, no I'm sorry Bad EJ, I should'nt be that cruel!

LuvingLumi
May 20 2010, 07:26 PM
JamesScott_19
May 20 2010, 07:01 PM
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
You said the operate word...."was"....she is no longer her friend and Sami realized why she cozied up to her then.....Sami will be livid!
Of course she would be livid but she would soon forgive him. Sami was dumb enough to trust Nicole in the first place, so she really has no leg to stand on except the hypocritical one.

dayslover12

Sound good

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply